Shimmer |βœ“|

By letmelivetonight

Dracula knelt before me, spectacular in all his bloody devotion. ❝Everything I am is yours.❞ I pushed the swo... More

Shimmer
//Alpha// Part 1
//Alpha// Part 2
//Alpha// Part 3
//Rabid// Part 1
//Rabid// Part 2
//Rabid// Part 3
//R U S S I A N R O U L E T T E //
//Outsiders// Part 1
//Outsiders// Part 2
//Outsiders// Part 3
//Always// Part 1
//Always// Part 2
//Always// Part 3
//Always// Part 4
//Glamour// Part 1
//Glamour// Part 2
//Glamour// Part 3
//Glamour// Part 4
//Sacrifice// Part 1
//Sacrifice// Part 2
//Sacrifice// Part 3
//Sacrifice// Part 4
//Sacrifice// Part 5
//Poison// Part 1
//H I G H - S P E E D//
//Poison// Part 2
//Poison// Part 3
//Poison// Part 4
//Intervention// Part 1
//Intervention// Part 2
//Intervention// Part 3
//I N T E R L U D E//
//Goddess// Part 1
//Goddess// Part 2
//Goddess// Part 3
//Burn// Part 1
//Burn// Part 2
//S A Y Y E S//
//Burn// Part 3
//Burn// Part 4
//Alliance// Part 1
//Alliance// Part 2
//Alliance// Part 3
//Haunted// Part 2
//Haunted// Part 3
//Finale// Part 1
//Finale// Part 2
//Finale// Part 3
//Finale// Part 4

//Haunted// Part 1

1K 100 14
By letmelivetonight

"This is ridiculous. Honestly!" I paced up and down Tidus' bedchambers, pausing long enough to throw my hands in the air. Olyvia shifted from her position in the corner, strolling closer to her brother's bedside, arms crossed, stately as a queen. Tidus turned his face aside, glowering at the wall like a moody teenager. I gave up the strong-arming and tried cajoling instead, approaching the foot of his bed, imploring him to look at me." Ti, you have to feed, okay? If you had fed before this, you would have kicked that Plasmalik's ass. Instead, we're keeping you alive on tubes and beepy-things like Humans when you could feed and just be healed! An animal-blood diet? It will take weeks for you to recover--weeks we don't have! Why are you being like this?"

"Naomi. May I... show you something?" Olyvia zipped across the room, and like a ticket-master who doesn't wait for the ticket, she seized me by the arm, taking me on a whirlwind ride that ended outside a dungeon I had never seen.

"Whoa." I blinked back the floaters, hands rising to find my balance. "Okay, haven't done that in a while. We didn't take the lift. How the hell did we get here so fast?"

"Secret tunnels. You didn't really think you knew everything about the castle, did you?" The only thing I knew was that we were on the completely opposite side of the dungeons, far from the hearing distance of our prisoner.

"What's with the door?" But judging by the eye-burning, stomach-turning scent seeping from underneath, I already had my answer.

"Consider it your 'I told you so'."

It swung open of its own accord, iron hinges creaking. At least a dozen bodies were piled on the floor, bloody limbs tangled in an orgy of the dead.

"If you hadn't killed that Plasmalik, he could've feasted for days." Olyvia inspected her 90's-white nails with a grin.

I groaned. "Olyvia, what has he done?"

"What everyone does when they get the blues--he overate." Olyvia exhaled. "College kids from out-of-town. They were doing a research paper on the paranormal history of Harbor Village. To die for their major--how noble. Reminds me of Socrates--loved the sound of his own voice, but he had good veins and a very big--"

"This isn't funny, Olivia. Tidus clearly has a problem."

"Which is why I did what you asked. I cut him off a few days ago, when I caught him binging on a dozen virgins. I had hoped he was getting back to his old self, but in truth he was spiraling. I was wrong--but you were right. You should talk to him. You're not the reason he's depressed, but he is depressed for the reasons you left him. The past is catching up to our dear Ti and every day you're a reminder. I warned him not to get attached..."

"But?"

"Well, he didn't listen--obviously. And now he's now suffering because he's built this new  world with you, and he's not being honest about it. I recognize the signs because its exactly what happened to my mother and father."

"Hard to picture Dracula a family man."

"Not for me." She cut me off before I could apologize. "Don't waste time feeling sad. Just give me a chance to convince him to be honest with you. It's time. So he doesn't make another... mess, like this one."

"What will you do with the bodies?"

"Oh, I'm sure I'll figure something out." The twinkle in her eyes undeniable confirmation of Olyvia's creativity.

I thought about what she said all the way from the dungeons. Olyvia took the shortcut back to her brother, but this time I rode the lift, running into the butler on my way down the foyer stairs.

