Unleashed

By PrettyRandom

Annabelle Aconite, the daughter of a Sheriff, always knew there was something off about her. From her strange... More

Prologue
Nightmares
First Day Of School
Pebbles
Requested
Douchebag
Bientôt
First Warning
Worried
Games (Long)
Unexplained
Rodeo Drive
Murdered
Trust (Long)
Gem
The Fall (Long)
My Brother the Jerk
Midnight
The Tracks (Long)
Movie Date (Long)
Morning of...
Seniors Party
"Wake Up!"
"Stay Away From Harry."
Silver Lining
Drawings
étincelles
Followed
Let's Go Camping!
Red
Meet Me
Revealed
Aftermath
The BBQ
My Slice of Heaven
Monday....
Pictures..
Proverbs (Long)
Breathless (Long)
Lost (Part 1)
Lycanthropy (Part 2 of Lost)
Feu
Meanings
Legendary Lovers <3
Close to Home
Unexpected
Visitor
Elements
Tarot Cards
Girls in White
Invitation? (Long)
Guess Whose Over For Dinner (Part 1 Long)
Falling Star (Part 2 Long)
Recruiting
Go Big or Go Home
Halloween (Part 1 of 3)
0 to 100 Real Quick (Part 2 of 3)
Mystery Guy (Part 3 of 3)
Breakfast
Your Eyes
Something New
You asked I've answered :) (Author addition)
"I Knew"
Surprise!
Starlight
Chest Pains
Twister
Linda (Part 1 of 4)
Fireproof (Part 2 of 4)
Illusions (Part 3 of 4)
"Symbolism and Meanings" (Part 4 of 4)
Purple and Grey
You Asked I've Answered Part 2!!!!
Lies
Mimicking
Ask Them
Dreams
"Bon coneur ne peut mentir"
Off To The Cabin (Part 1)
Hints
Icing
Muddy Dark Blue
Drinks and Those 3 Words
Changes
Shadows
Naughty Dreams
Your Father Is...
Filling in Some Blanks
Questions
House Pop Ups
Coward
What are you Going to Do?
Two Wolves
Heated Touch
You asked Again and I've Answered!
Reaching for him Mentally
All hell Breaking Loose
Lighting and Thunder
White Lights and A Wolf?
NOT AN UPDATE
Legacy
Character Questionnaire
!!!!!Untamed!!!!!
Printing Books?

Marshmallows

22.9K 712 114
By PrettyRandom

After getting back to the campsite Harry went off into the woods behind where his tent was and I went over to where a huge rock sat as I looked out to the woods.

“Penny for your thought?”

Looking up Miss Jackson walks over to me as I smile, “Hey.”

“You okay darling?”

I nod, “Yeah I’m good.”

Motioning next to me she says, “May I?”

I nod as I move over.

“What’s bothering you?” she asks.

I shake my head, “Nothing, it’s just that.” pausing I looked up at her, “Your into that who spiritual magic stuff right?” 

She nods, “I studied it for a semester in college. Why do you ask?”

“What do you know about aura’s?”

Miss Jackson eyes widen for a second as she looks at me, “Why do you ask?”

I shrugged I can’t exactly come out and say that I think I see them, so instead I say, “I read about it somewhere before and I’m just curious to what it is?”

“Well,” she starts, “The medical definition of it is that it is a perceptual disturbance experienced by some with migraine or seizures before either the headache or seizure begins.”

“And the nonmedical definition.”

Adjusting her glasses she says, “It’s a field of subtle, luminous radiation surrounding a person or object. One in which says that all living things, including humans, and all objects manifest such an aura, one that is said to associate various personality traits with the colors of different layers of the aura.”

“Do you know what sets it off, or what it’s symptoms are?”

“Well I heard that it associates with energy, but both can be triggered by panics, panic attacks, or anxiety attacks.”

“Are there certain changes that happen through this process?”

She nods, “When an aura is trigger it’s usually a sign of something bad coming, an migraine, a panic attack. So how some people notices that it is coming is by different visual, or auditory changes. Whether its bright lights, or stars lights in your vision, strange smell, a feeling of your body temperature rising or even strange noises like buzzing or a beeping sound.”

I nod for a second as I take all of her information in.

“Sweetheart is there something going on with you?” she asks with worry in her eyes.

Shaking my head I smile, “No, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? I mean Rob use to tell me when you were little that you use to say you saw colors around people.”

I blocked her out for a moment. It’s been a while since I heard the name Rob, my uncle. At times I wondered how I could forget the fact that my uncle and Miss Jackson use to talk, like in a relationship talk. She had been in my life since I was in 5th grade, when she was my art teacher in elementary, and I still found it weird to call her anything besides Miss Jackson.

“My uncle told you that I use to see auras?” I said realizing what she had just said.

She nods, “He said that you use to come up to him asking him why he was covered in a sliver like light. He thought that it was because you were young, and you know how people say that the younger kids are the more that they are subjected to the paranormal, so he always looked passed it.”

