Love and Fame

By JeanineEmad

Brittany Calasto, or better known as 'Joe Calasto's daughter' was born and raised in Manhattan New York. Thin... More

Love and Fame
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Twelve

43 0 0
By JeanineEmad

“Something bad happened.” Chloe says once she spots me.

            “What happened?” I ask confused. She shows me a picture of Robert and me at the diner from yesterday. “So? What about it?”

            “It’s all over the school. Everyone’s calling you a cheating bitch.” She says.

            “I don’t care what they have to say. He’s just a really old friend I haven’t seen since I was a kid.”

            “Yeah, okay, as long it wasn’t anything other than that.”

            “Who sent it?”

            “I don’t know it’s a private number.”

            “I know who it is.” I say and Chloe looks at me confused. “That bitch Crystal, she works at the diner, and she’s the only one that I knew there.” I say walking towards her locker. Chloe grabs my arm. “I’m just going to talk to her. Don’t worry.” I say rushing off. I bump into someone and that someone happens to be Luke.

            “We need to talk.” He says through gritted teeth.

            “I’m kind of busy here.” I say running away from him. I run up to Crystal and push her against the locker. Everyone gasps at what I just did. Apparently, nobody ever treats Crystal like this. “You fucking jealous bitch.” I say through gritted teeth trying my hardest not to punch her. “Who the hell do you think you are?”

            “Crystal.” She says sarcastically, “I’d really appreciate if you don’t lay your hands on me.” She says pushing me away.

            “You’re going to be a dead beat Crystal in two damn seconds.” I say and she laughs.

            “Says who?” She says. I punch her square in the jaw and she gasps and holds the spot where I just punched her.

            “Says me,” I say walking away. God it felt so good to hit her. She pulls my hair and I turn around to punch her in the nose. “I’ll watch out if I were you. Your fathers not Joe Calasto, you’re a fucking waiter for crying aloud, you’re nobody Crystal. A fucking nobody,” I scream as people are trying to push me away from her.

            The principle sends me to his office during first period and they tell me I have detention for a week, while Crystal is suspended. I explain everything to them. My dad has to come so they could explain everything to him, but I know he’s not that mad at me, I mean after everything I’ve been through it was finally time I let it all out. He wouldn’t blame me, would he?

            “Can I just go home daddy? Please, I can’t do this. School was such a bad idea. I can’t deal with this shit anymore.”

            “No, you’re already here. We’ll talk when you get home. You have a lot of explaining to do young lady.”  He says and I burst out in tears finally letting everything out. My father just hugs me close. “I’m not mad at you baby girl. I just want you to be a normal girl. I can’t have you leaving school whenever you feel like it. I’ll talk to you when you get home. Okay?” I nod my head and wipe my tears away. He kisses my hair and walks out.

            “Ms. Calasto?” I look up to the principle and he has an apologetic smile on his face. “Here’s your pass back to class. I made an agreement with your father, you were supposed to start your detention today, but I see you have a lot on your mind, so it starts tomorrow. But remember you can’t go punch any body that annoys you.”

            “She didn’t just annoy me. Ever since I got here, she’s been doing this stuff to me. She’s trying to harass me.”

            “I’ll talk to her. For now, just stay out of her way.” He says giving me another smile I walk out and walk into my class and take a seat while everyone stares at me.

            “Damn Ms. Calasto knows how to fight.” I hear one of Luke’s friends say with a chuckle. I glare at him and he takes it as a clue but the rest of the class doesn’t and they bust out laughing.

            “You might be next. So I better watch it if were you.” Another one of the boys says. All the girls are staring at me, whispering.

            I see one of Crystal’s best friends in the back. “But if she never cheated on Luke, none of this would’ve happened.” She says.

            I get up to walk up to her face. “It’s not proof that I was cheating, it’s not sex tape it’s a fucking picture. Get over it.”

            “Damn rich girl know how to talk.” Someone says and I turn around to see Luke high five the kid the said it. I guess him and me aren’t on talking terms. The teacher finally walks in after making copies of our assignment. “Luke what do you think? Was she cheating, or not?”

            “I don’t know.” He says and I look at him.

            “Believe what you want. I don’t give a fuck about you guys anymore.” I yell running out of the classroom.

