The Guide to the Protector (A...

Від AJDiesInside

[DISCONTINUED] --- "уσυя σηє αη∂ σηℓу נσв ιѕ тσ вє тнєιя gυι∂є αη∂ ησтнιηg єℓѕє." "уєѕ, мαѕтєя." --- All my l... Більше

Prologue
Welcome~!
{Part 1} |ChApTeR oNe| Bravery
|ChApTeR tWo| Japan
|ChApTeR tHREE| Mystery
|ChApTeR fOuR| Wonder
|ChApTeR FiVe| Option
|ChApTeR SiX| Chance
|ChApTeR sEvEN| Prussia
|ChApTeR EiGhT| Insanity
|ChApTeR NiNe| Insanity (Part Two)
|ChApTeR tEN| Accept
|ChApTeR EleVeN| Help
|ChApTeR tWeLvE| Another Color (2K Reads!)
|ChApTeR ThiRtEEN| Savior
|ChApTeR fOuRtEeN| Newcomers
|ChApTeR FiFtEeN| Meeting
A/N+Polls (Please read!)
|ChApTeR SiXtEeN| Memories (3K Reads!)
|ChApTeR sEvEnTeEN| Piano Room
|ChApTeR EiGhTeEn| Piano Room (Part Two) (4K Reads!)
|ChApTeR niNeTeEn| Lie
|ChApTeR TwEnTy| Past
|ChApTeR TwEnTy oNe| Reunited
|ChApTeR TwEnTy tWo| Want Versus Need
A/N+Polls 2
|ChApTeR TwEnTy tHREE| Present
|ChApTeR TwEnTy fOuR| Answer
|ChApTeR TwEnTy FiVe| Faith
|ChApTeR TwEnTy SiX| Refuge
A/N-Promotions
|ChApTeR TwEnTy sEvEN| Italy's Plan (5K Reads)
|ChApTeR TwEnTy EiGhT| Regret
|ChApTeR TwEnTy NiNe| Regret (Part Two)
|ChApTeR tHiRtY| Italy's Condition
|ChApTeR tHiRtY oNe| Stubborn Albino
|ChApTeR tHiRtY tWo| Trust
A/N+Polls 3
6K Special-Little Red Riding Hood AU [Pt 1]
6K Special-Little Red Riding Hood AU [Pt 2]
6K Special-Police/Assassin AU [Oneshot]
6K Special-Fantasy/Medieval AU [Pt 1]
6K Special-Fantasy/Medieval AU [Pt 2]
6K Special-Fantasy/Medieval AU [Pt 3]
7K Special-Wizard of Oz AU [Pt 1]
7K Special-Wizard of Oz AU [Pt 2]
7K Special-Wizard of Oz AU [Pt 3]
7K Special-Wonderland AU [Pt 1]
7K Special-Wonderland AU [Pt 2]
7K Special-Wonderland AU [Pt 3]
A/N+Polls 4
|ChApTeR tHiRtY fOuR| Missing Her
|ChApTeR tHiRtY FiVe| Finding Her
A/N+Polls 5
|ChApTeR tHiRtY SiX| Saving Her (9K Reads)
A/N+Polls 6
|ChApTeR tHiRtY sEvEn| Saving Her (Part Two) (9K Reads)
|ChApTeR tHiRtY EiGhT| Saving Her (Part Three) (9K Reads)
10K+11K Reads Special-Shoutouts+Q/A
|ChApTeR tHiRtY NiNe| Saving Her (Part Four) (9K Reads)
A/N 7
To My Dear Readers ||UPDATED||
|ChApTeR FoRtY| Belong
|ChApTeR FoRtY oNe| Love-Hate
|ChApTeR FoRtY tWo| Selfless
A/N 8
|ChApTeR FoRtY tHREE| Look Around
|ChApTeR FoRtY fOuR| All Un-Alone
A/N 9 (Please read!)
|ChApTeR FoRtY FiVe| Haunted (Part One)
|ChApTeR FoRtY SiX| Haunted (Part Two)
|ChApTeR FoRtY sEvEn| Haunted (Part Three)
A/N 10-IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
A/N 11-Tag+Update
Discontinued
I'm Back
|ChApTeR FoRtY EiGhT| Just A Guide
|ChApTeR FoRtY NiNe| Forever A Protector
|ChApTeR FiFtY| The End
-Book 2 Preview/Trailer-
{Part 2} |ChApTeR FiFtY oNe| The Beginning

|ChApTeR tHiRtY tHREE| Fearing Love (8K Reads)

462 29 53
Від AJDiesInside

(A/N: I was gonna wait a few more days but honestly I'm just in that 'help me', angsty, sad kinda mood I don't even know guys haha.

