I've Got What I Wanted

By Phoenix-54

Sequel to I Want Mr Baker! After hiding their relationship for a year, Riley Spence and Caleb Baker finally h... More

I've Got What I Wanted. Part 1
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 2
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 3
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 4
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 5
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 6
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 7
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 8
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 9
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 10
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 11
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 12
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 13
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 14
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 15
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 16
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 17
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 18
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 19
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 20
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 21
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 23
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 24
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 25
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 26
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 27
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 28
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 29
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 30
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 31
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 32
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 33
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 34
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 35
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 36
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 37
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 38
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 39
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 40
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 41
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 42
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 43
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 44
I've Got What I Wanted. Epilouge
IGWIW Valentine's Special Chapter

I've Got What I Wanted. Part 22

16.5K 177 18
By Phoenix-54

Hey! Sorry (again) for the lateness. Same old spiel about exams and school. I've done one so I've only got anouth seven to go... It ain't fun at all. But once there over, I'll upload more often hopefully. But at some stage you aren't going to like this story anymore. I guess that's a little hint into what's happening ;) It won't be very rosy :) Anyways, I shall speak to you all later. Enjoy the chapter! :)
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan. And like my facebook fan page (link is on my profile) :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

“Can we please go out somewhere?” I complained to Caleb again. He chuckled as he stood at the sink washing the dishes. “I’ve been cooped up in this house for two days now. I want to go out and do something.” He turned around, drying his hands with a tea towel.

“You were meant to rest though. And you can do that best by sitting in the house.” I groaned and placed my head on the table.

“But I want to go out. So take me out,” I lifted my head to look at him.

“Do I get a choice here?” I smiled and shook my head. He sighed and nodded. “Fine, I give up.” He threw the towel on the worktop before walking over to me.

“Seriously?” He laughed and nodded.

“Yes now go get ready.” I smiled and stood up.

“You don’t know how much I love you,” I said before kissing his cheek. He laughed as I walked out of the kitchen.

I’m seriously sick of this house. It’s great to hang out in the house for a whole day and do nothing sometimes. But when you’re in it every day you really do hate it. And Caleb’s been a bit protective over me. He actually won’t let me do anything. He just tells me to sit around while he does everything. He’s already missed a couple of meetings in school since he’s been with me. And although he won’t say anything to me, I know he still thinks this is his fault. But how could it be his fault? He wasn’t the one that crashed into me. But I don’t know what to do to convince him. And I know he worrying about something. I just don't know what it is. 

Once I was finished getting changed, I walked back downstairs. “Where do you want to go?” I heard Caleb say as I put on my shoes.

“Can we go to the cinema? I want to see Silent House.” I turned around to see him giving me a flat look. “What?” he walked over to me and grabbed his coat.

“You and a scary movie? They don’t really mix very well.” I laughed and shrugged.

“Whatever, I want to go see it.” He smirked and nodded.

“Fine but if you start having nightmares, I’m going to tell you I told you so.” I rolled my eyes, opening up the front door. "You know it's true though," he called as I walked to the car. I waited for him to lock the door before unlocking the car. "Every time you want to go see a scary movie the same thing happens." I tried to ignore him by getting into the car. But as soon as he got in, it just kept coming. “We go see it, you get scared and spend most of the movie with your face buried in my arm. Then you’re a bit scared when we go to bed.” He smirked at me as he started the engine. “It’s the same thing every single time we go see a scary movie.” I rolled my eyes and looked out of the passenger side window.

“Well it won’t happen this time. Then you don’t have a reason to say I told you so.” He chuckled and placed his hand on my thigh.

“So how are you feeling today then? Do your ribs hurt anymore?” I looked over at him and shook my head.

“No they’re okay today. I think the doctor said they’ll hurt for another week or so. But I think they’ll be fine from now on.” He glanced and me as he pulled up at a red light.

“Are you sleeping okay?” I smiled and nodded.

“Yeah I’ve been sleeping through the night. I’m just waiting for this cast to come off and then I’ll be fine.” He smiled before driving again. “And can we pick up some ice cream and bananas?” He looked at me with a frown on his face.

