Hidden Secrets

By carnationflower4

Another resounding 'bang' filled the area as the group watches the lifeless corpse fall on the ground. Colorf... More

Chapter 1 - It's almost time...
Chapter 2 - Preparing to counter
Chapter 3 - Please be safe...
Chapter 4 - Havoc
Chapter 5 - Too Easy?
Chapter 6 - An Unexpected Encounter?
Chapter 7 - Meeting New People
Chapter 8 - Explanation
Chapter 9 - Surprise?
Chapter 10 - Nigou
Chapter 11- Tour
Chapter 12 - Havoc in the Locker Rooms
Chapter 13 - Training
Chapter 14 - Games
Chapter 15 - Invation
Chapter 16 - Escape
Chapter 17 - Other self
Chapter 18 - Haizaki
Chapter 19 - Meeting
Chapter 21 - Reunited (part 2)
Chapter 22 - Safe, for now
Chapter 23 - Upcoming Meeting
Chapter 24 - Preparations
Chapter 25 - Separation?
Announcement
Epilogue

Chapter 20 - Reunited (part 1)

1.2K 51 23
By carnationflower4

Gunshots and the people's panic-stricken screams were the only thing to be heard inside the area.

He moved fast, not wasting any time to stop and give the opponent any opportunities to attack. Any form of pity and hesitation was left discarded, deep within his very being.

He takes a short glance at the only male fighting with him, a male with silver-white hair and blank eyes, just to make sure of any possible traces that could lead to their defeat.

Afterall, they were currently being outnumbered, and any sort of mistakes and distraction can easily turn into their defeat and even worse, death.

But even through this circumstances, the boy was calm and collected. He could also say the same with the other, as they both moved around the area, like an elegant dance, where audiences couldn't help but watch.

Nigou leans to his right, successfully dodging the bullet that was aimed towards him. He raises his gun and shoots back, as the bullet lands at a man's chest.

And that's how it goes, endlessly firing at the enemy with hopes that they would lessen their number. However, about an hour had already passed by, they were still surrounded, and the group slowly grows bigger. It seems that the enemy was entering through the area and both males decided to block or hold them off, since they were the only ones who witnesses the infiltration, but they soon realized that they were already trapped within their growing numbers, and were forced to fight.

Being held back, the boy was starting to feel the slight anxiousness bubbling up inside of him, realizing that he and his companion, Mayuzumi, was running out of ammo. They still had their daggers with them, and it can serve as their second option however, with the enemy's increasing number and the need to exert more physical movements in fighting with the dagger can be a risky move. It would surely limit their time and stamina to fight.

They needed immediate help, and they knew this. Both males had actually requested for back up a couple of minutes ago, but the group has yet to arrive. Still, both males tried their best in fighting, believing that their comrades would be showing up pretty soon.

Another gunshot was heard, and the boy drops his gun and replaces it with his dagger. Yes, the feeling of regret and apprehension was slowly gaining it's way in the boy's heart. He silently chastised himself as to why he didn't grab a spare of ammos.

He swings his knife towards another man, ignoring the latter's resonating scream. The small raven head takes a short glance at Mayuzumi, who also started to use his own dagger. Their eyes met for a short while, as a silent conversation passed between them, before both males returned at defending themselves.

They didn't need to ask what the other was saying. Afterall, their looks of growing desperation was enough to make them understand.

With every movement the boy takes, he finds himself panting, the sounds of his rugged breath growing louder and louder, as the feeling of fatigue now spreads throughout his body.

They needed to escape, immediately at that, but there was no way they can just let the enemy do as they please. So they stubbornly stood their ground and fought.

The boy suddenly caught a blur of light blue in the distance, which momentarily made his guard down. 

'bang!'

A bullet made its way towards the small raven haired, and the latter was too caught up to even notice.

"Oi!" 

Someone shouted at a distance and Nigou soon finds himself being pushed towards the grounds, effectively dodging the bullet just in time for it to only graze his cheek.

"Geez..." came a grunt from the teen beside him, and watched as the other quickly stood up. 

"You know, if you want to be gravely injured just because you were distracted, at least do that with someone else because I don't want to have another hour of sitting just to listen to your father's annoying scolding due to your mistakes" Mayuzumi says, making the boy scoff and recover from his earlier trance.

