Nothing, But A Number

By JohnsonDreamer

PSA: THIS IS A STORY ABOUT A BLACK BROWN SKIN GIRL! THE MAIN CHARACTER IS BLACK! (There isn't a picture of th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter tweleve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thriry-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three

Chapter thirty-two

9.7K 431 224
By JohnsonDreamer

——————
Don't forget to vote and comment!
——————————-

Shannon's POV

"Bitch, the fuck?!" TT says. "I know damn well you didn't let that little white boy walk away unscathed!"

I just sit back and sip my drink as I hear the girls go back and fourth about my recent events. Right now we're in Greece celebrating Story's birthday at Dante's beach house with their kids.

"Wait does Dante know?" May asks, with a worried look.

"Yes the hell I do." he says, making his grand entrance.

"Here we go with his bullshit." Jessica says, rolling her eyes and taking a sip of her mimosa.

Tonya just chuckles at everyone's antics.

"So what do you think about your sister in law antics?" Linda asks, looking up at him.

"I'm proud to say the least." he says, squatting down to pet the golden retriever that was laying at my feet.

"Really?!" they all said in shock, even Tonya.

"Yeah. Things are a little deeper then how they were with her and Nicolás, so I was expecting this outcome." he says, standing back up.

"Wooo chile." TT says, sipping her drink.

"I can see that." Tonya says, shrugging and sitting more up in her seat.

"But I can't believe this dumb nut gave this dude a fucking choice." Jessica says, throwing a cherry tomato at me.

Shut the fuck up, I couldn't help it.

I look over at Dante to see him giving me a look, causing me to break eye contact with him.

"Where's my sister?" I ask, finally speaking up.

"With the kids right now." he answers, taking the available seat next to me.

"So bitch why you do it? For a chick who holds no cut card you sure held a hell of a one for him." TT asks, not letting it go.

I knew I shouldn't have told them yet. This topic is still a little too sensitive.

"Because... like Dante said it's a little deeper this time." I answer.

"How?!" Jessica asks, not buying it. "Don't tell me you went soft because you final man the fuck up and got laid after five years."

I'm starting to get agitated. See I love my girls, but they not the most sensitive beings and sometimes they don't know how to read the room. Especially TT and Jessica, they asses just don't care and just want the tea.

"Chill out now." Tonya says, speaking up.

"Yeah, whatever." Jessica says, leaning back in her chair.

"It's different because there isn't a child between us like how me and Nicolás. I also feel different about Lucas this time my emotions are a little more intense this time around." I explain, looking at my glass.

See it's easy to talk a big game, but it's hard backing the shit up. I'm not saying I'm a capper and I want to take back what I said because at the end of the day it had to be done. It's just that this time around hit different. Even when me and Nicolás was going back and fourth I knew the love was dead on both ends, love meaning in an intimate way. I felt like I was just fighting him to keep him in Story's life at the end of the day.

This time, my emotions for Lucas isn't dead, deep down I love him. Deep down I want him here with me. Deep down I hope he really comes back to me, but if he doesn't I'll keep it moving and try not to put any more energy into him. Right now I'm missing the feeling of his arms being wrapped around me and much more.

"Mmhmm." Jessica says.

"It's just a little complicated for me right now guys. At the moment my heart and head isn't agreeing with each other and it's going tit for tat." I say, still not making eye contact.

I want to leave right now because this vulnerability shit isn't the move, at all. I don't care who you are, you can be Dante, Tonya, or even my momma and I will still not show you vulnerability. My grand momma taught me that. Her ass practically beat it into me when I was younger.

Oh how much I hated staying at my moms, mom house alone. Believe it or not being an alcoholic runs on that side of the family too.

I hate it here....

I hate how I can't even get over a damn boy. It's been two freaking days damnit!

I swear love is for the weak.

Lucas's POV

After what happened at my place a couple days ago. I had to just go. Timothy worked things out with Jeffery about letting me take some time off. He gave me four days plus the weekend. When Timothy told me that I packed up immediately and left. I didn't give the guys an explanation, I didn't leave a note, no nothing. I just got in the car with my bag and left.

