Exotica

By soulsexual

Broken and fractured, No longer being a whole. Burned by the light that shined down on her body every night, ... More

Intro
Bloodstream
Change Me
Kiss Me
Good Enough
Wading
Advice
Brave
As I Am
The Worst
wRoNg
Pull The Trigger
No More Sad Songs
One Life
Numerology
Skin
Loved By You
Every Kind Of Way
Bed Of Lies
Don't Judge Me
No Pressure
Faithful
Nobody Like My Everything
Close To You
Give Me Love
Fool In Love
1 + 1
New Balance
~ Thank You ~
Paradise
Photograph
Reckless
While We're Young
Get Like
Losin' Control
1st Position
Issues
I Do Love You
Ain't Nobody Taking My Baby
Times Like These
My Love Is Your Love
Yes
Perfect
Silhouette
All In It
Y.A.S
Enemy
Pretend It's Ok
All About You
Trauma
You Mean The World To Me
Tonight
Trust Me
Nobody Knows
Welcome To My Life
~ Gatekeeper ~
Golden
Nightingale
You vs Them
Frozen
The Knowing
I Hate You, Don't Leave Me
Just So You Know
Everything Will Be Ok
Touch
Waiting
2 Seconds
Eternal Sunshine
Bad Religion
You Don't Do It For Me Anymore
Save Myself
Break From Love
Let S**t Go
These Four Walls
Fucking & Kissing
Cameras / Good Ones Go
S(He's) Mine
Surrender
Cold Case Love
Love Without Tragedy
How Did We Get Here
Where She Is
Good People
FAN
Love Gon' Go
This Ain't
I'll Show You
No Brakes

Be Alright

1.7K 116 161
By soulsexual

Back to back updates and the first chapter without a visual 🌚🌚🌚

One Month Later // Nov 2019

◇ Omniscient ◇

Her red bottom heels click along the tile floor as she runs down the hallway clutching the sides of her dress. Her two bodyguards right behind her, trying to keep up as the three of them make a left turn backstage. "Amini!" Lexis shouts causing Amini to whip her head to the left of her. She removes her dark freshly curled hair out of her face and looks at her. "Yes?" She says in vexing tone of voice. Lexis glares at her, catching her attitude. "You're late."

"Why do you think I was running backstage." Amini retorts. Lexis chuckles and takes a step towards her, roughly grabbing her face and pulling her close to her as if she were her child. "For you to be a damn good model you have one fucked up attitude, fix it." Removing her hand from her face, Lexis pushes Amini resulting in her to stumble back luckily, one of her bod guards grip on her arm just in time.

"Oo I wanna beat yo ass." Amini says to herself knowing that if she were to say that to Lexis' face she'd have consequences to face. "I brought you here to host the gathering and you show up late, who does that?" Lexis stresses, throwing her hands in the air. "You know what you fu- Hey Ma!" Amini looks to the right of her and sees Hayden standing a few feet away, showcasing his beautiful smile.

"Haybae." She says, calling him by the nickname she had given him once the two of them became close friends with one another after their first awkward shoot together. "Damn you look good." Hayden takes her hand into his and has her do a full three sixty for him so he can get a good look at her outfit for the night.

"Thank you, thank you. You look good yourself." She comments fixing the tie to his suit.

"You know my baby picked my outfit out for me and she never disappoints." He says, referring to wife of two years.

"I still don't understand how you're twenty one and already married." Amini comments pulling him to the side. "By the way, Lex is being a full on bitch tonight and I was seconds away from beating her ass." Laugher releases from Hayden's vocals cords. The disliking Amini had towards Lexis had grown in the last month, the two of them would butt heads on many occasions. Amini almost lost her spot as a host for tonight's gathering due to her poor word choice just three days ago.

"You meet with your new manager tonight though right?" Hayden questions.

"Yes I do but I have no clue who the fuck that is. First Lexis said it was a he then a she now it's back to a he." She whispers not knowing if her new manager was standing just a few feet away from her. "I want to make a good impression you know. I'm not always slick in the mouth like I am with Lexis." She states as she looks at the people who were crowding the backstage area.

"You'll do great, ma." He assures her, locking their arms with one another.

"So will you, the two of us hosting this can't be that nerve-recking, can it?"

