Little Moon (Lycan Series #1βœ”)

By RamenLady

(Completed) "If I can't have you, no one else will." **** He lived in my shadow. Guarding. Watching. Waiting... More

Trailer
Character Pictures
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 22

59.8K 2.9K 425
By RamenLady

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HELLO!

I hope you are enjoying the story so far and I hope you like this chapter. It is going to be an event changer and many things will start to unveil soon. We will soon find out what Elena is up to, why does Marc have a scratch on his neck, and why does the vampire prince want Deidre.

-Leila

Unknown

I have to act quickly. There was no time to waste. The circle was quickly closing in and I knew sooner or later they will find out eventually that it was me. Now that my first plan has failed I have to turn to my only last resort--the Vampire prince. It is war that was pushing on the barrier to break free and be unleashed like a leaf on top of water and at any given moment it can slip under the water and disappear.

If only I could get her alone. If only, the stupid lycans don't surround her like she was a treasure. She was anything but that. She was a weakling--someone who doesn't deserve to be our Queen. How much more corrupted can we get? We have to resort in human mates as our Queen? We have always lived our life with royal blood lines. I don't care if she has turned lycan. She was still human in my eyes.

Angrily, I pushed the items on my desk off in one push. I snarled as I seethed silently.

Think! What can I do?

I began pacing as I try to come up with a plan. My last visit with the Vampire prince was a pain in the ass. I am not looking forward to it but if I could bring a piece offering, an alliance can be forged. I will have the help of the vampires on my side and together we just might be able to overthrow the king.

I stopped in my footstep as I looked outside and saw something that might just turned into my favor. A slow grin made it on my face. Yes. That was it.

Invictus

After Deidre has fallen asleep, I couldn't find the will to sleep along with her. Instead, I sat in bed and stared at her sleeping form. My soul was in turmoil at the thought of any harm coming to her and sleeping means that I can't protect her and hence I am awake watching her.

My fingers softly grazed her temple down to her cheeks. She was my lycan but she was also so fragile. A newborn with a power so strong and an emotional wave like humans. It will take her years to settle into her new form but those were years I was looking forward to.

My jaw tightened slightly as I thought about the threat. My heart was beating at a crazy rate as adrenaline rushed through my veins. What can I do? My eyes moved back to look at her. She said that Elena did it.

It wasn't that I was defending Elena but Elena has been with us for decades.

If she was going to harm us, why not during those times?

It was as if Deidre was awake because I heard a voice echo in my mind.

Because of her. Because you found your mate.

I clenched my jaw so hard that slight pain was felt at the joint. I inhaled deeply before standing up and walking to the window. My hands clenched into fist behind my back as I try to control my frustration.

Regardless, I can't ignore my promise to Deidre. I will have someone look into Elena. Someone will be tailing after her. At this time, we can't afford to turn a blind eye. Everyone will have someone looking closely after them.

I walked outside the bedroom as I saw the two guards standing at our door guarding us. They turned when they saw me.

"Get me Lucas." I ordered. "Send him to my office. One of you guard this door and do not leave. No one in and no one out."

One of the guards nodded and walked to do as I ordered. The other stood and waited as I walked to the office. A moment later, my office door opened and a sleeping Lucas walked into the room.

"Tell me you didn't wake me up because you couldn't sleep and wanted to have an evening talk." Lucas yawned and plopped down on the chair in front of me.

Lucas was one of our best agents. Although, he can be a womanizer, he was also very good at his job. He never failed at his mission and his mind never wavers. I can trust him because I have known him since I was little. He was like my brother.

"I have a mission for you." I began. His eyes sparked interest as he leaned forward to listen in on more.

Deidre

I yawned and stretched in bed before my eyes fluttered opened to see Invictus standing on the foot of my bed, staring at me. I froze and pursed my lips in confusion.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked.

He was dressed in a white sleeveless t-shirt and a black short, his arms crossed in front of him.

"Today, I am training with you." He said.