“What the hell do you want with ice cream and bananas?” I laughed as he pulled up outside the cinema. “Cravings?” I smiled and nodded. He shook his head getting out of the car. I took off my seatbelt and got out of the car.

“I’ve just got this crazing for peanut butter and banana sandwiches and just normal ice cream. But we’ve only got peanut butter.” He laughed lacing his fingers through mine.

“Well then we’ll pick some up after the movie.” I smiled and moved into his side as we walked into the building. “Have you thought anymore about telling everyone you’re pregnant?” 

“A little bit but not an awful lot. But I think she’ll start to notice because I’m just really tired all the time. And then some days I’ll feel really sick and I’ll have a bump in a few weeks. I think it’s just a matter of time before she puts two and two together.” He nodded as we walked up to the ticket counter.

“Two for Silent House please?” Caleb said to the man. “Personally I think the sooner you tell her the better. Imagine how she’ll feel finding out later. Do you know where I’m coming from?” He said handing the man some money. “I don’t want to pressure you into telling her, I just think now is better than later.” I sighed and ran my thumb along the back of his hand.

“I know where you’re coming from; I don’t think you’re pressuring me.”

“Thanks,” he said to the man while taking his change and tickets.

“I just don’t know how she will react.” We walked up the stairs towards the confectionery shop. “She’s either going to be happy or disappointed that her teenage daughter is pregnant. And then there’s Uni that I have to leave while I’m pregnant. There’s just going to be some level of disappointment when I tell her.” He sighed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“She won’t be disappointed. And anyway, if you’re happy that you’re pregnant and I’m happy, why does it matter what anyone else says? I know she’s your mum, but this is going to be our family. This is the family that you and I have created. It shouldn’t matter what other people say about it.” I looked up at him and smiled.

“You’re such a big softie,” I stretched up and kissed his cheek. He chuckled and shrugged.

“That’s just who I am. Do you want anything to eat or just a drink?” He said smiling at me.

“Just a drink,” he nodded as he got in line. “Maybe we can tell my mum when we go over on Saturday?” From the edge of my eye I could see him look down at me. 

"I don't want you to tell her just because I said something. I want you to tell her when you want to tell her." I smiled and looked up at him. 

"I want to tell her. I'm sure she'll be happy."

"We'll talk about it over the next few days. I don't want you to rush into it. I want you to tell her when you are ready." I nodded, putting my hand into the back pocket of his jeans. 

"It's not that I'm not ready, I just want the right time to tell her."

"I'm sure she'll be happy whenever you tell her. I think she'll just be happy that she's a grandmother. And she will see how happy we are." I smiled and rested my forehead against his arm. "Don't think about it today. Let’s just relax today okay?" I nodded and looked up at him. 

"Sounds good enough to me." He lowered his head and gave me a quick kiss. 

"And guess what?" He whispered putting his lips by my ear. 

"What?" I replied as he rubbed my arm. 

"At least we don't have to worry about you getting pregnant anymore." He kissed my neck before pulling away. I tried to hide my blush by putting my forehead on his arm. 

"You're such a pervert." he chuckled and kissed my temple. 

