Teach Me How To Kiss {Wattys2...

By Whines8

Mia Harper is a 19 year old girl on her summer break from college. She is very shy and self conscious about h... More

prologue
Chapter 1 Party Invitation
Chapter 2- the things you can learn at a party
Chapter 3- getting to know you
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5- First Date
Chapter 6- First Kiss
Chapter 7- First Make Out, Turns into First Hickey
Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt
Chapter 9- First Boyfriend
Chapter 10- First Intimate Touch
Chapter 11- Invite to Meet the Parents
Chapter 13- The Dinner Guest: Part 2
Chapter 14- The End of a Long Dinner
Chapter 15- Jacob's Surprise
Chapter 16- Lauren's Sunday Morning News
Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1
Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2
Chapter 19- Just Being Nice
Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1
Chapter 21- Reassurance part 2
Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1
Chapter 23- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 2
Chapter 24- A Memorable Saturday Night part 1
Chapter 25- A memorable Saturday Night part 2
Chapter 26- A Memorable Saturday Night part 3
Chapter 27- A Memorable Saturday Night part 4
Chapter 28- First Time
Chapter 29- The Morning After part 1
Chapter 30- The Morning After part 2
Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1
Chapter 32- Everything was perfect part 2
Chapter 33- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 1
Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2
Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3
Chapter 36- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 4
Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5
Chapter 38- A Night of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 6
Chapter 39- The End Of Summer

Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1

88.6K 945 44
By Whines8

HOPE YOU LIKE VOTE, FAN, AND COMMENTS

ENJOY WHINES8

***********************************************************************

It took me to the very last minute to get ready for Jacob. I was so nervous not just because it was Jacob who was coming, but because I was about to meet his parents of all people. 

For the past hour all I could think of was what Jacob had told me on the phone earlier about his parents or rather his mother. I did not want to make a bad impression especially if his mother was one to judge quickly. 

I’ve changed my outfit about a million and one times, undecided on whether to go with a casual look or maybe something real conservative or maybe even something professional. I was pretty sure I didn’t need to where a cocktail dress, but I didn’t want to look too under dress or too over dress either.

I was losing my mind trying to pick out a simple outfit for this dinner, I could just imagine what I will be like when we actually get to the dinner itself.

I was now on my fifteenth outfit and standing in front of my full length mirror moving from side to side. I was wearing a printed white fit and flare sundress with spaghetti straps. It went to just above the knee with a little poof in the skirt. I paired my outfit with some nude wedges and a small clutch.

Smiling at myself as I twirled back and forth in the mirror, I looked myself over from top to bottom. I didn’t look too bad, I thought to myself as I stopped my twirling. It was a perfectly good dress, not to short and not to long either. This would have to do because I was definitely not changing again.

Just then I heard the front door bell go off signaling Jacobs arrival. Taking one last look at myself in the mirror, I smoothed down the skirt of the dress and ran a hand over my softly curled hair before stepping out of my room and making my way over to the door.

Opening the door, I was graced immediately with the sight of my devastatingly gorgeous boyfriend dressed in some cargo kaki shorts and a navy blue tee that hugged his muscled chest perfectly. You could see his tight muscles clear as day through his shirt and as I zeroed in on his arms I watched them bend and contract making his biceps stretch the fabric of the short sleeves.

Giving him another once over, I shook my head slightly to myself. How did I ever get so fortunate as to find a man like the one standing right in front of me, I thought to myself.

I moved my eyes up to Jacob’s face then and instantly was met with his beautiful smile. Moving upwards even more, I finally set my eyes on his and was surprised to fine him looking at me with some kind of amused expression.

Furrowing my brows I gave him a confused look of my own, “What?” I asked him with a small smile.

Jacob started to chuckle lightly as he began to shake his head at me, “I’ve been trying to get your attention for a few seconds now, but I guess you were to busy staring to hear me, eh?” he joked making my face heat up immediately.

I didn’t notice I was being so obvious with my staring and now I was to embarrassed to look at him.  

I cleared my throat as I looked away from Jacob and willed my cheeks to cool in the process. Seconds later I heard Jacob chuckling again making me turn back towards him, my face getting even redder then before.

I tried to hide my hot cheeks with my hands, shaking my head at the same time, “Oh my God, you must think I’m some pervert with the way I was just staring at you,” I said to him.

