Unleashed

By PrettyRandom

Annabelle Aconite, the daughter of a Sheriff, always knew there was something off about her. From her strange... More

Prologue
Nightmares
First Day Of School
Pebbles
Requested
Douchebag
Bientôt
First Warning
Worried
Games (Long)
Unexplained
Rodeo Drive
Murdered
Trust (Long)
Gem
The Fall (Long)
My Brother the Jerk
Midnight
The Tracks (Long)
Movie Date (Long)
Morning of...
Seniors Party
"Wake Up!"
"Stay Away From Harry."
Silver Lining
Drawings
Followed
Let's Go Camping!
Red
Marshmallows
Meet Me
Revealed
Aftermath
The BBQ
My Slice of Heaven
Monday....
Pictures..
Proverbs (Long)
Breathless (Long)
Lost (Part 1)
Lycanthropy (Part 2 of Lost)
Feu
Meanings
Legendary Lovers <3
Close to Home
Unexpected
Visitor
Elements
Tarot Cards
Girls in White
Invitation? (Long)
Guess Whose Over For Dinner (Part 1 Long)
Falling Star (Part 2 Long)
Recruiting
Go Big or Go Home
Halloween (Part 1 of 3)
0 to 100 Real Quick (Part 2 of 3)
Mystery Guy (Part 3 of 3)
Breakfast
Your Eyes
Something New
You asked I've answered :) (Author addition)
"I Knew"
Surprise!
Starlight
Chest Pains
Twister
Linda (Part 1 of 4)
Fireproof (Part 2 of 4)
Illusions (Part 3 of 4)
"Symbolism and Meanings" (Part 4 of 4)
Purple and Grey
You Asked I've Answered Part 2!!!!
Lies
Mimicking
Ask Them
Dreams
"Bon coneur ne peut mentir"
Off To The Cabin (Part 1)
Hints
Icing
Muddy Dark Blue
Drinks and Those 3 Words
Changes
Shadows
Naughty Dreams
Your Father Is...
Filling in Some Blanks
Questions
House Pop Ups
Coward
What are you Going to Do?
Two Wolves
Heated Touch
You asked Again and I've Answered!
Reaching for him Mentally
All hell Breaking Loose
Lighting and Thunder
White Lights and A Wolf?
NOT AN UPDATE
Legacy
Character Questionnaire
!!!!!Untamed!!!!!
Printing Books?

étincelles

23.4K 739 153
By PrettyRandom

French meaning for the title is Sparks

“Anna,” says Miss Jackson as I walk into the class.

“Yes?” I say.

“Have you heard from Harry?”

I shook my head.

“Hmmm, he has missed class all of this week. Usually he is here or would stop by, but lately he hasn’t even done that.”

I shrug, “I haven’t heard from him see the weekend. I saw a friend of his on Monday, he said that Harry was ill.”

She nods, “I received and email from his guardian a couple of days ago saying that one of his boys would pick up his work so he wouldn’t fall behind.”

“Which boy did he says would pick it up?”

Picking up her tablet she says, “Liam, Liam Payne.”

I laughed, “Liam doesn’t even come on this side of the school, so I highly doubt he would pick it up.”

Miss Jackson shakes her head as she says, “If I make a packet for him, do you think that you can take it to him?”

“I uh,”

“It’ll mean a lot to me, considering that it is work that is needed for you group work.”

I sighed as I said, “Uh, sure, I’ll head over there after school.”

“Great, I’ll have the packet ready for you by the end of class.”

Nodding I say, “Okay,” as I look back down at my paper to finish sketching.

It had been a week since I last seen Harry in my backyard, and about a couple of days since I say his crew at school. I wanted to call him, I felt like I needed to, but every time I picked up my phone to call, something told me not to so I stopped. Pinching the bridge of my nose I took a deep breath trying to regain focus on what I was drawing. It was supposed to be of a typical house, but it was turning out to look more like a cabin, a cabin that looked familiar.