Looking back on it I know I fucked up royally, but in my defense I thought I could really be a friend to Daisy. Then again deep down my subconscious knew that wasn't going to be the case.

I arrived at my parents house the night Shannon left, and I've been here ever since. Recently they moved out the city and onto the outskirts of Sydney. Ever since I've arrived I haven't talked to anyone and when I do it's just short answers. The person who I came to see is my dad. Don't get me wrong I love my mom, but me and her never really had a connection. I guess because she's not really my mom, and she never really made the effort to be.

They said he was on a fishing trip and that he should be back soon. At the moment I'm sitting out back near the lake just sipping on a beer. Not thinking about nothing in particular. Only to soon be taken from my mindless gaze by the sound of grass rustling.

"So I hear you came to visit your old man." my dad says, sitting on the picnic bench next to me. "Beautiful night I see." he says, putting two beers on the table.

It is a beautiful night, but I didn't say that.

"Talk to me son." he says, in a soft tone while popping his cap off the beer.

What can I say other than I fucked up?

"Life's a little complicated dad." I say, taking another sip of my beer.

"Well son, I told you that." he says. "But obviously bitching and moaning about it won't make it go away." he says.

See here's where I wish my mom was still alive. Right now I'm not ready to hear a speech. I want to be heard and critiqued. Not bashed and more upset.

"But seeing how you came to see me, you obviously came for some parenting or a man to man advice." he says, sipping his beer. "Now spill." he demands.

I don't—

"Don't worry the kids and the wife is sleep. So if you end up getting a little emotional no one will be here to see it." he adds, getting comfortable in his seat.

Despite my dad being unable to read the room sometimes with me, I still wouldn't ask for anyone else to vent to. I'm a stubborn person when it comes to projecting emotion, especially sadness but for him it's different.

"Well... I met her dad."

Is what I start with.

"Ahh I see... I never expected for it to come this early for you, but then again my father always say our family finds it young."

Too young in my opinion

"And I fucked up." I say, sighing and putting my elbows on my knees.

He pats me on the back.

"I was doing so good, I was actually becoming more of myself and I felt it too. My ways were starting to change and how I usually would go about certain things changed too, and it wasn't like I was intentionally changing it either."

"Ahhh, I see... you've actually met her." he says, and I can hear him scratch his stubble.

"Yeah, I can genuinely say I have, but I've met her at the wrong time sadly." I say, leaning back.

"Now is this the girl I've been seeing you all over social media with?"

"Yeah."

he just whistles. "Well damn son." he says, scratching his beard again. "Now, I know you are venting at the moment, but I can't help but to think I've raised a dumb ass now. You let her get away?!"

See this is what I'm talking about

"Come on now dad." I say, in all seriousness.

"Alright, alright. My bad... tell me where it all went wrong."

And just like that I started gave him our whole back story.

Shannon's POV

After this morning shit hasn't been sitting right with me. For some reason TT and Jessica has really been being a bitch today, I think they are on their periods the more I think about it. I tried spending sometime with Story today, but she wasn't having it, for two reasons. One being that she really wanted Lucas and the guys to travel with us and two being because she's been playing with all the kids. So I just decided to stay up under my sister all day.

I know she knows something is up because she knows I'm never really attached to her, unless something is wrong. Dante and Tonya decided to keep their distance seeing how I don't want to mess with anyone other than my sister. Dante's dumb ass decided to rid the house of all alcoholic drinks and lock them in the cellar. Of course everyone was upset wanting to know why they have to be sober for a kids birthday week, but he didn't tell. I knew he was doing it because of me, but everyone doesn't know that.

May earlier suggests that I go out and find me a little lay for tonight, but I declined. Don't get me wrong I'm not that in my feelings that I don't want another man to cater to me. It's just that I am very picky of who I let stick their shit in me. The only two people whose ever been in me was Nicolás and Lucas. Now giving me head... that's another conversation.

