Bait // Thiam

By thiamsbeta

"What's the worst thing you've ever done?" I asked him. "I fell in love with you!" And with those couple of... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
**Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Epilogue
Thank you
New book!

Chapter 4

13.7K 441 629
By thiamsbeta

Last bell went and everyone ran out of class, relieved and excited that it was finally the weekend. Me on the other hand, I was just excited that I was going to spend time with Hayden. All during class I was telling Mason everything that happened with Hayden and how I feel like I completely misjudged Theo, but Mason actually seemed really happy about Hayden and me.

I'm not sure if it's because I yelled at him and now he feels bad, or if he genuinely means it, but even if he's faking it, that's all I ask from him. That he supports me or at least tells me I'm making a mistake. And I know he's already told me that Hayden and I wouldn't match and we shouldn't date, but that's only because she's played with my feelings, and hurt me so many times. Before any of that happened, Mason supported me and was happy for me, but then that started going down hill.

"I'll probably see you Saturday, if you come to Corey's party." Mason said, as I walked him to the bus. I'm normally on the bus with Mason, but every Friday I stay back and work on my lacrosse techniques, except this time I'm staying back to study with Hayden.

I told her that I was going to text her after school, so she could tell me where to meet her. I didn't know when to text her, if I was meant to do it straight away? Ten minutes after? Thirty minutes after the bell went? So, I decided to let her text me. I kept my phone in my hand at all times, checking it every two seconds. I was getting nervous, thinking maybe she stood me up or forgot that we were studying. I was tempted to text her, but then realised that bell only went ten minutes ago. I looked at Mason and saw he was staring at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Right, sorry, totally forgot. Yea, if my Mom and Dad let me, then I'll be there." I answered Mason's question, thinking about what I was doing this weekend. From memory, it was like most other weekends, I had nothing planned, so if I'm allowed I should be there.

"I just need to find a ride there." I smiled, thinking of all the people I could ask.

"Well I'm staying over at Corey's tonight, so I won't drive pass your house, but I can still pick you up if you need me to." He offered, making me smile.

"I have other people I can ask. I think." I told him, trying to think of other people I could ask. I thought about Scott, but I think he's doing something with Kira, Malia and Stiles this weekend. And I already know Lydia's busy, shopping this weekend with Allison, because she was talking about it most of last night.

"And who are those people?" Mason laughed, looking at me, as if he was saying; I'm your only friend and we all know that. "It's fine, Liam. I can come pick you up and drop you off if you need me to."

"I'll invite someone then, who has a car." I told Mason, kind of angry he thinks he's my only friend. "I know a couple of people with cars and know how to drive them. I'll ask one of them and if all of them reject me, but I mean who would, that's when I'll ask you." I told him, sounding kind of pissed off, and making sure I didn't hide it.

"Dude, I wasn't anything bad. I was just letting you know I'm fine with picking you up. No need to get pissed off." He rolled his eyes, making sure I was watching as he did it. "My bus is here. Text me if you need to be picked up. If not, I'll see you tomorrow." He waved, walking over to the bus and getting on.

Apart of me wanted to run over to him and apologise, but then another part of me wanted to wait for him to apologise. I waved goodbye as he sat on a seat in the bus and looked at me. He smiled and looked down at his phone, smiling even harder at something.

"Hey, Liam?" I heard a familiar voice, but couldn't put a face to it. I turned around, seeing Theo walking towards me, his facial expression looked worried. "Can I talk about to you? It's important, but it'll only take a minute or two." He asked me, rushing his sentence as he looked down at his phone.

"Yea, sure. Here or somewhere private?" I asked him, worried about what he wanted to talk about.

"Somewhere private. I don't care where, but I just need to talk to you." He rushed his hands through his hair, looking around like he was looking for someone.

I wanted to ask him what was wrong, but I don't think he wanted to talk about it here. He was anxious, because I could smell it on him. It was strong, but it wasn't strong enough to hide the sense I know a little to well, anger. And from someone who has experienced both at the same time, knows it's not a good combination.

"Come over here." I told him, walking over behind a school building and waited for Theo to catch up. I didn't realise, but I sped walked over here and left Theo behind. Once he was next to me, I waited for him to start speaking, but he didn't.

"What's wrong? Something happen?" I made the first move.