"Well nobody asks you to help me" the latter rebutted back while standing up to brush any non-existent dusts from his shirt.

"That's it? Not even a single thank you?" The silver haired teen looks at the boy with disbelief and irritation. "I just saved your life and this is what I get? This is why I hate stupid, arrogant people!" he mutters, forcefully stabbing another man approaching them, and Nigou joins him to fight back.

"Why would I? I don't need to thank some selfish teenager"

"What?!"

Both males started glaring and spewing insults at each other, while the feelings of fatigue and anxiousness were temporarily forgotten.

Their relationship wasn't exactly the best and peaceful kind, as both of them rely too much on their prides, and it didn't help how they have quite similar personalities. The first time Nigou joined the organization, he trusted no one apart from his father and soon gaining trust towards Ogiwara, but Mayuzumi was no exception. Well, the other could say the same thing as he immediately abhorred the boy once he learned of the other's arrogant nature.

The bickering stopped when they heard a chuckle from the distance, and both heads soon finds themselves looking towards a smirking Ogiwara and Kuroko.

"Told ya they'll start to fight" the brunette says, as he playfully nudges the sighing teal head beside him.

"Otou-san!" Nigou exclaims, his eyes starting to sparkle with delight. Mayuzumi clicked his tongue in annoyance, but upon a closer look, you can see the slight look of relief hidden within his impassive facade.

The newly arrived pair then joins the fight but not before giving both males a gun each and some spare ammos.

Just as a new fire has been lit up inside of them, the group found themselves more confident, and with the new members of the group, they quickly discarded all the remaining men.

"Shit! They're moving so fast!"

"Dammit, who the hell are they?!"

"M-monsters!"

The screams of men filled the entire area and soon, the small group found themselves winning the battle. The remaining group of armed men then decided that it now was the best time to retreat, and fled away.

The sounds of heavy footsteps and shouting were soon fading away from the distance as the small group of teenagers them glanced at each other in victory.

A pair of arms latched themselves around the tealette, making the latter smile as he ruffles the hair of the boy below him.

"It's good that you're both safe and sound" teal eyes met silver ones and Mayuzumi scoffs, directing his eyes somewhere else.

The brunette chuckles at the latters cold behavior and began patting his shoulders. "No one's gonna like you if you continue being like that, Mayuzumi-senpai~"

"Let them think what they want, I don't care" the silver head replies back, swatting Ogiwara's hand in the process.

"Uwah! How rude..." the brunette pouted. "Sometimes I wonder what Mibuchi-senpai sees in you" mumbled Ogiwara. A pair of silver eyes narrowed at the statement.

"Don't bring Reo in this conversation"

"But I was just saying the truth!"

The tealette exhasperately sighs at their childishness before he gave both males a jab to their sides.

They both ended up laying on the floor while writhing in pain.

"We don't have any time to waste. For now, meeting Kagami-kun and the rest should be our top priority, especially since Haizaki had found their appearance"

Nigou notices the tealette's knuckles turning white and curling them into a fist, as he mentions the last line. For a split second, he catches a glance of the teal passer's eyes momentarily flickering into a dark shade of blue.

'Never let them go... not again...'

The thought hunted Kuroko's mind as he started running towards the others' location, with Nigou and two limping teens following behind.

---Author's Note---

I'm sorry for the delayed chapter!! 😣😣😣

Urgh! This is just the part one of reunion so I'll be updating the next one by tomorrow or the day after, (No promises) but I think that the plot is lagging behind and nothing interesting is happening. Also, I'm missing out on some akakuro action and I apologize for that. I'm trying to let everything simmer down before letting that happen...

😑😑😑

Anyways, thank you for taking your time to vote, comment, and supporting this story!

-Carnation

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 161 21
short stories of matt and chris sturniolo
913K 20.9K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
19.8K 474 28
[ON GOING] Hinata Shoyo also known as "Sunshine" is working at the cafe called 'Sunrise Roast Cafe'. It is also owned by his parents and decided to p...
9.5K 229 15
(Discontinued) Hinata shoyou the cold student council president. Kageyama tobio a kind and shy intelligent student. What happens when the cold ginger...