It's Written on My Wrist (Kim...

By kimichanto

[AU] Everyone is born with the first initial of their soulmate on their wrist. (y/n) and Kim Taehyung are stu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
2017 Halloween Special!
2017 Christmas Special!!
2018 Valentine's Day Special!
2019 Special
2021 Special :)
Birthday Boy

Chapter 33

6.2K 213 131
By kimichanto

author's note
I am sososososo sorry for not updating recently! I really have been so sad that I rarely got to update and made you guys wait so long for this update. But I now finally have my laptop so will be able to write whenever I want! I really am so sorry, I don't even know words strong enough to show how bad I feel for not updating this in forever. I hope you all enjoy the update and have been happy and such while I was gone!
------------------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
I woke up to gentle shaking. Rubbing my eyes, I was nearly blinded by the bright lights of the nurse's office. How did I end up here? The nurse smiled at me as she reached over to check my temperature.

"Oh, good! You're finally awake!" She giggled a bit, "I was worried you'd have to go to the hospital or something!"
"What?" I mumbled in response, completely confused. "What happened?"
"I'm not sure actually." The nurse sheepishly laughed. "When I came back from my lunch break I found you tucked in here. But you didn't wake up for the longest time and even had a bit of a temperature. So I just let you stay while I did some work."
"What's wrong with me today?" I spoke very quietly to myself, shaking my head when the nurse looked at me, thinking I was trying to talk to her. She then turned back to one of her cabinets, probably not convinced I wasn't trying to talk to her.
"Are you okay? Sick in anyway? Have any allergic reactions?" She asked while rummaging through the cabinet.
"I thought I was fine, but I guess everything has just been so crazy lately..." My voice reduced down to a whisper as I tried thinking about all of the recent events. Why did everything have to be so confusing?
"Why don't you tell me what's been going on? Maybe I can help." She smiled, sitting down in the chair near my bed.

I sighed, contemplating on what I should tell her. But decided to talk to her anyways, immediately feeling bad about how long I ranted about the recent events in my life. It felt amazing though, finally getting everything off my chest. Sharing my confusion with someone else felt so much better than just keeping it all to myself, even if that someone else is the school nurse. It was okay, she's nice enough and definitely wouldn't spread this gossip out to any other students. At least, I hoped. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when the nurse started laughing when I was done talking. Maybe she was up to date with the school drama.

"You kids never listen do you?" She giggled. "'Too much drama. Have you ever even talked to an adult about the soulmate letters?" I shook my head when she paused, waiting for my response. "Wow, kids these days. What do they teach even you about soulmates? It's all wrong! Honey, the soulmate change only happens if you believe the other person is your soulmate."
"What?" I cut her off, feeling complete disbelief.
"Your world only changes when you believe that person is your soulmate. You said it yourself, you think Taehyung is your soulmate, right?" She asked, as if I was a baby learning something for the first time.
"Y-Yes." I stuttered, "But then how come the world didn't change the first time we kissed?"
"You didn't believe it last time. That also probably explains why you've not been feeling so well today, you were deciding on who was your soulmate and who wasn't." She sighed, "And that's probably why you're here now. However this soulmate thing came about, it's a huge strain on the body. Making that decision today probably took so much energy out of you without you even realizing it!" She laughed again, too entertained by the situation.
"So Taehyung is my soulmate?" I asked, despite knowing the nurse couldn't really know herself. If who my soulmate was really depended on what I thought, then she wouldn't have any idea at all. I just wanted to laugh at myself for being so naive and worried.
"Well you like him don't you? You kissed him before coming here and always feel different when you two are together, right?" She asked while getting up and stretching.
"Yeah, I guess so." I slowly responded.
"Then there's nothing else to it!" She smiled, "Now don't believe whatever other kids tell you. I don't even know where you kids get all these strange ideas."
"Okay, thanks." I smiled back as I got up and bowed, before walking out of the room.

As I walked to my locker, everything was seeming to make sense. It makes sense that you'd have to believe that someone was your soulmate. Somehow I decided that Taehyung was mine, which is kind of what I thought all along anyways. Where did my doubt even come from? Now I'm just certain of it. I've even kissed him twice and I guess felt changes both times. The change the first time must have been confusing and sad because I was so unsure myself. Then when I kissed him in the cafeteria today, the second change must be that I know fully understand things. Then maybe I passed out because it was a huge strain on my body, just like the nurse said. Whatever the case, Taehyung is my soulmate. We've kissed twice and I thought it was him from the beginning anyways. Now there is just no doubt.

Mark's POV:
I rubbed the (f/i) on my wrist, how could it still be aching? The dull pain, a constant reminder of this weird school day. First with (y/n) acting all confused and aloof, then her kissing me during lunch, and now this. The second after she kissed me, not only did she pass out but my wrist started aching. Something is definitely not right. My wrist was healed, it shouldn't hurt at all anymore. I rubbed it one last time before deciding to ignore it and just keep walking. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much and that's why it hurts. If only (y/n) didn't kiss me during lunch today, then I wouldn't be so confused and my wrist wouldn't hurt.

(y/n) is such a complex, confusing girl. One day she's nice and happy and helps me out during the school day, the next she practically abandons me in the darkness of confusion. She can't even properly say she likes Taehyung and that he's her soulmate! I exhaled a breath I didn't even know I was holding. There's no way my slight hopes that (y/n) is my soulmate could actually be right. I don't even remember having her initial on my wrist before meeting her. I really shouldn't even hope about the soulmate thing anymore. (y/n) and Taehyung are soulmates. There's no way it's actually me and her as soulmates.

