Falling For Him (#2)

By alisonswan94651

"Falling in love was never my intention." "Trust me, Buddy, me neither." **** Emily Holland is a definition o... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Meet The Casts
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Epilogue

Chapter 7

44 49 23
By alisonswan94651

Emily's POV

You had to be kidding me.

That's the only thing I thought as I trailed off to where Rick was staring like he just saw his dead grandma dancing with the devil. There was a girl who had clear blue eyes and long red curly hair on a plait, wearing a black long gown which complimented her whole look. She looked like a badass and I was pissed off. 

"Rick?"

I had to sound uncaring as possible otherwise Rick will realize that I just heard him calling Teyana, his ex-girlfriend. I could see his eyes widen a bit, his mind processing that we are in a middle of a date. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just got caught up in something. You were saying?" He hurriedly replied and snatched his drink to take a sip. 

He's nervous. 

So I decided to stop playing games and ask him directly. "Who's Teyana?" 

I was never for liars anyway. If Rick was reacting bad earlier, his condition just got worse, like choking on his drink and coughing till his eyes were red. Before he can say something or even breath a little a throat clearing had me whipped around my chair to meet the steely eyes of...Teyana. 

"Sorry for the interruption, but I thought this table was under my name?" She spoke looking at Rick with unsurety. For once, I stayed silent and let Rick talk. 

What's he going to say? 

"Um...this table is under my and Emily's name. I'm sorry, you must be mistaken." Are they going to pretend that I don't know a thing? What the hell!? 

Teyana narrowed her eyes slightly at me, but when I glared at her, she sobered up and turned back her attention to Rick. What should I do? Should I start yelling at Teyana for eying up my boyfriend at my date or slap Rick for not saying a word? 

"Emily, we're leaving." At last, Rick decided to ask the waiter for the bill, sliding out from his chair and to come at mine. But I stayed glued where I was sitting, with an award-winning smile. When he noticed I wasn't going anywhere, he turned to me in question.

"Rick, aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" I gritted out even if I wanted to punch one of them in the face and it was probably going to be Rick. By now, several heads were turned to us as I was the only one sitting, Teyana glaring at us and Rick ready to leave. I ignored the look and waited for one of them to say something and it came in the form of a bitchy laugh. 

"Friend? You didn't tell her Rick?" 

I raised an eyebrow. "Tell me what?" 

Rick finally cracked. "Teyana, leave." He commanded in such a tone, which even made me gasp at how rude he was being. I stood up creating a barrier between them because it looked like Rick could kill her. Seeing me standing up, he gave me a small smile which did nothing to hide the confusion and anger I was feeling but fortunately for once, Teyana with a huff walked farther into the restaurant, leaving us in an awkward situation. 

"Wanna tell me what was that?" I stated as I stepped away from him. Sorry but not sorry, I was angry and me being angry could do a serious damage to our- can I even say relationship? We were casual dating, seeing where it goes. But if he kept a secret like this or couldn't even confront his past, then it was a serious issue for me. 

I have almost reached our car when a hand reached out to stop me from storming out. Looking back at Rick, I sighed. I was just so ready to have the summer of fun and new starting. But no matter how much I try, I end up having nothing. 

Being disappointed. 

"Leave me alone." I uttered, my voice hard as I looked at anywhere but him. 

Rick traced the fallen hair lock behind my ear before turning me towards him. A wry smile perked up the edges of his mouth, making me realize how deadly serious he was. When he noticed I had his full attention he spoke in a broken whisper. 

"I'll tell you everything. Just don't go." 

***

So I didn't leave. The journey back from the date was tense and full of unsure glances. Did he still love Teyana? Or was he just casually dating her like me? But then again, if it was casual, he wouldn't go barkshark at the news of Sean and Teyana together. And that led me to question Sean that if they were still together. 

Ahhh, I'm going to end up ripping my own hair out!

"Em?" 

"Hmm?" I answered half-heartedly. 

"Look at me." I sat there in my bed for a moment, contemplating what I should do. Will he even say the truth? 

"Em, please look at me. I'm sorry, Ok?" He mumbled out, pulling his hair, making it messier than it usually is. After breathing out a sigh, I nodded him to continue. 