The end of class bell rung as Miss Jackson hands me a dark green folder, “Thanks you again Anna.”

I nod, “No problem.” As I clean up my drawing stuff, grab my bag, as I head out.

Leaving straight from the class I could spot Taylor out the corner of my eye, and I didn’t feel like dealing with her today so I turned going down the opposite way and headed to the parking lot.
A handful of students were scattered in the parking lot, some were leaving for the day, and some were grabbing there sporting gears. Making a beeline for my car I tossed my stuff to the back and hopped in.

-----------------

I hadn’t remembered exactly were Harry lived, yet I hadn’t exactly forgot. I could remember land marks, not road names, and the close it was that I drove to his house, the more warmth seemed too crept down my spine. I still hadn’t realize why that happened, but when I actually thought about it, it only seemed to happen when Harry was near, which I thought was completely weird. Pulling up into huge driveway I parked behind what I assumed was Lily’s red car and got out. Grabbing the dark green folder I closed my car door and stared at the house, the place was huge. Walking to the door I glanced over to the fountain as I headed towards the door. Taking a deep breath I knocked 4 times, and waited.

A minute passed and when there was no answer, I knocked again.

A couple minutes passed and there was still no answer.

Giving up I went to turn and walk do the steps when I hear something.

“Hello?” I called out.

No one answered.

Shrugging I went to walk to my car when a sharp pain shot down my arm and I dropped the folder. Holding my arm to me I rubbed my shoulder as my wrist starts to burn. Looking down I noticed that the silver faint paw print was on my wrist again.
“What in the hell is this?” I asked myself as something off in the trees caught my attention.

“Wolfy?” was my first thought until I say it’s eyes, they were a faint yellowish brown, the same as the dog that was with Lily had, only it wasn’t a dog it look more like a wolf standing there in the woods.

Sitting there staring at me, the wolf stands from its sitting position as it turns slowly and begins walking off. Looking around I followed in the direction it went. If my brother had of been here he would have called me stupid, but hey I had a thing for wild animals that I couldn’t explain. Weaving in and out of trees and bushes I looked up at the sky as I begin to hear a faint sound of rushing water.

We’re near a stream. I thought as I kept walking.

“Were are we going?” I asked the wolf even though I knew it couldn’t respond. Turning around it looked at me as he holds his mouth open painting as he barks.

“Must be close.” I say as I continued to follow.

We had been walking for about 15 minutes and even though I was tired the warm sensation grew the closer we got to the stream. All of a sudden the wolf looked up at me, bark and ran off.

“Hey wait!” I yelled as I hear leaves shuffling behind me.

“Whose there?”

Turning around I saw a figure standing near some rocks as I walked through the trees.

“Pebbles?” says Harry baffled to see me, “What are you doing here?”

Looking around I said, “Well apparently I was lead here.”

“By who?”

“Your dog, or wolf.”

Harry shakes his head cursing under his breath as he says, “Why are you out here?”

“Miss Jackson said that Nick told Liam to come pick up your work so you won’t fall behind in class, and since he didn’t show she asked me to bring it.” I say as I hold out the folder.

Harry looks at me for a minute before reaching out his hand to take it.

“Thanks.” He says.

I nod, “No problem.” Motioning back towards his house I say, “I should go.”

He nods, “You should.”

Turning I went to walk off.

“But I’m not asking you to.”  He says.

Stopping I turned and looked at him, “What is wrong with you?”

“What do you mean?” he asks.

“This hot and cold thing you got going on is annoying. First you act like you want me around then you don’t, then you act like you like me, then you act like you can’t stand me. I mean make up your mind because this is exhausting.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” He smirks as he leans against a rock.

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever Styles.” I say as I turn to leave.

I made it a few steps as he says, “Pebbles wait!” running behind me I stopped as he says, “Before you go, I need to see something.”

“Need to see what?” I ask.