"No it's just a gathering with all the models signed to the agency as well as the people behind the scenes of the company and of course our managers. Your boyfriend is here tonight, right?" Amini tucks her champagne colored lips and shrugs her shoulders. "I do know that he has a night class and he couldn't cancel it because he's giving his students a pop quiz but, he did say that he'd try to make it so if he does show up that's great. If it doesn't that's perfectly okay." She says truthfully knowing that Quinten was always a supportive boyfriend and if he missed one small event it wouldn't be the end of the world for her.

"Okay well I have to get my mic set up as well as a few touch ups on make-up I'll see you out there." He hugs her tightly and rubs her back before pulling away. "Wait, do you have ibuprofen or anything? I feel a headache coming on and I want to kill it before it worsens."

"Nah sorry I don't. I'm sure somebody back here does. It's Hollywood baby, we sadly got drugs all around this biatch."

"You outta line for that Hay."

"Am I lying though?" He laughs raising his brow at her.

"No, sadly you're not but I'll see you soon, okay."

"Alright ma, go touch up yo make-up. One of yo eyelashes look like it's about to fall off."

"Okay, fuck you!" She yells seeing that he's being pulled away from her by a make-up artist.

"Sorry I'm married and I'm loyal to my woman!" He shouts back. Amini laughs at his comment as one of the make-up artists pull her into a dressing room. She shuts the door behind them and gestures for Amini to take a seat in the chair a few feet away.

"Excited for tonight, Miss?" The blonde questions as she removes the cap from the eyeliner in her hand. Amini nods and tilts her head back, looking up at the ceiling while the make-up artists carefully applies the liquid liner to her waterline. "Excited and nervous all together." She admits, blinking a few times.

"I'm sure all will go well." The blonde replies, applying a bit of blush to Amini's cheeks. "Are my eyelashes messed up?" Amini questions remembering what Hayden had told her before parting ways.

"No they're fine and so is your make-up."

"Okay thank you very much." Removing herself from the make-up chair, Amini looks in the mirror and tosses some of her hair over her shoulder and turns to the side to get a view of her outfit for tonight. "I actually look cute, okaay sis!" She says hyping herself up.

She looks over her shoulder at the blonde, "I'm sorry I get annoying at times." The blonde shakes her head waving her off. "No it's okay and you're right you look amazing, go enjoy your night."

Amini thanks her one last time before stepping out into the hallway that was now crowded. People were pushing and shoving one another just to get by being that the event was staring within the next five mintues.

"Where's Amini, has anyone seen Amini!" Lexis shouts as she scans the people backstage. "I'm right here Lex!" Amini shouts, squeezing her way pass the people nearly falling in the process. "Shit." She huffs while stepping pass two fairly dressed guys.

Once out of the crowd she inhales dramatically, "A bitch almost died." Hayden laughs at her and grabs her hand while Lexis stares at her. "We need to be on stage in like two seconds here." Amini takes her microphone out of Hayden's hand as he leads them towards the stage. "I look fine right?" Hayden looks over at Amini and watches her mess with her hair, messing it up instead of fixing it.

"Stop and relax, ma you look fine. Just remember your lines." Amini nods knowing that she barely got the time to remember them while getting dress in the backseat of the black SUV. "Please welcome Hayden Watson and Amini Howard." Releasing a shaky breath Amini grabs Hayden's arm as the two of them slowly walk out on stage. She glances up at him when they stop in front of the podium. Putting on the best smile she possibly could, she looks out at the crowd and waves at the crowd she could barely see due to the bright stage lights.

"Good evening, what's happening." Hayden speaks into his microphone as he waves at the crowd. "I'm glad all of you got here on time I'm telling you the traffic getting here was a hassle. LA traffic huh?" He chuckles, trying to bring life to the quiet audience. "Well, we're here to just give thanks and celebrate our success with one another right?" He questions looking down at Amini.

"Y-yes," She tosses some of her hair over her shoulder and brings her microphone to her lips. "I'm sure you all have something to be thankful for this year right?" She asks pointing out at the crowd getting a mumbled yes here and there.

"As you all should. I myself am very thankful for my family, my boyfriend who sadly couldn't make it and Hayden of course," She playfully hits his shoulder and laughs. "Although he gets on my nerves on occasion I am thankful for the friendship him and I have especially since I'm not use to any of this. I'm still learning my way around it all so just thank you all. Onto Hayden." Taking a step back she let's Hayden step in front of her only for him to grab her arm and pull her back beside him. "We're both the hosts." He whispers while looking out at the crowd.