            Once in my car, I call my father up and telling him, I quite school. “It’s okay, just come by the hotel. I don’t want you home alone.” He says I hang up and drive to the construction sight. I don’t go in, especially because I’m crying. Someone knocks on my window and I look up to see a concerned Robert looking down on me. I open my window a crack so he could talk.

            “Could you unlock the doors?” He says and I do as he says he opens the door and pulls me out taking my keys out as well. “You want to talk about it?” He asks and I shake my head. “Well it seems pretty bad, since your father, rushed out of here like it was on fire.” He says chuckling.

            “Please don’t laugh at my miserable life.” I say beginning to cry again. He just wraps his arms around me while I cry into his shirt. “I hate my life so much.” I say.

            “No you don’t, you just hate some people who are in it.” He says and I look at him and smile a little. “Did you have a fight with your boyfriend?”

            “I don’t even know what he is right now. Turns out that bitch took a picture of us sitting with each other and sent it to everyone in the school. Everyone was calling me a cheating bitch, so I punched her in the face.”

            “So what’s the matter about punching her in the face?” He says.

            “In class, everyone was like ‘damn rich girl know how to fight’ I just can’t take it when someone calls me a rich girl. I’m not even that spoiled. I don’t live in a mansion, I don’t have a Maserati, I don’t have a driver. That’s what rich spoiled people have. I have none of those, I live in a normal house, I have Mercedes, and I drive myself to school everyday.” I say.

            “Fuck them, maybe they aren’t your true friends after all, and maybe Luke was a fake after all. If he believed what they were saying than he doesn’t deserve you.”

            “It’s just that. On our way to the diner, I let him know I went out with one of my father’s workers, and he still believed Crystal. I just can’t take it anymore.”

            “So what are you going to do now? Just sit home and watch TV?”

            “No, I’m absolutely not going to.” I say with a huge grin on my face. “ I’m going to live my fucking life the way everyone think’s I am. I’m going to become so spoiled they’re not going to believe I’m Brittany any more.” 

            “You’re going to become somebody you don’t want to be because of some asshole. Prove them wrong and stay the way you are because you’re perfect just the way you are.”

            “I know, I don’t want to take advantage of my father’s money, but I’m miserable. What else do you want me to do?

            Someone knocks on the window giving both of us a heart attack. I look at the window to see Luke standing there. “Don’t even look at him.” I tell Robert. “What he did is unforgivable.” I whisper we go back to talking and joking as if nothing is bothering me while Luke keeps knocking on my window. “Hold on, he’s not going to stop until I talk to him.” I open my window a little bit. “What do you want?”

            “I want to talk to you.” He says.

            “You already said what you had to say. I’m done fighting, I saw who you really were today, and I’m done.” I say closing the window. I look at Robert to see he’s trying to hold in his laughter by biting his bottom lip. “If you bite any harder you’re going to start bleeding.” I say and he just starts to crack up tears running down his face.

            “So what, he’s just a rebound?” That shuts Robert up as he reaches for the door handle. I pull his hand away.

            “He’s not worth it. Don’t waste your time on him.”

            “What’s he going to do anyway fight me for you? Who ever wins has your heart? Is that how the famous people play it?”

            This time I’m the one to open my door. Robert follows my move and moves around the car until he’s at my side. “He’s not fighting you, and you’re not fighting him. I’m done with all the high school drama. I’m done with you.” I say shoving my finger into his chest. “Because while you were there high fiving your friends insulting me, he was waiting here with open arms.” I say shoving him off the property.

            “So that’s it? It’s over?”

            “Yes, it’s over, go back to Crystal.” I say walking away from him and back to Robert. He just hugs me wrapping both arms around me. “What’s he doing?” I whisper.

            “Well he kicked his car door so hard there’s a huge dent in it.” He says I turn to see and he’s right. Luke speeds off of the property.

            “Looks like you’re my only friend now. Ms. Rich and Famous is officially a loser, and single.”

            “You’re not a loser. You’re anything but a loser.” He whispers in my ear while hugging me.

            “What happened now?” I turn to see my father looking at me arms crossed over his chest.

            “I just broke up with Luke.” I say walking into the construction sight to see men doing the reception done and painting walls or putting on wallpaper.

