Seeing Double

What's up nerds! JK. But seriously though chapter ten already! If I'm going a little quickly with the series then let me know. Also still not tell you all whose Dawn's brother just yet. Now if you guys figured it out by now then that's great! ^u^ The picture above that you see is a surprise character so I'm not telling you whom until the end. With that out of the way let's go!

Dawn's POV
As soon I open my eyes,I close them shut automatically. I wish I didn't have to get up and proceed with rest. But I knew that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.
' Today my life will be in hell. '
She was coming home from London which meant that it was a matter of time before she starts bringing home men and women which made worry about Rocky a bit.
"Alright so a girl calls herself Caroline Maverick then I'll  be sure to stay away."
A faint smile forms on my face when I remembered her words. I trust Rocky and based off what she said I know; I have faith in her. I sit up from my bed and stretch while thinking of a way to take my mind at ease before the devil herself shows up on our doorstep. I know Stephanie is on a date with her boyfriend,Zoe is at student council, Alexandria has to work and  Rocky is too. Oh well maybe I can have a day to myself.
But first things first,gotta get something in my system.
I begin to head downstairs towards the kitchen to where I already smell something good,I entered the kitchen and there's my brother making blueberry pancakes. He's in a long sleeve shirt, stripped flannel boxers and socks. He seems focused as he's got a stack already made.
"Got enough batter for two?" I exclaim from behind that causes an instant leap a two feet into the air causing me to laugh at him as he turns around with a dirty look on his face.
"Scared the shit out of me!" He said placing a hand over his chest even though it's not beating.
"Morning to you too." I say with a smirk as I take a hair tie and put my hair into a messy bun.
"How many you want?" He asks holding up the plate of already made pancakes.
"Just two." I exclaim as I walk over to the fridge and pull out a pitcher that's filled with blood and the syrup container. Set it on the counter to my left before I got two glass cups from the cupboard.
"Your up early."
"So are you. When did you get up?"
"An hour ago. So about 6:00 am in the morning. Mom's still sleeping and Dad's away on a business trip for a week. " He explains as he flipped another pancake over with the turner.
"Ah okay,I'm going to have a day to myself before Godzilla get here." I said pouring the two cups then putting it away with one hand,taking the nearest glass and sliding downwards towards my brother who catches the cup without looking. 
I shut the fridge door before I take the cup myself and out of sheer covience we both bring the drink to our lips tasting sweet blood early in the morning. Vampires can eat and drink things people can but every once in a while we got to drink blood for good strength and energy.
I lower the glass when it's completely empty while my brother quit when half of it was gone as he set it down to get back to cooking.
"Thanks sis,I needed that after the game last night." He said as I wash out the cup and placed it into the sink.
"That bad,huh?"
"Well we won but then the other team were being sore losers and tried to start a fight with us. One of them even called me a faggot."
"What did you do?" I ask sitting down on a stool across the room that has a small table in the middle of the kitchen.
"I wasn't going to take it so I hit him square in the nose. But coach didn't appricate my action so, he suspended me from the games for a few weeks which means I can't go to practice or play any games when it comes times for it. I can only watch from the sidelines." He said as he turns around with my plate of pancakes and set them in front of me.
"Wow but that's the first time you got suspended from the team and got into a fight. Any time someone calls you names you shake it off and ignore. What's wrong with you?" I question knowing this is isn't like my brother.
"It's nothing." He claim instantly as he turned off the stove and added a pancake with the rest.
"I know when your lying." I said pointing my fork at him while he placed the pan and turner in the sink. He glances over at me before turning around grabbing his plate and cup standing right across from me.
"Dawn,I'm fine." He said finally as he jabbes his fork with the top pancake but not looking up at me when he said that.
"Yeah but.."
"Dawn,I appricate you looking out for me but I'm really fine. If I have a problem then I'll talk to you or Caroline, okay?" He interjects as he looks up at me while placing his free hand overlapping mine. I just nod but then I get up from my stool make my way towards him and he notices this as his body is following my movement. When I'm near him I give him a hug which surprises him that's until I say.
"I just don't want to see you getting hurt is all." He then accepts the hug with a faint smile.
"Never do I."
"Well this is certainly a photographic memory." A voice announces that causes both of us to break the hug to see who the voice is. A woman in her mid thirties with dirty blond like hair,brown eyes,wearing a black tank top,fuzzy pajama pants,and slippers.
"Oh,please don't let me ruin this moment." She said with a faint smile raising her arms.
"Morning mom." Brother said with a smile
"Hey mom,want to join us for breakfast?" I suggest with a faint smile as I went back to my seat.
"Sure hon,who made it?" She said taking a seat to the stool next to me.
"I did,mom." He claims handing mom a plate of three pancakes.
"Well as long you didn't burn the house down yet then it must be good." She teased causing me to laugh. It seemed nice like we were having a family again. I mean without the work and all the busy stuff. Well it's not officially a full family but at least we get to spend sometime together for a while.