"Well uh. I got a list of things to be thankful for actually and I don't want to bore any of you so I'll make it quick," He licks his lips before continuing. "I'm thankful for the big man upstairs, God." He points upward. "I'm nothing without him or his grace, that's a fact too. Uh I'm thankful for my team and everyone behind the cameras who help me stay grounded. I'm thankful for my mother as well as my beautiful wife and lastly, my partner right here, Amini. She throwing dirt on my name by the way but thats not the point."

"No, that's not true!" Amini protests.

"Yeah yeah whatever but I hope you all enjoy your night and have a good time, don't get too drunk now!" Grabbing Amini's hand, he leads the two of the off stage and backstage. "That was so awkward!" Amini stresses as she grabs a glass of champagne from a caterer. "You get use to it after a while you know." Hayden says with the shrug of his shoulders as he walks over to the fruit bar a few feet away from the two.

"I'm barely four months into the game you've been doing this for how long now?" Amini inquires, grabbing a handful of green grapes and tossing some into her mouth. Hayden finishes the piece of fruit in his mouth before replying to her question. "I started modeling at like seventeen, almost eighteen so you know I had to get over that stage fright but you did good, ma."

"I think I did alright bu- Amini!" The two of them look in the direction of where they heard her name being called and see Lexis."Here comes the wicked witch of the west." Amini mumbles taking a sip of her champagne as Lexis and a gentleman approach them.

"This is Aaron, your assistant." She furrows her threaded brows and looks up at Hayden then back at Lexis and apparently her new assistant. "What about my manager?"

"He couldn't make it tonight so he sent me. I'll be working with you whenever he's not around and if you happen to need me." Aaron replies leaving Amini to look at Lexis who stares back at her. "Oh well okay so what does this mean?" She asks Lexis.

Lexis shrugs her shoulders and laughs at her. "We'll have to leave that up to your new manager. I don't manager you anymore." Amini could tell by the tone of her voice that she was amused by her manger not showing up which led her to believe that she purposely did this. She already knew that Lexis was getting tired of her just as much as she was getting tired of her bossy ass ways. She was actually relieved that she was finally getting a new manger because the last month Lexis had put her through too much stressful shit and just the way she treated her was something she wasn't fond of.

"Can I talk to you for a mintue?" Aaron questions. Nodding Amini walks a few yards away from Lexis and Hayden to talk to Aaron in private. She purses her lips and looks at him as he drinks from of his glass of champagne.

"Is it safe to say that I'm not use to all of this?" He asks meeting her coffee colored eyes. Laughing, Amini takes a sip of her own drink and shakes her head. "No because same here, talking in front of all those people had me on edge but I'm okay now."

"That's good, you did amazing out there and I'm sure Jensen will enjoy working with you." He compliments. Amini smiles and looks over at Hayden who was having a conversation with Lexis, not understanding how he was able to even hold a conversation with a peraon like her.

"So like, are you going to be in charge of me when Jensen isn't around?" She trails off. Aaron instantly shakes his head no. "I am not." He states, tossing back the rest of his champagne.

"My only purpose is to assist you so I'll just remind you of your schedule and from the looks you will be busy really soon. Jensen is a straight forward business man but in a good way." Amini doesn't reply she just nods which causes Aaron's brows to furrow at the silence. He watches as she blinks a few times and stumbles back, quickly gripping her forearm, he pulls her upward.

"Woah," She laughs, "I think I've had enough champagne tonight." Aaron studies her as she balances herself out. Shaking her head she looks back at him and smiles, ignoring the headache from earlier that was coming back. She coughs and clears her throat which only makes her her head hurt even more but, she puts on a smile, ignoring it knowing how important the conversation she was having was.

"I'm on my third-" Aaron drops his champagne glass when Amini's limp body collapses in his arms. "Miss, miss." He mumbles gently tapping her cheek. "Can someone help me!" He calls out catching the attention of everyone backstage. Lexis and Hayden quickly rush over to them, helping Aaron hold Amini's body up. "What happened?" Hayden inquires.

"I don't know she was fine moments ago then she just fainted." Hayden nods and looks over his shoulder at the people surrounding him. "Y'all wanna call a medic or something, just standing around instead of helping!" He shouts. "Aye ma, wake up." He says gently tapping Amini. "How much did she drink tonight, she's probably drunk.' Someone says.