Opening his hand with his palm up as he looks at me.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“There has been a few times where I have touched you hand and I have been shocked with energy beyond compare.” Shaking his head he says, “I need to know if I’m imagining it or not.”

I laugh, “Are you psychotic?”

“Maybe.” He says as he says, “Come on.”

“No,” I say as I backed up.

Pulling his hand back he says, “So let me get this right, last week we were both hit with something unexplained and now you don’t want to see what it was?”

“Harry ever since I met you something has been happening that has been unexplained, I’ve just chalked it up to the fact that I am insane and probably need to be locked up.”

Harry laughs, “Just give me your hand.”

I looked at him like he was crazy, “No,” turning I went to walk away when harry grabs me.

“What are you-“ I stopped as my hand started burning.

The climate around us changed. The wind picked up as the smell of autumn swirled around us. I opened my mouth mesmerized.

“What’s happening?” I asked.

Looking around at the scene before us Harry shakes his head, “I don’t know.”

A shocking feeling passed through me as are surrounding turned dark and I began to smell smoke.

“What’s on fire?” asked Harry.

I shook my head, “It’s not what? It’s more like who.”

“What?” Harry asked as he looks at me.

I shook my head as I pulled away from him, “No not now.” I mumbled to myself.

“Pebbles?” I hear Harry say as if he was miles away instead of in front of me.

I ignored him, trying to force myself to concentrate on what was in front of me.

“Pebbles.” I hear him say. His voice sounded as if it was in my head, “Relax and follow my voice.” He says.

“I can’t.” I say out loud.

You can, just follow my voice and relax.

Taking a deep breath I breathed in and out slowly as Harry kept talking.

That’s it, just follow my voice and come back to me Pebbles.

I could feel myself calming down as the smell of smoke seemed to fade.

“There we go.” He says.

Opening my eyes I look at him as I say, “How did you do that?”

“Do what?”

Shaking my head I say, “I’ve never been able to shake that feeling off so fast, once it comes its comes until it finishes.”

“What comes?”

I went to answer when Harry looks up and over my shoulder, “You need to get out of here.”
“What?” I say shocked.

“Look Nick isn’t a big fan of yours right now so I don’t think its best it you see him right now.”

“But my car,”

Cursing under his breath he says, “Give me your keys and I’ll bring it to your house later.”

“And how am I going to get home?”

Harry cursed again as he looks up at the sky, “Considering that you walked out here, I don’t think you would opposed to take a trail back home?”

I looked at him, “I don’t know my way from here to there.”

“It’s easy,” he says, “Take this trail all the way down till you see a huge Tree surrounding by boulders, once there make a right, keep going until you see a small stream, make a left and you’re at your back yard.”

“And you’ll bring my car later?”

He nods, “Yes, but you have to go now.”

Nodding I hand him my keys as I turn to leave. Standing there watching me, Harry waited until I down the trail before he turns and runs off.

--------------- 

Following the trail as Harry tells me to I made it to my backyard with a 10 minutes, but I was completely surprised when I saw Daniel and Carter standing there. Playing catch and not paying attention I figured I could talk the long way around, but stopped when I heard someone call Daniels name. Looking up I saw Taylor sitting on my tire swing.

“Daniel, I’m bored.” She says.

“Not my fault, you didn’t have to come.” He says.

“Well didn’t want to sit in the house.” She says.

“Again not my problem.” He says as he throws the football to Carter.

“What in the hell are we going to do about your sister?” says Carter

Daniel shrugs, “I don’t know.”

“I mean what does she see in this Styles kid? He isn’t even good looking.” Says Carter.

“He looks better than you.” Says Taylor.

“You were saying that when you were on your knee’s last summer.” Says Carter.

“I was drunk, sue me.” She says.

Tossing the ball back in forth Daniel says, “Anna’s not like this, she just doesn’t latch on to someone like she is doing him.”

“You obviously don’t know your sister as well as you think.” Says Carter.