I did got out however because at the end of the day I needed a drink. While I was there at a bar away from everyone it felt wrong on so many different levels. This is my daughter's birthday week and I'm over here trying to drink my life away or find someone to give me pleasure. After coming to that realization I couldn't even finish my glass. That was over an hour ago.

"Dante?" I ask, knocking on his at home office door.

"Come in." he answers.

Opening the door I see him at his desk reading some files.

"How can I help you donnicciola(sissy)?" he asks, not looking up.

"Can I borrow my sister from you tonight?"

His automatically whips his head up at me. By the look in his eyes I can tell he's surprised by my request. In all honesty it's usually the other way around. She's usually asking for me. He just continues to eye me.

He knows something is definitely wrong now.

"Did something happen while you were out?" he asks, studying me.

I just shake my head.

He raises an eyebrow, for some reason not buying it. But nonetheless he agrees and waves me off.

Closing the door I go on the hunt to find my sister in this maze of a house. At the moment it is eleven o'clock and all the kids were put to sleep thirty minutes ago. I go out back to see my sister helping Dante's parents clean up along with the maids.

"Awe! Look who came to see us Gio!" Dante's mom says, with her thick Italian accent.

"Oh, la mia seconda figlia!(my second daughter)" Dante's dad says, coming to me with open arms.

I just smile lightly and open my arms as well.

"How are you il mio bambino?(my child)" he asks, giving me a huge hug.

"I'm good papa." I say, into his warm embrace.

If anything, I have always been jealous of Dante when it comes to having parents. Don't get me wrong my parents love me, but it was always touch and go. They were always harder on me then they were on Alexis, for two reasons. One being because she was too "soft" and two being because I wouldn't let them fuck with her. They always labeled me as the problem child for always sticking up for Alexis whenever she was bullied, and I never understood that.

My mom always use to cradle Alexis when she needed to be cradle, but never to me. When I asked why she would always say because I don't need it. Or that I'm just like my father, I need to be ruled with an iron fist.

Bullshit.

Is what I call it, but don't get me wrong. I don't label myself as having mommy or daddy issues, nor do I take it out on my sister. I just get up and keep it pushing until I find someone who can give me the affection I need, I mean at the end of the day I'm still human who from time to time seeks validation.

"Oh how I missed you as well!" his mom says, coming to pull me away from his father.

I swear she cracked my back from the vise grip she put me in. After a little bit I let go and kissed her cheek.

"I missed you as well mamma." I say, giving her a small smile.

"Child, what is wrong?! This isn't my strong figlia.(daughter)" she asks, with a concerned look on her face.

"Nothing, mamma." I answer, giving a genuine smile this time.

It feels nice to actually receive some motherly love at a time like this.

"I actually came to see Alexis. Is it okay if I take her away?" I ask, looking at the two of them.

"Of course. Come il mio bambino(my child)." Dante's father calls, to Alexis.

Alexis then makes her way over wiping her hands off on her jeans. Dante's dad gives her a big hug and kisses her head and his mom does the same.

"Now don't you girls stay up too late." Dante's dad says, being playful.

Me and Alexis just both smile and nod like little kids. Walking away me and Alexis make our way upstairs and to my room. We don't say anything all we do is just lay down, while I cuddle into her chest. I know Alexis is dying to ask me what's wrong, but is trying to be respectful of my silence. I also know I should tell her, but I don't want to vent yet.

"Alexis?" I ask.

"Yeah?" she answers, softly while running her hand through my hair.

"Can I cry?" I ask, ready to let everything out.

Alexis is the only one who has seen me cry, and who I will let see me cry. Not even Dante has seen me to this point, nor my parents believe it or not. Just her, but before I do it. I always seek for validation first. I don't know why I just do, she thinks it's because of what our parents have taught me, but personally ion know.

"Yeah." she answers, bringing me closer to her.

