Chapter 4: The Past

Tobin's POV

"O'Hara. Press. This year. And for sure next year; Morgan. We've been watching her on the youth team since a while now. That's all I can tell you.", she whispers.

I can feel my face turn pale. O'Hara. Press. Morgan.

"Are you okay, Tobin?", she asks confused.

Morgan.

Alex Morgan.

How am I supposed to play on the same team with her again?

"Tobin?", Heather says comcerned.
"You look so pale- did I say something wrong?"

"No I- I-", I mumble and can't find any words.

"Do you want to tell me?", Heather asks and gives me a warm smile.

"Okay.", I say and take a deep breath.
"I know them, all three.", I whisper.

"But that's cool, isn't it?", Heather asks confused.

"It would be if I hadn't promised myself to forget them. Forget everything about my past. And it's been two years since I heard their names. That's why I got a little shocked.", I explain.

"Oh I see.", Heather whispers. "But you can see it like this; if you guys really meet again, here, on the team, it's probably meant to be like that, right?"

"I think so.. it's just that I promised myself that, when I meet them again, I'll give them a second chance.", I mumble.

"Well actually not them. Two of them did nothing wrong. But I'll give the third one a second chance.", I add.

"What did she do? What did she do that you completely erased her and your friends out of your life?", Heather asks confused.

"That's such a long story, Heather. Let's just say that she played her games with me and that she completely broke me. Which I thought was impossible back then, because I moved there and met her after my mom died, but she managed to make me feel even worse. She made me feel like the only girl in the world but also like a total fool.", I explain.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Tobin. And you seem so strong, just look how far you made it! I'm very proud of you, kid.", she smiles and puts her arm around my shoulder.

"Well thank you, Heather.", I smile back.

Ugh she reminds me so much of my mom.. she even talks like her a little..

I can feel tears filling my eyes and quickly wipe them away but it's too late; Heather already saw them.

"Heyyy it's okay Tobin. It's okay.", she whispers.

"I know, it's just- you remind me of my mother..", I mumble laughing.

"Aww Tobin. I think that she would be very proud of you, kid.", she smiles.

We talk about the practice again and as we are fully in our conversation, Pia suddendly stands right next to us.

"Tobin. I was very happy with the practice. And we came to a descision; we would like you to play at our next game in three weeks; just after camp.
Are you down to that?", she asks smiling.