Chapter 2: Dream

Tobin's POV

"I- I would love to.", I say.

I can feel every single part of my body.
Every single emotion I ever felt.

Two years. I waited two years for this moment. In fact, I waited my whole life, but the last two years I dedicated my whole life to soccer. More than I ever did. I tried to stay clear from any drama, I tried to move on, tried to forget my past.
And it was worth it, so endlessly worth it.
I worked up to this moment so hard, and now it's finally here.

"Perfect. Welcome to the team, Tobin.", Pia says smiling.
I try to hold back my tears and smile back.

"Here's your shedule. With all practices and stuff.", Dawn hands me a folder.

'First practice: monday, 6pm'

"T-that's today..?", I mumble.

"Yes, that's today.", coach Hilie says smiling.

"Wow..", I mumble completely stunned.

"Tobin. Since you have a lot of soccer now, we also changed your school shedule so that you don't miss anything.", Mister Ravey says and also hands me a folder.

"I know that it's a lot, Tobin. But you will get used to this new life very fast I think. And isn't this what you've waited for your whole life?", coach asks.

"Exactly. But- I didn't wait for it. I worked up to this.", I say, full of determinantion.

"I'm so ready for this.", I add.

"Perfect. Camp is in two weeks. Today is your first and only practice until camp; it's always hard to get all players together because y'all live all across the country.", Dawn explains.

"Our bus will wait at the campus as 4pm, since practice is a few towns further. Please be ready on time.", Pia says.

"I promise!", I say excited.

"Now, Tobin, it's time to get back to class. Tell your teachers where you've been when they ask.", Mister Ravey says.

"Okay.", I say and walk to the door.

"We'll join you Tobin.", coach Hilie says and they walk to the door aswell.

"Goodbye, Mister Ravey", I say and we leave the office.

"Goodbye", say the others.

"Well, Tobin. What class do you have now?", Hilie asks.

"Uh algebra.", I mumble.

"Well then; have fun Tobs!", he says laughing.

"I will definetly have- fun.", I laugh.

"Goodbye Pia, Dawn, coach.", I says as our paths divide.
"See you soon."

"Goodbye Tobin! See you this evening!", they say.

I turn around and walk down the still endless seeming hallway back to my class. I start sprinting as I realize what just happend.
I made it.
I got called up.
My dream is just about to come true!
I make a little jump out joy as I arrive at the door. I knock on it.

"Come in!", my teacher says.

I take a deep breath, try to look calm and open the door.

"Hello I'm back.", I mumble as I walk back to my table.

"Welcome back. We're doing exercise 13 on page 17.", he expains and I open my book.

I'm even motivated for maths now, I'm so happy.

While our class is quietly working, my teacher walks up to my table and knees down next to me.

"Did your team win again?", he asks.
"You seem to hide your emotions."

"Actually", I whisper because I don't want the others to hear "the nationals team coaches were here."

"Oh did they call you up?", he whispers back.

"Yes. My journey starts today already.", I explain quietly.

"Wow. That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you. I don't understand a lot about soccer but you must be very good at what you do. I wish you the best of luck, Tobin!", he says, get's up again and walks back to the front.

I'm so excited.

Timeskip to lunch

"Nationals team? Seriously?", Jade asks again for the 100th time. She still can't believe it either.

"Yes. It's so crazy. And uh- I should probably tell you about my past and what I said earlier. Because I feel like it's all going to catch up to me again now.", I say, still having in mind what Dawn said about the other two mysterious girls. I wonder who they are  and if I know them.

"Yes who is Alex? And what 'past'? I know that you're from Diamond Bar and that you moved here for college?", she asks confused.

"Yes. But I'm originally not from Diamond Bar. My father and I moved there when I was 16 because my mom died and we wanted to move on. But after all, it only got worse. I fell for a girl whose boyfriend used to beat me up. And people always say 'like the father, so the son' and that was true too. After countless fights with him and the girl, Alex, I also found out that my mother's murderer is actually his father. It was a huge fight and my father completely left my siblings and me alone with the drama. And to sum it up, Alex and I had a relationship that was not very typical. And let's just say that she ended up breaking my heart again, even when we were engaged. That's why I wanted to move on. Start a new life. Leave all of this behind.", I explain.

It's been two years since I talked about this with somebody..

"Wow wow wow. Hold up. You got engaged, faught a murderer and basically live your whole life already in three short years and you never told me?", she says.

"I'm sorry! But I went through so much in this city. I just wanted to forget about all this.", I explain.

"I get that, Tobs. But I never noticed anything of that. You have no pictures in your room, you never talk about the people you mentioned, you don't even have them in your phone! No hint about all this until today!", she says.

"Jade I know.. and I'm sorry! I should've told you. But today is also the day when Alex and I first met, one year later today, she asked me to be her girlfriend and another year later, we got engaged. All on this date.", I explain.

"Oh Tobs. I'm sorry. And I am so, so happy for you that things seem to fall into place for you now. I'm proud of you, Heath. Honestly proud. And get me a picture of Abby Wambach tonight okay?", she says giggling.

"I'll try", I laugh. "Thank you for understanding."

"Always.", she replies.

"Ohh I gotta go now! My class starts in two minutes!", I yell and grab my stuff, leaving Jade alone with her lunch.

I head to english class.

National's Team.

What a dream come true.

AN: here's the second chapter! How do you like the book so far?
Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!