Soooo, here it is! Surprise? I was editing it a while ago and I was like, 'Yo I just gotta know how my readers react', so I just felt like publishing it. Warning: If you're in a happy mood, don't read this chapter. If you're really tired from school, want to just drown in angst and procrastinating from doing your homework, then this is just the right chapter for you. 

Mkay so I hope you enjoy.

And I'm sorry in advance. (Especially for that ending lol oops my hand slipped-))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Previously~

"I feel much better. Danke for trusting me, (Name)."

Wh-What?

I suddenly tear away from his grip, backing away from him, my eyes wide. "I-I am so sorry."

"What? What's wrong, frau?"

"Who..."

"T-That look in your eyes...I've seen it...on I-Italy's face..." He grabbed me by the shoulders, intensely staring into my eyes. "F-Frau? Who am I?"

".

..

...

.....

.....

I...I don't know. Who are you?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true."

-Patrick Swayze

|| Philophobia ||

Fear of emotional attachment; Fear of being in, or falling in love.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Romano's POV|

"G-Guys! Something...is wrong."

I sat upright and rubbed my eyes. (Name) was right, after taking a nap I immediately felt energized. Even though I wasn't the least bit tired, waking up so abruptly took a toll on me.

I shut my eyes and massaged my forehead, grumpily responding, "What? What was so important that you had to shout, Potato Bastard #2?"

"I-It's the frau...She..."

"Just spit it out already."

"She...(Name)...she d-doesn't..."

My eyes whipped open. When he stammered out the rest of his sentence, my ears couldn't believe it. But the moment I saw him, my eyes believed it.

The usual sparkle in his eyes had died out. The mischief, the excitement, the happiness, it was all just gone. There was this permanent terror in those eyes of his. Nothing that the Oni, or any kind of monster could bring upon him. You can call it heartbreak, or hopelessness.

But that look was painfully familiar. Maybe that's because I've experienced something similar. I've seen it in Canada's eyes, and now Prussia's. I feel it whenever Spain goes to talk to Italy. His smile radiating joy and pride. It's not jealously that I feel, no. That's not what looms over my heart, capturing me in its cold, merciless clutch.

It's fear. Prussia's worst fear has occured.

"(Name) forgot about me."

His fear of forever being forgotten.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Reader's POV|

"Hm. I wonder what that was about."

I was as oblivious as ever.

"(Name)!"

A firm grip securely placed itself on both of my shoulders, greeting me once I turned around. Persistence and dread, as well as a hint of pain, swirled in the magenta eyes that intensely stared into mine.

"Bella? Do...y-you know who I am?"

"...Yeah. Of course I know you, Vargas."

He breathed out a deep sigh of relief. As if his neck went limp, he hung his head, his hands slipping off my shoulders. In result of his head dipping, his hat slid off the crown of his auburn hair. I caught it and looked at him quizically.

"Ah...that's very reassuring to hear." Luciano whispered before lifting his head.

"Mm-hm. Why wouldn't I know you? Oh and you dropped this." I asked as I held out his hat.

He remained silent, and I guessed that he was purposely ignoring my question. He began to reach out, but his fingers stopped short.

After a few seconds of staring at his trembling fingertips, they suddenly enclosed around my wrist.

I glanced up at him in confusion. His knees buckled and he collapsed onto the floor. My lips parted slightly, nothing coming out, my eyes wide and frozen with shock.

"V-Vargas!" My knees slammed against the ground. I raised my hands and cupped his cheeks in my palms. The tiny bit of pain I spotted before grew, consuming his expression and burying the mix of relief and worry on his face and replacing it with pure exhaustion.

"What's wrong??" I continued calling his name, pleading for him to tell me what was wrong. He finally gave in, his back dropping to the floor.

"My, what a mess."

I let go of Luciano when someone materialized beside me. He looked as if he came out from a photo shoot. He had blond locks which, other than his curl, didn't have a single strand of hair out of place. He bore reddish-pink eyes that rested calmly behind stylish shades with rose colored lenses. The white designer suit and dress pants as well as the tight fitted black belt and gloves he wore gave off a sort of suave, yet fierce look. Even the way he stood, his hand on his hip and knee jutted out slightly, projected an element of sass.

As I examined him, he inspected me just as carefully. A few more heartbeats passed, making more and more nervous by the second.

