We Believe

By USWNTworld

Sequel to 'Make You Believe Again'. Tobin Heath is in the middle of college. She's a young, popular and chill... More

Chapter 1: The Special Day
Chapter 2: Dream
Chapter 3: the WNT
Chapter 5: Missing
Chapter 6: The Call
Chapter 7: The Box
Chapter 8: The letter
Chapter 9: Song For Someone
Chapter 10: Mango and Vanilla-Mint
Chapter 11: This Time (1)
Chapter 12: This Time (2)

Chapter 4: The Past

722 14 1
By USWNTworld

Tobin's POV

"O'Hara. Press. This year. And for sure next year; Morgan. We've been watching her on the youth team since a while now. That's all I can tell you.", she whispers.

I can feel my face turn pale. O'Hara. Press. Morgan.

"Are you okay, Tobin?", she asks confused.

Morgan.

Alex Morgan.

How am I supposed to play on the same team with her again?

"Tobin?", Heather says comcerned.
"You look so pale- did I say something wrong?"

"No I- I-", I mumble and can't find any words.

"Do you want to tell me?", Heather asks and gives me a warm smile.

"Okay.", I say and take a deep breath.
"I know them, all three.", I whisper.

"But that's cool, isn't it?", Heather asks confused.

"It would be if I hadn't promised myself to forget them. Forget everything about my past. And it's been two years since I heard their names. That's why I got a little shocked.", I explain.

"Oh I see.", Heather whispers. "But you can see it like this; if you guys really meet again, here, on the team, it's probably meant to be like that, right?"

"I think so.. it's just that I promised myself that, when I meet them again, I'll give them a second chance.", I mumble.

"Well actually not them. Two of them did nothing wrong. But I'll give the third one a second chance.", I add.

"What did she do? What did she do that you completely erased her and your friends out of your life?", Heather asks confused.

"That's such a long story, Heather. Let's just say that she played her games with me and that she completely broke me. Which I thought was impossible back then, because I moved there and met her after my mom died, but she managed to make me feel even worse. She made me feel like the only girl in the world but also like a total fool.", I explain.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Tobin. And you seem so strong, just look how far you made it! I'm very proud of you, kid.", she smiles and puts her arm around my shoulder.

"Well thank you, Heather.", I smile back.

Ugh she reminds me so much of my mom.. she even talks like her a little..

I can feel tears filling my eyes and quickly wipe them away but it's too late; Heather already saw them.

"Heyyy it's okay Tobin. It's okay.", she whispers.

"I know, it's just- you remind me of my mother..", I mumble laughing.

"Aww Tobin. I think that she would be very proud of you, kid.", she smiles.

We talk about the practice again and as we are fully in our conversation, Pia suddendly stands right next to us.

"Tobin. I was very happy with the practice. And we came to a descision; we would like you to play at our next game in three weeks; just after camp.
Are you down to that?", she asks smiling.

"Are you- are you serious?", I ask, wide awake now, even though it's already dark outside.

"Yes I am!", she laughs.

"Of course I want! I'd LOVE to!", I say excited.

What a dream come true!

"Perfect. We'll talk about the details at camp. We're arriving soon at the campus, please be ready.", she says and walks back to the front.

I'm still in total shock.

  "Oh hell yeah!", Heather says laughing and gives me a highfive.

"Oh Toby. You legend.", Amy says and patts my head.

I turn around and Lauren and Amy are giving me huge smiles.

"The new kids will earn their first cap together!", Amy says amd we start laughing again.

"New kids forever, guys!", I say and grab my bag as we artive at the campus.

"See ya, HAO!", I say and walk to the front.

I turn around and say;
"Goodbye, y'all! See you soon!"

"Goodbye, Tobin!"
"Was a pleasure, Tobin!"
"See ya, Toby!"
"Until next time, kid!"

I walk down the stairs and enter the campus. I turn around and see the bus driving away. I wave and turn around to sprint to my building.

I almost fall in the stairs as I run up to my room.

I swing the door wide open and see Jade sitting on my bed.

"Tobin!!!! How was it? Were the others nice? Who did you meet? Did you meet Abby Wambach? How was the practice? Were they happy with you? Who's your bus buddy? Is she nice? Were they nice to you? Did t-", she asks without breathing a single time in between.

"Jade calm down!", I laugh while I unpack my bag and put my stuff away.

"So. It was amazing! I'm officially called up now!", I say smiling.

"I knew it!", Jade says proudly.

"And they were all very, very nice. I met Amy Rodiguez and Luren Holiday, my two old friends. We were best friends already when my mom was still alive and before I moved to Diamond Bar.", I explain.

"Oh that's so cool! So you're not the only new- new kid?", she asks.

"Yes!", I say and laugh at 'the new kid'

Dude if she knew.. I smile.

"And did you meet Abby?", she asks excited.

"Yes, I met her! And she was very nice.", I say.

"Oh I hate your for that, Tobin!", she says laughing.

"I know. And practice went very well too, everything I tried worked out. Every kick, every trick..", I say.

"I knew it! I'm so happy for you, Tobin!", my bestie says.

"And who's your bus buddy? Does that even exist, like in the videos?", she asks.

"Yes, you always get a bus buddy. Mine was Heather O'Reilly today and she was so nice. She reminds me of my mom..", I mumble smiling.

"Aw how cute! And so you're up for camp in two weeks?", she asks.

"Yes. And do you know for what I'm also up?", I ask Jade mysteriously.

"No? Tell me!", she says.

"For the next game.", I smile.

"No way! Oh my gosh! My bestie will earn her first cap!", she freaks out.

"Ugh Jadey. I don't want to be rude but I'm super tired. Can we talk tomorrow?", I ask.

"Of course. Sleep well!", she says and runs out of my room.

What a crazy little bean she is. I smile.

I get ready for bed and lay down.

I snuggle into my blanket.

I'm way too used to sleep alone..
It's been years since Alex and I cuddled each other to sleep..

I remind myself of my last night in Diamond Bar.

I can almost feel Christen wrapping me into her arms. I regret letting her go.
I regret letting them all go.

I wonder if she thinks of me sometimes..

AN: I will update daily now! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Free Solo By Alex

Fanfiction

688K 17.3K 114
Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and she's been gone for almost 4 years. Wha...
77.9K 1.5K 20
Tobin is in love with Alex. But Alex is in love with some pretty boy. Will Tobin ever win Alex's heart? Or will Alex hurt Tobin's? This story has b...
41.7K 554 18
If there's one thing Christen Press knows for sure it's that she wants Tobin Heath more than anything in the world. The only issues? Tobin is oblivio...
Qualifiers By B

Fanfiction

22.8K 453 25
Sequel to The girl