Chapter 10: Mango and Vanilla-Mint

Tobin's POV

I feel her hand on my shoulder, but I'm unable to move.
I know it's her.
I just know it.
But I'm too afraid of what I'm going to see.

I decide to stand up, still not turning around though.
I take a step to the side, away from the bench.
Still not turning around.

"C-christen?", I can barely say because my voice is shaking so hard.

"Toby.", I hear a whisper behind me.

"Turn around. I want to see you."

I take a deep breath. The deepest breath I ever took.

I close my eyes and slowly, slowly turn around.

I still have my eyes closed as I smell a breeze of mango.

Her smell.

I've been craving this smell since two years.

"Open you eyes, Toby. Just open your eyes.", she whispers and more mango makes its way towards my nose.

I take a deep breath, again.

My stomach hurts and I can feel every limb of my body, my heart aching and my sould craving to see her lovely face, but my head telling me that I shouldn't.

It feels like I'm being strangled as I open my eyes and gasp for air.

Eyes. Green eyes that are looking right through me is all I see for a second.

Eyes that I've been craving to look into for so long.

My eyes are slowly wandering and I finally, finally see her lovely face.

Her perfectly shaped eyes with her flawless eyesbrows and her cute little nose.. but her smile, her beautiful smile that I've been craving to see more then anything else on this planet.

Her ponytail is curly as ever and falling on her perfectly shaped shoulders that I've been longing to wrap my arms around for so, so long.

Christen's POV

Eversince the girl I've been craving to see turned around, I've been staring at her like an idiot.
At her lovely face, her beautiful eyes..
I can feel tears running down my cheeks as I keep looking at her.

We just stare at each other for around five minutes, both unable to find any words.

I slwoly take a step closer to her.

Every single part of my body is longing to wrap her in my arms, press her against my body and never let her go again.

My lips are craving so kiss hers.

But my head keeps telling me no.

She hurt me so, so endlessly much.

She can be lucky that I'm still here, alive, standing in front of her today.

Finally, my heart wins and I feel like she had the same struggle going on in her head.

We wrap our arms around each other.

Body against body.

Heart against heart.

Two hearts that have been apart for so long.

I rest my head on her shoulder as I feel hers on mine.

I try to say something, but my head is empty, in a total loss of words.

And she seems to have the same problem.

"Beautiful girl.. I missed you..", she finally whispers and I can barely hear it.

A smell on vanilla and mint flies towards me.

I even forgot how good she smelled.

I instanly feel the need to make that smell stay, make ut part if my life again, part of my nights again.

In the moment I smelled it, I knew that I will be addicted to this smell for a lifetime.

"I even forgot how good you smelled..", I mumble, failing at trying to keep the words in.

"Mango smell has been haunting me eversince..", she mumbles and burries her head deeper in my shoulder, so that I can feel her lips toughing my neck.

I have to control myself to not let a moan out, I've been craving this feeling for so long.

Tobin's POV

I press my lips against her skin that is way too soft for me to handle.
I wish we could stay like this forever.
For a lifetime..

"Chris, babygirl.. can- can we talk?", I mumble.

"Yes, Toby.", the beautiful girl whispers back.

We finally let go of each other's body and decide to sit down on the bench.

She takes my hand.

I even forgot how gorgeous her hands are..

"Please listen to me before you say anything, okay?", I ask softly and she nods.

"Alright. I- I read your letter friday night. And it's been haunting me eversince. I know that there is no excuse for what I did. I was a total asshole. I should've never ever let you go again. Today I know that and I regret leaving so much. But back then, I was too stupid to realize how lucky I was to have a girl like you. I wanted to get over Alex and I didn't get that I could get over her without leaving. I also could have gotten over her if I stayed. But it's too late now and I'm truly, deeply sorry for what I put you through. I don't know if I could've made it if I was you and I am so, so endlessly sorry. For everything. I-", I want to go on my I can't because my voice is so shaky and the tears now streaming down my face are taking over.

"Toby.. I accept your apology and-", Christen starts saying with a soft voice but I interrupt her.

"No. I tried to get over Alex and her selfishness and what did I do? I became just like her! I made the same bitch move as my ex fiance and ruined it all over again I- I- I've been practicing all day, now the words I meant to say are gone.. I-", I mumble and realize that I just started saying the lyrics of Christen and my favourite song; this time by Melanie C.

AN: part two coming soon!
Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!!!