            “Brit, come here for a second.” My father yells from outside. I walk out and meet my father by my car. “I’m sending you home, with Robert so you don’t have to be alone. No more school for you.” He says kissing me on the head. “I’m sorry it’s all my fault for thinking school would be a good idea.”

            “I agreed to it so don’t blame yourself. I’m just happy I realized what people are like.” I whisper. “I sure hope you’re not like that Robert.” I say.

            “I’m sure not.” He says with a smile.

            “I heard that before.” I say and my father laughs.

            “Trust me sweetheart. I wouldn’t be sending him to our house with you if I didn’t trust him.” My father says patting Robert on the back. “You better be good to her, or I’ll have your ass kicked to the street.” My father threatens.

            “I’ll treat her like she deserves to be treated.” Robert says. “I’ll meet you there, Brit, I’m just going to stop by to grab some lunch, and I’ll meet you at your house.”

            “Okay, I’ll see you in a little.” I put my top down and drive off with the music blasted. I get home to see Luke’s car in the driveway. I see him in the driver’s seat so I park right next to him and pretend I don’t see him and walk into my house. I slam the door shut but that doesn’t stop him from opening the door. “Don’t you dare step a foot in this house.” I yell. He walks in anyways and closes the door behind him.

            “What has gotten into you? What happened to the sweet girl I fell in love with?” He says walking closer to me.

            “You happened? Okay, you happened than that bitch Crystal. I can’t even believe you.” I say.

            “You can’t believe me? How do you think that makes me feel? You were in the picture with another dude.”

            “And I happen to have sent you a damn text message telling you I was going to lunch with my father’s worker.”

            “How was I supposed to know your father was going to have…”

            “Good looking workers? What are you jealous?” I say.

            “Maybe I am. Okay, maybe I am jealous because unlike you I happen to have deep feelings for you.”

            “If you had feelings for me you wouldn’t be a jealous prick. I have feelings too, it’s not all about you. I could hang out with other people as well. I don’t tell you who to hang out with.” I yell.

            “Okay, I let the jealousy get the best of me. So what, you know if you saw me in a picture with a person who looked like Megan Fox you would’ve gotten jealous.”

            “No I wouldn’t because unlike you I’m not self conscious. I don’t care who you hang out with, and I want you to leave me the hell alone.” I run up to my room and slam the door shut. I hear the door open than shut and walk back downstairs to see Luke stand there with Robert. I stop at the top making sure they don’t see me.

            “What the fuck do you think you’re doing here?” I here Luke say to Robert.

            “I was invited here unlike you. I’d just leave if I were you. You’re making this harder for her.” He says. Here I am thinking that Robert would have beaten the crap of Luke. He’s actually being nice.

            “I can’t just leave her. I don’t know what I did was wrong. I can’t picture my life without her. I need to win her back.”

            “You need to do more than say you’re sorry. What you did was way shady, shadier than what the girl did.”

            “I’m sorry I called you her rebound, I just wasn’t thinking, I was pissed off, and when I ran out after her she was gone, her car was gone, I went looking for her, and I saw her with you. I guess I just let the jealousy take over.”

            “It’s cool. I know you love her, and she loves you too.” Robert says. What is he doing, I thought he liked me. Maybe he would have taken advantage of me being single and asked me out.

            “How do you know she loves me? Last time I checked she broke up with me.”

            “She couldn’t stop talking about you yesterday, that’s one thing, and every time I tried to hug her something she would feel uncomfortable and move away and tell me she has a boyfriend.” Robert says.

            “So why’d Crystal take the picture in the first place?” Luke asks.

            I can’t take this anymore. He’s a fucking dumbass that’s what he is. I run downstairs to face an embarrassed looking Luke. “She’s a jealous bitch. Why else would she try to break us up? Why do you think I punched her twice?”

            “Ugh, I’m so stupid.” He says putting his head in his hands shaking his head. “I can’t believe I did this to you.”  

            “I can’t believe this either, because if you loved me you wouldn’t have even thought that I would cheat in the first place.”

            “I love you okay?” He yells aloud. “I’m just insecure when it comes to other guys. I don’t want anyone to take you away from me. Please just forgive me.” He pleads. I look at Robert and he shrugs. I grab Roberts arm and drag him to the living room.