"Jeeves!" I thumped his shoulder, encouraged by the sight of him on his feet, back to his glum, apathetic self, so well-known for his ability to say I hate you with a single passing glance. "Nice to see you back on your feet. You're looking... blunt."

"Miss Noble. You've a visitor in the drawing room."

"Well, you and the sires are still undead and kicking, so obviously they're not a flying Plasmalik--amiright?"

Jeeves' expression soured and he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Hands on my hips, I glanced about... "Oh, I get it. Too soon."

*           *          *

I rounded the corner, into the drawing room, where a certain someone lounged by the fire. Her slim legs were crossed in the high-backed wingchair, strappy stilettos dangling, a red rose blooming along the back of her D&B's, the dark green stem twisted down the heel.

"Trick-or-treat, smell my feet, give me something good to... eat." Those long legs shifted, and up rose a voluptuous brunette, hair parted to the side, stick-straight down her shoulders.

"Claudia?" She huffed in amusement, fingering her pearl strand necklace, overly-pale skin striking against the silken fabric of her little black dress. "You're--"

"Alive?" Her incisors extended with an ugly click. "Not exactly."

"So I see. And how is the night life?"

Her fangs retracted to her one-armed hunched. "Oh, y'know--if I'm not bloody I'm not busy. I'm serving out my hundred years to the Revenant--for my part in creating the Rabid. The interesting thing about being a Vampire--it can numb you if you want, but it doesn't take your feelings, it... magnifies them. I feel everything, all the time--now I'm..." Claudia shrugged, shoulders expanding with breathe she didn't need. "Relieved. I did something bad. I thought running would help, but Hadrian caught up to me. Still, it's not so terrible; now I can finally pay for the things I've done. Sure, I lost my magic, but the Tepeds treats me well enough, and at least I have it better than Ferran."

"Ferran?"

"My former sister of the Red Hand--the one caught trying to re-start the fire. She got a hundred years for every life the Supernaturals lost. And when that's done she'll be burned at sunrise."

"Wow. That's some deathrow."

"Indubitably." Claudia used her super-speed to close the distance, hand extended. "Here."

I took what she offered, intrigued by the two tiny vials in my palm, cork toppers preventing a shining blue liquid from escape. "What's this?"

"A cure for the rabid, or any magical ailment really. There's an extra one, just in case."

"Are you serious?" The curving of her neck said take it or leave it, sweatheart. "But... how--why--"

"I wouldn't get too sentimental if I were you. Hadrian glamoured me into helping; he wanted to thank you. He mentioned what you did for the Supernaturals, how you formed a new alliance, extended the truce to any Witch who leaves the Red Hand. Then you went and saved his brother from an evil Fae-monster. He also told me about the rabid, and your grandmother, how she's the only survivor."

"More like comatose." I folded my arms over my chest, old hate sparking in my chest. "She's a vegetable. That's the only way to keep her alive and everyone else safe."

"Well, he wanted to help.  And that will help too. Oh--and I hear you're looking for Catherine, not that I approve. The only thing I can tell you is our circles were... exclusive. Same location, different entrance every time--your average portals to the Otherworld--step through a tree, dive in a lake, I once saw someone draw a door on a wall with blood. The instructions were different every time. Just be ready when you find her--she's never alone, trust me."

"Maybe just this once." Smirk to the side, my fingers folded over the vial. "Thank you. Really." Claudia strolled past me but I stopped her before she could reach the exit. "Do you miss it? The magic?"

Claudia turned at the door, one cream-colored hand on the frame. "It was beautiful; I loved it, even more than I loved Ethan. But when I think about it... all those things ever did was get me killed."

*             *             *

My grandmother was being held in a restrictive wing at St. Cyprian, under the careful watch of a wise young physician. Nyala Descamps, with South African and French roots, who spoke in the most soothing French tones I ever heard, was not Garou, but she knew how to treat our ill and how to keep our secrets. My grandmother wasn't allowed visitors, due to the circumstances, but Dr. Descamps showed me live feed from her tablet. I cried at the sight of my grandmother, resting safe and comfortably. The good doctor put Diane on a slow drip, dispersing the antidote slow enough for close monitoring. She promised to keep me posted.

I left the hospital, returning to my suite at the Maison to crash until the following night, when Olyvia summoned me back to the castle.

"He's ready. And if what he tells you doesn't scare you off for good, like I'm hoping, try to convince him to feed on something living, why don't you? I'd go for the subtle approach. You know--poke the monster with the stick."

