Serendipity

Por newbiegac2015

Serendipity - Finding something good, without looking for it. After waking up from an accident, Katy finds he... Más

Houston, We Have A Problem.
Lacuna
Dalliance
Eccedentesiast
Indagate
Alethiology
Aesthete
Querencia
Selcouth
Drapetomania
Dalliance II
Epoch
Atychiphobia
Lacerate
Relapse.
Ustulation
Morosis
Enervate
Longing
Ebullient
Discombobulated
Illecebrous
Esperance
Adore
Adulation *m*
Pandemonium
Confusion
Little bird
Pragma
Despondency
Unease..
Domesticated
Devastation
Enlightenment
Decipher
Admiration
Incalculable
Anticipation
Consternation
Revelation
Avoidance
Dependency.
Soothing
Frustrations
Somnambulism
Turmoil
Guilt
Adrift
Messages
Disappointment
Upset
Rage.
Solidarity
Petulancy
Progression
Self-destruct
Surprise
Credentials

Photophile

1.1K 48 4
Por newbiegac2015

Months earlier..

I bit my lip with excitement as I laid in bed beside Zak. His crumpled expression from being woken up by the bin collection was always something I found amusing.

"Smile..." I sang lifting my camera up with the viewfinder flipped over to face us.

"Oh no, don't. I look awful." He groaned.

"Lies, come on.." I pushed.

With a roll of his eyes, he nuzzled into my hair and waited.

"Smile grumpy pants." I chided.

"I can't be grumpy pants... I haven't got any pants or underwear on." He replied making me snigger.

"Even better."

That caused him to grin and I took the photo. "There see." I spoke looking at the photo of us "Wasn't so hard."

"What are we talking about now?" He asked making me giggle.

Before I could look at the photo anymore, Zak stole my camera and began taking photos of us but more so with myself in the photo than him.

"I got longer arms. Plus you're gorgeous first thing in the morning." He informed me looking at the photo after.

"With my messy hair, pale skin and morning breath." I replied.

"Well yeah, the breath bit is a killer."
He teased making me swat him. "You don't have morning breath."

"I know, because I clean my teeth before we fall into bed."

"I'm just saying, but the skin and hair? Yeah that's true." He laughed.

"You're mean."

"Awh, now look at the camera as you sulk!" He encouraged.

I stuck my tongue out instead. We laid in bed for a while taking stupid selfies and having a laugh at who could pull the most unattractive face when Zak's phone went off.

"Oh really." He muttered.

"Duty calls for the Demon hunter/ business owner."

He grunted something in response as he sat up and grabbed his phone.  Whilst he took the call, I took advantage of his position and began snapping the odd photo of his Poveligia tattoo. That and the contours of his back, even the tricep and bicep muscles.

Unaware of what was being exchanged over the phone call, I continued on snapping as he pushed his legs around and sat on the end of the bed. Arranging the sheet to cover his modesty, I continued on my exhibition of his body when he turned around catching me in the act.

"Hi." I whispered.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head before looking at the screen of my camera and seeing the photo of his arm. Like the perfect model, he gave me a bicep curl so that I could take another photo.

Grinning to myself I sat back in the sheets and went through them.

"Katy."

My eyes snapped up to his face to find he had ended the call. "What's up?"

"I got to go, there's a delivery at the museum and they won't accept Cece to sign for it."

"Oh.." I answered feeling the dip in my mood as we did have the day planned, we were going to spend it together so that he got at least one day off.

"I know my kitty Kat, but it's expensive and-"

"Oh no, Zak it's fine. I understand. Really, go but make sure you take a quick shower." I replied forcing a smile.

"You sure you don't mind?" He asked probably feeling my disappointment.

"I'm positive. I can keep myself busy here anyway."

He sighed "Yeah but.."

"But nothing." I interrupted stopping him, "You open soon and I know how important it is. It's cool really."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I answered again.

He sighed before he leant across the bed and gave me a kiss. "This evening then."

"I might be busy.." I whispered looking at his lips. How come he always tastes like mint?

"Then you can cancel them.."

With another kiss he was up and out of bed for that shower.

Realising he needed something to eat, I clambered out of bed and pulled on my robe before heading to the kitchen.

With a rummage around, I realised I didn't have a lot in apart from a vast majority of fruit. Zak has had a good impact on my eating habits..

Pulling out a airtight container, I prepared him a fruit salad and mixed him up a smoothie in my shaker bottle.

Just as I pushed on the lid to the lunchbox, he appeared. Dressed, edible and ready to fuc-

"I'll catch you later yeah?" He asked to make sure.

"Yes. Of course."