"Sort of." He finally spoke, his voice shaky. "I need you to promise not to tell anyone what happened today. Like any of it." He told me, looking into my eyes. "I know you probably won't, but o can't let people know I'm like that. That I get upset over that sort of stuff, because it's ruined my life before."

I looked into his eyes, almost getting lost in them. There was something about them that was so mesmerising, but if I looked for any longer and not say anything, I would just look like a complete freak. So, I finally looked away, not wanting to. Having to.

"Don't worry, it's just between us. I promise." I told him, making sure he knew I wouldn't tell anyone else. I listened as he took a deep breath out, his freshly, minty breath hitting my face and slightly stinging my eyes.

"Thank you, so much." He pulled me into a hug, like we were best friends or something. It was awkward at first, but then I hugged him back. "You don't know how much stress you've just taken off my shoulders."

I wanted to ask him, how it ruined his life before, but that was to personal. We haven't even known each other for a full day yet, so if we continue to casually talk, maybe one day he'll tell me or I'll ask him. But that's only if we still talk, we might not ever talk again, just say the occasional hell and have a quick chat.

"If there's anything I can do for you, just let me know." He smiled, turning around and starting to walk off. He looked both ways before crossing the road, making sure no cars or buses were coming.

"Wait, Theo!" I yelled, running after him, not bothering to check for cars. Luckily, none were coming either way. "Do you have a car?" I asked him, slightly out of breath.

"Yea, right over there." He pointed to a blue truck, making me smile. "Do you want to borrow it or something, because I need it at night. You can have it during the day though." He offered me his car, smiling.

"Thank you, but not exactly what I was asking. If you're not busy this weekend, my friends', boyfriend is having a party and I don't have a ride there. I was wondering if maybe you could be my ride and if you want, you can come to the party with me. I can introduce you to my friends, but I'm sure because you were with, Hayden today, you've probably met most of them." I asked him, offering him to come to the party.

He looked at the ground for a couple of seconds, playing with his fingers as he thought about his answer. He looked at me, as if he was going to say no, but then started to smile and nodded. I smiled as well, relived I found a ride and now I could rub it in, Mason's face.

"Sweet, pick me up at 8. Thank you so much, dude!" I yelled, running off and then looking back and running back to, Theo. "Right, you don't know where I live and you also don't have my number." I laughed, pulling out my phone and handing it to him.

He put his contact in and the we said our goodbyes. He walked over to his car and drove off, leaving me alone at school. I looked down at my phone and saw the emojis he chose got his name. It was the heart eye emoji, with the shit emoji right next to it. I laughed and shook my head, pressing the edit button. I was about to change his name, when I got a text from, Hayden.

From: Future wife 💖💍
Meet at Starbucks, around the corner from the school. And make sure you have all your books :)

I smiled and started making my way to Starbucks. On the way there, I edited Theo's name. Changing it to; 'Theo 😍' because I loved his eyes and they weren't shit, just like he wasn't. At first I thought he was shit and I hated him, but now I feel like I've known him my whole life.

To: Theo 😍
Hey, just letting you know, it's Liam. So, you can add my number into your contacts or not 😂 It's up to you.

And then I turned off my phone, waking into Starbucks and seeing him again. Theo was there, in one corner alone, and Hayden was at other corner. I wanted to go and sit with Theo, but Hayden has everything set up and Theo looked busy, talking on the phone to someone. So, I walked over to Hayden and sat opposite from him. She didn't look at me at the beginning, but then she lifted her head and shot me a smile.

"Let's get started then." She smiled, opening up her maths book and showing me all the equations I was having trouble with, showing me how to do them, and what not to do. "So now, you give it ago and we'll see if you understand. If not, we'll do it step by step together."

I smiled, looking at the equation, not having a clue what to do. Whilst Hayden was explaining what to do, I was paying attention to something else. To someone else. Theo, was all I could think about, at the moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

766K 11.8K 94
i wrote this back in 2017. pls ignore any mistakes i was young.
22.1K 325 60
They both liked each other. When a dare takes a turn, would it be for the best or for the worst? - - - - STARTED: NOVEMBER 19TH, 2018 FINISHED: NOVEM...
14.9K 600 9
Sequel to The Connection. Description in the first chapter. [ I DON'T OWN TEEN WOLF ] !WARNINGS! violence and mature language
16.9K 305 13
𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐞𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚. [𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧...