Outcasts

By Wulfe21

Tomboy,bad ass,Athlete and Werewolf. These were great combinations to describe Rocky Rebel. A werewolf whose... More

Beastly Encounter's
Misunderstandings
The Athlete's Crush
Bets & Impressions
Starting Over
Just One Date
Hangovers
Icy meets Feisty
Like Father like Son
Seeing Double
"Exchange Students"
Advice from a Gingerbread
A "Playdate"
Mission Imposable
Walking Down Memory lane
Stuck in Our Heads
Challenge Accepted!
Two sides of the coin
Danielle V.S.Goliath
Jelly,Much?
A Good Luck Charm
To Gay or not to Gay
Relative Talk
Friends/Partners/Lovers?
Family Reunion
Can't Think Straight
Next stop,Round two!
Temporary Roommates
Figuring myself out
Fear Factor
Rivals or Allies
Trapped Feelings
Soulmates?
Game on!
Hosts
Double Trouble
Invitations
Romeo&Judas
No more Secrets

Coming out, sort of

1.5K 42 14
By Wulfe21

Another chapter? Wish granted. What is up my fellow companions and welcome to another chapter. Great,I already sound like more of a You tuber than a writer XD. Any who, I should probably start up this chapter. Oh! Before I forget,the song above. It's suppose to resemble something that goes along with the chapter. I won't tell you,you'll have to use your Scooby Doo detective skills to figure it out. You'll know what I'm talking about when you hear it. Also since it's already getting near the end of the first nine weeks,there is a possibility that this will be the latest chapter for a while. If not then,I'll let you know in the next chapter. But,I'm done "talking". Enjoy the chapter.;)
Dawn's POV
The only sound that could be heard for miles was the cries of the wind.
My eyes meet theirs as we begin our longing stare. My feet shifted to the sides ready in position, fingernails digging to into the palm of my hand,and soft breathes through my nose. Their stance is similar to mine except breath is out of mouth, and hands are on the tips like the feet. One wrong move and it was all over. I knew that one of us would be walking away from this and it wasn't going to be them.
I then raced towards them without a moments hesitation while they did the same.
I waited for the right moment as at the last moment,it stood up on it's hind legs ready to strike down like a grizzly bear. At the last second,I swing my right arm across its stomach except when I swing my arm. My arm had went through it's body vertically like a shadow before my arm was at the other side of it's body.
My pupils shrunk while it grew a wicked smile revealing its blood stained teeth.
It raised its paw before swinging it's arm. It was faster than I could react sending my head to sway with the arm.
I could feel fresh blood dripping down from my cheek as instantly stand to my feet with my fist gripped tightly. I swing my arm again across it's snout only for it to phase through it like before.
It remained it's smirk before raising it's right foot and kicking me right into the gut as I suddenly go flying but..
Crash
The bark erupts my stop as I fall onto my stomach. Before I could even react at all a grip takes a chunk of my hair before raising me up off the ground before releasing it only to be replaced with fingers wrapped around my throat.
Slam!
The bark smashes into my back as my eyes stares into it's bloodshot ones.
Deja vu all over again.
Surprisingly I'm losing my breath and can't break this hold.
"DAWN!" a voice shouts as it brings a bright light overpowering us and this whole scene in general.

At an instant,I sit up halfway with hitched breath,gently gripping my throat,and eyes glancing around my room.
*sigh*
The dream...its got to be a sign as to what I had visioned back at the graveyard.
But why?Why would I envision my father's killer? To figure out who it was or possibly is? For all I know my father's killer could still be out there.
I rest my head gently in my hands as I slowly take in deep breaths. Then suddenly I feel a slight tug on the bottom of my shirt causing me to raise my head up only to see Trouble gripping part of my shirt in her mouth as she pulling back like it's a tug of war. I roll my eye's as I grow a faint smile.
"Trouble,you have food and my shirt isn't one of them." I said which made her keep pulling except wagging her tail twice as fast.
"Trouble,please let go of my shirt." She keeps tugging.
"Let go of my shirt or else I'll pull out the big guns." She keeps tugging as if she's ignoring me.
"Alright,you asked for it." I exclaimed as I reached my right hand towards her and with my pointer finger began scratching behind her right ear. At an instant the jaws of life released my shirt and instantly fall on her side like a fainting goat not before she stuck out her tongue and kicking her right leg.
"You never make my day hell."
*knock**knock*
"Dawn?" The voice behind the shut door exclaims.
Sigh
"Speaking of hell." I muttered
"I heard that." Caroline exclaimed before opening the door only to see her in her normal pjs.
"Huh,skimpy as always." I exclaimed after clicking my tongue.
"I'll take that as a compliment." She exclaimed as she pointed to me.
"What do you want,Caroline?"
"I just wanted to ask you something."
"No,I won't go underwear shopping with you."
"No,not was I was going to ask. I was wondering your friend,Alex?"
"Alexandria." I corrected
"I know got to give her a nickname. Anyways,I was wondering is she the same friend that always called me pretty and was nicknamed AJ when we we're kids?"
"Yeah. I remember,you always called Alexandria, AJ. Alexandria didn't want anyone else to use that nickname but you." I exclaimed remembering the memory.
"She did?" Caroline asked and for the first time I can see faint pink across her cheeks.
Oh my of everything define and holy! Caroline's actually blushing.
"Yeah,anyways why are you asking."
"Well,I was looking through the album for a family tree project and I saw one of you and a little redhead when you were kids. I thought the image looked familiar and so did Alex. It didn't take too long to put two and two fully together."
"And how long did it exactly take you? An hour?"
"Haha,funny. No,actually thirty seconds. Anyways,I kinda feel bad that I forgot the hot tamale(candy) is AJ"
"Yeah,vampires don't forget anything."
"Unless their mind has been wiped from that memory by parents or too busy to realize."
"That is true. Anyways,why are you so concerned about Alexandria when Rocky is your main focus?" I asked crossing my arms with a faint smirk growing on my face.Her pupils dilated, her cheeks burning into a darker shade,and jaw dropped. First time,I've seen her cool cucumber act broken.
"Well, I uh..*Ahem* I'm going to make breakfast."she said changing the subject quickly. My,my,what's this I'm witnessing.
"And daydreaming about AJ" I emphasized with a smirk causing her eyebrows to raise and instantly turn her head no longer giving me eye contact. Normally, I would be furious about her talking Alexandria but, this is actually fun to mess with my sister. Now this is basically the first time I've messed with her since all those times she messed with me.
Payback
"No!I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." Caroline snapped before shutting the door behind her leaving me smirking and grinning. I think I found my sister's weakness and surprisingly she has one. However,I know it's not right using my friend like that even if it's a joke. Besides,I'm trying to make sure she doesn't harm or do anything inappropriate with Alexandria. But I guess that's not just the only thing I have to concerned about.

After getting dressed,I make my way towards the kitchen with
Trouble strutting beside me as usual only to see right on cue Caroline had placed a muffin pan of whatever "evil" brewery she was making.
"So,what are you poisoning us with today?" I asked with a smirk as I sat in my usual spot on the stool.
"Funny. I'm making something different than what we normally have."
"Battery acid with a side of radioactive metal?" I asked with a smirk which made her roll her eyes.
"I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear that. Anyways,I'm making French breakfast puffs."
"Exotic. Trying to play angel to convince dad something you want?" I asked crossing my arms while racing an eyebrow.
"No,Mark has nothing to do with this."
"Okay,so involving mom into any convincing?"
"No and before you ask I'm not trying to convince anyone."she exclaimed before I even said a single word.
"Okay then,why go through this trouble then?"
"I can't make you guys something? You and Zach had your share of making breakfast for everyone. Now,I think that I should give you guys a break and let some else cook for once." She said with a shrug and a faint smile. I want to smile back at her but deep down that flash of memory stops me. My eyes looking into Caroline's figure as I can see herself shrink down to middle school version of her. Her eyebrows were furrowing, eyes at a pure red glow,hair slightly shorter than in the past instead it was French braided,an aéropostle red hoodie,sweatpants,and for now in socks. Her eyes glaring at me with anger and disgust sending slight silver's down my younger selfs spine.
Six years...it began six years ago.
That dark photograph memory of that day still buries deep in my brain: the echos of laughing, the physical and emotional pain,and a pool of liquid.
My reason for hatred and burning rage for Caroline is also because of that dark day.
"Dawn?" Instantly I snapped out of it when I could today's Caroline looking at me with slight worry in her eyes.
"You okay?"
"I'm fine. Just outzoned for a bit." I said nonchalantly so,she doesn't try to figure out what I spaced out on.
"Okay. I was going to ask if you had any plans after school with your friends?"
"Why exactly? Are you going to try and drag me interest some sister bonding?"
"No. I was going to see if you wanted to visit Dad with me." She exclaimed
*gulp*
In a flash,the last part of my dream replays in my mind while the feel of dad's killer lingering in the air and hug my body bitterly.
"Dawn!" Caroline shouted this time to snap me out of it.
"Sorry." I said shaking my head at the thought.
"Um..no. That's okay,I visited him yesterday." I answered finally as Caroline nodded in confirm.
"You keep zoning out,Dawn. Maybe you're not fully awake and you need coffee."
"Good idea." I said with a nod as I hop off the stool to go to the coffee machine.
"Whoa,Dawn thinks Caroline has good idea's. Right that down in the history books." A new voice exclaims as they enter the kitchen.
"Oh,ha,ha,ha,Zachary. You're so funny." Caroline exclaimed with sarcasm in that tone of her voice.
"Glad someone thinks so." He exclaimed as he rubbed his eye before releasing a yawn.
"What's cooking?"
"French breakfast puffs." Caroline replied growing a faint smile.
"Caroline's making breakfast." I replied before turning back over to grab a coffee mug.
"Now,Caroline what did we do to you." Zach exclaimed with sarcasm and a little bit of sass in that tone.
"What do you mean?" Caroline asked
"Poisoning us by actually cooking food." He exclaimed which made me snicker as I turned to the side to see Caroline's jaw slightly dropped with a look of hurt.
"Hey! I don't do that bad with cooking!" She answered with a bottom lip forming a slight pout.
"Really? You burnt water trying to make tea and put tin foil in a microwave."(Don't ever try that at home.)
"Okay,first of all. I was thirteen when that happened and second of all I took cooking classes so,I don't make the same mistake again."
"Or repeatedly." I said with a smirk as Caroline just turned around giving me a glare which made me release a faint chuckle.
"Anyways,besides that. Zach,are you planning anything after school?"Caroline exclaimed after she turned away from me to give full attention on Zach.
"Not that I know of. Why?"
"She wants to know if you want to visit dad with her." I exclaimed as I poured the fresh coffee into my mug.
"Really? We haven't visited dad in a while. Why don't we all go together. The three siblings together." Zach exclaimed with a wide smile which instantly caused guilt and karma to spear my undead heart.
"I'm afraid that's not going to happen,Zach." Caroline said gently putting the news down. Whenever we visit dad,we normally go together. Mom only goes when it's dad's anniversary of his death,his birthday,or their anniversary.
"And why not."he exclaimed with a frown forming on his face.
"Because I already visited dad yesterday." I answered before Caroline did already feeling slight guilt and disappointment in myself for what I done.
"What!?"
"Zach,I'm sorry."
"So,that's where you went yesterday." He exclaimed with his voice lowered darkly as I just nodded.
"I didn't know we were going today."
"Whatever."
"Hey,I'm serious. I didn't know she was going to offer that to us,okay."
"You should've known by now that if one goes that we all go." He snaps
"Zach,I'm sorry. How many times do I have to say it for you to forgive me."
Ding!
Nothing but the oven goes off in the room of silence that was filled with due to my last compliment.
"I'm not hungry anymore." Zach exclaims before getting off the stool and storming off.
"Zach.*sigh*" I exclaimed trying to call him back but,I know it's too late when I can no longer see his back.
Sigh
"He'll forgive you,eventually." Caroline exclaimed before turning to the oven to get out the breakfast.
"That's reassuring." I mumble
*ding**dong*
Oh,great. This morning just gets better doesn't it?
"Dawn,can you get that for me please." I just nodded before making my way towards the door with the coffee cup in hand.
*creak*
"Morning sunshine." Alexandria exclaims with a smirk holding a medium sized white box in her hands.
"Morning,Alexandria. What's in the box?" I asked with a nod before taking a sip of my coffee.
"Stopped by the bakery and grabbed a couple bagels with a variety of cream cheeses, croissants,and strawberry filled crepes."
"Oh."
"What do you mean oh? You thought that I had brought doughnuts didn't you."
"Yep."
"Disappointed?"
"A little but not anymore since your bringing me a buffet."
"How much do you love me?" She asks with a faint smile.
"Very much so." I answered as I gave her a bear hug.
"Can I come in?"
"Please,you'll get me out of a situation." I answered as I shut the door behind me after Alexandria entered with the box.
"What kind of situation?" She asks as I lead her to the kitchen.
"Dawn,who was at th-AJ!" Caroline began with the tray of puffs in her grasp not looking at us until she saw Alexandria and it made her jump causing the tray to go with her. Just like that,the puffs landed on the floor like bombs falling from the sky. All except one survived and stick to the tray.
"Oh,that situation." Alexandria exclaimed before releasing a chuckle before continuing.
"Good thing,I came here prepared." Alexandria finished before setting the box down on the corner after managing to survive the smashed land mines of French puffs.
"Damn it! And I spent all morning making these." Caroline whined as the only one that remained was still intact.
"Don't worry,Caroline. One is still intact." Alexandria said pointing out the puff.
"Yeah,but..." Alexandria cut her off
"Tell you what,I'll try your cooking since I destroyed it and help you clean up the mess."
Before any of us can say anything,Alexandria picks up the puff not caring that it just came out of the oven and sinks her teeth into the puff. Caroline and I's eye's widened at what we were witnessing.
"Not bad. You got skills,Caroline." Alexandria said after swallowing the first bite with a wink which made Caroline glance down at the tray with a flushed checks and a faint smile.
"Thanks,AJ."
"AJ?" Alexandria asked before it took her a minute to realize it.
"You remembered." She exclaimed with a wide smile as Caroline just nods.
I smirk at Caroline's actions but then the smirk disappears when I glance back at the empty hallway leading to our rooms.
Zach...I hope you forgive me eventually.
In a way,I'm happy yet sad that I went to visit dad. Sad because I broke a family tradition that means something to Zach but happy that I went because I might've found a new power to add to my abilities.
Rocky's POV
"So let me see if I have my head wrapped around this. Skylar's your mother, this Shiloh guy was your human father, one of your co workers is your uncle, the leader of the pack you're in is your aunt whose title you fight for at the end of this school year, and you're an heir to a future pack you're in?" Dean explained in basically a nutshell.
"Pretty much yeah." I said with a shrug
"I just have one question for you....does this mean I can't be your mother figure anymore?" Dean began to sound serious than asks the question with his bottom lip sticking out in a pout causing me to laugh and roll my eyes.
"Well,technically yes and no. It still feels weird when I call Skylar mom but,you know she is who she is."
"You just have to face facts that your family is alive and that you have to bust out your antisocial bubble." Dean said as poked my on nose with his pointer finger.
"I talk to Maverick and Ice don't I?"
"Yes but that's because each half of your heart belongs to part of them." He exclaims song filled.
"Don't start that conversation."
"Why not,it's cute."
"Well what about you and Zach? You two might as well be sucking each others faces."
"What if we already are?"
"Then I want invites to your guy's wedding damn it." I exclaimed with a smirk
"Sure as soon as you figure out who you're proposing to. Unless your into threesome's." He exclaimed with eyebrow wiggles which causes my jaw to drop before immediately slugging him in the arm.
"Shut the fuck up. You know I'm not into that stuff at all!" I snap which makes Dean laugh in response.
"So, you have to make a choice then. Maverick or Novelle or in my eyes Rawn or Noel?"
"Dude, you're taking this way too seriously."
"Glad someone is. You need to quit beating the bush and choose."
"One,shut up. You're not doing any better than I am. Two,slow your roll speedy Gonzalez. We're eighteen and still young to even think ahead. Three, last time I checked Maverick is straight. Four,even if she was,both girls are out of my league so, I don't have a shot either one of them. Fifth and finally,I need to figure this confusion out instead of being pushed out of a closet and being labeled for something I'm unaware of."
"Hm,you've pleaded a good defense however, according to the evidence of proof that points three and four are invalid." Dean exclaimed in his mocking lawyer voice making me snicker before putting on my face of mockery.

"Proceed,Mr. Glash." I said with a smirk as he proceeded on.
"Exhibit A. Ice's sign of affection,I call a thawing breakthrough. She speaks some part of her past and you can connect towards it with no hesitation. You two flirt and joke until finally the break through is set when she kisses you."
"Objection. It was on the cheek." I added with my cheeks fading to a shade of bright red.
"Overruled. But as you can see. It's one of the things that broke your cool even for a little bit. Moving on to exhibit B,Dawn's connection. She hugs you more often then she would for me,she encourages and helps you like any friend would normally do except the only difference is it brings your heart to a fuzz if I'm not mistaken."
"She's just being a good friend." I defended which made my cheeks burn with heat after all the times she helped me and when I was with her.
"Yes but do friends normally feel nervous around each other when it comes certain talks or feel jealous when one is being flirted by someone else other then them. " Dean exclaimed raising a brow which raised my eyebrows along with my eyes.
"Thought so. Exhibit C,how you treat them. Normally you ignore anyone trying to talk to you except for me but ever since you met those girls on technical that night. You slightly changed and became open. These girls made an impact in your life bigger than I have in the years I've known you."
I had no response on the outside but, inside was a different story.
"Now,with all evidence pointed out. Has the jury made their decision?" He exclaimed before suddenly grabbing my right wrist before placing two fingers on where the vein is.
Boom*Boom*
My pulse quickened even though mentally I wanted it to stop showing my opponent the truth behind the facts. He looks up at me with a smirk on his face.
"They have and they claim the defendant ,Rocky J. Rebel,guilty as charged for being a rainbow skittle." He exclaimed instantly pointing at me causing me to roll my eyes before giving him a light shove.
"Whatever,man."
"Hey,facts are what facts are."
"Right like the time you told me that you saw a runaway unicorn."
"How was I suppose to know that horse was dressed like one for a kids birthday party!?"
"My point exactly." I said with a smile.
*slam!*
I shut the metal locker behind me with my books in one hand.
"So,hon. How will you come out of the closet?"
"Would you let me figure this out on my own."
"Fine but,five bucks says you're going to come out by the end of the day." He exclaimed raising his hands up with that sly smirk.
"Ten." I challenge
"Twenty."
"Thirty and we have a deal." I said with a nod as I held my hand out that Dean takes with his own before shaking on it.
"Done but, prepare to owe me the cash tomorrow."
"Oh,you wish Glash." I said causing us to gain a faint smirk as we turned to walk in towards our first period class. My body froze instantly when my eyes caught a particular figure. Dawn sitting in her desk looking at out the window as the moonlight glistens her beauty. It enlightens her skin tone and face while her eye's were bright and shiny like a diamond's material.
"Winning." Dean exclaimed as he walks past me with a smirk. I squint my eyes shooting spears into his back before taking my seat.
"Hello,gorgeous." Dean hummed snapping Dawn out of her trance only to look right at us as she gave her signature yet sweet smiles.
"Hello to you too,Dean." She said glancing at him before glancing at me.
"Hey, Rocky."
"Hey,Maverick." I said with a faint smile.
You've got this,Rebel just don't mess this up.
Dawn's POV
Zach's been ignoring me since we arrived at school and no matter how many times I call his name,text him,or try to at least grab his attention he won't respond.
I know that deep down I screwed up but how was I suppose to tell my twin brother that I wanted an opinion of what dad thinks if we were not the straight kids he expects. Plus if I asked about that with Caroline present she wouldn't keep it a secret at all. She would tell Mom and Mark in a snap which could lead into a jumbled up mess.

"Ooh,Alexandria is getting jiggy with Caroline."Steph exclaimed as she nudged Alexandria's right arm with her elbow while wiggling her eyebrows. Alexandria rubs the back of her neck and eye's look anywhere but at us.
"I am not. I'm just an old childhood friend that happens to know my best friend's sister." She exclaims with a shrug.
"You sure about that?" Stephanie asks with a smirk.
"Yeah,Alexandria. Are you sure that Caroline would be the wisest choice to go after?"Zoe asks
"True,she's a heartbreaker and not to mention a non committed relationship kind of a girl." Stephanie adds
"Dawn,a little help here,please." Alexandria pleaded with obviously the same puppy dog eyes she tries to pull off.
"Nope,not this time. You're on your own." I said with a smirk which caused Alexandria glare at me.
"After all,I did for you this morning." She exclaimed
"I know,I'm a traitor." I exclaimed with a smirk.
"You want to stoop to that level,huh. Alright then,how are things with you and tomboy Rebel?" Alexandria asks pulling out the big guns.
"Well played,Jade. Well played." I said shaking my head.
"Yeah,how are things with you and Rocky?" Stephanie asks with an eyebrow raise.
"How did we flip on questioning who?" I asked trying to change the subject,but...
"Dawn,you still haven't answered the question."
"We're okay. Our awkwardness is no longer there,so there's that. So,we're friends again."
"Right,friends." Zoe exclaims placing the finger quotes.
"Look,I'm going to be clear. Rocky and I see each other as only friends." I swear I feel like a broken record.
"You sure about that?"
"Well,maybe one of us sees us as friends." I mumble,but I could see their faces forming wide grins.
"I'm figuring it out."
"So,you're confused."
"I don't want to label myself until I know without anyone's persuasion or opinions. I need to know for sure on things when it comes to stuff like this so,please don't say anything until I confirm anything."
"Dawn,relax. You can trust us." Alexandria said placing a hand on my left shoulder.
"Thanks,Alexandria."
"I'm still mad at you for betraying me though." She exclaimed which made me laugh at her.
"Yeah,this is new towards you and obviously you want to dig deep to figure it out. So,whatever decision you make,you're still our best friend." Stephanie exclaimed
"Thanks,guys."
"No problem besides your stuff with us. You're not going to get rid of us that easily." Zoe adds which makes me snap my fingers causing all of us to laugh.
"Well,we'd better get to class. See you later,Dawn." Stephanie said which makes me nod.
"I'll see you guys later."
"I know you'll find your answer,Dawn. You have that kind of potential." Alexandria added before they all walked off towards their first period while I walked towards mine.
Girls or boys?
That is the question I have to answer on my own. I don't know when I'll figure out the answer but hopefully I'll know before it's too late.

I make it to class early as I sit in my assigned seat and glance out the window to begin to think of the answer for my question.
Girls or boys?
Rocky is different from any guy I've dated in the past, then again Rocky isn't a guy. But I also still blush when I unnecessary flirt with guys.
This might be harder than I thought.
"Hello,gorgeous." Dean hummed snapping me out of my trance only to look right at Rocky and Dean as I gave them a faint smile.
"Hello to you too,Dean." I said glancing at him before glancing at Rocky.
"Hey, Rocky."
"Hey,Maverick." She said with a faint smile before they took their seats.
"So,Dawn. I've got a question for you." Dean exclaims which makes me almost jolt up in my seat as I hope he doesn't ask me what I think he'll ask me.
"What's your plans after school today?"he asked which made me be relieved on the inside while relaxed on the outside.
"Well,apparently Caroline had planned something that Zach was excited for,but had to turn down because I already went to the location yesterday without knowing it. So,besides dealing with a pissed off Zach and getting a lot of things on my mind. No."
"Ouch,I'm sure Zach will forgive you eventually." Rocky said with a shrug.
"Absolutely, besides Zach doesn't stay mad for long. He hates the distance and pull apart the relationship of the person he fought with unless it's something personal." Dean added with a shrug.
Yeah,well it kinda is personal.
"Right." I muttered before the bell rang starting the first period.
*sigh*
Thus begins a very confusing day.
*Ring!*
The bell goes off as my mind does as well. So,much to deal with in one day. But it's nothing anyone hasn't done before. My mind ponders as to what I should do first: Try to fix my sibling issue,dig deeper into my possible new ability,or figure out my orientation. Now that I think about it,I thought about my sexuality first but that was before I was reminded about the other problems.

On one hand,I'm figuring everything out that's been going on with me,but on the other I feel selfish and letting my brother and I's relationship slowly fall out of place.
Think,Dawn. Think.
*boom*
*thump!*
"Oh,my gosh. I'm sorry,I wasn't watching where I was going." I exclaimed snapping me out of my thoughts. Man,Caroline is right. I am out of it.
"No,it's cool. It happens." A low voice replies of the basically brick wall that I ran into. It's a guy with dark auburn hair, honey brown eyes, wearing a varsity jacket of the school that has our signature colors: Scarlet Red and Black. The sleeves are black while the jacket itself is red, blue jeans,and Jordan's for shoes.
He's cute.
"I'm-"I began to say as I stuck my hand out but before I could even say a sentence.
"I know who you are." He interjects before I said anything else.
"You do?"
"Well,who wouldn't know Dawn Maverick. One of the popular girls of this school. I'm Laden. Laden Bankers."he said taking my hand with his before shaking it a few times.
"I don't really consider myself popular." I said releasing our grip as I gave a sheepish smile.
"Well,you're just one of the lucky ones after all your the sister to Caroline Maverick and Zachary Winchester."
"How did you know that?"
"Please name someone who doesn't know you all are siblings."
Rocky didn't at one point.
"You're not wrong." I said growing a faint smile
"So,if you don't mind me asking. What was so important that you would run into me?" He asked growing a faint smirk.
"I have a lot on my mind."
"Want to talk about it?
"Sorry but, I only tell family and friends."
"Understandable since you don't know anything about me except that I'm in your P.E. class."
"Wait,you are?"
"Ouch,doesn't knowledge other people's lives and here I thought you cared about attention along with followers."
"One that's my older sister not me and second I'm not saying that people's lives don't matter just because I don't acknowledge everyone. But,I don't have to be everyone's friend and I make that choice of who I want in my life or not." I said calmly.
"Wow. Never expected a Maverick to say that."
"Yeah,well I'm not some stuck up bitch that everyone thinks I can be."
"I never said that." Laden said raising both hands up in defeat with a faint smile on his face.
"I never said you did." I said returning his smile with my own.
"So,I'm guessing making a big deal out of your name is a pet peeve I'm guessing."
"Not really. My surname is just like everyone else's. It's nothing special. Only people make it and act like it is."
"So,your just the average girl next door?"he asks crossing his arms with an eyebrow raise almost in a challenging tone.
"I'm not normal but, I'm not better than everyone else."
"You could've fooled me."he said which caused my cheeks to grow a faint red on my cheeks as my eye's wondered anywhere else but his gaze. My eye's stopped gazing around when I spotted something else to stare at.
Rocky leaning against her locker talking and smiling with Ice Novelle. They seemed to be having fun from where I'm standing. It would be a bitch move to interfere with their conversation.
So,what!? Ice could be stealing your woman anytime soon.
"Hey,you okay?" Laden asked bringing my eye's back on him only to give him a faint smile.
"Yeah,sorry I spaced out."
"The first time I've seen you do that."
"Well like I said I have a lot on my mind."
"Maybe you'll figure it out eventually." He exclaimed with a shrug.
"Yeah,maybe."
"Hey,look the bell is about to ring and I don't want to be late for class,so I'll see you at P.E."he exclaimed
"Huh,that's funny. Never expected you to be a punctual kind of guy. Then again we all are full of surprises aren't we?"
"Touché, Anyways I'll see you around."
"Yeah,you too." I said as I waved at him with my right hand before turning around only to see Rocky and Ice talking and now possibly flirting with each other.
I release a heavy huff before proceeding on to my way to my next class focused on the road this time then my thoughts. Although to say the least that I didn't regret running into a guy like Laden. He seems nice so far. We'll see though,after all his sweetness and sarcasm can change on the gymnasium court. Everyone's attitude changes when their on the court.
*Ring!*
Another period goes by as I immediately walk towards my locker before heading on towards P.E. To be fair,I kinda forgot about my objective but maybe me having a tiny atom crush on Rocky and me finding Laden will help me answer my question.
Girls or Boys?
Laden and Rocky will both help me without them knowing at all.

"Alright listen up,Maggots!" Mr Amino said causing us to stand up straight and tall in our lines.
"We'll be doing something new today. We'll play a familiar game of dodgeball."
Ah,yes dodgeball. A game where athletes throw the ball at the weak and less intimidating players just for them to feel better about themselves.
"Their will be two divided teams: boys vs girls. Now since there is an uneven number of girls and boys. One of the girls will have to sit out. "
"I will." I exclaim quickly before any other girl does.
"Alright,Maverick. Go ahead and take your spot up in the bleachers. You'll get a chance to play next game." Mr Amino instructed which made me nod as I walked over towards the empty bleachers. It may have made me seem like the prissy one who chose to sit out because I'm scared to to hit in the face. That's not the case. This will determine better who from point of views would technically win my heart. In a way it's what will help me determine my sexuality.
I just hope none of them will think I'm using them.
Rocky's POV
After the first period in keeping my cool,I get to my locker without Dean. Something about trying to talk to Zach or something like that. Anyways,I open my locker and get the stuff I necessary need before shutting the locker behind me.
"Hey,double R." a voice exclaims leaning against the lockers.
"What's up,Iceberg." I said growing a faint smile.
"Nothing much,thought I would say hi."
"Uh huh. Normally you have some excuse to talk to me."
"Not all the time. I can't talk to the girl I'm crushing."
"Like I make you heated."
"Think,I'm making it up?"
"Never said that,cool yourself."
"Already am. It's in my name."she said with a smirk
"Your nickname." I corrected.
"Tomato,tomado." She said rolling her eyes
"Yeah,look..uh..I have a question."
"And I might have an answer. Depending on what it is."
"Okay,so hypothetically what all do you have to necessary become a leader?" I ask. I know what I'm doing. If anyone would know about the information and facts besides my aunt and uncle then it would be a different pack leader like Ice.
"Why? Did your genetics prove your royalty now?"Ice asked with a smirk on her face
"Not exactly. I mean I just found out yesterday that I belong somewhere."
"Really? What does that mean?"
"It means I found my mom and that I'm next in line for the thrown in the pack." I said rubbing the back of my neck.
"Really?! Whose your mother?"
"Skylar."
"How th-?"
"Long story."
"Ah,I see. So,you have to fight Skylar when it comes time to initiation."
"More like my aunt."
"Ouch,now that is tough."
"Tell me about it. I want to ask family what all I need to know but, I don't want to stress anyone or get humiliated."
"So,that's why you're asking." I just nod
"Tell you what,why don't I help you study and train."
"Really?" She nods
"It could help you plus it will help me know a little bit more about you then the basic facts of what I know."

"I don't know,I've got work."
"What time?"
"What?"
"What time do you leave for work?"
"5:00pm but,I want to leave for work at 4:30 pm."
"Okay then so,we'll train for an hour and a half so,you'll have enough to time to get some training in and be ready for work."
"What about your own pack?"
"I'll have second in command like always watch over my pack. Plus I trust my members,they don't something dumb or outrageous unless it's mess with me or if I'm even present." Ice said with a shrug.
*boom**boom*
She's so determined and wanting to help,but it's just help right?
"Okay but if you ask me questions about myself then I have the right to ask you questions."
"What happened to adding mystery to my personality?" She asked raising a brow while crossing her arms with that same smirk on her face.
"I didn't say you couldn't have mystery taken out of your personality. But I still want to know what there is to you."
"Hmm..what if it's too personal."
"Then you have every right to pass on that question. However,I get that same right."
"Sounds fair to me,you got yourself a deal then." Ice said sticking her right hand out in front of me.
"Deal." I said shaking Ice's hand with a smile.
"So,our first session starts after school."
"Okay." I said with a nod
"And one more thing."
"What's that?"
"We should run."
"Why's that?"
"Because we only have twenty seconds before the next bell for class to start rings."
"What!?" I said glancing at the clock only to see she was right.
"Shit!" I cursed and turned back to look at Ice only to see her token off and halfway down the hallway.
"Hey!" I shouted with a smile on my face.
"Gotta catch up, slow poke!" She hollered back as she continued to run ahead. I shook my head before I started to catch up with her.

*Ring*
With that reassuring sound of another brain cracking period that Ice and I made it to with three seconds to spare. I gathered my stuff.
"So,Rocky? Owe me any cash yet?" Dean asked with a smirk.
"Nope." Actually I kinda already forgot since I was concerned about having my sorry ass late for class.
"Darn,hey we don't have anything planned after school,right?"
"No,why?"
"Because there is somewhere I want to be without you of that's okay."
"Yeah,that's fine. Why wouldn't it be?"
"Because we're best friends and we stick to each other like glue."
"We can be separated, Dean. If you have something then don't let me hold anything back that you want to do by yourself." I said as we exit the classroom and walk our way down the hallway.
"Thanks,Rocky." He said with a wide smile as he gave me a squeeze hug then walked off.
Odd. Very odd,but beneficial.

"Alright listen up,Maggots!" Mr Amino said causing everyone to stand up straight and tall in our lines.
"We'll be doing something new today. We'll play a familiar game of dodgeball."
Ah,dodgeball. The game where you throw a leather ball at someone to try and break someone's face but been there and done that.
"Their will be two divided teams: boys vs girls. Now since there is an uneven number of girls and boys. One of the girls will have to sit out. "
"I will." Dawn exclaim quickly before any other girl does.
"Alright,Maverick. Go ahead and take your spot up in the bleachers. You'll get a chance to play next game." Mr Amino instructed then Dawn nods as she walked over towards the empty bleachers.
Guess she didn't want to play.
"Hey,double R."Ice exclaims walking over towards me before standing beside me.
"Hey,Iceberg." I said before we glanced at each other and nodding.
"You'll dodge." She said
"And you'll catch." I finished as we gave each other one more nod before turning back to the row of leather balls in order.
"Let's show these boys how it's really done." Ice said with a smirk as she positioned herself like most would for races while I slowly did the same.
"After you,Novelle." I said with a side nod to my left.
*Beep!*(Don't judge -_-)
The whistle goes off and do does the whole class. Ice and I ultimately race and grabs only one or two dodgeball before retreating or before the guys can penetrate us with the balls.
We were close but not too close to each other as Ice threw the first ball in her hand.
"Douche in saggy shorts ten o clock." I exclaimed
"Gotcha." She said before throwing the second towards the douche dressed guy aiming at his feet knocking him instantly on his back and when he tried to get back up he tripped on his own shorts and landed back on his back.
"Excellent, throw."
"Thanks,to be fair he wasn't going to last long."
"Speaking of lasting long,I still have mine."
"Throw it at the guy whose least expecting it."
"So,the one that's trying to not to participate."
"Exactly." She said with a nod as threw at the far back corner kind of guy and got him right in the gut.
"That was brutal." Ice said clutching her stomach with a smile on her face.
"But effective." I pointed out as we then decided to spread back out to our surroundings only to notice a few girls are already out sitting along the bleachers along with some boys already Dawn's friend,Alexandria included since I noticed she's sitting next to Dawn talking. I turn back around only to see a dodgeball heading for my knees but,I leap up while running past the dodgeball. I land on my feet only to glare at my thrower.
This means war!

This began as a war,it's treated like a war and now it's going end like one.
One by one,girls and boys are shot down by the leather balls or simply catching them. As for me and Ice,we're taking battlefield tactics in this dark gorilla warfare. I dodge and hand Ice ammo while the catches the ball and hands me some ammo. We thought this game and basically this madness once in for all. After all there's now a total of three of us. Me,Ice,and one of the guys from the opposing team. If I remember correctly the guy's name is Laden. Laden Bankers.
He seems like an alright guy from what I've seen and heard of but his friends are pea brain numb skulls that act like they have a wrench up their ass.

Anyways,here's the slight problem: all the dodgeballs are aligned past the half court and Laden at the other end of the row with a dodgeball in his right hand.
A trap. A smart trap.
"Captain,what do we do?" I ask crossing my arms and looked at Ice.
"I don't know,lutenist, but we won't let the enemy win."Ice said
"So surrender is-"
"Out of the question. Follow me lead." Ice exclaimed with the last three words in a whisper as I nodded. We race off at the same speed towards Laden whose eyes looks at me first then at Ice then back at me. He threw the ball but,we don't know at who until I see Ice leap up towards the ball with her fingers slowly getting into it's grasp. I stopped in my tracks to watch the move and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one. Ice's is so close to grasp the dodgeball and if she catches this it's game over. The ball was getting closer and closer in her grasp when...
Blam!
A red blob from almost out of nowhere from where I saw Ice as it sucker punched her gut and her to the ground as both balls fell to the ground.
"Ice!"
"Avenge me!" She exclaimed as she got to her feet and raced to the bleachers. I just nodded before turning back only to see another ball coming at me this time,I ducked my head before continuing to run towards Laden who keeps throwing the balls and me dodging while running towards him he has the last ball in his arms and was going to throw it until I punched it back to his court. There's no rules saying I couldn't do that and Mr Amino didn't specify the rules. There we stood now as we glanced at the nearest ball from behind us as we instantly turned around to race to grab it. I quickly grasped the dodgeball and turned myself around with my heels only to see Laden is also turned around with a dodgeball in hands.
It's silent and it's like a sundown showdown.
Where's the tumbleweed when you need it.
We throw the dodgeball at the same time only for both going in opposite sides as my dodgeball heads towards Laden while his is towards me. I plant my feet down and position myself...
Blam!
I have the dodgeball in my arms while Laden has mine in his hands.
Looks like another tie.
*ring!*
"Class dismissed!" Mr. Amino shouts causing the class to exit from the bleachers and head for the locker rooms.
"Way to settle the score,solider." Ice said with a smirk with her hands in her pockets.
"Thanks,Captain." I said with a two finger salute.
"We make a pretty good team."
"Yeah,maybe our teamwork will be put to the test again."
"Maybe,I'll see you in the locker room,double R." She said giving off a wink before walking off making me smile with my cheeks turning pink.
"Hey,Rocky."
"Hey,Maverick." I said with my smile never fading away as she opens her arms to give me a hug,but I take a step back.
"Are you sure,I'm sweaty. I don't want to ruin your oh so fragile and expensive clothing." I said with such sarcasm.
"Shut up and hug me." She said as she wrapped her arms around my waist before resting her head on my collar bone.
"Gee you're so nice,Maverick." I said rolling my eyes with a smile.
"I know right." She exclaimed causing both of us to smile and laugh.
This is nice. I mean having fun with Ice and joking around with Dawn. It's something inside that's warming my heart hate to admit it. But does that mean I like girls because their something boys couldn't get me to feel?
"Hey,Dawn." A voice exclaims pulling us apart from our hug.
"Hey,Laden." Dawn said with a faint smile as she walked towards him.
I have to remember that even if part of what Dean said about Dawn and Ice each having a part of my heart. There's no way that Dawn likes girls like Ice does or possibly I do. I should be a good friend and support her no matter what guy she dates or who she loves.
Dawn's POV
Well that was a bust. Throughout the game,I kept glancing at Rocky and Laden. They both we're impressive and they both had me wanting to cheer for them. Plus it didn't help that Alexandria's talk didn't help me either.
Earlier..
"Hey."
"Hey,Alexandria." I said scooting over a bit to let my best friend sit next to me.
"So,did you come up here because you wanted to check out your crush or because you wanted to drool over the guys?"
"I don't know that's what I'm trying to figure out."
"If you want my advice. Pick the pros and con's of liking each gender;it should get you some prospective and make your decision more clear."
"Okay."
Present..
It was easy for her to say.
I've been thinking about pros and con's next period and it was frustrating considering there is an equal amount of pros and con's in my opinion of liking girls versus liking boys. This was crushing me and my head all together. Maybe I'm just over thinking everything when it comes to what gender I like.
*ring!*
Maybe something to eat will help clear my thoughts.

"Hey,Dean." I said walking to our usual spot of the table.
"Hey,honeybee. What's sweet?"
"Nothing special. Hey,by the way have you talked to Zach yet?"
"Yeah and I got him to cool down. I gave him some hypothetical perspective on things,but he's still salty at you."
"I know and I promise,I'll talk to him afterwards. Thank you Dean."
"No problem."
"Rocky in the lunch line again?" I asked noticing one of my friend's disappearance.
"Yeah." I nodded
"Dawn,are you okay?"
"Yeah,why wouldn't I be?"
"You look like you have something on my mind."
"I do."
"We'll share with me. Don't just keep it all for yourself." He said which made me release a heavy sigh before summarizing my confusion.
"Well,I'm pretty sure you already got advice but, take a look at Rocky and question why is she the one questioning your orientation." I nodded
Why Rocky?
"Hey,Maverick. Glad you can join us." Speaking of the devil,Rocky took her seat next to Dean.
"Yeah,I'm glad too. Sorry if I'm late."
"No,it's fine." She said with a faint smile.
Why her?
"So,who was that you we're talking to after P.E?"
"Laden."
"Bankers?"Dean asked
"Yeah,bumped into him as I was walking down the hallway before P.E. He was just asking how I knew Rocky and why I sat out."
"Why did you sit out?" Rocky asked
Crap.
"I didn't feel like playing today." I lied with a shrug.
"Okay,then." Rocky said with a nod.
We proceeded on with lunch and conversations while my heart was determined to answer both questions of the day:
Girls or Boys and What makes Rocky have me baffled about myself?

