Chapter 12: This Time (2)

Tobin's POV

"All I know is that this parc is not for stupid kids like you.", I say and turn to Christen again.

"What? What did you just say? How dare you fucking bitch!", the tall boy spits and grabs me by my shirt.

"Don't touch me. Leave me alone or you'll regret it.", I say harshly and make him let me go.

"Or what? You'll- beat me up?", he and his friends are laughing like idiots.

"Come on, Chris. We're leaving.", I say and give her a smile.

She grabs my hand and we start walking away from the bench and the guys.

"I'm a little scared, Toby..", Christen whispers in my ear.

"Don't be, I'm here.", I whisper back and she squeezes my hand a little.

"I was talking to you, loser!", the boy yells again, now grabbing me by my ponytail.

I can feel my blood boil.

Enough is enough.

I let Christen's hand go and turn around.

"What is wrong with you? I told you to leave us alone. Don't you have better things to do?", I say harshly, trying hard to control my anger.

"Yeah but you dykes are out in- public. You are basically begging to get beat up.", he smirks and grabs Christen by her wrist.

"Don't you dare touch her.", I spit, almost not able to control my anger anymore.

I grab his arm, make him let Christen go and stand up in front of her.

What happens next happens so fast that I don't even realize how it happens.

All I feel is a fist crashing into my head.

A warm liquid is running down from my eyebrow and that's when I finally lost control.

I did judo for nine years when I was younger, and I exactly remember all the moves to take somebody down without hurting them.

I make my favourite move and it hits the guy by surprise; he immediatly lands on the ground, first confused, then surprised.

He keeps laying on the ground, staring at me like he just saw a ghost.

I take my chance, grab Christen by the hand and walk away.

I hear the boys talking behind us, but they finally stopped following and insulting us.

"Oh Toby. Y- you- you're my- my hero.", Christen whispers in my ear as we walk out of the parc.

"I just can't stand it when somebody I care about gets touched and insulted..", I mumble, touching the cut on my eyebrow.

We decide to go to the next café to talk more.

We ordered our drinks and I decide to go clean my cut.

"I don't have any tissue or something like that though..", I mumble.

"Me neither..", Christen says.

I look around, trying to figure out a way.

Then, I suddendly see her; Pia!

She's sitting on an empty table, looking out of the window.

As if she knew that I was looking at her, she turns around and immediatly remembers me.

She stands up and walks over to us.

"Well well, who do I see here? Ms Heath and- Christen? I haven't seen you for AGES! Come here!", Pia says excited and pulls Christen, who is completely surprised, into a big hug.

"H-hi Pia. How do you know Tobin? And since when are you back in chicago?", she mumbles, gasping for air since Pia held her very, very tight.

"Since monday! And I've been driving Tobin to the parc earlier this afternoon. What are you guys doing here?", she says and sits down.

"Long story..", I mumble.

"How do you know Christen though?", I go on.

"Her sister is my best friend. We don't see each other that often but she's my favourite person.", Pia smiles.

"And now tell me your story, guys! I wanna know how my best friend's sis and the mysterious girl I drove today met!", she goes on and laughs.

Christen and I look at each other and she nods.

"Well, as Tobin said; it's a long story. Let's just say that- we've been inseperable for a long time and-", Christen stumbles, trying to find the right words.

"-we got lost on our ways, spending two years apart without-", I go on and take a deep breath. I still feel very guilty that I left her alone for so long.

"-hearing from each other.", she finishes my sentence and gives me a small smile.

I can feel a sence of relief and let out a little sigh.

"Well today is the first time we met again.", I say and finish the story.

"You seem to have an- interesting past. Well what a coincidence that the three of us meet here.. and I- Tobin! Your eyebrow! What did you do?", she suddenly says and reminds me of the reason my I looked around.

"Oh yeah right. I was thinking of a way to clean my cut..", I mumble and realize that I just thought out loud.

Christen giggles as she sees the little shock on my face of speaking out loud.

"She defended me in front of some homophobic douchebag.", Christen says with shining eyes and a huge smile.

"They just pissed me off.", I blush and Pia laughs.

"I see I see. There's more about you two that you didn't tell me. You 'inseparable' cuties."

"Well let me see if I can help you with the cut..", she goes on mumbling as she searches through her bag.

She takes out a little first&aid kit and gives it to me.

"Oh thank you so much!", I say and get up, making my way to the bathroom.

"Wait I'll help you Toby!", Christen says and walks towards me.

We go into the bathroom and she grabs me by my waist.

"Chris what are you-", I start but she just sits me on the sink.

"Shh.. chill Toby. I won't do anything.", she laughs and rolls her eyes while opening the first&aid kit.

She grabs some stuff and starts cleaning my cut.

I groan a little, trying to hold back my tears since it honestly kinda hurts..

Then, my phone suddenly rings..

AN: hope you guys liked pt 2 of this! Stay tuned for more and also for some #talex drama!
Please VOTE and COMMENT!!!!