Hayden instantly shakes his head no knowing that Amini wasn't a heavy drinker. "She don't even drink like that just call a medic." He says calmly although his own heart was racing as she laid unconscious in his arms. "Her head is bleeding." Someone states. Hayden lifts her up and checks the back of her head. When he doesn't see anything he touches the right side of her head, seconds later he sees a crimson shade all over the palm of his hand. "Fuck." He says under his breath.

"Call a medic!" He yells looking around at everyone who was just standing there, not even trying to help. "Here take this." A woman from the crowd hands Hayden a damp cloth. He places the cool rag on her forehead and wipes her hot skin. "Is she okay?" Someone utters. "I don't fuckin' know just call the damn paramedics damnit!" Hayden snaps. "Y'all over here askin' motha fuckin' questions but not fuckin' helpin' one damn bit. She passed the fuck out but alla y'all just here to look and shit, do somethin' instead of bein' nosey fuckin' help!" His New York accent makes a quick appearance, causing the room to go completely silent until they all start scattering like roaches for help and anything to aid Amini until the paramedics arrived.

Roughly fifteen mintues later the paramedics find their way backstage and put Amini on a stretcher while they talk to a few people. "What happened exactly?" One of the medics asks Aaron. "I- Uh she just fainted. She was fine when I was talking to her a while ago then she just collapsed."

"Was the head injury before or after the fall?" The medic asks, taking down notes. "After," Aaron states. "When she fell into my arms I couldn't really hold her up so she hit her head on the ground."

"Do you know if she takes any medication or has a history of fainting?"

"No, I don't. I just met her." He admits.

"Okay well, we'll have to run some tests with her. Do you mind getting in the ambulance with he-"

"Nah I will." Hayden interrupts. "I know her pretty well and I think it's best if I go with her."

"What about the rest of our evening, who's going to host if the both of you are gone?" Lexis chimes in.

"Lex I respect yo hassle but she just passed the fuck out ion care 'bout alla that right now and you shouldn't either." Hayden states as he goes over to Amini who was slowly gaining consciousness.

---

He sits silently in the chair beside her hospital bed gently caressing the back of her hand. "Is she sedated or anything?" He asks the nurse keeping his eyes on her sleeping body.

"No sir, she was conscious on the way here but she was confused." The nurse in the corner of the bright room states.

"What exactly happened, was she dehydrated?" The phone call he received while in the middle of his class wasn't detailed enough for him. All that was said was that he should rush down the the hospital because Amini had fainted.

"You'll just have to wait for the doctor to be with you shortly." Quinten sighs but nods as he watches her exit out of the room. Directing his attention to his unconscious girlfriend, reaches forward and removes the strands of her hair out of her face, tucking them behind her ear. "I love you, moonlight I-" he looks down at her arm seeing it move slightly.

"Moonlight." A groan releases from Amini dry lips as she slowly opens her eyes, squinting due to the bright light. "Firefly." She mumbles looking over at Quinten.

"Are you okay, what happened I got a call and they said that you-"

"I don't know." She says truthfully looking around the hospital room, "Wait, I have to get back to the-"

"No, you're not going anywhere." Quinten replies.

"Babe, I have to ahh," She places her hand on her pelvis, whincing at the sharp pain running though the right side of her body. "Nevermind." She exhales laying her head back down on the stiff pillow. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. S-"

"Howard, my last name is Howard." Amini corrects, trying to pull her body up.

"What's wrong?" Quinten inquires looking over at the doctor. He looks down at his clipboard then back at the pair. "Well, Amini fainted due to." The doctor pauces and looks at his clipboard again.

"Due to what?" Amini questions.

"An ectopic pregnancy." Amini and Quinten look at one another then back at the doctor.

"What's that?" They ask in unison.

"An ectopic pregnancy is when the fetus developes outside the womb, usually in the fallopian tubes which is highly dangerous because as the fetus grows in the fallopian tube instead of the womb it can rupture which is exactly what yours did."

Amini's eyes well with tears as she looks at Quinten, his own eyes glossing over. "I-I-I wait wha-what does this mean, how does this happen what c-causes this, when did I get pregnant, is the baby okay?" She stutters, still trying to wrap her head around the news she just received. The doctor pulls up a chair nearby and sits it down at the foot of Amini's hospital bed. "Due to the fetus growing in the fallopian tube, No. There is no medical technology as of right now that can move the fetus to the uterus meaning that the fetus can never be born alive." Amini reaches for Quinten's hand, holding it tightly as hot tears blur her vision and run down her redden cheeks. Quinten uses the back of his hand to wipe his own tears and clears his throat.