I nod.

“Miss Jackson!” yells another teacher as she looks back.

“I have to go.” She says as she stands, “We’re about to roast hot dogs, and marshmallows, would you like to help set up?”

Looking around to see if I seen Ashton or Charlotte, I nodded when I didn’t see them, “Sure, why not.”

Smiling she motions me to follows are we walk off. 

----------------- 

Set up took about 40 minutes and by the time we were done, it was dark and all of the kids were back at their tents.

“Anna!” I hear Ashton yell as they walk up.

“How long have you been back?” he ask.

“About a half hour.” I say as I finish setting up the snacks for everyone.

“Why so early?” Ask Charlotte, “Weren’t you with Harry?”

I nod, “Yeah but something kid of happened and we came back earlier.”

Charlotte eyes widen as she smiles, “Something happened?”

Shaking my head, “Nothing like that Char, I almost stepped in a coyote trap so we came back, because I’m a klutz.”

“You, you almost stepped in a trap?” ask Ashton, “The girl who practically lived in the woods growing up.”

“I wasn’t paying attention.” I say.

“And why were you paying attention?” ask Charlotte as she raises an eyebrow.

Handing her and Ashton a stick with a hot dog attached I say, “Go roast your wiener before the fire pit is crowded.”

Taking their sticks Charlotte says, “Were going to talk about this later.”

I nod, “Yeah, no we aren’t.”

“You coming?” ask Ashton.

Shaking my head I say, “I’m going to change into some sweats.”

“We’ll save you a seat.” Says Ashton.

“Thanks,” I say smiling as they turned around an walked off. As they walked I noticed a hazy soft blue surrounding Ashton, and a faint sight of lavender around Charlotte. Blinking a few times the colors again fades as I turn and head to my tent.

--------- 

Changing into my sweats, what Miss Jackson said kept running through my mind over and over. Was I really seeing auras? What something mentally wrong with me? Sliding back on my boots warmth covered me as I went to unzip the tent when I climbed out.

“Hey.”

Jumping I covered my mouth to muffle my scream as I see Harry leaning against a tree near my tent.

“Jesus Christ Harry!” I said as I grabbed my chest, “What are you trying to do? Give me a heart attack?”

Smirking he says, “My fault.”

Taking a slow breath I say, “Is something wrong?”

He shakes his head.

“Then what’s up?” turning I headed back to the fire pit.

“I wanted to say sorry, you know for leaving not even an hour in to our hike.”

“It’s whatever, I’m starting to notice that you turn and run at the most random times, so I’m surprisingly starting to get used to it.”

“I’m not like that I swear its just,” he stops as he walks to the side of me, “Its something different about you and it’s setting me off.”

“Setting you off? So what I’m like a nuke or something?”

He shakes his head, “I don’t know, I just know when you’re around things get hazy and I can’t think.”

I could feel my cheek warming up as I say, “And that’s a bad thing?

“No, just, it’s just confusing for me right now.”

I nod, “Oh.”

Silence passes through us I say, “Why do I feel like you’ve been distant and weirder than usual since the whole art gallery incident?”

He shrugs, “I don’t know, why do you? As far as I know, I haven’t been close to begin with.”

I felt embarrassed, because that was true.

Walking to the table he picks up a stick and hands me a marshmallow.

“How was your walk after you left?” I ask as I shake my head declining the marshmallow.

He nods he holds onto his stick and picks up a mini bag with a few more marshmallows, “It was cool, caught up with Liam and Niall before we made it back here.”

I nod.

“And you?”

“I helped set up with things around here.”

Looking around at the food and snacks he says, “Have fun?”

I nod, “Tons.”

He stares at me as I laugh and says, “You want to go roast these things?”

I nod, “Yeah.”

Walking towards the campfire Harry says, “So earlier,”

I turn to him.

“Earlier,” Harry starts, “You said that you ‘had to move’ Why?”

“It’s a long story.” I say.

“We have time,” looking down at me he says, “All night to be exact.”

Smiling I continued to walk as I walked over to where Ashton and Charlotte sat.

“Hey Anna-banana.” Says Ashton as he looks up at me. Glancing over my shoulder he says, “Sup Harry.”

“Sup.” Says Harry.

Sitting down on the bench next to them Harry sat next to me, brushing his leg against mine sending a wave of warmth and shock throw me. Closing my eyes for a split second I took it in as I opened my eyes to see him looking at me.

“What?” I ask.

“You felt that too, didn’t you?” he ask in a whisper, a whisper so soft that sounded as if it traveled with the wind.

“Felt what?” I ask trying to see if he would respond.

Shaking his head he looks at his marshmallow and nods towards the fire, “So how long are we supposed to keep these bad boys in the flames?”

“Just until they get a little color, you don’t want to burn them or they’ll be like burnt flame balls.” Taking his I say, “Here I’ll show you.”

Handing me his stick he watches me as I lean forward and put the stick into the fire.