He smiled knowingly before pulling me in and pressing a kiss on my head "Sorry again."

"Don't swear it. But here." I pulled away and passed him the lunchbox and shaker.

"What's this?" He queried.

"Breakfast. I know you will forget it otherwise and I would feel a thousand times better if you at least have something in your system after last night."

"Thank you."

My next question of if he had his phone was answered when it pinged in his pocket. Given me a torn expression, it was my turn to smile. "Have a good day and go kick some ass."

"I'll see you later. As soon as I can." He spoke as we walked to the door.

"Okay. But really, I understand so don't feel so bad. I can tidy up here, change the bedding without falling back into them with a bad influence." I joked which caused him to chuckle.

"Fair point."

"Wallet?"

"I got."

"Okay good, go. See you later." I patted his backside and opened the door.

Once Zak had gone, I looked at my apartment and sighed, the quietness always seemed to seep in and creep into my bones. Pushing away the secluded feel, I went back to my room and found my camera. Linking it up to my laptop, I uploaded the photos into a file and began editing them up.

My favourite just so happened to be the one where the sheet had fallen over his stomach as he sat up, causing all his abdomen muscles to contract as his arm supported him up right.

Moody, crumpled, slightly tired and panty dropping attractive. That was my Zak.

+++

I waited..

Of course I did.

In fact I waited the whole entire day and the majority of the evening. Our... relationship was not an ordinary one. It was more of a friends with benefit but also need a little more support kind of arrangement. Zak was normally a man of his word, but a few times he simply forgot or was too busy, and I wasn't going to be one of those women that constantly rang or text him.

I knew he enjoyed the attention, but not all the time. You got to know when he wants his ego petting and when he wants to be dominated. The man has a few little kinks.

With the museum getting closer to its opening, I got that his schedule was manic, that and Ghost Adventures, the man barely had time to sleep let alone take a whole day off!

It was only now, after waiting in, I realised what a desperate little house wife I had turned myself into. Sat waiting for him to come back through the door so I could fuss over him, when in fact we don't have that kind of relationship. We never have.

It was my fault that I didn't go out and do a few things in town. And it wouldn't have been the first time to arrive back home with Zak sprawled on my couch either watching a documentary or asleep. I had given him a key so he didn't have to stand on the doorstep and could come in, make himself at home and relax. With or without Gracie, depending on his mood, the things he brings home and if he had picked her up from his moms.

Resigning to my couch, I flicked on the TV, but my interest for it disappeared when I heard the key in the lock.

Flipping onto my knees, I looked over the back of the couch and waited. Sure enough, as the door opened a white collie came bounding in through the door and leaped onto the couch beside me, licking my face and whining with excitement as I squealed and made a fuss.

Couple seconds later, Zak kicked the door closed. "I got you these and I brought dinner." He grinned passing me a bouquet of white roses.

I gasped "Zak they are beautiful.. Thank you so much."

The smelt wonderful too! Gracie took a sniff and answered by snorting before jumping over onto the love-seat and curling up.

"Guess she isn't a fan." He noted before leaning down and giving me a kiss "Sorry, I got held up. Plus I had to see my mom and pick Gracie up. You don't mind, do you?"

As rotten as it sounded. I lied.

"No, not at all."

Like I hadn't just been moaning and sulking at his lack of appearance.. My change of feelings was tipping the scales, we were becoming uneven.

His need wasn't as big as my need anymore, I almost felt dependent on him in my falling notion but it wasn't his fault. No, this was all on me.

I looked at his perfect features that was framed by his strong jaw and pearly white teeth. "Fancy Chinese?" He asked holding up the white plastic back full of food.

"I would love Chinese." I grinned clambering off the back of the chair to get to him and the food.

All whilst the perfect storm of emotions were brewing within my skull threatening my relationship with Zak. Because one thing we both agreed on when we started this up? Was not to let us get too serious, because Zak wasn't looking for commitment. Even if he gave that impression..

Photophile - a person who loves photography and light

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

219K 6.6K 85
"What exactly is your problem?!" I snapped throwing the file down on the hood of the car. My patiences with him were gone. I was mad, in fact I was...
67.5K 2.4K 49
"-No offence. But I thought with a last name of Goodwin? You'd have nothing but good luck." He scoffed and looked down at his phone. "You have no id...
131K 4.7K 91
*Sequel to Splintered Hearts* ********** "Bro where you going now?" Aaron asked standing up as well. "Home." "To- to do what Zak? We need to find he...
28K 1K 73
Corrine is a "friend of a friend" working her way up from a DJ to a music talent scout in LA..she's a hot, business savvy hard ass, who's also a play...