Little Moon (Lycan Series #1✔)

By RamenLady

(Completed) "If I can't have you, no one else will." **** He lived in my shadow. Guarding. Watching. Waiting... More

Trailer
Character Pictures
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 19

61.7K 2.8K 191
By RamenLady

That night, Invictus slept next to me. He felt better that he was in the room with me and I was too afraid to deny him. It took us a while to fall asleep but we were content in sleeping in each other's arm.

We woke up in the morning, Invictus told me to hurry and get ready. He was going to head downstairs first. He wouldn't say why but only that he had some important matters to take care of. I pulled on a pair of denim shorts and a plain black t-shirt. My hair was neatly combed and was now flowing down my back.

I made my way downstairs to the dining hall where everyone was whispering to each other. Caden and Invictus were speaking in Latin. Marc hasn't come down yet from upstairs. Ron and Max sat quietly next to them as they listened in on the conversation. They didn't look at all happy but when they heard me, their heads shot up and turned my way.

"Good morning." I said as I made my way to the table to sit next to Invictus.

He moved some fruits and bacon onto my plate before going back to talk again. I looked around before I tapped Invictus on the shoulder. He turned to me.

"Where are your parents? Marc is also gone as well as Elena." I said.

"My parents are still upstairs in their bedroom. Marc had a personal errand he had to run. Elena still hasn't appeared this morning. I am assuming she is in her bedroom." He responded. I slowly nodded before picking up my fork to eat.

Caden shot me a few glances while they spoke in Latin and I suddenly felt left out. I quickly finished my food and thought about leaving the table to find something else to entertain me but when Invictus's hand came out to grab mine to prevent me from leaving I turned to him.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I th-" I began but was interrupted when a loud maniacal scream came from the great hall. Invictus shot out of his seat and pushed me behind him in a protective stance. Ron and Max immediately flanked my side.

The scream grew louder as feet padded on the floor. What I saw in front of me scared the living crap out of me. It was a middle aged woman with crazy black hair sticking out everywhere. Her clothes were torn and looked like it was the only pair of clothes she had on for years. Her skin was pale as if she has never met the sun in her life. Her hands were curled up ready to attack. Her eyes landed on Invictus and a crazy maniac smile crept on her face. Her eyes gleamed with bloodlust.

"So I see I found the King to be." She cooed crazily as she approached, tilting her head side to side in a playful manner.

She was crazy. This woman looked like one of those crazy maniac killers from a horror film. My skin crawled with goose bumps as I watched her approach us.

"That's enough, Gilda." Invictus ordered.

She arched an eyebrow as her smile grew wickedly. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Who is she?" I asked softly. Her eyes immediately snapped to me.

For a moment, she was trying to figure out who I was. Her eyes darted from Invictus back to me and then back to Invictus. She was now smiling from ear to ear as her eyes twinkled with what she just found out.

"So, little Invictus found himself his mate." She taunted in her insane voice.

Invictus's lip curled up in anger. Ron and Max moved slowly in a semi circle, following Caden. They now flanked her on all four sides. Her face moved around to look at everyone.

"Oh no. You don't get to capture me again. I am free and I will not go back into that dungeon again!" She roared as she jumped at Invictus. "I will kill you!"

Invictus pushed me back with one hand. I went flying back a few yards as my butt hit the floor. His hand came up and he gripped her around the neck. She clawed at Invictus's chest. I can see his t-shirt ripping apart as she did so. Blood dripped from her claws.

Caden and Ron jumped in and gripped the woman around the shoulder. Max grabbed her around her feet. She thrashed and kicked. Her scream grew louder and more piercing. The sound gave me a chill down my spine.

Simon and Mama Kate appeared and the minute Simon's eyes landed on Gilda. He moved into action as he made his way toward the group that was pinning her down.

Somehow, Gilda escaped. She clawed at Caden's face. A huge gash made it across his cheek. He swore under his breath as he tried to control the crazy woman. Ron got temporarily distracted with the other hand that he let go the arm he was holding down the woman plunged her hand into Ron's stomach before yanking her hand out.

Blood spurted from Ron's mouth. He let go of the woman and grabbed at his stomach. I crawled like crazy over to him. I used my strength to pull him away from the crazy woman. He was still clutching at his stomach.

"Fvcking crazy b1tch!" Ron roared. Mama Kate hurried to our side as she put one hand under Ron's arm.

