Teach Me How To Kiss {Wattys2...

By Whines8

Mia Harper is a 19 year old girl on her summer break from college. She is very shy and self conscious about h... More

prologue
Chapter 1 Party Invitation
Chapter 2- the things you can learn at a party
Chapter 3- getting to know you
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5- First Date
Chapter 6- First Kiss
Chapter 7- First Make Out, Turns into First Hickey
Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt
Chapter 9- First Boyfriend
Chapter 10- First Intimate Touch
Chapter 11- Invite to Meet the Parents
Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1
Chapter 13- The Dinner Guest: Part 2
Chapter 14- The End of a Long Dinner
Chapter 15- Jacob's Surprise
Chapter 16- Lauren's Sunday Morning News
Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1
Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2
Chapter 19- Just Being Nice
Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1
Chapter 21- Reassurance part 2
Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1
Chapter 23- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 2
Chapter 24- A Memorable Saturday Night part 1
Chapter 25- A memorable Saturday Night part 2
Chapter 26- A Memorable Saturday Night part 3
Chapter 27- A Memorable Saturday Night part 4
Chapter 28- First Time
Chapter 29- The Morning After part 1
Chapter 30- The Morning After part 2
Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1
Chapter 32- Everything was perfect part 2
Chapter 33- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 1
Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3
Chapter 36- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 4
Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5
Chapter 38- A Night of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 6
Chapter 39- The End Of Summer

Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2

25.2K 629 9
By Whines8

Hope you like this is another part to the whole entire ("A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions" chapter) So please dont be made if nothing has happened yet. lol Also sorry for the wait. If you guys follow me then you know that my charger to my Mac went out and I had to order a new one. Well I have a new one now lol so everything is up and running again. Just thought Id let you guys know that. ANYWHO>>> Yeah please dont get upset if you think this chapter is boring the will be another one coming with more happenings lol. 

ENJOY!!!!!! Whines8

OOOO also (I almost forgot) I am in the process of editing my story A BROKEN HEARTED GIRL for all who have not read that story please give it a try its a SHORT STORY and a quick read and it was my VERY FIRST story I had ever written. Its a COMPLETED story and very close to my heart. For many reasons ( One being that I took what happen to me in high school and the things that I went through and created this story) NOT EVERYTHING that happened in this story happened to me but some things did and I wrote that story to bring light to BULLYING and all the things that come with that and to show people how it affects the ones they torment. Also I added this story shows that you can also find love even in the worse of times. 

OKAY sorry for that but please go check it out if you havent already. Its been on Wattpad for a while but I never really advertised it before. Give it a chance and see if you like . Okay on to the update. lol **SORRY** FOR MY RAMBLING.

*************************************************************************

Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2

Coming into one’s own… Over the years I’ve heard this phrase said as many times as there are meanings for it. But never have I thought myself to be someone who could honestly say that phrase in reference to myself. 

I never really understood what that phrase meant, to be honest I never really gave it any real thought as to how a phrase like that could ever be related to me. Until now. Standing in front of my floor length mirror gazing at myself, I finally understood exactly what that phrase means because as I looked over myself, over my dark hair that was now placed in a elegant up-do, my smiling face that was currently illuminated by the suns setting rays pouring in through the open curtains of my window and over the dark navy blue, one shoulder floor length gown, I felt like the phrase related to me completely now. 

And it wasn’t my outer appearance that made me come to this conclusion. No, actually had nothing to do with my outer appearance at all, instead my conclusion had everything to do with the way I felt and the confidence and maturity that I could see as I stared at myself in the mirror. 

This summer, being here with Lauren and experiencing new things and finding Jacob, it has made me realize who I am. I can truly say I have come into my own this summer. The shy, self conscious girl that arrived in Virginia Beach at the beginning of the summer was long gone and a self-assured, more bold girl who’s not afraid to put herself out there and be loved has taken her place and I couldn’t be more thrilled. I never wanted the old Mia to come back she wasn’t who I wanted to be and to be perfectly honest, I don’t think the old Mia was ever really who I was to begin with. I just think I was too afraid to show my true self. But that has all since changed now and I was going back anytime soon. 

I smoothed my hands down the sides of my dress as I turned from side to side looking over my appearance one last time. Tonight was a big night for many reasons, one being it was Jacob’s mother’s Charity event and the most important being that this night marked the end of summer. It was a reminder of what I dreaded the most and that was leaving Jacob. But other than the bitterness of the night, there was also a sweetness to this night and that started and ended with Jacob. I’d be able to spend the little time I have left here in Virginia Beach with him and that’s all that mattered right now and when this evenings festivities are over Jacob and I will spend the rest of the night together just the two of us.

Just as I turned away from the mirror, Lauren walked into my room grinning widely, “Look at you,” she said as she placed her hands on her hips and looked me up and down, “Jacob is not gonna know what to do with himself.”

Laughing I shook my head at her, “You look great too Lau,” I said as I took in her appearance. Lauren was wearing a dark red off the shoulder floor length gown that had a deep low V-neckline. Her blonde hair was pinned over to one side and cascaded down her shoulder in deep waves.

“Lookin’ to catch someone’s eye tonight?” I said jokingly before silently kicking myself for saying that once I saw her smile falter just a little before she quickly pushed her wide smile back on her lips and playfully rolled her eye’s, “Not even, I don’t need to catch anyone’s eye…they’ll already be on me,” she said making both of us laugh. 

Suddenly our laughter stops when a few knocks come from the front door, “That’s the guys you ready to go?” Lauren asked.

I nodded as I walked over to my dresser, “Yeah let me just get my clutch and I’ll be right out there.”

“Alright I’ll go let them in,” Lauren said before leaving my room to answer the front door.

Picking up my clutch from the top of my dresser, I gave myself one last gaze into the smaller mirror over the dresser before walking out my room and into the living room. 