"But usually it is Akoni and-"

"But I am your mate." He said simply. I can see slight bags under his eyes but his eyes still glimmered with teasing. He moved around the bed until he stood at the side, with one swift movement he moved the blanket from me.

"What does you being my mate have to do with me training?" I asked as I got up as he said and went to my closet to find something to wear before heading into the bathroom.

"I am the one who has the right to train you." He said from the other side of the door.

"Well Akoni, Ron, and Max has been training with me." I reasoned. "Are they also going to be down there today?"

I took off my jammies and put on sports bra before slipping on my t-shirt. After, I pulled up a black skin tight short before brushing my hair and putting it into a quick ponytail. I brushed my teeth as I waited for him to respond.

"No. Today it is just you and me." He responded. "Hurry, Deidre."

I opened the door after I was finished. "What's the rush?"

I walked over to the bed and sat down as I slip on my socks and then my shoes. Invictus huffed and knelt on the ground as he slipped on my shoes and tied them for me as I was taking too long.

"I need to train you to protect yourself. It is the only assurance I have to keep you safe if I am not there." He admitted and my heart softened a little.

"Ok." I replied.

Once he was done putting on my shoes we stood up and headed down to the basement. He directed me towards the mats that Akoni and them have been training me with. Standing in the middle, Invictus turned to me.

"I'm not going to go easy on you, Deidre. You are a lycan. You are stronger than me if you allowed it to be. I have lived for so many years sometimes everything blurs together. You, on the other hand, are seeing everything with fresh eyes. Fresh eyes are not a weakness, little moon. Keep that in mind when you are fighting me." He said.

"Your mother told me you are one of the best fighters." I said as I approached him. He started walking around me like an eagle that has his eyes on his prey.

He shrugged. "I fight as if my life depends on it."

He charged after me and we fought for a while as all I was doing was evade his attacks. After a moment he growled angrily.

"Stop it, Deidre. Fight me!"

I didn't want to hurt him. So I have been evading his attacks but I knew he was right. I had to learn. His next move through a punch at my chest and because I wasn't concentrating I went flying back a few yards landing on my back. He growled in frustration.

"Pay attention! How are you going to survive without me?" He snarled. "Is what Elena said true? Are you really a weakling?"

I snarled at his taunt, moving to a crouching position. "Stop it."

He smirked as he knew he hit a nerve. "Should my mate have been Elena? Did the moon goddess give me a mistake to mate with me with a weak human?"

I growled as I launched myself toward him. My legs wrapped around his waist as my body impact sent us flying back a few yards landing him this time on his back. I threw a punch at his face effectively. He moved his head to the side as my hand hit the mat, causing a dent in it.

"There we go." He said. "That's what I want to see. Fight me, Deidre."

"Shut up!" I growled my fury was beyond control. I lift my hand up and hit him in the jaw. He clenched it before he flipped us over. His hand propped on either side of me. My hands came up to prop on his chest as I lifted up my legs to push down on his hips, pushing him back off from me.

"Anger is good but anger also clouds your mind. Breathe, little moon." He instructed.

I gritted my teeth as I try to see reason. "I hate you."

He jumped back and stood as he looked down at me.

"No you don't." He said firmly. "You and I both know it because I can't hate you too."

I inhaled and moved to stand up.

"Now, think with your mind and use your body strength to your advantage." He said.

He was right. This was training. He was taunting me to get me riled up enough to fight back. He wanted me angry so I can at least understand how important it was that I needed to learn this.

His attacks were blocked by me but this time I fought back. I fought back until he was down on the ground a couple of times. It got to the point where he was pinned finally on the ground. We were both dripping with sweat and breathing hard. My hands on his shoulder as my claws were out ready to rip his spine.

"Good job, little moon." He said breathlessly. "Good job."

Pride swelled inside of me. He didn't give up on me but helped me. I eased off from him and he stood back up. He came over and placed a finger under my chin. My breathing was still hard as I was trying to catch it.