"Don't tell anyone please." I say, letting tears spill.

"I won't."

I just tighten my grip around her and just let it all out.

Lucas's POV

"Lucas at the end of the day you are still a child. No, I don't condone of what you did but at the end of the day what did you expect? I do believe from the way you talk about her and such that she is the one, but Lucas you aren't finish maturing yet. You might say you are ready to settle down with her or to be a father for Story, but action speak louder than words.

If you truly meant what you said at the time. From the moment you confessed that to her and tried to prove age isn't anything, but a number. You should have started by blocking and deleting all old numbers of females you use to mess with. But then again son I'm not one to speak seeing how I went through the same thing with your late mother.

You speak of how stressful and fun it was to take care of Story, and how you want to continue doing this; but as soon as something old comes by stirring up old feelings your confused. That's not how this whole relationship/ love life thing works."

At the moment me and my dad decided to camp outside for tonight how we use to do when I was younger. Right now we're sitting next to the fire with our tents set up.

"Honestly dad Daisy did bring up some old feelings, but after me and Shannon's argument that day. It made me realize the possibilities of loosing her. This time around I've grown too attached to her and Story that it's almost scary. Hell! I even scare my own self for how much love I truly have for them." I say, looking at the fire.

"Then why did you let that girl come in and destroy your happy home?" he asks.

"At first I didn't think anything of it. I didn't know she was having feelings for me this time around. I honestly thought she was just being friendly. That's until Shannon vented to me, telling me how she really felt. When she said I looked at Daisy the way I looked at her I knew something wasn't right. After that day I did loose all form of contact with Daisy. I knew I just needed to figure somethings out and get a grasp on certain things." I answer.

"I knew after that argument, Shannon wasn't right either. I couldn't and still can't put my finger on it, but I just know Shannon wasn't right. She wasn't herself, but being a dumb ass I ignored it. Because I was too selfish in trying to figure out my own self. The boys saw that I was trying to turn around and figure things out for the better that they thought it would rewarding and stress free to have a boys night."

"Ahhhh, I remember those nights." my dad says.

"Anyway, it was going good. We were goofing around in Sydney. We decided to go around thrifting and acting a fool in clothing stores. We were making TikToks at one point. Dad, we bought eggs and decided to have a fucking egg fight."

He just laughs. "I swear you guys are fucking childish."

"I know!... well that night we was, but in my defense it brought back good memories and it was just stress free." I answer, smiling.

"Then what happened?"

"Daniel gets a call saying there's a party. We all didn't think much of it other than me being the designated driver that night. We showed up and continued to have our own fun. I didn't dance with any females. All I did was sit outside to talk and laugh with some old friends. When I went to go check on the guys inside I saw Daniel drunk playing beer pong and Joshua sitting in the kitchen talking to Daisy. I went back outside and decided to smoke a little with the people I was with.

Next thing I knew I'm waking up the next day with a naked Daisy on top of me."

"This is why I say don't take things from other people."

"Yeah, I know. But of course my first instinct is to hide her from Shannon when I realized she was there. I didn't need her thinking things because apart of me knew I didn't do anything too reckless, and have sex. I'm not saying kissing the girl is reckless either, but I feel if I was to have slept with her it would have been worse. So I didn't need Shannon thinking things, but it obviously back fired."

"Well what did you smoke for you to not to remember?" My dad asks, a little worried.

"Turns out I had a laced blunt." I answered.

"Lucas!—"

"Ay ay, chill out. The old friends I was reconnecting with use to do that, smoke laced blunts. And I forgot that. They explained to me when I called, the other day. Saying that they thought I knew because I use to do it with them all the time when I was younger."

"You we're doing drugs Lucas?!"

No not necessarily.

"No, I only did it twice with them. After the second time I wasn't really liking the after affects I was having." I say.

"As a cop and a parent I am highly disappointed."

I snicker. "Dad when are not disappointed?"

"Ohhhh, hush up."

I just laugh.