"We need to get him out of here. The boys can handle her." She said. I nodded and hooked one arm under Ron as we carried him out of the room.

We took him to a bedroom that I assumed was his because it smelled like him. Mama Kate and I carried him over to the bed.

"Lay him down." She ordered as I did gently. She let go of him to head out of the room. I moved to find a clean towel in his bathroom to place over his wound. My eyes moved to look at his face.

He was wincing in pain. His face was a little pale. There was no denying, how freaked out I was. I didn't realize how quickly I have become so close to everyone. I didn't want to see any of them hurt. They were like my own family.

"You will be fine." I whispered. His eyes fluttered opened to look at me.

"Of course, I will be." He said. "Remember, Deidre, it is just a wound. I can't die if she didn't get my spine."

I nodded but my visions were beginning to blur and wetness was pouring down my cheeks. Mama Kate came in with another man who was dressed in a doctor's coat. He was carrying a back as he walked over to examine Ron. I moved away from him.

"He will be just fine." The doctor said. "If you two will give me a moment to take care of him."

We both nodded and walked out. Mama Kate stood outside the door with a blank expression. It was as if she was zoning out. I could only imagine what she was feeling. For seven weeks of knowing everyone I have come to realize just how Mama Kate was protective over everyone, including me. I knew how hard this was on her. I heard shouting and screaming downstairs and my body moved on its own accord.

I found myself walking back to the dining room where I noticed they have managed to pin her down but his uncle who was missing for six weeks was a new individual in the room. Akoni and Caden was now holding him down but he was a lot stronger as he was also a lycan as well. It took several more soldiers to pin Uncle Benny down. My eyes went seeking for Invictus and when I saw him kneeling on the ground with his head down. I sighed with relief but my relief was short lived. He lifted his head up to look at me and I saw that he was also hit. He was clutching at his stomach as blood pour through his fingers.

My heart stopped beating.

I couldn't breathe.

I didn't realize I was screaming until Mama Kate appeared at my side. She gripped my arm but I ripped my hands out of hers. I ran to him in a flash and cradled his cheeks in my hands. Blood spilled slightly out from the corner of his mouth.

"Invictus." I hoarsely spoke. "Jesus, invictus."

He coughed a little and blood splattered before he spoke weakly. "I am not sure what is happening to me."

"What?" I said. I moved to remove his hand it wasn't a wound like Ron. It looked a like a bullet wound.

"You have been shot, Invictus." I cried as I moved closer to him. His body fell on me as he couldn't bear his weight any longer. I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him close to me. A sob escaping my lips as I held him close.

"You better not leave me, Invictus. You still have a lot of making up to do." I cried.

"I know, little moon." He weakly responded.

Mama Kate came to my side. Her hands moved to remove her son's hands as she took a look at the wound. Her face turned a little scared as she saw what has happened.

"Simon." She called. "I need you over here."

Simon was over in a flash as he also looked at his son. "We need to move him somewhere."

He turned to look around and when he saw a soldier who was free he pointed, "You. Go get the doctor, have him come to Prince Invictus's room."

He turned back to us. "Take Invictus upstairs."

Mama Kate and I placed our hands around Invictus now semi-conscious form before starting to leave but I didn't miss Simon ordering the death of his brother and his mate in the coming morning.

We carried Invictus up to his room where I laid him down on the bed. I moved instantly into bed with him. The doctor didn't take long before he arrived. He examined the bullet wound.

"I can still get it out. It isn't deep enough to paralyze him yet. We can still save him." He said hurriedly as he opened up his bag.

Invictus was now unconscious and I refused to leave his side when the doctor ordered us to leave. The doctor eventually allowed me to stay as taking care of Invictus was more important. I had Invictus head in my lap as my bloody hand moved to caress his cheek. A part of me was worried for him but a part of me wondered where the hell was Elena through all this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

772K 20K 51
I closed my eyes ready for my death when I heard a very loud and dangerous growl, I swear I felt the ground under me shook by it. I opened my eyes qu...
146 1 41
Having groan up in an entirely different world from her cousins Lucy was the odd one out. She loved her life out of the world of pack politics and wa...
77.3K 3.7K 75
What if all your life you were told your future was bright? That you were perfect luna-to-be, that the boy you love should according to all signs be...
1M 30K 61
Him: "I've been looking for her for centuries now, and when I caught her scent at the party, I knew I have to go after her. No way in hell I will mis...