"You did great."

"Thank you." I whispered back. His eyes darkened and he moved down to kiss me firmly on the lips. The taste of our training faint on our lips as his tongue slipped in to taste me. I moaned and wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands came around to cup me around my butt as he lifted me up. My legs wrapped around his waist.

The way his tongue worked around my tongue so sensually and so playfully had my toes curling with an unsatisfied need. I moaned and rubbed my body against him, silently begging for more. His lips broke from mine as his kisses trailed down my neck. My hands ran through his hair as soft tingle pleasure vibrated from the spot his lips touched. I felt his canine grazing my shoulder and something inside of me stirred to life. I wanted him to bite me. I needed him to bite me. I don't know why but it was such a strong pull that I heard myself say it before it registered in my mind.

"Bite me." I said hoarsely. A slow rumble purred from his chest. His grip on my butt cheeks tightened as he fought for control.

I remember distantly in one the werewolf books that I read that werewolves mark their soul mates but I wasn't sure if it was the same for lycans.

"Deidre." I heard him said my name in a strangle voice.

"Please." I begged.

It was weird. In the middle of a gym, I was begging my soul mate to bite me but at this moment I wouldn't want anything else. I tightened my hands in his hair.

"Do it." I urged again.

He growled and I felt him pin me against the wall. His hands came up to cup my cheeks as he pulled back to look at me. He swallowed hard as I saw him fighting for control.

"Do you really want this?" He asked.

"More than anything." I replied.

One of his hands slipped down my neck, to the part where my neck connected with my shoulders and then slipped down my shirt from my shoulder to reveal my naked skin. His eyes darkening to a dangerous pitch black. A rumble again stirred in his chest before his eyes flickered back up to me. I licked my lips and he moved in to kiss me on the lips, making sure to suck on my lower lip to the point where I was moaning with need.

His lips trailed down my jaw line and then to my shoulder. I felt his canine again and then a sharp pain as he sunk his canines in. I let out a whimper before it turned into crazy moaning. Pleasure ran through my body as if I was on drugs. My knees buckled and he wrapped his arms around me to keep me standing.

It was euphoric. I have never felt anything like it. It was as if something inside of me snapped and everything was alright again, like I felt a calm wave of euphoria washing over me. I felt the bond with Invictus grow and I can feel him in the back of my mind like he was there to just watch me. It was thrilling.

When he pulled back, he licked at the wound which only in turn had me moaning even more and clutching at his body like he was the only thing keeping me sane. He chuckled a little before pulling back. His eyes still dark with lust and need.

"Mine." He whispered before crushing his lips again on mine. I kissed him back just as crazy. This new sensation that was running through me was driving me wild. I wanted him. I needed him. It felt so damn good to be in his arms. I don't think I ever wanted to stay away.

When he pulled back from the kiss and checked to see that I can stand on my own two feet again, I moved my hand to touch the mark. His eyes flitted to it and I can see the possessive look in his face as his hand came up to touch it. My knees buckled and I gripped at his sleeveless shirt. He smirked.

"It will be an erogenous spot and only I can make you feel this way now, little moon. You are now permanently mine, forever and eternity." He said huskily.

I licked my lips and clenched my thighs before moving to cover up the mark. "D-do we get to mark our mates too?"

"You're asking if females mark their male mates." He asked. I nodded my response.

"Yes." He responded and his eyes again darkened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 37.4K 51
Hands, touch. That's all I felt. Everywhere. A burning sensation was all I could focus on, it was overwhelming. But I didn't want it to stop. I don'...
3.1M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
21.4M 645K 25
❝when the sun goes down the beast comes out❞ Highest Ranking: General Fiction #2 // Werewolf: #2 ~ He's the reason werewolves lock their doors. She'...
1M 29.8K 61
Him: "I've been looking for her for centuries now, and when I caught her scent at the party, I knew I have to go after her. No way in hell I will mis...