Chapter 9: Song For Someone

Somebody's POV

The USWNT landed in chicago two days ago. They were training very hard the last day so they have a day off today.
The newest addition to the roster, Tobin Heath, is sitting on her bed in her and Whitney Engen's hotel room.
Since two hours she's trying to figure out what she's supposed to wear.
She finally decides to put on an olive green shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans.
The girl puts her long brown hair in a messy bun and decides to brush her teeths for the third time this morning, making sure that her breath smells good.
Today is the day she'll meet Christen Press again, her old friend and lover who she has left behind two years ago.

Christen herself is sitting on her bed, on the other end of chicago.
She's all ready to go, wearing a light blue shirt with dark gery jeans.
Her beautifully curled hair is pulled up in a ponytail.
She's stand up in front lf her mirror, practicing all the words she'll say.

Today's the day she'll meet Tobin Heatb again, her old friend and lover who has left her behind two years ago.

It hasn't been an easy journey for Christen, in fact, two years ago she hadn't even dare to dream about seeing Tobin ever again.
She was so sure that she will end up taking her own life away and now, two years later, she's standing in front of her mirror, looking at herself and thinking about what she'll say when she meets her in a few hours.
It was a long journey for her, full of pain, harm and sorrow. She kinda got over the fact that she made herself feel so miserable because Tobin left, but the scars on her body remind her of what she went through.
She went through so much that she's sure that she'll make it through today.

Tobin's POV

"Tobin! Tobin Heath! TOBIN WHAT THE FUCK!", Amy yells.

"AMY! You scared the SHIT out of me!", I whine, almost falling out of my chair.

"Tobin! If you want to be on time, you should have left ten minutes ago! GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP YOUNG LADY!", Amy goes on yelling.

"Okay okay, MOM!", I yell back and jump out of my chair.

"I'm going!", I mumble.

"Young lady. You're about to get your girl back! A little more excitement and dedication, please!", Amy says, trying to act all serious and mature.

"Amy. First, she's not MY girl. Second, I'm not going to 'get her back'. Third, I'M HELLA FUCKING SCARED TO PLEASE, please leave me alone now.", I mumble and head out of the lobby.

I put my earphones in and put some music on as I wait for the taxi that I just called.
I've never been to chicago so I have no clue where that goddamn parc is.

After a few minutes, the black cab arrives.

"Hello young lady. Where are we going today?", the driver asks as I sit on the backseat.

"Um I'm supposed to meet a friend at a parc here but I've never been in chicago before and I also don't know what it's called.", I explain.

"Oh I know. Chicago parc- here we go.", the lady smiles.

After a few minutes of driving, she asks me some stuff.

"What's your name, young lady?"

"Tobin.", I say.

"Tobin.. a lovely name! It sounds so familiar.. oh and I'm Pia by the way.", she smiles.

"Well hi then, Pia.", I smile back.

"And what brought you to chicago?", the woman goes on asksing while running her hand through her shoulder long, brown hair.

"I'm here with my soccer team for camp, we have a match coming up next weekend.", I explain.

"Oh a soccerplayer! How cool! I love women's soccer. It's just- so much more passionate!", she says excited.

"That's for sure!", I laugh.

"So you're here for camp in chi- oh wow wait a second. The nationals team is on camp in- chicago too! And they have a match next weekend- don't tell me you're one of the new kids on the roster! Heath? Is that your last name?", she asks all fired up now.

I can feel my cheeks turining red.

"I-it is.", I nervously laugh.

Pia looks in the mirror directly at me.

"I knew that your face was familiar to me! Tobin Heath.. I'll be watching you next weekend. The captain of my family's favourite college team is going international.. I'm proud!", she smiles.

"Thank you for all your support, Pia.", I smile.

"Always!", she smiles back and looks at the road again.

Always.. the word that's been haunting me eversince Christen last said it..

"Well.. here we are- chicago parc! What a pleasure to meet you, captain Heath.", Pia says after a few more minutes of driving.

She pulls into an empty cab parking place on the other side of the street and stops the motor.

"May I get an autograph of you?", she mumbles and blushes a little.

"Sure! If you really want one..", I mumble a little surprised and get out of the car.

Pia opens her door and hands me a little piece of paper and a pen.

For Pia, the nicest driver and biggest supporter on earth. Tobin Heath

I hand her the paper and the pen back and smile as she blushes.

"How much do I owe you?", I ask, trying to look at the little numbers on her display.

"I forgot to put my contactlenses in..", I add as an explaination and search my glasses in my backpack.

"Nothing. Nice people like you go for free. Have a good one, Tobin. Until we meet again sometime soon", she smiles.

I give her a surprised but big smile.

"Until we meet again, Pia! Maybe at the next game! Was a pleasure!", I say and she drives away.

I cross thw street and walk into the parc.

Oh damn it- I forgot to ask WHERE we're going to meet.

And the parc is HUGE.

I walk through a few paths and get distracted by the intense green trees.

I let my music play again.

Song for someone by U2 comes up and it instandly reminds me of Christen.

As the line 'and there is a light- don't let it go out' comes on, I sit down on a bench underneath a japan sakura tree with cherry blossoms hanging down over my head.

As the song is finished, I feel a warm hand tapping on my shoulder..

AN: double update today! Stay tuned for the next chapter and don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!