            “I don’t know what to do.” I whisper. “Part of me wants to forgive him but the other part doesn’t.”

            “What does your heart say?” He says and I shrug.

            “I don’t know, I mean I want to forgive him, but he hurt me, I don’t know what I want to do. Maybe I’ll give it time, he has to prove that he’s sorry.”

            “Exactly, let him work for your forgiveness.” He says and I smile.

            “Thanks for being here for me.” I say, he takes my hand in his and looks me in the eyes.

            “We’re friends. It’s what I’m here for okay. I don’t want to see those tears anymore.” I smile at him.

            “Are we friends or best friends?” I ask.

            “You want to be best friends?” I nod my head and he nods his with me. “Okay, than we’ll be best friends.” He kisses my forehead. “Just don’t let anyone bring you down. Or I’ll have to kick their ass.”

            “Deal,” We shake hands and I walk out with a smile on my face. I look around for Luke but he’s not inside. I open the door to see his car is still here. I walk out to the back and I see him sitting on the same exact spot we laid when that article came out. I sit next to him and he looks at me. “Were you crying?” I ask he shakes his head denying it. He puts his head down embarrassed that I caught him. “Why?”

            “Because I feel bad for what I put you through, remember the first day you came when I told you how people could be around here?” I nod my head. “What I did to you today, is the kind of act that I was talking about. I hurt you in more ways than possible. I can’t even forgive myself for what I did to you. I’m supposed to be the one you run to when stuff like that happen, but I was the one that made it worse on you.” He finishes.

            “You want to know what that did to me.” I ask. He nods his head. “It made me decide to quite school. What’s the point of going to public school if I could always be homeschooled? What you did to me is unforgivable. Saying you don’t know if I cheated or not, that’s one thing. The other thing is when everyone was calling me a cheating bitch, you didn’t even stop them, you didn’t even look at me. How do I know you won’t do that to me again? How am I ever going to trust you again?” I ask with tears in my eyes.

            “I don’t expect you to forgive me. I just don’t want to lose you. All I want to know right now is if there will be at least a friendship for us. I can’t picture my life without you.”

            “I don’t know, honestly, I don’t think I need friends at this point in my life. But if you could prove you want me as a friend you’re going to work hard for it.”

            “What do you consider Robert?” He asks.

            “This is what I mean. When I say, prove you want to be my friend than you have to stop comparing yourself to him. You don’t know his story. Don’t be jealous about him, because trust me you have something that he’ll never be able to have. He needs someone in his life.”

            “What do you mean he needs someone in his life?” Luke asks looking me in the eyes.

            “It’s not my place to tell you, but I’ve known him since I was a kid, what do expect me just to ignore him whenever I’m around him? Just don’t get jealous of him okay? Because you know I can’t love two people at once, it’s either you or him. If you keep on comparing yourself to him, than I don’t know what to tell you.”

            “Okay, okay, I’ll stop comparing.” He says putting his hands up as if surrendering. “But I have to go can’t be late for dinner.” He says getting up. I get up as well and walk him to the door. “When am I going to be able to see you?”

            “I don’t know tomorrow might be my last official day but I might just be dropping off my books and that’s it.”

            “Are you sure you want quite school, just like that?” He asks.

            “I’m positive, I can’t go back there, I hate them, especially your stupid friends.” I say.

            “You’re just going to stay home?”

            “No, I have to help my father with the hotel. There is no convincing me to go back there Luke. It’s done, nobody could change what happened.”

            “You’re just let them scare you off?” He says.

            “I’m not scared of them, I already beat up Crystal. Do you really want to see what your friend will look like with a broken leg, because I’m not scared to fight a guy, I could easily break a bone with just my hands?” I say and he shudders. “Exactly my point, if I stay in that school everyone will have at least one broken bone by the end of the school year. So I’d rather just not face them.”        

            “If you’re not scared about hitting boys, than why didn’t you hit Brian?” He asks me. I look at him like he’s crazy.

            “Because, you’ve seen what he did to me just by breaking up with him, you think he’ll let anyone touch him? Even if I am a girl he’s not scared to hit back.” I say. I tear rolls down my cheek. He wipes it away and I back away from him. “You can’t fix anything right now. Please just let me be alone.”