Jacob stepped over the threshold of the door, stopping right in front of me and wrapped his big arms around my torso. I removed my hands from my face when I felt his body come into contact with my own. Looking up at a still grinning Jacob I gave a small smile.

Jacob brought one of his hands up to my chin and pulled me into a gentle kiss, “Actually I don’t think your a perv at all, in fact I think you just boosted my ego a few notches with the looks you were giving me,” he said once he pulled away from my lips.

I gave an even bigger smile then, “Oh I did? well that makes me feel a little better,” I said playfully.

“Well it should and if it doesn’t maybe knowing that I was looking at you in the exact same way will and just for the record, I like what I see,” Jacob said softly before pulling me into another kiss.

His words had my insides fluttering, the thought of him staring at me in that way was nerve-racking but also a thrilling. I had instantly forgot about Jacob’s parents after that, my confidence building from Jacob’s comment alone. 

“So you ready to go?” Jacob asked as he rested his hand on the small of my back and began to usher me outside.

I gave a quick nod in response before stepping out onto the porch and descending the front steps.

Jacob walked me over to the passenger side door of his car and opened it for me. I couldn’t help the huge grin that was taking over my face as I got into the car and watched Jacob shut the door behind me. 

He was the sweetest guy I’d ever met in my entire life and I couldn’t understand how I became so lucky. Jacob was everything I could ever ask for in a guy and it seemed like as the days went on I was beginning to fall harder and harder for him.

I watched Jacob as he walked around the front of the car to his driver side door. Still grinning from ear to ear like some crushed out school girl, I watched him get in as well.

Jacob turned to me after closing his door and starting the car, his own grin taking place on his face, “You just can’t keep your eyes off me tonight can you?” he said jokingly and unlike before I didn’t shy away from being caught this time.

Instead, I boldly leaned over the center arm rest and pulled Jacob into our third kiss of the night. This kiss lasted a little longer then the two previous ones we share inside and I couldn’t have been more happier.

Pulling away slowly, I looked up into Jacob’s eyes as I weaved my fingers over the short hairs at the nape of his neck, “Your just so incredibly perfect. I keep staring at you waiting for you to disappear into thin air or something. Your just too good to be true,” I told him honestly.

“I promise you I’m not going anywhere Mia. There’s no one else I’d rather be with,” he said sweetly before giving me one last peck and turning forward to drive onto the road and towards his parents beach house. 

We pulled up to a beautiful three level beach house about ten minutes later. I had to admit I was very impressed with his parents place. It was in a great location, you could clearly see a perfect view of the beach only few yards away. Pulling to a stop behind two other cars, Jacob turned off the car and turned to me with a sigh.

“Okay, so here’s the deal, if you feel overwhelmed at all or just want to call it a night tell me and we can leave. I know how my mom can be and I won’t judge you if you want to take off early,” Jacob said making me give a small giggle.

“Jacob don’t worry, I’m sure everything will be fine. I mean really what’s the worst that could happen at a dinner anyway?” I said trying to reassure him and silently trying to reassure myself as well.

Jacob nodded his head after a minute and gave a small grin, “Yeah your right everything should be fine. I personally hope this night goes quickly,” he said before opening his door and stepping out.

jogging over to my side Jacob opened my door as well and outstretched his hand to me. Taking it I pushed myself out of the car and waited for him to close the door after me. 

Jacob twisted around to face me then and placed my hand back in his. Tugging me along he led the way towards the front door of the beach house and as we got closer my nerves started to build. 

As we stepped up to the wrap around porch, Jacob gave my hand a light squeeze before knocking on the door with his free hand. We only waited for a few moments before the door was pulled open revealing a middle aged woman that looked no day over forty-seven. Her hair was an unnatural blonde and she didn’t have a wrinkle in sight; she was very pretty. She was dressed in a classy conservative way with high waisted black dress pants and a silk deep red button blouse. She had a string of pearls around her neck and a matching set around her wrist. 

She was grinning from ear to ear as she gazed at Jacob, I’m not sure she even noticed I was standing right beside him. The woman immediately outstretched her arms and brought Jacob into a tight huge, giving him multiple kisses on the cheek in the process.