All of sudden he hummed, "Mm."

"...What?"

"You're even more pretty up close~"

I awkwardly laughed, feeling my cheeks heat up. "I wouldn't say that."

"Well, it's true, bella." He smiled happily, giving a chuckle as he adjusted his scarf.

His...scarf. The raspberry pink scarf wrapped around his neck.

I recalled the memory of getting strangled by his scarf. My hand instinctively went to my collarbone. I uneasily shifted backwards and narrowed my eyes suspiciously at him.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry about that by the way, hon. Just had to let off a little steam." He said, lifting his hand, heading to my neck.

Without hesitation, I swiftly reached up and grabbed him by the wrist, his fingertips grazing my skin. "Don't touch me, please."

"Of course. My sincerest apologies once again." He politely bowed his head and retracted his hand. The man stood up, positioned himself at Luciano's side. He bent his knees slightly and scooped Luciano into his arms. "I'm afraid I have to ruin your intimate moment with you and Luci to borrow him," He winked at me. "Do you mind?"

"Um, no..." I looked at Luciano's still body and shifted my gaze to the man. "Wait, who are you?"

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to tell you my name. You can call me Flavio, my bella sweetie~" He cheerfully chimed.

"Did you get him?"

I titled my head towards the quiet voice I heard. The guy I was before he pulled up his hood and magically vanished was sitting next to me.

"Oh, I see you do."

When I pivoted my head to look at Flavio to return my attention to him, he and Luciano vanished. Without even explaining anything to me.

I tugged the man's white hooded cape before he could follow them.

"Uh, excuse me...?"

"..." He timidly glanced at me and exhaled softly. He directed his crimson red eyes to lock with mine. "I'm Gilen."

"Gilen. I'm (Name)." I let go of the end of his cape and sat down, asking him, "Do you think you can explain what happened to him?"

"Ja, I can. I haven't seen it myself obviously, but I presume Luciano exited your mind for a long period of time?"

"Yes actually. How did you come to such a precise conclusion?"

"We 2ps are connected to your mind. The energy from your mind allows anyone in it to survive. When he's separated from your mind, he'll first start to crave getting back his energy. Soon enough want becomes a need and it takes a toll on the person physically." Gilen explained with ease. I was about to thank him when he continued on, "Your mind is like a battlefield. When you're not engaged in a battle, you start to yearn for the exhilaration you feel from the blood raining down on you, a growing hunger for more war to satisfy the bloodlust-"

"Whoa! Okay, Gilen, I get it. That is...an interesting simile." I patted his shoulder, interrupting him before he could spiral down into the dark abyss of crippling depression. "Thanks again."

"I should be going now. Farewell, frau."

Huh. Frau. Something stirred inside me, but I quickly brushed it away.

"Wait, Gilen. Could I ask you one more question?"

"Go ahead."

"I feel like he knew that was going to happen. So why did he take the risk just to see me?"

Gilen blankly stared at me. He finally blinked and shrugged. "I'll let you figure that one out."

And with that, he was gone.

'You want to know why? Because he obviously couldn't bear the thought of you forgetting him. You are his precious, little girl-oUCH!'

'Flavio? How is he?'

'He's strong enough to deliver a good punch to the stomach, that's for sure. So yes, he's fine.'

'Can...I trust you? To take care of him?'

'Now why would you ask that?'

'Because you literally choked her with a scarf upon meeting her. Anyone would be wary, you idiot.' Gilen bluntly piped up, taking the words right out of my mouth.

'Right. Well, I promise you that you can trust me. He may hate me, which is mostly due to me always pestering him...but he is my brother.'

'...Your what?!'

'We'll get to that later.' Flavio replied vaguely, to my annoyance. 'Hold on, he wants me to tell you something.' After a short pause, Flavio said, 'He says that he loves you. Hehe-OW!'

I pressed my palm to my mouth to cover the dark blush that crossed my cheeks.

'It was worth it. I'm just kidding, he said not to get into too much trouble. Probably because he's not there to be your knight in shining armor at the moment.'

'A-Alright. Tell him I can perfectly handle myself just fine...' I stubbornly thought in reply. I frowned a little but went on, 'But I guess I'll try and take it easy. Just because he has the guts to be worried about me, even when he literally just fainted in front of me.' I rolled my eyes and touched a palm to my temples. 'If you're listening Vargas, you're an idiot.' I paused to breathe out a small sigh. 'Take care of that idiot for me, Flavio. Please.'

'I will, bella. But I would say the same to you.'