            “Okay, fine, but please don’t hate me.” He says backing away.

I walk into the house. “I can never hate you.” I whisper to myself. I lean against the door, put my head into my hands, and start to cry.

            Robert comes up to me and wraps his arms around me. “It’s okay, it’ll get better.” He whispers into ear.

            “No it won’t. I hate my life.” I whisper back. “My life will never be better.”

            “Who are you kidding? Every guy will be lucky to have you in their life.” He says.

            “Yeah because my father is Joe Calasto, you really think any guy will love me for me?” I say.

            “Do you think I care that your father owns the Calasto Hotel? You’re just a normal girl like anyone else.”

            “I’m not a normal girl.” I say almost shout to him. He takes a step back shocked and I slide myself down to the floor. He follows my move and wipes my tears away that I didn’t feel.

            “Why do you say that?” He says.

            I look him in the eye and look down my feet shaking my head. “My first boyfriend rapes me. My ex boyfriend accuses me of cheating on him. What next, my next boyfriend accuses me of murder?”

            “Every boyfriend accuses their girlfriends of something. It’s normal, and as for your first boyfriend he could suck a di…” I cut him off before he could say anything else. “Look Brittany, I know it doesn’t mean much to you if I say this, but there is someone out there that cares about you. Love isn’t anything without trust. So if what’s his name doesn’t trust you to go out with me, than he doesn’t really love you. He may care about you, but it’s not love.”

            “I don’t know what to do anymore.” I say and he just puts his hand on my cheek and smiles.

            “You’re going to be strong.” He removes his hand from my face. He says holding out his hand I take and I start laughing.

            “Thank you.” I whisper while we walk into the back yard just to relax in the sun.

“So you want to eat lunch now? Since we didn’t get to eat it before?” My stomach growls and we both laugh. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

            “Ugh, I’m starving.” He pulls out a box of fried chicken from KFC and other things from there as well. “How did you know I loved KFC?”

            “Everybody loves it. But I also remember you being obsessed with it when we met each other all those years ago.”

            “Well you have a fairly good memory.” I say and he nods. “How come we only saw each other that once, how come we never really hung out together?”

            “Well you lived in New York, and I always lived here. I mean our father’s would always take a week to see each other but they never included us.”

            “No wonder where my father was all those times ago. I didn’t think it would be to hang out with your father. How did they know each other anyway?”

            “They went to high school together. My father moved here for college and never thought of going back to New York. Since he met my mother so here I am now, working for your father.”

            “Well I’m glad we bumped into each other. Or else I would be in my room crying right now.” I say with a small laugh. “You’re one of my rare close friends. You might actually be my only one.” I say with a frown.

            “Who needs friend when we have each other?” He says and I smile because he’s right. Why would I want friends if their just going to run away from me one day?

            “I just hope that now we stay friends. Instead of moving on like we did all those years ago. I could have had a friend to go when shit came up.” I say.

            He kisses my hair and wraps me in a hug. “I’m here now, and I promise I’m not going anywhere.” He whispers in my ear. “We’re friends for life.”

            “Pinky promise?” He sticks out his pinky and we wrap our pinky’s together making a promise to always be friends no matter what.

            He stays a few more hours than decides to leave saying we both have long days ahead of us. As soon as he leaves I go to bed.

***

            Robert and I have been seeing each other everyday. He either, comes over to hang out and to visit, or I go to the hotel and help, I would most likely be helping Robert just to hang out with him more. My father doesn’t seem to mind that I’ve been spending most my time with him, he probably trust Robert since he was so close with his father.

            “Hey Brit come here for a second, I need your help.” Robert yells out from the back of the room. I look around for him and spot him in a corner holding out a piece of wood.

            “Yes?” I say and he just laughs.

            “Nothing, just keep me company.  I enjoy spending time with you while working.” He says and I blush.

            “Are you sure you don’t need help? Just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean I can’t help out.” I say and he chuckles.

            “I’m positive. Don’t you see that I’m doing more work than anyone else here, and I’m not even tired yet?” He says with a smirk.

            I playfully push his shoulder and laugh. “You and arrogance.” I say.