“I usually just count to like 5, you know like 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi.” Holding there for a count of 5 I pull it out as it flames, “Then you blow out the flame,” motioning around the marshmallow I say, “And you see the brown and slight burns from the flames? It adds to the flavor.” Holding it between us I pinch off a piece as it pulls all melted, kind of reminding me of cheese as I eat a piece off my finger and says, “And that’s how you roast a marshmallow.”

Nodding he says, “Nice technique.” Leaning towards he blows on the marshmallow as he looks up at me and takes a bite.

Biting the inside of my cheek I blushed as he pulls back and says, “Not to bad.”

I nod, “Right?”

Staring at me I couldn’t help but get lost into his eyes as he turns and l looks to his right, “Don’t look now, but you’re being watched.”

Raising an eyebrow I turned to see a few random eyes staring at us, “Do I have something on my face?”

He shakes his head, “You’re perfect. I just think there surprised to see you with the ‘delinquent.’”

I shake my head, “You’re not a delinquent.”

“They don’t know that.”

i nod as I smile, “But I do.”

Smiling as he stares at me, I could have sworn I seen the color in them shift as he blinks and looks away, “Let’s roast another, because I think I’m addicted now.”

I laugh, “Marshmallow’s tend to do that.”

Sitting there we roasted marshmallows and talked with Charlotte, and Ashton, and was later joined by Liam and Niall. We all sat there for about another hour or two when we all started to turn in for the night to get some sleep.

“Are you sure that nothing is going on with you or Harry?” ask Charlotte, “Because tonight it looked like there was something going on.”

“Honestly?” I say, “I wouldn’t even be able to tell you an accurate answer right now, and I’m going to leave it at that, so goodnight Char, goodnight Ash.” I smiled as I shove my foot into his leg.

“Night Anna-banana, night Char.”

“Night you too.” Says Charlotte as we all close our eyes and go to sleep.

------------------- 

“Anna.” I hear someone say.

Rolling in my sleeping bag I groan as I ignore it.

“Anna.” I hear someone say again.

Raising up I rubbed my eyes I looked around to see Ashton and Charlotte still asleep.

“Anna.” I hear again as I the wind picked up outside. Grabbing my hoodie and slipping on my boots I slowly move to the door of the tent, unzipping it as I creep out.

“Anna. Come find me.”

Looking around I couldn’t see anyone, but I could tell which direction the voice was coming from. Grabbing my flashlight I headed out to where the voice was coming from. Over and over I could hear someone whispering my voice, but as I walked I couldn’t see anyone. A cold wind blew, making me shiver as scent of something burning filled the air. My feet continued to move, like I had no control over them. If felt like I was in a dream even though a part of me knew it wasn’t.

“Anna.” I hear again as I turned.

A pair of eyes started at me from in the shadow of the trees.

“Hello?” I call out. “Is someone there?”

There was no response, only moments. I stood there in a trance for a second as I stared at the yellowish eyes.

“Pebbles?” I hear off to my side.

Turning around I look to see Harry walking up wearing an oversized sweater.

“Harry?” I ask as I blinked wildly trying to focus my vision on him.

“Pebbles, it’s the middle of the night what are you doing out here?”

Shaking my head I say, “Someone called me.”

“Pebbles, nobody is out here.” he says.

I nod, “Yes there is.” Turning to the trees I pointed at the trees, “See.”

Following to where I point Harry says, “Pebbles don’t move.”

“Why? What’s- what’s wrong?”

Harry took tentative steps towards me as he says, “Just don’t move.”

Not moving I stared at him as he locks eyes with whatever was in the bush. A grow submerged as I Harry got closer and closer and just as he gets 10 feet from me he yells, “Watch out!”

Turning toward the trees the thing with the yellow eyes jumped at me, as Harry tackles me sideway to the ground. Keeping me under his he raises up and looks around to see nothing there.

“What was that?” I ask.

He shakes his head as he helps me up, “I- I don’t know.” Looking at me he says, “What were you thinking? Why are you out here by yourself?”

I shook my head, “It was calling me.” I say softly as I looked the direction the thing disappeared in, “It wanted me to find it.”

Wrapping his arm around my shoulder he pulls me too him as he says, “Come on let’s get back before the teachers do a sweep check and we’re not there.” 

I nod allowing him to direct me away but I couldn’t help, but wonder who was calling me.

Who has a tumblr?? You should totes follow me and you know like fill up my ask box thing. :D Yeah? No? If you want to it's thatstotallytorrie.tumblr, twitter is TorrieSays, and IG is the same as the twituh. Please and thanks :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 38.4K 60
***completed*** NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON Harry Styles. The strange one. The freak. The one who was too kind for his own good, trapped in a world where...
5.9M 262K 52
"What the hell?" I took a step closer to the mirror, staring at my reflection in disbelief. The person looking back was still me, but at the same ti...
3.8M 119K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
20.7K 575 16
[a harry styles fanfiction] - werewolf!harry ▪︎ ▪︎ The man put every other man she'd ever known to shame. None of them even came close to comparing...