Someone Like Him

By nessa129

We all have someone who is hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of him, we will always feel a li... More

Someone Like Him (e)
Chapter 1(e)
Chapter 2(e)
Chapter 3(e)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32(e)
Chapter 33(e)
Chapter 34 (Last Chapter)(e)
Epilogue
NESSA ANSWERS QUESTIONS

Chapter 10

35.1K 1.8K 630
By nessa129

WARNING: this book is filled with *but not limited to*: horrible plot, grammar/spelling mistakes, bad writing, and much more.

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 10

~Enjoy~
-------------------------------

He leads me towards a bench, and next to the bench are...

Two bikes?

I stop and turn towards him. "Is this what we're doing for our date?" I ask him. I don't want to say anything rude, but if it is, it's not that creative, in fact, I thought he was going to do something bizarre.

"No way. We are riding these to this place," he says laughing.

"Well, where is this place?"

"A place where you'll get your butt kicked by me," he replies. My face pales.

"Wait, like literally?"

"Oh gosh no, I'm taking you to laser tag," he says, trying to suppress a laugh, but failing miserably. I quickly blush. I must look so stupid right now.

"Well, actually, I think you're going down because I'm the best at laser tag," I say, even though I actually suck. I got last place the last time I went, but no one needs to know that.

"Haha, yeah. We'll see about that."

I walk over to the bike and put the flowers in the basket on the bike. I glance over at him and he is already looking at me.

"Ready?" I nod and we slowly bike away. Laser tag isn't too far away from school, so we race each other there.

__________

"Hah, beat you here. Wait until I beat you at laser tag too!" I say, jumping around excitedly.

"Yeah, yeah. You only won because I'm such a dime and let you win," he says, trying to act all cute. I stick my tongue at him and we both make our way inside.

The place is packed with teens and young kids. Anthony grips his hand in mine as we weave through the crowd of people to go to counter, where he pays for our tickets. We get into the small room and secure the suits that we had to wear. I hold out my gun and point it at Anthony.

"You're going down."

He smirks and then pulls me into a tight hug.

"We'll see," he whispers in my ear.

The bell then rang and I quickly escape his grasp, running away from him. I pretty much sprint up a building and find a corner with a small open window that can look down on the ground level. I see a few kids walking around so I quickly shoot lasers at their shoulders. Their whole suits turn red and I find it quite hilarious how they look around to see who shot them, dumbfounded.

I then stop laughing when I see Anthony walking down there and I try to stay as quiet as possible. I stable my laser gun at him and press the trigger, which shoots him. I watch him look around, and before I can duck or hide, he catches my eye and smirks. And the last I see of him is him running full speed up the building towards me.

I glance around and try to find a new place to hide, so I quickly start to run away from my hiding spot. And before I realize it, I run into someone hard since I was looking back. I topple over him and we both fall on the ground.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sor-," I hear him shoot me, making my suit flash red.
I glance at his face and it was none other than my date.

"Gotcha," he says, laughing.

I squeal and quickly get up, trying to run away, but of course, he is on the football team, so he catches up pretty quickly. After about a few steps, Anthony rushes up in front of me, picks me up, and throws me over his shoulder.

"Anthony, put me down! I'm not done playing. I have to beat you," I yell at him. He continues walking but after about a 10 second walk, he sets me down and I'm pinned against a wall.

We're both breathing heavily and I wonder if I was too heavy for him. His hands are pressed on the walls and I am in between them.

We are less than a feet apart.

"Anthony-," he cuts me off.

"No, let's just stay like this." He comes closer to me and rests his forehead on mine.

He would glance at my eyes a few times, but he keeps his eyes closed for the majority of the time. I see him lean forward a bit more and feel his arms around my waist.

I've never been kissed before, but I'm pretty sure we are close to it.

He slowly closes his eyes and I find myself doing the same. I can swear we're only a few centimeters apart until...

"Ewww, what are you guys doing?"

Anthony immediately springs off me, making me have space to catch my breath. My heart is beating at a not normal pace. It is beating as fast as a butterfly's flutter. I look over at who talked.