Lauren was just opening the door for the guys when I walked in and once I saw Jacob, I stopped in my tracks at the sight of him. My breath caught in my throat as my eyes raked up and down his body taking in his all black tailored three piece suit accented by a deliciously fitting black button-up and black tie. As my eyes traced their way back up to his gorgeous face, his ocean blue-green eyes locked with mine and my knees almost gave. He was absolutely beautiful to me… and he was all mine. 

I hadn’t noticed him walking towards me until he was standing right in front of me, a smile spread across his face, “And just when I thought you couldn’t get any more beautiful, you go and prove me wrong,” he said before placing a soft kiss against my cheek, “I don’t think I’ll be able to keep my eyes off you.”

Looking at him with a wide smile of my own I wrapped my arms around his waist, “Maybe that’s a good thing,” I said teasingly making Jacob chuckle as he brushed a wavy lock o hair away from my eye, “It’s a very good thing.”

Moments later we all were piled in Jacob’s car, and on our way to our destination for the evening.

*****************************************

By the time we arrived at the event, the sun had disappeared, turning the hot day into a warm summer night. We pulled up in front of a two story light yellow building, its structure square and wide. The building was surrounded by an oversized parking area that was now cluttered with cars. As we stopped in front of the entrance of the building a valet was waiting as we exit the car. After Jacob gave his keys over to the man he took my arm and slipped it around his own.

We follow the line of guests walking in front of us inside the building, once we step inside my eyes widen at the beauty of the place. I had to admit, Jacob’s mom really out did herself and I could tell she spared no expense. The first thing that caught my attention was the two story wall that was made up of windows at the far end of the room. The unmistakable view of the bay almost took my breath away as my eyes took in the scene and the long thick balcony lined with round decorated tables just added to it. 

We stopped next to an enormous open staircase that was at the front of the entrance hall. The stairs separated off into two directions that both led to the second floor where I could see a bunch of elegantly dress people being served drinks and hors d'oeuvres by men and women dressed in white and black uniforms.

The floor we were on was set up for a banquet and was filled with long rectangular tables decorated with white table clothes and sea blue accents. The long tables were encased by white upholstered chairs, while the center of the tables were decorated by tall glass vases filled with white and light blue flowers.

“This is really nice,” I say more to myself then anyone else, but Jacob hears and turns to me smiling, “Yeah, my mom really goes all out for these things,” he said with a shake of his head.

“What is going on up there?” I ask gesturing towards the second floor, where everyone seems to be heading to.

Jacob glances up towards the second floor as well before answering, “Oh, that’s where the auction will be held,” he said before leading me to a tall table that was placed next to the bottom of the stairs. The table held a leather bound guest book to which Jacob began to sign before turning to me and smiling as he handed me the pen, “Your turn.”

Taking the pen, I also signed my name before handing it over to Lauren behind me. Once we were all signed in, Jacob took my hand and we walked fully into the banquet area. As soon as we rounded the large staircase, my eyes became wide in excitement as I took in the view before me. As if the beauty of the entire event wasn’t enough I was surprised to see the wide body of water that was visible through the floor to ceiling wall of windows that took up the entire back wall of the banquet room. It was a gorgeous sit to look at and before I knew what I was doing, I had maneuvered through the finely decorated table and over to the big wall of windows to get a closer look at the bay that was just below the wide balcony of the building. 

The small hanging lights that lit up the wooden balcony, which was lined in small round tables covered in soft white table clothes and dinnerware, had cast just enough light to hint to the dark water crashing below making it look like a scene out of a romance movie. 

“Maybe I’ll take you out there once all this is over later on,” Jacob said suddenly as he wrapped his large arms around my waist from behind and kissed my cheek. 

Twisting around to face him I inner circled my arms around his waist before smiling up at him, “I would love that.”

Jacob’s smile grew wider as he kissed the top of my head, “Let’s go catch up with Derek and Lauren, they’re already upstairs.”

Nodding my head, I let Jacob lead us back to the huge staircase and up to the second floor.

And as it seemed, as soon as my high heel hit the top of the stairs, Jacob’s mother had zeroed in on us. I watched silently beside Jacob as his mother made her way over towards us, a big bright smile gracing her lips, with none other than Gabby following along side her.

Giving a deep sigh, I tried to brace myself for the nights events while silently telling myself that everything would be okay as I pulled myself up against Jacob’s side a little more. 

Jacob raised his hand to greet his mother, once he noticed her coming towards us with a wide grin on his lips. Taking another deep breath, I decided to follow suit and greet her as well. ‘I can do this’ I told myself as the two women stopped in front of us.

Jacob’s mother immediately pulled Jacob into a hug, “Jacob dear, I was wondering when you would get here. You look wonderful,” she said as Jacob hugged her back. 

“Thanks mother,” Jacob said and as they went to pull away from each other, Jacob’s mother’s eyes locked with mine and her smile turned into a sneer before quickly returning to the bright smile she wore only moments before as she stepped back from her son. 

In that moment, I knew everything was NOT okay. I could clearly tell she that she didn’t want me here and I had a pretty horrible feeling that it was only a matter of time before she made that fact known to me. This night was going to be a long one and I just hoped that by the end of it my pride and integrity would still be intact… and most importantly my relationship. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 14.1K 52
Ivy knows it's time to return to her childhood seaside town to battle the demons of her past. Two years away from her friends, family and the beloved...
4.1K 313 30
Harper Gregory just wants to graduate and get out of the picture-perfect suburb of Westbrook, Minnesota. She's tired of pretending to be the perfect...
11.6M 515K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
163K 3.6K 24
Isabelle Mason is just your normal teenage girl who wants to have the summer to herself, instead her mother sends her off to a summer camp that she t...