Throughout the day,I kept thinking and wondering why Rocky J Rebel. Is it because of her looks? Is it the way she acts? Is it because she saved my life? Why Rocky? Why her?
List characteristics and compare.
Rocky is a teenage werewolf whose a hard shelled on the outside but caring on the inside. She's strong willed, open-minded, stubborn, funny,smart,and above all else a good friend. She's so determined and courageous when it comes to taking risks. She's so willing to put others care and aid before her own. She's always helping and cares more about beauty on the inside then outside.
Then it hit me eighth period of class.
I've fallen for Rocky. I have a full crush on my best friend. I like Rocky J Rebel and I'm not afraid to admit it.
*ring!*
So,if I have crush on Rocky but still have some interest in guys. I know who I am and what I like. The question is who do I tell first? My friends? Trouble? My parents? My siblings? Who could I tell about my latest change in my life?
I know,I can't keep this buried within me. I have to tell someone or I feel like I might lose it.
I gather my stuff and head towards my locker. Once I release my news I can focus on my other problems or objectives for today.
*slam!*
I begin to make my way towards the front entrance when the answer to who I could tell is right in front of me. I run up towards them and grasp their wrist.
"We need to talk." I exclaim before dragging them to a familiar private place.

Rooftop

"What's this about,Maverick?"
"There's something I have to tell you and I have been waiting to get it off my chest."
"Okay,we'll whatever it is. You can tell me."
"Rocky...I'm bisexual." I finally exclaim and it felt really good to say it.
"Really?" Rocky asks with wide eye's
"Yeah,I've been so confused because of this crush of mine but I know realized that this crush changes how I view girls. "
"I'm happy for you,Maverick."
"Really?"
"Yeah,I support you. Whoever you love or feel a special connection with I'm totally cool with. Your my best friend,Maverick,what friend would I be if I didn't support you." She said causing me to grow a wide smile as I instantly tackle hugged Rocky and she hugged me back.
"I just hope you'll support me too." She whispered out which brought my attention as I looked up at her.
"What do you mean?"
"You're not the only one whose been wanting to confess." She said with a faint smile.
"Rocky,are you-?"she nods
"I'm gay." She said which made my heart do backflips.
I do have a chance with her.
Rocky's POV
Throughout the rest of class of eighth period that it occurred to me.
Am I gay?
I couldn't be. I mean yeah,I never liked guys like that and I didn't know what to think of girls. But still it couldn't mean anything. Could it?
I mean I blush when I am around Dawn and Ice. My heart beats ten times faster and my inner wolf lusts over Dawn and Ice. I slowly lose my cool with Dawn and Ice. I flirt and mess with them about the flirting. I mean yeah,I find Dawn Beautiful and Ice the opposite of her nickname. I never felt this way with guys or Dean,but with Dawn and Ice it's diff-
Oh,shit. I am gay.
Dean was right. Great their goes my allowance. Note to self,never make bets with Dean ever again.
*ring*
Finally,you admit your gay! Damn how about listening to me for once!
I roll my eyes as I exit the classroom to my locker while I ponder as to who I should tell first. Dean? No,he'll do the I told you so smirk and tease me nonstop for the rest of the day. Mom? No,I'll tell her when I'm ready. Ice? No,She'll up her flirting game.
Oh like you'll dislike that.
*slam!*
I'm sure,I'll tell someone eventually. I begin to walk towards the exit when suddenly a hand grasp my wrist causing me to look up to see it's Dawn.
"We need to talk." She exclaims before suddenly dragging to who knows where.

Rooftops

It surprised me when Dawn said those words to me,but it surprised when I said those two words. It didn't feel gross or tingly. It actually felt good to say and I got to what I wanted to say to someone.
"How long have you known about your sexuality?" Dawn asks which makes me rub the back of my neck as Dawn pulled away from our hug.
"Today actually. I didn't know who I was until it hit me. I never knew who I was until I met some people in life that brightened my confusion." I said with a faint smile.
"Well,I support you too,Rocky. I don't care who you are or who you choose to be. You'll always my best friend." Dawn said with a faint smile then a thought popped in my head.
"So,whose this crush your talking about?"
"She is someone I met that changed my life forever. I didn't think someone like her could change my orientation but she did."
"She sounds like one hell of a person." I said trying not sound jealous in my tone.
"She is and I'm glad to have her in my life."
"Me too. Anyone who makes my friend Maverick happy is a friend of mine and a stamp of approval."
"Thanks,Rocky."
"Anything for my best friend."
Tell her damn it!!

*ding**dong*
*creak*
"Right on time,Ice. Come on in." I said as I opened the door some more for her to enter.
"Ready for your first lesson?" Ice asks as I shut the door behind me.
"Yeah." I nodded
"Hey,what's that for?" Ice asked nodding her head towards the wad of bills on the stand.
"Just owe someone something I'll never here the end of." I said with a shrug.
Dawn's POV
After Rocky and I coming out to each other. We promised each other we wouldn't tell anyone else except us telling them. That was the first promise we made before going home. Well Rocky went home,but for me on the other hand I had over plans...
I pulled up in the empty space of the grass and then killed the engine after placing it in park.
*creak*
*slam!*
I began to make my way through the field of graves and continued to walk until I saw two familiar figures however....
"Zachary!" I shouted before running towards them only to see Zach on the floor with pupils dilated,breath quickened, and Caroline bending at his level looking at him with concern.
Once I got there,I got on my knees next to the other side of Zach.
"What happened?" I asked looking at Caroline
"I saw it." I heard Zach whisper
"What did you see,Zach?" I asked looking back at my shaken up brother.
"Dad's killer." He exclaimed which widened my own pupils.
I'm not the only one with this ability!?
End of Ch26
What do you all think? Good? Bad? Both? Will Dawn and Rocky tell anyone else their sexuality? Will they figure out that their the reason for feeling the way they do? What exactly did Dean say to Zach? Does Caroline have a crush on Alexandria?
Find out in the next chapter or perhaps chapters.
Farewell my fellow companions and happy reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 141K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
155K 31.8K 48
Becca Belfort i Haze Connors, choć przez swoich znajomych zmuszani do spędzania razem czasu całą paczką, od dawna się nie znoszą. Dogryzają sobie prz...
1.6M 93.3K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
1.1M 26.9K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...