"But son there's two things I'm going to tell you. One being is that if you decide to man up and be a advocating member in Shannon's and Story's life, then you both have to open up. Show her that you are making a commitment and letting her in. The second thing is to ask yourself is are you ready to grow up? She's not asking for a ring yet, but she's asking for a strong family commitment and that is a lot."

All I do is just nod.

"I love you son and I wish nothing, but the best from you. But it's kind of hard to help out when you're being a dumb ass. Like come on... how do you fuck up with a perfect ten? I thought I taught you better?"

I just laugh. "Like you always say when I use to mess up—"

"Stop being a dumb blond Lucas."

We say in unison laughing at the end.

"Do you miss her?" I ask, as our laughter dies down.

"Who your mother?" he asks, looking over at me. "Yeah, all the time. She was my soulmate after all. Out of everyone after her Anna was the only one who came in as a close second to her. I still believe your mother sent her to me, but you know that can be debatable." he answers.

I just nod, as my mind travels to Shannon again. Then all of a sudden I'm washed over with hurt again, sadness to be specific. I have a very string urge to hold Shannon or Story right now. This might sound very weird, but I have a feeling that either Story or Shannon is really hurt right now.

"Dad..."

"Yeah?"

"I love her." I say, in a soft tone.

"Yeah, I know kid." he says, patting my shoulder.

"I don't want her to leave me." I say, putting my head in my knees.

I'm not letting her leave me.

Alexis's POV

Shannon stopped crying about an hour ago and right now she's sleep, with tear stained cheeks. I tried moving so I can go get something to clean her up with, but her grasp will just only tighten if I do any type of movement.

It was hard seeing my sister cry again. The raw pain I heard behind her voice as she cried into made me tear up. I may not be a violent person, but from hearing her painful sobs. I've never wanted to hit someone with a car so hard in my life. The sad thing is I felt like I couldn't do anything to make it better. All I did was just sit there and let her cry herself to sleep.

I do know that it has to do something with Lucas because even though I didn't sit and talk with the girls today. I heard things from them here and there. The only good thing I can say came from this is that tomorrow Shannon will be back to being her naturally bold self again. At the end of the day she just needed a shoulder to cry on.

I'm then brought out of my thoughts by the bedroom door opening.

"Don't come in." I say, covering Shannon's face.

She would kill me if I let someone see her like this.

"It's okay bella." Dante says, coming in with clothes in his hand.

"No, Shannon doesn't want anyone to see her." I say, trying to be stern.

"It's alright, I think she would make an acceptation since I'm bringing you some clothes." he says, shutting the door behind him.

There's no point now, he's not going away.

"She's not weak Dante." I state, trying to wipe her face.

"I know bella." he says, handing me a damp washcloth.

"She's the most strongest person I know." I say, feeling like I've failed in keeping her sorrow a secret.

You had one job idiot. Out of all the years of successfully doing the job of not letting people see her vulnerable, you pick now to mess up?!

"Princess, I know." he says, resting a hand on my shoulder as I wipe her face. "I promise I do not think nothing less of her." he says, giving me a kiss.

"J-just don't tell anyone." I say, softly.

"I won't bella." he says, taking the rag from me. "Now get changed into your nightwear and get some sleep okay." he says, giving me one last kiss and leaving.

—————————-

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Hey, guys! I just want to say thank you for letting me reach 2k votes on here. I really appreciate it! Also I feel like this was a trash and rough update. The next update will be a little better, promise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 1.2K 49
"I'm like old enough to be your mum." I say to Jakob not even bothering to hide away how amusing I am finding the idea. "You're only ten months olde...
53.2K 4K 37
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»꧁Completed꧂««««««««««««« FINALLY E D I T E D IT'S NO LONGER CRINGY LOL "I was raised like a man because I was taught...
50.6K 3K 50
⚡caution : this isn't a story of happily-ever-after love & heartwarming romance. this is a story of heartbreak. ⚡ all the graphics in this book are m...
2.3M 17.3K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...