'Huh? Why-'

The door burst open and several voices boomed in my eardrums.

'That's why. I bid you good luck. You'll need it to make sure your worst fear doesn't happen.'

'What's that?'

'The fear of losing your friends. Or rather, one particular friend.'

'What? Flavio, what are you talking about?'

My head suddenly went completely silent.

'H-Hello?'

I shuddered, feeling very cold as if I walked out during a snowstorm with only a shirt and shorts on.

And at that exact moment, I decided to faint.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Fratello, you need to rest.'

'No...I need...need to...'

The image of the meeting room around them rippled, fading into darkness.

'W-What's happening??'

'It's her. She's coming...'

'What are you talking about, Luciano?'

'Her...(Name)...She has a...a different side too...'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you the one making it incredibly difficult for me to contact (Name)?"

I sat up and drew in a deep breath. I opened my balled up fists and ran my fingertips along the field of grass I woke up on. I cocked my head to the side and stared straight at the Oni mansion. I picked myself from off the ground and took in the person's question, who stood in front of me.

"Most likely."

Flavio and Gilen woke up and sat upright, looking at me, bewildered. I simply shook my head and pressed a finger to my lips.

"So why have you decided to let me into her mind?"

"I didn't exactly. I need...help."

"I thought so. What has happened?"

"I managed to keep her at bay so far by locking her in the dark part of (Name)'s mind. When I grew weak and unstable, she escaped. She's coming to hunt down (Name) and...I'm not strong enough to stop her again." I seethed out through gritted teeth. "Will you help me..."

Holy Roman Empire?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Reader's POV|

'Love. One of the most powerful emotion I person can ever feel.'

My eardrums hurt. I felt like I was being interrogated. And I didn't like it at all.

"(Name), are you okay?"

"What happened?"

First off, nothing was organized. They all threw question after question, literally giving me no time at all to answer.

'Love can result in many other different emotions: Madness, sadness, confusion, strength and weakness.'

"Is it true?"

"You really don't remember him?"

"Why?"

"How did this even happen?"

I got fed up with all the voices that battled in my head. Aggravated, I quickly stood up.

"I...I need some space. Please don't follow me." I spoke clearly and whipped around to head out the door.

'And fear. Fear plays such a huge part in love.'

I wandered down the hallway and entered a random room, exasperatedly flopping down onto one of the beds.

'It could be that the idea of love is terrifying, the thought of having to devote yourself to another being. Or it could that you already have found a person, but the process of slowly falling in love frightens you.'

I gave a deep exhale and stared at the ceiling.

"(Name)? Mind if I join you?"

He stood at the door. It was the man I was in the bathroom with, the one that suddenly ran out the door. Before, there was a mix of panic and fear on his expression, but it was different now. His shoulders drooped and his eyes looked dull and tired, like he just got the life and energy sucked out of him.

"You won't ask me questions, will you?" I bent my waist, lifting my back from off the bed. I looked at him, fixating a steady gaze on him. "Because they're really confusing me, and I was getting annoyed-"

"Nein. I won't." He walked over to me. He sat down at my side with a sigh.

He then pulled me into his chest. It was sudden, his grip on my shoulders strong and firm as if he were afraid I was going to run away from him. I was so tiny in his grasp, but instead of being intimidated, comfort and warmth met my body, instantly making me feel safe.

For some bizarre reason.

'Then there's what she has experienced. She may not even realize it yet, for her mind has yet to comprehend this complex emotion, but she has fallen in love with all of her so called friends.'

A vague, faint feeling of deja vu stirred inside me. Something rekindled in my head, as if a boat of memories was trying to make its way back into my mind, but it got swallowed by the darkness of a raging storm.

Like a spark that flared within me. That's what I'll call it, the first spark.

"(Name), I know you don't...remember me...but I-I realized something. I care about you. You're important to me."

The second spark.

He clutched me tightly. "(Name)...Ich...lieb-"

And that's when I saw it. Right over his shoulder. The Oni staring right back at me.

>I FoUnD yOu, LiTtLE GiRl<

------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think I just realized something."

"What is it, Potato Bastard?"

"Japan, did you run into the Oni when you went outside?"

"No. No, we didn't..."

"Well, we just left two people alone with the Thing lurking around."

"....."

"Shit."

------------------------------------------------------------------ 

I didn't even have time to summon my sword, for The Thing's claw was already reaching toward us.

So I did what I was meant to do. I protected.

'Her friends bring her confidence and strength during harsh times, giving her newfound energy from within that bruised heart of hers.'

