Chapter 8: The letter

Tobin's POV

Little did Tobin know what she was about to read..

I slowly open the letter..

Dear Tobin,

whenever you reading this.. I hope that you are okay. I hope that you achieved everything that you wanted to achieve.
I hope that you found true love and happiness.
That you are living a good life.
With all it's up and downs.
I hope that you know what you did.
Leaving us all behind.
Leaving me behind.
I will probably get over it one day, but now-
now I am broken.
You are leaving in two hours and I already know that I will miss you like crazy.
I hope that I gave you something to remember.
All the laughs we shared..
The up and downs we went through together.
The heartbreaks we went through together..
You lost Alex and I lost Julie.. and our two broken heart shared their pieces and connected us forever..
I will always remember you, Tobin.
You are such a lovely, caring, nice, sweet and cute person and you deserve the best.
Somebody who can love you better then I could.
Whoever she is.. I hope she will love you as much as I do and even more.
I know that your heart belongs to Alex and it always has, but what we had was special.
I never felt so save and loved my entire life.
It is different with you, Tobin.
It has always been.
Even though I am totally heartbroken, I understand your descision.
I just hope that you will carry on.
Remember me.
Tobin- I don't know if I can do it without you.
I don't know if I can live without you..
I pretty sure I can't.
I am so sorry..
I don't know if I will ever get over you..
You deserve the best.
And I am sorry that I couldn't make you stay.
Please- don't forget me.
I beg you- carry on.
Oh Toby..
I don't know if I can do this..
I am probably not here anymore when when you are reading this..
Forgive me, Toby..
I will always love you.
A way that I never loved Julie or anybody else..
You are always in my heart, Tobin.
Even in death my love for you will go on.
I will always carry your picture and your memory with me.
Oh Toby..
You are my everything and I hope the best for you.
And even if I porbably won't see you play for the nationals team because I most likely won't survive without you.. I know that you will be up there one day, on the top of the soccer world and I truly hope that I can join you one day..
If I shouldn't, I will wait for you up there until you will join me, after a hopefully long, happy and amazing life.
Carry on, Toby.
Because I will do.

Christen

I almost can't read the last words because tears are streaming down my face.
I can feel my view fading and Ali wraps her arms around me.

"Shh Tobin. It's okay. She's okay.", she whispers.

"She- she wanted to take her l-life because- of m-me..", I mumble, trying to control my shaking voice.

"But she didn't. And she's happy to see you soon, Tobin. It's okay.. she's fine.", Ali tries to calm me down.

"I- I'm such an asshole. I- I could have had it all.. I-", I mumble but my voice gets so shaky that I can't go on.

"You only realize how much something means to you when it's gone.. in this case when you're gone. Tobin- you have to make it up to her again. She clearly still cares about you. And you do too. You two will be fine, Tobin. I promise.", she whispers and gently rubs my back.

"I hope that you're right..", I mumble and still stare at the letter in my shaking hands.

"I think something fell out of the envelope, Tobin.", Ali says and points on the empty seat next to me.

"Oh you're right.", I mumble and grab the little piece of paper.

Always.

Is written on the back of- a picture?

I turn the paper around.

I was right.

It's a picture of Christen.

A tiny little picture of her lovely face.

I start crying all over again.

I put it in the back of my phonecase.

"I'll always carry you around..", I mumble.

Just as I want to put the letter back in the envelope, I can feel something else inside of it.

"You're full of surprises..", I mumble and take out a tiny little earring.

It's a beautiful silver earring.

"She's full of surprises, your Christen. You made a good choice back then.", Ali smiles.

"It's hers..", I mumble. "She has the other one.."

"Can you help me put it on?", I ask her.

"Of course.", she gives me a warm smile and puts the earring in, right next to my other one.

"That looks very cute.", Ali smiles.

"Thank you..", I smile back.

"I don't want to lable anybody, but from what I heard until now, Christen seems so different to Alex. She's so cute and loving and caring. She'd never hurt you and she loves you more then anybody else; even more then herself. She seems really special..", Ali mumbles.

"I know. She's so sweet and so endlessly caring. And I don't know what it is about Alex, but I feel for her head over heels. From the first day on. She just has something about her that makes her irresistible.. but that with Chirsten was inevitable..", I mumble.

"Oh wait- you'll get to know her soon. Both of them. And the  you'll understand what I mean. What makes Alex so irresistible and Christen inevitable.", I remember what Heather said.

"What? Why should I get to know them?", she asks confused.

"Morgan. Morgan and Press. Heather told me that they'll be called up. Press in a few months and Alex in over a year.", I say.

"Oh that's them? Alex Morgan and Christen Press? Wow.. that will be interesting!", Ali says a little confused.

"And O'Hara. My best friend from back home. I always knew that they'll take it far.", I mumble.

"Wow. That honestly took me by surprise.. that will be very interesting! And I hope that you will get over your past when they're here..", she whispers.

"Ali.. thank you so much for listening and caring. I'll always be thankful for that!", I whisper.

"Of course, Tobin. We're a team. I'm always here for you. And thank you for letting me be a part of this hard step that you took.", she smiles.

"Thank you. I'll always be there for you when you need something. But I guess we should sleep now, right?", I wisper.

"Yes. Ash probably wonders where I am..", she whispers and we get back to our places.

AN: plot twist! Will Tobin choose Christen once they meet or will she wait for Alex?
Please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!!!!!!!