"So what does this mean, will she be okay, what causes this and how can it be detected sooner than at last minute?"He asks the doctor.

"Well, she'll have to go through surgery to remove the fetus and affected fallopian tube. The cause of ectopic pregnancies aren't always clear but, they are linked to inflammation and scarring on the fallopian tubes from previous medical conditions, an STD or hormonal factors." Quinten purses his thick lips and looks at Amini who just stairs straight ahead, unresponsive. She was fully aware of what the doctor was stating but, she was too much in shock to respond or show any signs of awareness. The many thoughts and emotions running through her body wouldn't allow her to give a response but instead made her focus on being pregnant only to lose the unborn child.

"Ectopic pregnancies occur in one to two percent of pregnancies which makes it highly rare. They can be detected between six to twelve weeks of the pregnancy, from the tests that were run Miss Howard was a little over six weeks pregnant, almost seven. Miss Howard, did you experience any abnormal stomach pains similar to menstrual cramps or any vaginal pains.?" Amini slowly looks over at the doctor and nods. "Yes." She admits.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Quinten inquires. Amini remains silent instead of answering his question. She didn't have an answer, she figured that the pain was just a normal stomach ache or cramps, she never thought that it would be anything serious so she never addressed it.

The doctor clears his throat and jots something down on his clipboard. "She will need to go into surgery very soon, when would you guys like to schedule an appointment?"

"As soon as we can, do you have an ideal date?" Quinten questions.

"November twenty eight, two days from now." The doctor tells him.

"That would be fine, thank you." Once the door to her room closes Amini bursts into tears as her loud cries invade the hospital room "I'm sorry Quinten. I'm sorry, I'm s-so sorry." Quinten gets out of his seat and sits down beside her. Cupping her tear stained face. He removes her fallen tears with the pads of his thumbs as he fights his own. He was just as hurt and shocked as she but played it cool; right now his focus was only on her. He couldn't imagine the pain she was feeling and knowing that her pain was ten- possibly a hundred times more painful than his; he had to make sure that she was okay. He knew that she wasn't but his support was the best thing he could provide at this very moment. "You don't need to apologize baby, it's okay." He hugs her and pulls close to his body, tears stain his white button up as her muffled tears cause more tears to fill from his own eyes. "It's all my fault if, if I-I didn't g-"

"No, it's not I promise you that it's not, I promise. You had no way of knowing this or any control. S-stop blaming yourself, ple-please." He purses his lips together as she clutching onto his tear soaked shirt. The two them remain silent as he holds her; both their hearts were breaking and the fact that she tried blaming herself for it hurt him even more. He knew exactly what she was going to say but stopped her before those words slipped pass her lips. It wasn't her fault, like he said, she had no way of knowing it so she couldn't take the blame for it even if she truly believed that it was her fault. He removes his arms from around her body and cups her face. "Everything is going to be alright okay. We'll be alright, you'll be alright so don't worry." He knew that his words were no help to her let one himself but, that was all he could think of being that his brain was trying to process the fact that he would've been a newly father again. "I love you, deeply." He wipes away his fallen tears then her's. "We've made it through so much moonlight, we'll be able to make it through this." Amini tries to calm herself down but her sobs mixed with coughs prevents her from doing it, more tears fall from her eyes as she listens to Quinten. He was right, the two of them have been through many heartbreaking obstacles but was he right about them being alright after this one?

Would they really be alright?

●●●

Me running off before y'all cuss my ass tf out.

How are you guys feeling about this chapter tho?

~ soulsexual 💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.2K 47
(Y/n) Mustang, one of the youngest state alchemists and the adopted daughter of the Colonel, discovers that her empathy is much more powerful than an...
4.1K 289 16
Killing people is only acceptable if it's the right thing to do? It's okay to play God in this cold world of killing, rape, and crimes, right? No. Th...
3.6K 129 6
what will happen if 7 boys got kidnapped by 6 mafia bosses? Warning Smut curse words strong words
4.9K 81 18
Ever since Sonic started dating a hedgehog named Lily, Amy Rose had completely given up on love. That wasn't until her friend and rival, Sally Acorn...