"But deep down you love it." I smiled as we walked up to the counter. I do want to tell my mum about the baby, but I'm really nervous. 

~~~Saturday~~~

"You're going the wrong way." I pointed out to Caleb as we went to my mums house. 

"No we're not. I'm taking you to get something to eat first. You haven't eaten all day and its not good for you or the baby." I sighed and looked out of the window. 

"I'm just not hungry. If I was I would have eaten something." he made a noise showing me he didn't believe me. "It's true though; I wasn't hungry." 

"Yeah it might be true you're not hungry, but you're not hungry because of today. Every time we talk about it, I can see you don't want to do it." He reached over and put his hand over mine. "You should only tell her because you want to, not because you feel that you have to." I sighed and looked over at him. 

"But sometimes we have to tell someone something even if we don't want to. Sometimes it's just better to tell the person instead of keeping it from them. I know if I keep this from mum she'll just get upset when she does find out.” He nodded before pulling up outside a small café. “I might as well do it and get it over with. There’s not point dragging it out longer than it needs to be.” He nodded again taking out the keys from the ignition.

“Come on I’m hungry too.” He said getting out of the car. I grabbed my bag before following him out of the car. I waited for him by the front of the café.

“You ate in the house,” he shrugged and held the door open for me.

“What can I say? I’m a man I like my food.” I rolled my eyes and we walked over to a table.

“I think like is a bit of an understatement.” He smirked and shrugged off his coat. He moved his chair closer to the table. “I’m seriously not hungry though Caleb.”

“I don’t care,” he said lifting up a menu. “You’re getting something and that’s the end of it.” I shook my end and lifted up a menu of my own.

“Are you going to be one of those guys that make sure I’m eating the right things and doing the right things so I don’t harm your potential rugby player?” He laughed and looked up at me.

“It’s like you don’t know me at all. You should know that I want him to be a teacher instead of a rugby player.” He smiled before looking back down.

“That’s fine by me, I like teachers.” I saw him smirk but he didn’t look up at me.

“I think you mean a specific teacher.” I smiled looking for something to eat on the menu. It was quite hard when you weren’t really that hungry.

“If it’s a boy and he is going to be a teacher though, make sure it’s at an all boy’s school. We don’t want him following after you.” He laughed and gently kicked me under the table.

“I’m pretty sure it was your fault though.” I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

*

“Do you guys want anything to eat or anything?” I shook my head before resting my temple against Caleb’s shoulder. “Are you sure? Johnny is going to walk down to the Chinese.” I smiled and shook my head again.

“No I’m not hungry, I ate before I came." She nodded walking over to her purse. 

"Do you want anything Caleb?"

"I would kill for some chips." She laughed and nodded. "But let me pay," he said taking his wallet from his back pocket. "You shouted me tonnes of dinners over the years." She shook her head and walked out of the living room calling Johnny's name. "I guess that's a no then." I laughed as he put his wallet back in his pocket. 

"Good guess," he let out a single laugh before kissing the top of my head. "I think we should tell her when Johnny leaves. Then I'll tell Johnny whenever he gets back.” He nodded rubbing my thigh.

“Are you sure you want to tell her today though? You're lucky you're not fat already."

“I swear if you say fat one more time I will hit you.” He chuckled placing his chin on top of my head.

“You know I’m only joking,” I shrugged pushing myself up slightly.

“I don’t know that, you could mean it for all I know.” He smirked and flicked my nose.

“That wasn’t funny the first time you said it, and it’s still not funny.” I smiled and looked down at my hands.

“I could say the same about you.” I lifted my head as I heard the door open and close.

“I don’t understand why you have to explain things to him more than once.” My mum complained as she walked back into the room. I laughed and brought my feet onto the sofa.

“It’s Johnny, he doesn’t know what the word once means.” She nodded sitting down opposite us.

“So how are things then? Are you guys going away anywhere over summer?” I shook my head, wrapping my cardigan tighter around me.

“We haven’t really talked about it much. I would love to go to Australia though. I’ve always wanted to go there.” I nudged Caleb slightly as a hint that I want to go. He squeezed my thigh knowing what I meant. I really hope that I’ll be able to fly even though I’m pregnant. “What about you?” I hope extending the conversation will give me enough time to figure out the best way to tell my mum that I’m pregnant. I know this should probably be a really happy time, but this usually happens when their daughter is at least in their mid twenties.

