I Found Your Group (Carl Grim...

By tayz1332

A 14 year old girl named Bethany wakes up to find herself in the zombie apocalypse. She comes across many str... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (part 1)
Chapter 3 (part 2)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Quick Note
Chapter 11

Chapter 4

37 1 0
By tayz1332

Dad: "Beth wake up, wake up." he said softly.

I opened my eyes and saw my dad.

Dad: "Good morning sunshine!" The car was stopped. "Do u want your turn now?"

Bethany: "Might as well." I climbed into the driver's seat and my dad got into the passanger seat. I put my foot on the gas pedal and we were off. I saw in my mirror that Jack and Maddie had woken up. "If you guys are hungry there are some energy bars in the plasic bags or you can get one of the boxes of cereal out of my duffel bag."

Jack: "Lets save the cereal we can have the energy bars. We are going to need the energy anyways."

Bethany: "True that! Can somebody pass me one?"

Jack: "Sure" He passed one to me.

Bethany: "Thanks. Dad can u open this for me?"

Dad: "Sure honey."

Dad opened it for me and handed the bar to me. I took a big bite still having one hand on the wheel.

Bethany: "Guys we are almost over the boarder! Georgia here we come!"

Maddie: "Where are we going in Georgia exactly?"

Bethany: "We can stay in Atlanta I imagine. We should find a group of good people with supplies and shelter that is our main goal." I said focased, taking another bite of my energy bar.

Dad: "That sounds like a good plan. You are so smart Beth."

Bethany: "Thanks I try! I looked up all of this stuff before hand and I'm glad I did. I know how to keep us alive and I'm glad to have you guys."

We crossed the border to Georgia. "Now I need to find where I can get off at Atlanta."

Jack: "I think the next exit is Atlanta because I just saw a sign for it."

Bethany: "Okay." I got into the right lane and saw the sign for Atlanta exit 64 (I just made that up). I got off at the exit and once again the city looked pretty empty. We seemed to be driving in Atlanta for over two hours until we got on a dirt road. We just followed it until we reached the end of it and at the end of it there was a prison.

Bethany: "It looks like there are people here guys! This could be our new shelter! It doesn't look like the walkers are even like remotely bad here!"

Maddie: "Wooo new home!"

I drove until I reached the front gate of the prison. Somebody let our car come through so I drove slowly and carefully. I saw some people coming out to greet us maybe? Who knows there are people here and that is good enough for us.

Bethany: "You guys wait in the car I'll be right back. I am just going to speak with them to see maybe if we could live here."

I got out of the car and walked towards a man with dark brown curly hair who seemed to look like their leader. As I was approaching him there were two walkers roaming towards me. He was going to shoot them but I said "Hold on I've got this." I got out my bat and whipped them both in one swipe. I got pretty sweaty after that but I walked over to this man who looked about dad's age like his late 30's. I approached him and put my bat in my belt loop. I held my hand out to shake his hand "Hi I'm Bethany Watson I am from Massachusetts and I have my dad and my two siblings here with me and we need some shelter. We have more than enough supplies that we would be happy to share with you." I gave him a smile and he took my hand and shook it.

Rick: "Well hello Bethany. My name is Rick. Just to be safe do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions?"

Bethany: "Go right ahead."

Rick: "There are just three questions I need to ask you. The first one is how many walkers have you killed?"

Bethany: "I have killed 14 walkers in total. But my siblings helped me as well."

Rick: "How much supplies to do you have?"

Bethany: "We have a ton of food and water bottles. Each of us have weapons and ammo. I have some swiss-army knives and some rope. I have some soap and shampoo & Conditioner."

Rick: "Finally, how many people are in your group."

Bethany: "Just four of us. I'm 14. I have a brother that is 12, a sister that is 11, and my dad who is I believe 38. There would be five of us but I had to stab my mom..." I felt the tears in my eyes and tried to fight them off. "There was a walker in her bedroom and had eaten most of her middle area there was no way for me to save her and she told me to do it..."

When I was in the middle of saying that I saw a boy who was standing in a line behind Rick go pale.

Rick: "I'm, I'm sorry you had to do that... Do you mind if I meet your siblings and your dad?"