He's a chubby little guy, carrying the gun in his hand.

"Hey kid, what's up?" Anthony asks coolly. His cheeks were flushed red.

The guy continues to stare at me, so I decide to talk.

"Hey, what's your name?" I ask calmly.

"My name is Johnny," he says proudly.

"Cool, and how old are you Johnny?"

"I'm 8." I nod. To me, he looks much older than that.

"You guys didn't answer me. What were you guys doing?" he asks, frowning at us.

Anthony speaks before I can. "Ah, we were catching our breaths." He glances over at me and winks at me. I can feel my cheeks redden.

"Erm, yeah, we were. You should go on, the game's almost over." Johnny's eyes widens.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," he says, right before shooting me and Anthony. He sprints away right after he shoots us.

"Dammit, little Johnny's going to have a higher rank than us," Anthony mutters. I laugh, seeing him flustered kind of reminds me of Will. Just thinking about Will makes me smile.

Wait what?

No no no no no. I'm on a date with Anthony.

I quickly clear my head and then focus back on my date. He is already staring at me with his green eyes. He walks towards my direction and stops one feet right across from me.

"I like you, Ashley," he says softly, looking directly into my eyes, "I've liked you since the first day of 5th grade, the first time I ever saw you. You were by yourself, sitting by a tree, searching for earthworms. I knew right from the start you were different. Yeah, maybe I've gone out with a bunch of other girls and screwed up terribly, but it was only because you never looked at me the way others do, so I always assumed I wasn't good enough for you."

I stand there, motionless. I don't know what to say. Maybe I've never really liked him, but as of right now, I feel like it's possible for it to change. I can feel my heart beating against my chest. It feels foreign to me, but I kind of like it.

"Um, you don't have to say anything, I just needed to tell you that," he says, sighing and looking away. I don't realize how long I was silent, but it was definitely long enough to be awkward. I'm still at a loss for words, but I finally decide on what to say.

"Anthony?" he looks at me with hopeful green eyes. "I've-I've never really liked anyone before. I guess it's just how it was for me growing up," he glances down at the ground, certainly not ready for my response, but I continue, "But, I'm going to be honest, right now at this moment, I'm feeling something towards you that happens rarely. I don't know if I like you as much as you like me, but I can try to work on it," I say, grabbing both his hands. He looks into my eyes and the moment is perfect.

"I'd take anything," he starts saying, "and even if being friends is the most that you can do, I would still take that."

I smile, and for the first time, I am very happy that I agreed to go on this date with him. Like I said earlier, I doubt I'll be able to like him as much as he likes me, but we still have so much time. I don't know if it'll work out, but my mom told me before to seize the moment and forget about the future. I lean in and kiss him on the cheek and he wraps his arms around me into a tight hug.

We stay that way until the bell dinged, meaning the game's over. Maybe we didn't win, but I saw Johnny jumping around because he was on the top 10 list.

After we got our rank, Anthony and I walk out the doors.

"I had a lot of fun today," I say to him, as the warm air sweeps through my hair. It's 5ish and still pretty warm. We make our way to the bikes and then Anthony turns to me.

"We're having a football game on Friday against Brown High, which is the day after tomorrow, and I was wondering if you could watch me play, you know, be my good luck charm," he says shyly. I've never really liked football games, but I guess I can make this one an exception. I laugh when he says the last part about being good luck.

"Yeah, sure, there's nothing better than to watch guys wearing leggings tackle each other," I reply to him.

He dramatically puts his hand over his heart, pretending to be hurt. "I look incredibly hot in leggings."

"Oh, and I was wondering if you could wear my jersey that day too."

I stop laughing and stare at him. Having a guy let you wear one of his jerseys is a big deal. It kind of means that you guys are together. A lot of cheerleaders wear the jerseys of jocks because they are usually the only acceptable girls that jocks would date.

"Um, what color jersey do you have to wear tomorrow?"

"Black, so the girls would wear white."