Giving me a small nod of his own he started explaining. "I-I know I should've told you everything from the start. You told me how you slept around-" I winced when he mentioned them but immediately he shook his head fumbling around, opening and closing his mouth.

"I-I didn't mean to-it's just-"

I cut him off. "You may continue, Rick. I told you why I never had a steady boyfriend. But if don't talk to me now, you may lose me too." 

"No! I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I'm not a saint either, Emily. I had countless one-night stands and heartbreaks in the way. But above all, I loved Teyana. Yes, I admit I should've told you about her but it was a conversation even I wanted to avoid." He blurted out as I tensed, taking a gulp of water to clear my dry throat. 

"Because you still love her?" 

His eyes snapped at mine in confusion. "What? Hell no! That was definitely not the reason. How can I love a girl who sleeps with my cousin when we were still in a relationship?" 

Still in a relationship? 

"Are you talking about Sean?" I asked unsure of the turn of events. Sean told me, they slept together after the break-up. But Rick's saying they were still together. Who should I believe? 

"Yes, Sean, the cousin I adored as my brother. I admit I was lividly angry because I found out about them but Teyana wasn't the only one at fault. Sean flirted with her openly even in front of me. I thought it was playful as he was that kind of guy but I guess I was wrong on so many levels." 

Hold up, what?

I might've looked like a gaping fish because the next thing I know Rick was patting me on the shoulder and muttering curses. 

"Should I stop here or you can take more?" 

"Tell me everything." I raised my voice in alarm. There's definitely something was fishy. Who was telling the truth?

Rick or Sean?

"After the incident, Teyana apologized saying she was drunk and she didn't mean it. But I couldn't bring myself to trust her again. So I avoided her for a whole three years. Today has to be first I've ever seen her after a long time. So I was clearly shocked. I'm sorry, this wouldn't be an issue if you knew." He looked devasted but I had to tell him that I want him honest. So that's what I did.

"Damn hell you should! You hate her because she was dishonest but hiding something like this, don't you think, make you also like her? How can I know you're saying the truth when next time something happens like this?" I yelled at Rick, I couldn't be in the same room as him without knowing if I can trust him or not. 

Rick gave me a full blown smile in return. Did I say something funny? I glared hard as his smile turned into a smirk. 

"You know why I like you?" He asked like he was talking to himself. Even I think sometimes why he likes me, the crazy Em. He continued without waiting for my reply. "Because you're honest and don't give a crap about what people think about you. You're your own person, and not only you're beautiful outside but also a beautiful person inside."

God, why does he have to be so sweet? I'm swooning!

I didn't know how to answer that so I did what I always do. I raised my eyebrow in a mocking manner. "Oh my god! Is Rick William falling for me!?" 

He gave me an amused smile and leaned down to kiss me. This time without hesitation I captured his lips as mine. Even after so many time kissing him, I can never get tired of them. When we broke apart, he whispered tenderly,

"I meant to gave you a surprise tonight. Would you take it now?" 

I nodded eagerly. 

He pecked me one last time before coming back with a wrapped case. Opening it slowly I noticed the paper inside in confusion, but as I read the things written in there I can't help but look at Rick in surprise.

"You gave me my bucket list?" 

"Hmm. I'd like to help you get every wish you've written here." Rick whispered into my ear as he wrapped his arms around me making me feel something other than like for the first time in my life. 

"Promise?" 

"Promise."

I didn't have the heart to tell him my last wish on the bucket list.

Because I was already falling for him. 

***

A long, yelling, swooning chapter later, I want to know how you guys liked it by-

See you all on Monday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 57 11
Official sequel to 'She' ~in which Y/n tries her best to move on with her life and reconnect with reality after what happened... or DIDN'T happen, I...
2.6K 277 30
Shawn looked at me with a puzzled face. "What are you writing?" I looked up from my new journal and smiled. "I'm writing everything that has happened...
25.1K 1.7K 43
Out of her friendship group, Rhea Jameson was known as the sensible one. She was not one to take risks, until, of course, she meets Brodie Maguire on...
4.1K 404 58
"I envy people that know love. That have someone who takes them as they are." ― Jess C Scott, The Devilin Fey What if you are too damaged, too broken...