            During break, my father takes Robert and me out for lunch at the local mall. Of course, I get Chinese food. The one at the mall is better than any Chinese food I have had while living here. I push my tray towards Robert patting my stomach. “Ugh, I’m so full. I probably gained five pounds.” I say taking a sip of my soda.

            “Nah, you probably lost five pounds since the last time I saw you.” Robert says. I blush knowing he might be right. Ever since I quite school I haven’t been eating right. I mean I would eat, but not as much as I used to.

            “Alright, we should probably get back to work.” My father says getting up from his seat. He whispers something in Roberts’s ear and he nods. As we make our way to the entrance, we pass by a magazine stand and the first thing I see is a magazine with me on the cover. I walk up to it and pick it up. The title is ‘Brittany cheating on her boyfriend?’ and it has the picture of Robert and me at the diner.

            “That bitch.” I say to myself. I buy the magazine and once we get in the car I read over the article. Robert looks at me and looks at the magazine.

            “When you get that?” He asks and I shrug.

            “At the mall, while you were walking to the car.” I say and he grabs it from me. “Hey give it back, I wasn’t done reading it.” I say and he tosses out of the window.

            “Now, you’ll never finish reading it.” He says closing the window. “Don’t do that to yourself, it’s guarantee heartbreak. Those magazines are nothing but lies.” He says and I shrug.

            “Yeah but I wanted to know what hey say about us. What if they said we’re the new ‘it couple’? What would you say?”

            “We’re not even a couple so I’d say false alarm.” He says and I laugh. Than he laughs and my father just smiles at me through the mirror.

            We get back to the hotel and all the workers are in a circle. “Hey what’s going on?” My father says walking up to the circle. I look at Robert and we both run up the gathered men to see what’s going on.

            One of the fun workers is sitting down in the middle on some kind of wood just staring at the floor. “John, what’s going?” My father says kneeling down next to him.

            “My son,” John says and begins to sob. His son is like three years old, such a cutie. “My son was just diagnosed.”      

            “Diagnosed with what?” My father asks standing up.

            “He has cancer.” He chokes out. Me Robert, and my father gasp, and my father puts a hand on John’s back.

            “Go home, spend time with your son, take all the time off you need, alright?” He nods and my father gives him a man hug and another pat on the back. “You take care, and you know I’m only a phone call away.” My father says with a smile. “He’ll be okay.”

            “Thank you.” John says walking out.

            Everyone get’s back to work and Robert and I start to work in a corner hanging some paintings that match the wall.

            “No more school?” I shake my head. “I was bound to see that one coming he says with a smile walking back into the building. 

            My father walks up to Robert and me. “Brittany, it’s getting late, you should go home, and I’ll bring you dinner in a few hours.

            I play some music making it louder driving through a green light, the next thing I know is that I’m hanging upside down. Not realizing what just happened I start cry trying to get of the car. I realize I  can’t move my leg and I start to scream. Someone comes to the window. “Help is on the way. Are you alright?” The man asks I manage to nod not being able to say any words. A few minutes later, I hear ambulance and police sirens and my father pulls into the scene and running to my car.

            The paramedics get me out of the car easily. I stand on my own my feet but one of them gives out on me and I fall to floor, landing on my butt. I look around me and notice there is a huge circle around the scene. I start to cry hysterically and my father sits down next to me. “It’s going to be okay sweetie, you hear me? Everything will be okay.” My father says with tears. I hug my father back and he kisses my hair. The paramedics pick me up carefully and start asking questions while walking me into the ambulance. I doze off in a deep sleep before we even get to the hospital.

            When I wake up, I look around me disappointed hoping everything was a dream. I see Robert sitting down in a chair reading something. I cough and he looks up at me with a sad smile. “How are you feeling?” He asks.

            “I’m good, could be better though.” I say with a shrug.

            “You’re strong you know that right?” He says with a genuine smile and I smile back.

            “I have to be. How did you find out?” I ask and he shrugs.

            “Your father got the call as soon as it happened. He ran out of the hotel without saying a word. We all knew something happened to you. I’m just glad you’re okay.” He says.

            “Where is my dad?” I ask and the door opens my father walks in with a couple of bags of food. “Speak of the devil.” I say with a chuckle. He smiles. He hands me a bag. I open it and start to eat. “Thanks Daddy. This is great.”

