Not Just A Fan - Josh Hutcher...

By floatingpetal

Emma's just another typical girl who's lost in her own head and in love with a celebrity. She has just gradua... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86: The End?

Chapter 50

2.2K 67 14
By floatingpetal

Emma's POV.

"I would die to meet Jennifer Lawrence. She's amazing."

"Yeah she's really cool." Connor replies.

Josh is in his own little bubble as he stares blankly at his phone. He has been since he's read that text. I can't believe he'll be leaving so soon. I almost forgot that he was famous. Almost.

So much for this whole friend thing. He won't remember me when he leaves. Of course he won't. I'll just be another fan. The funny thing is that I still don't have his autograph or even a picture with him. I should probably ask him soon.

"Emma!"

"Huh what yeah?"

"You've been staring at your drink for the past three minutes. Are you okay?" Connor asks.

"I'm fine." I lie.

I can tell he doesn't believe me but he let's it go for now. I study Josh's face for any type of emotion, but I can't tell what he's thinking. He finally clicks his phone off and returns his gaze to us. I quickly look away.

"So what were you guys talking about?" he asks.

"Oh you mean before you two zoned out." Connor laughs.

"We were talking about Jennifer Lawrence." I recall.

"Ah Jen I can't wait to see her and the rest of the cast." Josh smiles.

A pang of jealously rushes through me. Wait... jealousy? Jennifer is beautiful. I admit that I was, and probably still am, a hard core Joshifer shipper. They would be perfect together.

I check my phone and it's a little after four. Wow time flies. I have six new messages but I decide to ignore them for now.

"It's getting pretty late." I say. Connor yawns in agreement.

"Yeah I guess it is." Josh adds.

I try to convince Connor into getting Alex's number before we left but he chickens out.

"You'll regret it."

The cold air immediately hits me as we walk out the shop. I'm glad I wore this sweater. Sometimes I really hate LA's bipolar weather.

Josh and Connor walk me to my car and we say our goodbyes.

"I'll see you later yeah?" Connor asks.

I nod in agreement and give him a quick hug.

"Bye Josh." I say sincerely. This could be the last time in months that I see him. Who knows?

"Bye Emma." he surprises me by pulling me in for a hug, one that I longed for since last night. I can't help but pick up his scent. He smells like clouds and cotton candy.

"You smell really nice." I blurt out.

If there ever was an appropriate time to die, now would be the time.

"Thanks, you look really beautiful, Emma." he smiles making my knees weak.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes really."

Connor clears his throat reminding us of his presence.

"Okay well bye guys!"

I quickly make my way into my car and rest my head on the steering wheel. This boy confuses me. I just can't see myself going back to the point where I was constantly watching his interviews. Now that I know him, I don't think I would be able to stay away. But there's nothing I can do about him leaving.

I put my key into the ignition and start the engine, and slowly back out of the parking space.

"Emma wait!"

Josh runs straight to my window and I abruptly stop the car.

"Josh! You've got to stop freaking me out like that!"

"I'm sorry." he says out of breath.

"I could have hit you!"

He regains his composure and I roll my window down all the way.

"Am I missing something?" I ask.

"No well I was just, I just wanting to ask you if you wanted to catch a movie tomorrow?"

"Oh yeah sure of course.What time? Oh and is Connor coming along?"

"I was thinking that, you know, it would just be you and I. I mean if you want. If you'd, if you'd like that." he runs his hand through his hair.

"I'd love that." I say honestly. I can't keep the smile off my face.

"Great, see you then."

With that said, he leaves.

Wait what just happened?

Did he just ask me out on a date? Or is this just a friend thing? I don't even know what to think, this friendship is confusing enough as it is.

The drive back home isn't long at all. And it's not until I pull into the driveway when I realize that I haven't checked my messages. I'm assuming that they're from Mickey so I put my phone back into my pocket and head inside the house.

"Helllllllooo I'm home." I call out.

"Emma!" Lily runs into my arms.

"Hi there." I smile.

"Emma! Mickey and Eli are dating!"

I put my hand over her mouth, hoping my parents didn't hear that. Her muffled protest against my hand makes me release her.

"How do you know?" I ask her.

"Mommy and Daddy were talking to them about it. There was a lot of screaming going on." Lily says in a rushed sentence.

"Oh shoot. Do you know where Mickey is now?"

"Your room." she points upstairs.

I immediately take off in that direction, my adrenaline instantly kicking in. Once I'm standing in front of the door, I relax my breathing. I wonder what emotional state I will find her in. Without any other thoughts I open the door, preparing for the worst.

"Where the heck were you!" a pillow is instantly thrown at my face.

"I am so sorry! What happened?" I ask.

"Your parents know about Eli and I."

"Lily told me."

I grab the pillow off the floor and place it back onto the bed. I'm a little ocd about keeping my room clean. I finally take a seat next to Mickey.

"Did you read my texts?" she asks.

"No. But what happened?" I ask her again.

A huge smile spreads across her face.

"They approve."

"I freaking knew it! I told you everything would work out!"

"I guess you and Eli were right. They were pretty mad that we kept it a secret but they seemed to love the fact that we're together, strange enough. But get this, they don't want us alone in the same room together as long as we're in this house."she begins to laugh.

"Good." I shiver just thinking about it.

"It's not like we even do anything."

"So you guys never, you know.." I begin.

"No no no. Not even close." she assures me.

Oddly enough, I'm a little surprised, since she's hooked up with a ton of guys before.

"So where were you all day?" she asks.

"Starbucks with Connor and Josh."

"Oh I see." she raises her eyebrows.

"Is it weird that Josh asked me out to the movies tomorrow... just me and him?"

"He didn't!"

"Oh but he did."

"You have a date with Josh Hutcherson!"

"Shhh!" it's my turn to throw a pillow at her.

"No it's not a date. It wouldn't be. It's just us as friends. Just as friends." I reassure myself more than to her.

"Sureeee." she winks at me.

"He's leaving in three weeks." I blurt out.

"He is?"

"Yeah. He's leaving for Catching Fire premieres." I sigh.

"Well you never know, a lot can happen in three weeks."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 5.6K 55
||SQUEAL To 'The Perfect Dream' a Josh Hutcherson love story!! So I wrote a really good description and was really proud of it, then realized I gave...
2.1K 26 7
17 year old Jennifer Lawrence practically runs her high along with her clique, The Pretty Committee and with her boyfriend, Josh Hutcherson and his a...
4.6K 84 26
Allison Miller has been in love with her best friend and next door neighbor Luke all her life but Luke has always had a girlfriend. Instead of moving...
83.1K 1.7K 41
Sam is your average teenage girl. But when drowning in a river bank in the outskirts of LA happens and is taken in by Josh Hutcherson her life change...