She's not nearly as sad when I'm missing yet she's devastated when Taehyung is gone for a short while. Sure, she's helped me and is still very nice to me but it's nothing like how she acts with Taehyung. I shouldn't even bother hoping she's my soulmate anymore. I want to just hit myself in frustration. How could I have let all of Jackson's talking and words even convince me that there's a chance (y/n) is my soulmate? He was just probably trying to make me feel better or something, nothing he says actually makes sense anyways. I kept walking, unsure of my destination, down the streets just constantly telling myself what the truth is. That I'm just (y/n)'s friend and that's all I'll be. I shouldn't put my hopes up anymore. If I was really her soulmate, something wouldn't feel so wrong about this situation. I shouldn't feel so guilty that she kissed me. It shouldn't feel like I'm cheating the world after that. But somehow it does. Everything feels heavier, as if her action put a giant burden on my shoulders.

Just then, my phone buzzed, quickly pulling me out of my thoughts. Like usual, I took my phone out of my pocket and rotated it so I could see the screen. But instead, something else caught my eyes. I turned my phone over, to reveal my left wrist. I felt like smiling and crying at the same time. I don't know if I should be happy or depressed. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? The initial on my wrist was no longer there. It disappeared off of my skin. Not a single trace of it left behind.

Taehyung's POV:
I sat at the school's rooftop, just pondering everything that has been going on lately. My annoying phone has already made the plummet down the three story school that I have always wondered about. What would it be like if I went over the barrier and fell to the ground like a shooting star? I shook my head, like every other time I was up here alone to think. I couldn't do it, ever. Not today, not tomorrow, not anytime ever. I can't do it. Even if it is so tempting. To stop the buzzing in my head the same way I stopped my phone from buzzing. When it landed, it could no longer annoy me with all the notifications and information.

Not having a phone is actually great. Nothing to remind me of chores, tasks, drama, or anything annoying. I have no idea what time it is and that is perfectly fine. It is my own little world up here. Just me, the breeze, the clouds, the sun, and my mind. No annoying Mark to take (y/n) away from me. I shoved my hands in my pockets as I thought about today. Such a strange day. I turned my wrist over to see her initial still there. She is my soulmate, even if my world hasn't changed for her yet. It will, someday somehow. For now, I'll just be waiting for that change, no matter how long it takes.

(y/n)'s POV:
I dreaded walking into school today, but I had to. How am I supposed to act after yesterday? What even happened to me yesterday? I sighed as I saw the building, hopefully today would be a better day. I walked in, nervously playing with the edge of my sleeves. Why was I even so anxious? I quickly looked around, no Mark or Taehyung to be seen. I smiled and briskly went to my locker. Maybe if I just acted like today was a normal day, it would be a normal day.

I walked into class, slightly optimistic but froze when I saw Jungkook sitting in V's seat. He didn't even seem to notice me as he was so focused on his phone. It wasn't until I sat down, he looked up from the screen.

"Where's V?" He eagerly asked, worry evident in his voice.
"I don't know." I paused, turning to see the extremely concerned look on his face. "Why? What's wrong?"
"He's not responding to anyone!" Jungkook whined in frustration. "I've been calling and texting him nonstop since yesterday but he still hasn't responded."
"What even happened yesterday?" I asked, "Why would he be missing?"
"What's wrong with you?" Jungkook spoke harshly. "You were acting all strange yesterday so V was upset and worried about you. You weren't even properly responding to him or anything! And Mark wasn't helpful at all so V just went up to the rooftop before lunch and I don't even think I saw him come down. Then from what I heard, you just had lunch with Mark after. What happened there?"
"I was with Mark during lunch?" I questioned, my mind a blur. "I don't even know what happened."
"Well, just be happy no one's been able to contact V or he'd be even more upset because of yesterday's rumors." Jungkook put his phone in his pocket to rummage through Taehyung's desk instead. "Where's Mark? Did he disappear too?"
"Probably just running late." I quickly checked my phone, no messages from anyone. "He should know his way around by now so he couldn't be wandering around lost right now." There was an awkward pause before I continued, "Do you think V is coming to school today? You're here quite early."
"I was hoping he'd be here already, with you." Jungkook picked up a notebook and started flipping through its pages. "As his soulmate, shouldn't you guys be together more? Especially so I don't have to figure out where he is whenever he goes missing."
"There's no way he's still up at the rooftop, is he?" There was the possibility, but he really couldn't be, could he?
"I can't check." Jungkook shrugged, and continued when I gave him a curious look. This was the second time he mentioned he couldn't see Taehyung at the rooftop. "It's a BTS thing, I can't, none of us can, when he's like this. But you can check, you're not a part of BTS so technically it's not breaking the rule."
"How do I even get up there?" My question just made Jungkook sigh and get up from Taehyung's desk.

I quickly followed Jungkook through the hallways, practically at a jog as he walked so fast. He opened a door that showed a staircase up, and let me through. But instead of coming up with me, he just shut the door. As I walked up the stairs alone, I could tell no matter how much I wanted it to be, today would not be a normal day. Actually, today couldn't get any further from normal. I got up on the rooftop and saw Taehyung and Mark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.3K 4.9K 70
When you're born, everyone gets a shot in their wrist. It's known at The Elixir and when you turn 24, it causes a tattoo to burn into your skin. Well...
Sou7mate By Tam

Fanfiction

9.9K 403 17
"H-hyung, why is it so-- bright? It looks like...." Or in this AU: At the age of 25 your soulmate's initials burn into your wrist. One set of inital...
468 20 11
Heyy armys !!! This is my first Fanfic and I hope you guys will like it. This story mainly revolves around Y/n, Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung. This...
136K 5.4K 20
"I'm independent." Your voice sounded small in his presence. This one thought was what fueled you your whole life. You never wanted to rely on anyone...