"Watch out!" I found myself screaming as I grabbed him by the collar. I swiftly slammed him to the ground, hovering my body above him like a shield.

The pain hit me so quickly I barely felt it. I dropped back first onto the floor.

"(Name)! Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine, just got a-a few scratches on m-my back." I stammered out. I gently knocked my fist's knuckles to his arm. "Beat that monster up for me, will you?"

"Ja." He took my hand and gave it a soft squeeze. "I will." He confidently stated before getting up. He unsheathed his iron sword and charged towards the Thing.

He wielded his blade beautifully, channeling his anger but letting it shine through at the same time. He delivered passionate, precise slashes and stabs to the Oni, unleashing a whirlwind of merciless and intense attacks. I watched in awe as the Thing's Health bar continually went down. His last blow was impaling the monster straight through its stomach. It faded away, leaving his sword to clatter to the floor.

He raced to me and crouched down. "You got hurt, right?" He moved to carry me bridal style. "Let's get you back to the safeplace." He lifted me off the ground, but promptly set me down when I winced in pain. "Does it hurt that much?" I nodded weakly. I shifted my arm to cover my stomach area. He unfortunately noticed this and arched his eyebrow. "(Name), what's wrong?" He tried to move my arm, but I stubbornly kept it there.

"I-It's nothing. Just get...my bag. And treat...t-the wound."

He rushed to my backpack and raided it, returning with gauze bandages and bottles of ointment. He placed a tender hand on my wrist. "Show me to your wound, (Name)."

The third spark.

I shook my head and he sighed, picking up a roll and starting to unravel it. "Do you really not remember me at all?" He asked in a soft voice. He tore off a long piece of bandage. "What about the time West was trying to get that mochi out?" He chuckled in a bittersweet sort of way. "That was funny."

The memory felt so close, yet so out of reach. Hearing his sad laugh made sorrow crash down on me.

The fourth spark.

He cleared his throat. "I need to take your hoodie off, okay?"

I shivered, an image of the scars on my wrists flashing in my mind. "N-No. Please, don't."

"Do you trust me?"

The fifth and last spark

That question ignited a wildfire, giving me a burst of energy.

"Yes.

I do trust you, Prussia. 

Oh, and call me frau, will you?"

"F-Frau! Mein gott, I would hug you right now but that would be extremely painful!" He smiled so brightly. I wanted to cry. "Y-You really scared me for a second there, frau. You really did." Prussia reached down and kissed my forehead. As he leaned back, he stopped.

.

..

...

'It's always good to have a source of strength. However...'

"Frau? Is that blood?"

He frantically pulled my hoodie over my head and tossed it aside. He carefully rolled me onto my side, gasping. "Those...aren't just scratches."

The Oni didn't just scratch me.

'They are also her greatest weakness.'

It plunged its claw straight into my back.

"W-Wait. Hold on. I-I can fix this-"

'The girl fears losing the people she cares about. She fears losing those who have finally been able to make her smile, or bring her peace.'

I pressed a pointer finger to his lips. I gave him a smile. "Prussia, I trust you. If you don't have enough time to fix me up, that's okay. I...protected you. That's all that matters..." My arm lost feeling, dropping beside me.

'And she'd do anything to keep them safe.'

"No...frau-" Prussia grabbed her arm. He held her wrist in his tight grasp, searching for a pulse that was never to be found.

And as the sparkle just found its way to his eyes, it left hers. The girl he had fallen in love with had died protecting him.

------------------------------------------------------------------

'Even you, Luciano, fear love. That is the reason you've had to ask for my help, is it not?'

'...'

'Hm. I suppose I could-'

'What's wrong? Did you get hurt, why are you gripping your chest?'

'Something's...happened...to her. Mein gott, that crazy girl...She...

Sacrificed herself. Love made her do something reckless. I would know from experience...'

>THE END<

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

23.2K 783 39
" "Fine. If you don't want me to care, I won't fucking care. No one ever will! Enjoy being alone and hated forever!" That's one less who will miss m...
68.3K 2.3K 26
It has been a year since you moved to England, but your quiet afternoon is interrupted by a surprise party held by your human and "country" friends...
53.9K 1.2K 17
Iguro Obanai and Tomioka Giyuu knew each other before becoming hashiras. They went to the final selection, and got to know each other after it. Both...
4.2K 197 67
Despite it being well past sunrise, the house was dark. I had woken up with a start, hearing the sound of a car below but now as I lay awake, I was i...