“We’re thinking of going over to America to visit some of Greg’s family. But we haven’t decided yet.” I nodded running a hand through my hair.

“Where is Greg?” Is it bad that I’m only thinking about him now?

“He’s away out for dinner for someone’s birthday from him work.” I nodded sitting forward on the chair.

“Mum can we talk to you about something?” I said glancing at Caleb. He smiled and slipped his hand through mine.

“Of course you can. What is it?” She gave me a small reassuring smile. I really don’t think that’s going to be there soon. My mum is one of those parents that you don’t know how they’re going to react when you tell them something.

“So apparently when I was in hospital they wanted to do some tests or something. But they had to make sure that they could do those tests but it ended up that they couldn’t. But it’s sort of good news why they couldn’t do it. Because I’m pregnant,” I watched to see if her face would give anything away. But unfortunately it didn’t. I did feel slightly relieved that I told her and it was no longer putting pressure on me. And Caleb was right; as long as he and I are happy it doesn’t matter about anything else. “I know it’s not the first thing you want to hear. And I know you’re probably disappointed that it’s happened now instead of when I finished Uni.” She sighed and closed her eyes. I looked over at Caleb who gave me a small smile. As long as I have him I’ll be okay.

“I’m not disappointed,” she finally said. “I’m just shocked and upset. I never imagined I’d be a grandmother so soon and when my daughter just got into university and is eighteen.” She opened her eyes and looked up at us.

“I’m not exactly thrilled about it either. I know this isn’t what you wanted. But its done now mum; there’s nothing we can do about it.” She sighed and nodded.

“Yeah I know that but it doesn’t make it any easier. I always wanted you to have the best life you can. I wanted you to have a good career and all the rest of it. All I’ve ever wanted is the best for you and Johnny.”

“I do have the best mum. I’m really happy, that’s good enough for me. Yeah this isn’t how I imagined it would go, but I’m still happy. I can always do the other stuff later.” Caleb squeezed my hand and sat forward.

“Sam I can still give Riley all the things she needs and deserves. I’m not going to let her do this herself. I’m going to be with her the whole way. And I know you will too.” I smiled and Caleb stroked the back of my hand.

“Of course I am, I’m still am really happy for you guys. I’m still really shocked though.” I laughed and she stood up. “I’m always going to love you,” I stood up and walked over to her.

“I know, and I love you too.” She smiled wrapping her arms around me.

“I am really happy for you though. If you’re happy that’s all that matters.” I smiled hugging her tighter. “I’m always here for you. The door is always open if you ever want to talk. You and Johnny are the most important things in my life. And now it’s going to be your child as well.” I nodded and pulled away from her.

“I know,” she smiled and tucked my fringe behind my ear. “So are you and Johnny as well as Caleb and the baby.” I said looking over at Caleb. I gave him a look to tell him to stand up and come over. He smiled and did what I wanted him to.

“I am really happy though,” my mum said hugging Caleb. “I’m behind you guys one hundred percent.” Caleb laughed hugging my mum back. They pulled away when the front door opened.

“Food is here,” Johnny shouted shutting the door and walking down the corridor.

“Are you sure you’re not hungry? Have you eaten today?” I smiled and nodded.

“Don’t start with making sure I’m doing everything right.”

“Yeah I’m sorry,” I laughed and shook my head.

“She’s got me to do that anyway.” She laughed and I gave Caleb a flat look.

“Anyway I’m going to get your food. I’m really happy though.” I laughed and shook my head as she left the room.

“That went well,” I turned to Caleb and smiled. “Like I said it would,” I tutted and rolled my eyes. He chuckled and held his arms to his side.

“No you don’t deserve a hug,” he laughed and grabbed my elbow. “Go away,” I said pushing his chest.

“No,” he said stubbornly. I sighed and just stood in his arms. “I love you,” he tried to get me to talk to him.

“Awesome,” he laughed and kissed the top of my head.

I’m really glad I have him. I really don’t think that I could get through this without him. Even though I didn’t say it back, I love him to pieces.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 356 27
Ali is a 17 year old senior who has moved to a new town, and a new school. She meets a guy named Riley who takes a quick interest in her. But Riley i...
117K 2.5K 34
Josie Kingsley, a sixteen year old, kick back bad ass who does nothing more than to annoy her teachers. Sarcasm being used on a day to day basis. She...
21K 416 52
your just getting coffee when you bump into an unexpected man that stills your breath away but how can you love someone when your already married. ev...
209K 4.3K 34
So yes this is a student/ teacher relationship it's not really like the others so please read and give it a chance! Never know if you don't read!! N...