Bethany: "I will go get them." I ran down back to the car. "I think we have a real shot of getting in here but the leader wants to meet you guys lets go." We all climb out of the car and more than a few walkers surrounded the car. I took a few of them out and Maddie shot a few of them directly in the eye or forehead. She never misses her shot. I saw Jack throw his knife at one and it landed right in the head. Jack went and pulled it out and continued. I heard a couple gun shots from Dad's riffle. We killed them all and jogged up the hill to meet Rick and the others. I stood in the middle and we all smiled panting and sweating. Rick suddenly got a worried look on his face. I took my bat and swung it backwards behind my head. I heard the walker fall to the ground.

Rick: "You guys seem like a nice group and are pretty impressive especially you Bethany."

Bethany: "It is all of the anger and sadness from my life and put into this to make myself stronger."

Rick: "Well then lets get your stuff and show you to your cells."

Bethany: "Oh thank you Rick so very much. I'm so glad I don't have to drive for another minute."

Rick: "Wait. You drove here all the way here from Massachusetts?"

Bethany: "Well I only drove when the sun was up my dad took the night shift. I had to drive myself to rescue my dad from his factory where he worked."

Rick: "Wow I have never seen a 14 year old who can drive as well as you!"

Bethany: "Wow thanks!" We made it to the car and I grab my duffel bag and a couple of the plasic bags. Dad grabs his bag, Jack grabbed his and the rest of the plasic bags, and Maddie grabbed her duffel bag and followed us in.

Rick: "Here, you will be staying in C-Block with our group. Beth and your sister can share and your brother and your dad can share the other."

Everyone now comes into the kitchen area.

Bethany: "Where would you like me to unpack the food?"

Rick: "Just on one of the tables is fine we can all see what you guys have."

I started unpacking the plasic bags first.

I took one of the plastic bags and unpacked it. There were some packs of cookies and the gummi bears in this one. In the next one there was the gum and mints, the sweedish fish, and some more of the energy bars.

I unpacked a few more of the bags and the rest were just full of waterbottles.

Bethany: "I've got some more in my duffel bag too."

I ran to my cell and grabbed my bag. I took out the big baggie, and the boxes or cereal and the box of granola bars.

Rick: "Wow" he said as I unpacked the rest of the water bottles and put them on the table.

Bethany: "This is all of the food we have is this enough?"

Rick: "More than enough thanks guys!"

Bethany: "Glad we could help!" I start to bring my duffel bag back to my cell when the boy who went pale earlier walked past me.

Boy: "Yeah Very Impressive.." he said with an attitude.

Bethany: "um. Thanks?" he turned around and gave me an angry look and turned back around. He walked away while I was still trying to process what just happened. This was an opprotunity to make friends during the zombie apocalypse I should take this offer. I ran after the boy to catch up with him.

Bethany: "Wait? Shouldn't we take this opprotunity to become friends? I mean u must had been very lonely before I came here just hanging out with adults all of the time."

Boy: "Yeah you do have a point...My name is Carl." he put his arm out to shake my hand. I took it and shook it. At that moment Jack and Maddie came over.

Bethany: "Carl, these are my siblings Jack and Maddie."

Jack: "Nice to meet you." and shook Carl's hand. Maddie didn't say anything she just smiled at him and shook his hand.

Bethany: "Well I am going to go meet all of the adults and see what has been going on. I'll be back soon."

Maddie: "Okay" she said as I kissed the top of her head.

Carl: "Why I don't show you guys around like give you a tour?"

Jack: "Okay."

-----------------------------------

That is the end of the Chapter guys! Do you like shorter chapters or longer chapters? Let me know in the comments! Also, don't forget to vote!

Bye Guys!!!

-Tay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128 12 13
A teenage girl is alone at the start of an apocalypse after watching her friends die. She meets a man who takes her in. The man takes her all the way...
39K 1.9K 37
{the second in the Apocalyptic trilogy} "In a world like this, you forget about the risks that were there before. The thing is...they're still there...
26.8K 1.7K 66
A sickness starts to spread over the world, a virus that has no cure.. it causes sick victims turn into the living dead and long for living meat. How...