“Whatever, she’s a freak we all know that.” says Taylor.

“Hey!” snaps Daniel, “I told you to stop calling her that.”

“Well she is.” Mumbles Taylor as she stands up, “Enough about your sister we need to talk about the camping trip coming up.”

“What’s the plans?” ask Carter.

As they start talking about plans for the camping trip I took the long way around to the front of the house. Unlocking the door I quietly made my way upstairs to my room as I closed the door.

Picking up art supplies I left out from the night before I still had no understanding what the hell happened in the woods. Sitting on the edge of my bed I went over every possible thing that could be an answer and just thinking about it sounded crazy. Laying down I started at the ceiling till I got tired, glancing over at the clock as it read 5pm I figured that if Harry didn’t bring me car tonight that he would bring it in the morning, and if my parents asked I would tell them I let Charlotte borrow it, considering it wouldn’t be the first time that, that has happened.

Why did I even trust him with my car? I thought to myself.

Rolling my eyes I closed my eyes I drifted off to sleep.

--------------

Hours passed, I heard my door open a couple of times and I faintly remembered my dad asking where was my car, lucky he believed that Charlotte had it. At around midnight warmth crept up my spine, making me squirm as I tossed and turned in the bed. Rolling to faces the window I blinked a few times when I thought I heard someone calling my name. Standing up I walked to the window and looked out to the woods as I noticed a shadow standing there. Harry I thought as I ran and grabbed my shoes and a jacket as I snuck outside. Walking down the stairs and into the woods I only went a few feet before a hand grabbed mine.

“Don’t you know it’s dangerous to go into the woods at night?” he says.

“Look who’s talking.” I say as I turned around and faced him.

Standing there wearing a crew neck sweater, jeans, and beanie, the light shined down on Harry making his eyes seem more sliver like then green.

“My car?” I ask.

“On the street, did really want your parent’s waking up to head lights or an engine running.” He says as he hands me my keys.

“Thank you, they would have freaked.”

“No problem.” He says.

We stood there for a second before he says, “I know you want answers to what happened today, and I can’t give them to you. Until then I need you to keep what happened between us.”

“So you’re admitting that something did happened?”

Harry says nothing.

“Fine,” I say as I run a hand over my wrist that was beginning to throb, “Continue being secretive. I won’t tell anyone.”

Nodding he says, “Thanks.” he went to turn to leave but stopped as he says, “And I’m sorry about what happened with you and Liam.”

“Sorry? He almost killed me.” I say.

He nods, “He tends to listen to the bullshit that Nick says.”

“Bullshit that Nick says?”

He nods.

“So Nick is blaming me for you catching colds?”

Harry bites his lip, “Ehh, yes and no.”

I looked at him.

“But you don’t have to worry about it anymore, he won’t touch you again.”

“Oh really?” snapping my finger I say sarcastically, “And here I thought I was going to be able to use my first restraining order against him.”

Harry shakes his head and I could have sworn he smiled, “Goodnight Pebbles.”

“Goodnight Harry.” I say as I turned and head back inside.

Heading back upstairs my wrist still throb as I looked down. I could no longer see the Sliver paw print but for some reason I knew that it was still there, but what I didn’t know was why it was there.

SOOOO quick question! How did you all hear or come across this story?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880K 24.3K 104
How can I, Emma Parker, possibly fall into the arms of my best friend, Harry Styles, if I can't even tell him the most crucial and defining parts of...
20.7K 574 16
[a harry styles fanfiction] - werewolf!harry ▪︎ ▪︎ The man put every other man she'd ever known to shame. None of them even came close to comparing...
1.3M 38.4K 60
***completed*** NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON Harry Styles. The strange one. The freak. The one who was too kind for his own good, trapped in a world where...
2.6K 69 11
Although orphaned at an early age, caused so much trouble for anyone who knew her, and was always moving onto the next place not caring about who she...