            “Anything for my princess,” He says with a smile. “How are feeling?” He asks.

            “I’m doing well.” I say and he looks at me with a look. “Honestly, I’m good. I mean I’m still in shock but I’m doing well.”

            “I know you’re a strong girl. The strongest girl I have ever met.” He says and I laugh.      

            “I take that after you.” I say and he smiles and kisses my forehead.

            “Everyone’s worried about you. Even Luke, he came to the hotel looking for you a few hours ago.”

            “Does he know?” My father nods. “Why didn’t he come?”

            “He did, but I told him to leave because you were sleeping.” Robert says. “He’ll be back later though.”

            “Oh.” I say. “How long was I in here for?”

            “Since yesterday afternoon” My father says. I look at him shocked. “The medicine they gave you kept you asleep till now.”

            The door opens and Luke walks in and runs up to me with tears in his eyes. “I’m so sorry.” He says taking my hand. My father looks at Luke and back at me. I nod and my father walks out grabbing Robert on his way out leaving me alone with Luke.

            “Luke, please don’t cry.” I say wiping away his tears. He takes my hand and kisses it. “Luke, please.” I whisper to him. I look at him and he’s still crying. “I don’t want to cry.”

            “I just love you so much. You don’t know how much I love you.” He whispers and I just kiss his cheek.

            “I love you too, Luke.” I whisper back holding his hand tighter. “I just don’t want to see you cry over me.” I say and he nods. I hold his face in my palm and he closes his eye. I peck him on the lips and he smiles. He kisses my forehead and stands up.

            “Please just tell me you’ll forgive me for everything I put you through. I’ll die happy if you just forgive me.” He says and I laugh.

            “You could die happy Luke because I forgive you. Didn’t that kiss tell you so?” I say with a smile. He looks at me, and smiles.

            “So you’ll come back to school?” He asks and I shake my head. “But Brittany,” He whines I laugh at his childish behavior.

            “No buts, I’m not going back there.” I say and he leans down and kisses me on the lips.

            “Please, for me?” He gives me the puppy dog face and I shake my head.

            “That look doesn’t work with me.” I say and he laughs. “There’s only a month left for graduation, you could wait a month without me being by your side 24/7.” I say.

            “Exactly, we have a month left to graduate. So why won’t you continue the last month. You’ve gone to school your whole life, you’re going to throw away the diploma just a month before you finish.” He says and I shrug.

            “I don’t want to go through the embarrassment again. They all hate me.”

            “Crystal hates you, and Crystal is nobody, everyone was disappointed when you decided to leave.”

            “Who knows about the accident?” I ask and he shrugs and looks down hiding something. “Luke, be honest with me. How many people know about the accident?”

            “The whole country?” He says more like a question. I sigh and lean my head down on the pillow. “It was on the news. I mean how could it not be. You’re Brittany Calasto, what do you expect?”

            “I expect people stay out of my fucking life.” I say a tear running down my face. “Is that too much to ask? Why can’t I live a normal life?”

            “Because normal is so overrated Brittany, I don’t know why you’re being blind but you have to realize, you’re perfect the way you are.” He says and I cry even harder.

            “My life gets harder and harder by the day. I found myself on the cover of a magazine stating I cheated on you.”

            “Don’t blame yourself for that bitch Crystal. Live the way you want, fuck the media.”

            “Do you love me?” I ask.

            “Obviously, I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t.” He says with a sad smile.

            “Than you would stop saying fuck the media, because I care what people think of me.” I whisper and he nods. “I don’t want to be rude, but I really want to get some sleep.” I say and he nods. He kisses me on the lips before walking through the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

723 0 54
Jerica Jo James loves to draw, it's something she's done since she's been a small child. Over the years she's only gotten better. Now at the age of 2...
150 5 11
Valerie Caterina Bianchi is a 16 years old girl, with an American and Italian background. But after all she is American. She have a plan to go to her...
1.6M 48.3K 32
I'm Matteo De Luca. A successful businessman in New York City. I have it all, the penthouse, the fast cars, the many vacation houses. I am successful...
673K 25.9K 40
"If you asked me three months ago what heartbreak was, I would tell you it's losing somebody close to you due to unspeakable circumstances. But right...