Chapter 1: The Special Day

Tobin's POV

It's 7am. Today is a day like every other day too here. But it's still a date that 'll never ever forget. Even when I want to and believe me, I tried to forget this day.
But on this day, four years ago, Alex asked me to be her girlfriend.
I wonder if she remembered the date too..

I get up and put a shirt, a pair of shorts and a snapback on.
I hate mondays, they're always full of bad news, mainly because you always get any news at the start of the week, and for some reason also full of weird subjects.

I leave my room, walk out of the huge building I'm living in and leave the campus.

"Ohh dang it!", I yell when I realise that I forgot my backpack.
What a great start into the day!
I run upstairs into my small room and grab my backpack that is hanging on the door.
As I sprint down again, I almost run into my best friend here, Jade.

"Tobin! Watch out where you going!", she says laughing.

"Uhh I'm sorry. Today is just NOT my day. Not at all..", I mumble.

"Why? Did something bad happen this morning?", she ask wondering.

"No, nothing serious I guess. I just forgot my backpack earlier..", I say, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"Oh come on. I feel that something's wrong. You never forget you backpack and your soccerbag, rub back to get the backpack and forget the soccerbag again!", she says giggling.

"Huh what? I didn't for- OH NO! I forgot my soccerbag. What the hell did I do to deserve a day like this..", I whine and run back, leaving Jade and my backpack alone on the campus.

As I get back to her again, she's waiting with a huge smile.

"You forgot sonething.", she say calm.

"No. Way. I. Did. Not!", I gasp.

"Yes you did, silly. You forgot that the nationals team scouts are coming today to tell us who they picked for tryouts with the team.", she explains with a huge smile.

"Ohh yeah right! I totally forgot about this! I was so nervous when they came to our game last saturday and now I forgot..", I remember.

"Do you think that we have a chance?", Jade asks as we get into the massive school building.

"I honestly don't know. There are so many talented girls out there. I wonder if they will pick Alex..", I mumble, realizing that I just said her name for the very first time again in two years.

I hope that Jade didn't hear me, but it's already too late.

"Alex? Who's Alex?", she asks confused.

"Uh nevermind. I gotta go to class, see you later at lunch!", I say and quickly walk into the opposite direction.

I already can't wait until this day is finally over. It started so bad and I have the feeling that it'll go on like this..

I daydream as I walk into class. Algebra. What a great monday morning.

I'm still dreaming about how bad this day is going to be, as I suddenly hear my name.

"Tobin Heath please to the principal's office! Tobin Heath please to the principal's office!"

Oh what a day, I sarcasticly think as I get up.

"What did you do this time, Tobin? Did you win another price?", my teacher says laughing.

As the captain, I usually get called into the principal's office when my teams wins something and since that happens quite often, he's used to it.

I grab my stuff and leave. I walk down the endless seeming hallway until I finally get to the office.

I wonder what it is this time..

I knock on the door.

"Come in", I hear the voice of my principal, Mister Ravey.

I open the door.

"Hello Mister Ravey. You wanted to talk to- ", I start but am unable to go on with my sentence, since Pia Sundhage, my coach Hilie and an other woman are standing right next to mister Ravey.

"H-hello coach, Mrs Sundhage and-", I mumble.

"Dawn. Just call me Dawn.", says the woman next to Pia.

"You must be Tobin, right?", Pia says now and streches her hand out. "I'm Pia."

"Y-yes that's me.", I say, having my voice still not fully under control.

"Take a seat, Tobin. We would like to talk about the last game and about your future.", coach Hilie says and points at an empty chair.

I quietly sit down.

"So, Tobin. We are here todaybwcause we would like to talk about what for a future you imagine.", principal Ravey explains.

"Okay.", I take a deep breath. "My biggest dream is it to go on playing soccer. I would love to tryout for teams, trying to find my 'home' in a club, or-", I hesitate for a second "or in the nationals team. It's my dream since I'm a little girl. And I'm working very, very hard for it."

"We saw that. You did an insane job last saturday. And your coach confirmed that you play like this every game.", Pia says.

"Plus you're healthy. That's very important if you want to go pro, but we see that you are eating and working out after a specific plan. Good job!", Dawn enchains.

"What we want to say, Tobin, is that we all see a bright future ahead for you. You've got the talent, the attitude, the will to sacrifice everything for your dreams.", coach explains.

"That's right. Tobin. I see you as a future national player. You have the creativity that we miss at the moment. We need young and talented people like you. During the last months, we were looking for three young, talented and creative players that have the fire inside of them to light up the whole team again. We already found two, after searching through the whole country. And now, we hopefully foubd the third one.", Pia says and I can't believe what I just heard.

They really want to call me up for the national team?

That's so crazy.

"But it's kinda funny that all three are originally coming from the same small town..", Dawn says.

The same town? Did they call up any of my old friends?

"Tobin- are you ready to be third one? The third new kid that will bring back the passion and love for the game to our team?", Pia asks again.

I take a deep breath.

"I-

AN: how do you like the new book so far?
And what do you think will Tobin answer?
Stay tuned for the next chapter tomorrow and don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!