“Oh Jacob dear, how have you been? It feels like I haven’t seen my son in ages. You’ve been being respectable since you’ve been here I hope,” his mom said making me smile slightly. His mom didn’t seem so bad, in fact she seemed quite sweet from what I’ve seen so far, I thought to myself as I watched them greet each other. 

A few more moments went past before Jacob’s mom finally pulled away. Still without acknowledging me or giving Jacob a chance to answer any of her questions, she turned and started walking back through the house, yelling over her shoulder for Jacob to come in and follow her.

Giving a quick glance at Jacob, I gave him a questioning look, “Are you sure I should go in, I’m not even sure your mom noticed me standing here,” I asked him in a unsure tone.

Jacob gave another one of his perfect smile before pulling me into the house, “Don’t be silly I think my mom’s just a little excited that’s all. Come on I want you to meet my dad he should be around here somewhere,” he said as he pulled me forward and quickened his pace to catch up with his mom.

We ended up stopping in what looked to be the great room. It was hooked to the kitchen and a small nook with a dinette was off to the side. You could tell they spent a lot of money on just the kitchen alone, it’s stainless steel appliances and dark cherry cabinets being evidence of that. There was a big breakfast island separating the kitchen from the hearth room. All and all it was very nice and very upper class.

Jacob’s mom made her way to the kitchen area, where there was a few more people quietly chatting with one another. There was a tall older version of Jacob standing at the end of the island and I knew immediately that it had to be his dad and just like his wife, he looked very good for his age. The only difference between Jacob and his dad were the salt and pepper hair that was visible on the sides of his dad’s hairline.

Looking away from his dad, I placed my attention on a tall blonde with a model shaped figure. She had her back facing me so I couldn't see her face just yet. Furrowing my brows in curiosity, I turned towards Jacob to ask if that was his cousin or sister, but the look on his face made me change my question altogether. 

Jacob looked like he had just seen a ghost and he was staring right at the unknown blonde women. Not understanding what was going on, I nudged Jacob to get his attention, “Hey, what’s the matter?” I asked him in a soft whisper.

Jacob didn’t even bother to turn towards me, instead he narrowed his eyes and looked towards his mother who was animatedly chatting away with the blonde women.

“What is she doing here?” Jacob said more to himself then me. 

He looked furious now as he glared daggers at his mom. I was even more confused then ever. Jacob’s whole mood just shifted in a matter of seconds and my gut was telling me it had something to do with the blonde women in front of us.

Suddenly, Jacob looked at me and gave me an apologetic expression, “Mia, I am so sorry I swear I didn’t know my mom had invited her,” he said making me look at him questionably.

“I don’t understand, what’s the problem who is that girl?” I asked as I looked back at the blonde girl.

Jacob’s jaw clenched a few time as he ran a hand over his face in frustration. It seemed as though he really didn’t want to tell me and that made me more curious to know who this girl was that had him so upset.

He gave the blonde women and his mom one last glare before turning back to me. He gestured for me to follow him back out to the foyer and so I did my curiosity tuning into worry as I thought about what he was going to say.

When Jacob was satisfied with our distance from the rest of the group he stopped.

“Jacob what is going on? You can tell me,” I said.

Jacob gave another frustrated sigh, “Like I said earlier I promise I didn’t know my mom had invited her,” he started out.

I gave him a confused look, “It’s okay it might be better that another person is here besides me. It will probably take all the attention off of me,” I told him in a joking manner. Deciding that maybe he was just upset that they added another dinner guest seeing as he was going to tell his parents about us tonight. 

He started to shake his head at me then, “No Mia it’s not okay, that women in there isn’t just some guest or family friend of my parents... She’s my ex-girlfriend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 53 11
Mia Monroe is 19. She has everything she wants: a boyfriend, loads of money, and friends. But she doesn't love her boyfriend. When her Dad's best fri...
524K 11.3K 45
PUBLISHED - Link in bio 💕 The summer after her sophomore year in college, Mia takes time to heal after a failed relationship. In an attempt to move...
104K 6.4K 44
(#1 in HEARTWRENCHING) She gave him a ride, and he gave her a million reasons to run him over with her car instead. *** Natalie Fisher (Natt) has hi...
23 1 15
Mia is a 20 year old who's dream is to become a flight attendant. Her best friend Amelia managed to convince her to go on holiday to Dubai with her f...