Falling For Him (#2)

By alisonswan94651

"Falling in love was never my intention." "Trust me, Buddy, me neither." **** Emily Holland is a definition o... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Meet The Casts
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Epilogue

Chapter 8

47 50 33
By alisonswan94651

Emily's POV

1. Make a trip to Disneyland.

2. Have a picnic under the Effiel Tower.

3. See Monalisa.

4. Have a painting done. 

5. Watch outdoor cinema.

6. Hear a concert in here.

7. See an opera or ballet. 

8. Ride a bike.

9. Skinny dipping.

10. Fall in love. 

I checked my bucket list again and a smile crept across my face thinking how Rick will help me with every wish I've written here. But I regret writing the last one because it shows I've already started to fall for someone here...um...Rick here, but I guess being his girlfriend wouldn't hurt my falling part more. Right?

I then realized Rick's trying to see what I'm staring at. My heart rate suddenly picks up and I distance myself from him, vaguely so he can't call out on it. 

"What are you staring at?" He asked curiously, obviously unable to read cause I stepped away before he can fully see the paper. Even if that day, he was the one to give me it, I'm pretty sure he didn't read it or he'd be run for the hills now.

Not standing in the Disneyland with me. 

Yeah, he took me to Disneyland per my first wish. And I can't deny it's making me want to sing in the middle of a road or dancing with the kids that came here with their family. And after the rides, I just want to jump on him...er or not. 

"Hey, Em? What's going on in your pretty little head?" Rick asked amused. I must have got a big smile on my face as he leaned closer trying to peck my lips, but before he gets too close something hits us in the nose.

"Ouch!" Immediately my hand reached my nose where I can see the first trail of blood flowing down to my lips. Shit! I think I broke it. 

"Em! Oh crap, stay still." He ordered while looking around. Fucking hell! Only I'll be the one to break my nose on a fucking Disneyland. I think he found what he was looking for because the next thing I know he's cupping my face to look at his eyes.

"Tell me if it's hurt, ok?" I nodded and he dubbed a cloth filled with alcohol pressed against my nose. It freaking hurts but I just bit my tongue out not to scream in pain. I just don't understand. It was just a ball, a kid might've been playing which hit me, but why the hell it hurts that much?

As if getting what I was thinking Rick frowned. "Someone hit us with a brick part. It could've seriously damaged you if it would hit your head." 

A Brick?

Are you kidding me!? 

"Why'd someone do that?" I asked astonished. It's a place for fun and holiday for God sake! 

He shrugged in an answer and when the pain subsided, I finally got my kiss. Just as fast he kissed me, that fast he left me wanting more. Like a cheeky little cat, he smiled while I pouted looking at him, battling my eyelashes.

I was told it works most of the time. 

Cami's words, not mine. 

"Let's get to that ride." Rick purposely ignored my eyes and turned behind him to point at the Ferris wheel. I didn't answer so he looks up.

I give him a daring grin.

"Nah, I'm good." He shook his head at me and stood up from the bench.

"What are you-" Before I can finish my sentence I was dangling upside down. What the- He's carrying me on his back! 

"Rick! Put me down!" I yelled laughing. I mean, I can't deny the view isn't good but oh well...

"Nah, I'm good." He teased winking. 

After what like ten minutes, we were standing in front of the Ferris Wheel. In the night, it looked like thousand stars, making my grin widens. With a smile on our face, we got to the chairs. 

The wheel started to go up and up, and finally stopped for a few minutes. The view there was...spectacular. Now I know, I would've really missed it if Rick wouldn't practically throw me for the ride. 

"This is the part where you should kiss me." I teased looking back at Rick but he had a frown on his face, like he's thinking he should say something or not. 

"What's wrong?" I gave him a confused look. 

"Do you forgive me?" He said impatiently, his voice almost faltering. Is he asking because of the Teyana thing?

"Forgive you for what?" I asked to make sure what I was thinking was right. Because in truth I think, there's something fishy in the story but I'm not going to hold a grudge against him if I don't even know the whole story. 

And I like him, a lot. 

"For bullying you?" 

For- what?

For a moment my mind was blank thinking what the hell he's cooking about. But then I remembered. I remembered every horrible thing he's ever said to me. Every push on the lockers, every time he stole my food, humiliating me on the school ground, banning me from parties.

Everything.

It's funny how we believe the out of sight, out of mind phrase so much that sometimes we forget how it was before. Like I did. When I started dating him I had my doubts. I knew he was a changed man but I think in the deep deep center of my mind, I always had a fear of rejection. Or being humiliated brutally. 

I didn't notice the tears until he wiped them off and turned me towards him. "Say something, please." 

"I-I don't know what to say. I forgive you and Cami for that. And I know you changed and all but I thought this conversation will never come up you know." Then I felt bad as his face hardens more. "But that doesn't mean I'm holding gurges on you," I say pouring my new feelings into my tone.

"But I want us to talk. I want you to know that I'm sorry, I drove you away from New York. I always did worse than Cami. And, I deserve if you think I'm not worth for you." 

"Don't ever think like that." 

Before I can say more, the wheel started to work again and when we reached the car, something feels changed. The entire ride he ignored my eyes. Now I feel like a stupid who couldn't exactly tell what she wanted. The moment we reached home, I quickly get to my feet and began walking out the car.

"Wait!" he called after me. I don't wait, I already feel pretty bad. "Get back, Em!" He says numerous times.

"Emily!" I turned around to my name. It sounded so good when he said it.

Oh jeez, I can't think this!

"Please, just stop and listen. I'm sorry I ruined your night. I just needed to let that out. The past we had, has me thinking that if you are uncomfortable with me or something-"

"Uncomfortable?" I laughed humorlessly. "If I was uncomfortable, I'd never agreed to date you. I'm even not that crazy to just date to have fun." 

What I say next might've broken me to the core but he needed to understand. So I whispered out. "And if I wanted fun, then I could just stick to the one-night stands." 

I didn't hear a word after that so I assumed he left. I wanted to cry how the fun day turned out to be a worse day. He still felt guilty but I said that I forgave him. So, why he's still hung up on that?

"Soooo Em, got into a lovers fight?" Someone asked curiously. I turned around to see no sign of Rick and Cora watching me silently. 

"No definitely not. We're not lovers, we are just casual dating." Cora doesn't know what happened and I never want to relive my bullying days, especially with Rick.

"Okay, whatever you say, but maybe you should wipe that stupid grin off your face before anyone sees." She joked and unknown to me after hearing us called lovers, a grin has permanently made a place on my face.

"It's nothing," I say reassuringly though I have a feeling I'm only reassuring myself.

Cora walked smiling and hugged me suddenly. "If you were casual dating, you two wouldn't fight nor become upset." She whispered in my ear, still hugging me, making my eyes widen.

I know she's right. But what if-

Uh! 

"I'll talk to him. And don't get any idea of us being lovers." I scold walking towards Rick's door. All she does is a nod, not too convinced, but doesn't want to push the subject.

But I need to step up on my game and make Rick realize he's an amazing guy. And I have a perfect idea of doing that.

Just wait and watch, Rick. 

***

 I don't' even know what I just wrote! Whatever let me know about the chapter by-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 35.8K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...
20K 720 48
Beautiful Smart Rude Stubborn as hell. Emily,going through so many job interviews, she felt live was giving her a chance when she was called for the...
7.7K 231 23
"I never planned on falling in love with you, but I did, and oh what an adventure it has been." When an unlikely pair find themselves instantly draw...
2.6K 277 30
Shawn looked at me with a puzzled face. "What are you writing?" I looked up from my new journal and smiled. "I'm writing everything that has happened...