"I'll do my best." I entered Ti's chambers, closing the door behind me, feeling like the universe had dropped on my shoulders. The chandeliers were dim, candles flickering on the dressing tables. Tidus was out of bed, resting on a cane as he observed the fire. "Hey, you. Good news..." I leaned on the door, arms folded behind me. "I know you don't trust Hadrian, but, he convinced Claudia to make me a cure for my grandmother. She could be healed any day now."

"That is good news, but I'm afraid I have none to give."

"Or you're just afraid, period." I stepped forward, arms around each other. "You're punishing yourself. You can't feed because you feel like you don't deserve to get better--but you do, you have. Whatever happened in the past, it doesn't matter anymore--"

"It does, and it always will." He hobbled forward, wan, exhausted; I crossed the distance left over, taking his arm in concern. "But yesterday, Olyvia convinced me you were right--I have to be honest. You risked your life for me, you deserve the truth." I said nothing, the spotlight was his. "If you want the answer to your question, if you want to know who I am..." Tidus squared his shoulders. "Just look at me, Naomi."

"Ti-i-i, I am looking at you." I chuckled, hands on his chest, playing with the strings of his Nike hoodie.

"No. You aren't." He covered my hands with his, dark, unwavering eyes imploring me to be still, try harder.

"I don't-I don't understand--"

"You're stronger now, and Chandler has taught you incredible things. If anyone can see what others can't, it's you, Naomi. You just have to try." He kissed my forehead, lips lingering, hobbled back three steps... and waited.

I sighed. "Well, at least tell me what I'm looking for?"

"I'm a Vampire--I don't have a soul, but I am an essence. Try to see it."

"Okay. Is that any different from seeing Chi?"

"Chandler sees what I'm made of--not who I am. Now quit stalling."

"Stall this? No way." I filled the gap between us, drawing my arms around his neck. "Ti, no matter who you are, there's only one way I could ever see you." Our eyes closed to the white light flaring all around; we were absorbed by the magic, the sweetest of explosions, powered by his nova lips.

We didn't stop until his arms fell away. Even then my lips lingered–I couldn't stand letting go after so long without him. I returned to the world with a start, surprised by our new surroundings.

"The chapel? But how did we..." I gasped, hands flying to my lips as I gazed on the stranger before me. I was in the castle, but I was not with Tidus.

He had Tidus' hoodie, Tidus' sweatpants, yet those familiar blue eyes and the knowing curve of his lips belonged to someone else entirely. Someone a good twenty years older, and just as handsome, chestnut waves falling to his chin. I extended my hand, fingers trembling until they smoothed across his dark ageless brow. Eyes bright as ultramarine, unmistakable, he turned his cheek in my hand's embrace. His lips kissed my palm, lips delayed in the most wonderful déjà vu. Our hands lowered, fingers interlaced, so I used the other to reach out and tuck his hair behind his ear for a better view...

Masterpiece.

"Hey, handsome." I twined my finger around his hoodie string. "All those signs... I've been looking for you, and you were right here all along." Tall like his son, with the same fearsome stature, and a solemness within those strong, indelicate features that I recognized from the divine moments of Tidus in all his bright fury. The Plasmalik was right–Tidus was a prince, but he was a king. 

I ran my finger along his full lower lip, smiling as I bit my own in sweet apprehension. "Now I'm confused. I don't know what to call you."

"Anything but Dracula."

But that was the only word inside my head as the sweet light of his kiss brought us home.

*         *        *

#plottwist #neversawitcoming #ordidyou

I REALLY hope you enjoyed this chapter! If so, won't you pretty please click that little star up above and VOTE for Naomi and her man, Dracula <3 <3 <3 And don't forget to add SF to your reading list so you don't miss out on any updates!

PS - If you have any questions about this scene, or if you're just super-confused in general, it's likely you'll get an answer in the next update. Otherwise, drop a comment below and I'll try to explain without killing the plot : D Thanks, guys! <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

587K 26.6K 96
*2014 WATTY AWARD WINNER* In order to solve the mystery surrounding her father's death, eighteen-year-old Naomi Noble is forced to move back to her h...
3.6K 63 13
πƒπˆπ’π‚π‹π€πˆπŒπ„π‘: This book is ππŽπ“ related to any of my books in the Shatter Me series. Please do ππŽπ“ expect to see any of the same charact...
774K 50.4K 41
WATTPAD FEATURED - 30/11/2017 WATTYS 2018 LONGLIST - 31/08/2018 WATTPAD WEREWOLF FEATURED - 05/09/2020 WATTPAD EXPLORER WEREWOLF WEEK - 26/10/2020 [W...
1.1K 279 60
Katherine, is just an ordinary woman. She always had this feeling, some kind of power dwelling inside her. She never believed in the Supernatural. It...