I smile, "Good, because black is definitely not my color."

He stares at me, "So you'll wear it?" I simply nod my head.

Both our backpacks are in the baskets along with my flowers, and he takes out a white jersey. I raise my eyebrow.

"So do you normally carry around a jersey?"

"Oh no. I brought it today because I wanted to ask you, which I did."

"And you knew I was going to say yes?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Um, not really. That's why I kept it in my backpack, just in case you said no, so I wouldn't have to have it in my hands and be embarrassed if you rejected me," he says, handing me the jersey.

I take it and shove it in my bag.

"So, do you need a ride home?" he asks me. I already told Will that he could take me home, so I shake my head.

"It's fine. I talked with Will this morning and he wanted to pick me up- If you're okay with it," I quickly add, since I don't want him to be angry.

"Oh," he mutters. That's all he says while he shifts his gaze to the wheels of the bike.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"I just-," he sighs, "I think he likes you."

Me? I doubt it. I stay silent, but he asks me a question that momentarily throws me off guard.

"Do you like Will?"

I don't know. Do I?

I mean, I just recently met him, but I always feel safe around him most of the time. He can be an asshole to others, but he can magically turn into an awkward prince charming like at the park that night.

"Ah, I-I don't-," I start saying before he cuts me off.

"Wait. Don't answer that. Because if you do like him, it'll just make me feel rejected."

"Anthony, I don't know if I like him. It's not like a yes or no will suddenly pop up in my head. Right now, I'm just friends with him." I don't want to sound too harsh or blunt, but it is the truth. I just don't know.

He nods his head, "Yeah, you're right."

He trys to look away, but his eyes would always meet mine again.

"Today was one of the best dates of my life, and I'm glad you're the girl who went on it with me."

I feel myself grinning. "Thanks Anthony. And yeah, this actually is the first date I've ever went on and I'm happy I agreed to go on a date with you." He walks over to me and presses me against him into a bear hug.

"On Friday, the only guy in leggings that you'll be checking out better be me," he muffles through my hair. I giggle and nod. We pull away and I watch him slowly manage to roll the two bikes away with him.

When he's out of sight, I call Will.

It rings for a while and I frown. It keeps ringing until it goes to voicemail. I decide to wait a few minutes before calling. I throw my backpack over my shoulder and carry my flowers in my right hand as I walk over to an empty bench.

I call him again but it goes to voicemail again.

Now I am plain confused.

I stay on the bench and text him, but he doesn't reply.

I wait for about 5 minutes and feel my heart sink a bit.

I thought he wanted to pick me up.

I gave up on waiting and called my parents, but they insisted that I sould walk home, since it was only a 15 minute walk, and that I could use some exercise.

Great.

Angrily, I throw my backpack on my left shoulder and feel a small shot of pain. I totally forgot about today's incident. I guess I was having too much fun that I didn't realize I have a huge bruise on my arm.

I carefully secure my backpack and start slowly walking home.

By the time I got to my house, I was sweaty and also in a sad crappy mood.

He didn't call me at all.

Sighing, I walk into my house, set the flowers on the kitchen counter, play with Lacy, and then make my way to my room where I jump on my bed. When I hit the bed, I hear my phone ring. I grab it and look at the caller ID.

Will

I was too pissed to pick up, so I put it on silent and left to go take a long shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of chapter!

Will or Anthony?

Please vote if you like it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79K 1.8K 24
He has a few close friends, I am a loner. He's a "bad boy" and I'm "mute" We both have secrets we don't share with anyone. I don't talk so he choos...
16.1K 218 13
A collection of shorts stories and a vast amount of feelings. Anywhere from unrequited love to the beginning of something beautiful! Most are cheesy...
425 67 20
I didn't know a meeting could change all my perspective of life. It's like I'm stuck in a romance kind of movie. Everything is PERFECT. But I'm afrai...
313 74 20
"_whos your teen romance? _him, he was my teen romance _was?? i dont get it." how can you love someone new when every night you dream of them. i d...