The Alphas Second Chance

By Sophia2334

April is the Beta of Redstone pack, Her mate is the Alpha/ They are best friends and have been since they hav... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 12

4K 73 9
By Sophia2334

"Okay then " Was all i said.

"What you're going to allow this "Alexander sneered at Max. All of the wives were now standing and making their way towards the mats. Crowds began to gather around as we started to get ready to fight.

"Rules no dirty shots, the fight is only over until one is in a unconscious state or taps out. Fight"Nate yelled.

Henry lunged himself at me with a growl Moving one step to my right he went straight into the crowd he turned back around and ran at me again and this time i grabbed him by the throat and began to smash my fisit into his face multiple times before throwing him to the ground.

Rage and Anger boiled through my blood the Anger went deep into my bones i could feel the rage flowing through me like a current and i was just so angry i couldn't help myself. All i could see was that giant fucking hole in Ella's head.

As he got to his feet he tackled me to the ground his head connected directly with my ribs. The pain re emerged and i closed my eyes for a second to hide the pain and when i opened them i saw a fisit coming towards my face moving my head to the side i heard his knuckled smash as they connected with the hard wooden surface below the mat. Kicking him right in his dick i repeatedly did that over and over.

"Ellas dead because of you" I said smashing my fisit against his face multiple times. The blood was now soaking into my hands cause their was no room left on his face.

"April stop he's done" Max yelled. I couldn't stop though, I hated this prick and his whore girlfriend was going to be next. I Didn't wanna listen to Max either i hated him after what he said to me.

"Stop her 'Max ordered the warriors, They all looked at him to see if he was serious or not, Almost every Warrior in this pack has no Loyalty or respect for Max especially after what he did to me. None of them have an ounce of respect for him. Warriors a traditional wolves so when someone is not loyal to their mate they are cut of or beaten.

"You stop her"Nate laughed. He tapped his matt and then Nate yelled. "Beta April congratulations "Nate said with pride. Pulling myself away from Henry i held my head up high and then knelled back down to him.

"That was for Ella and this, This is for Evelyn "Curling my fisit back up,I landed smack into his face and then he was knocked out.

"April you didn't need to do that "Max tried to explain.

"I didn't see you trying to stop me "

Walking through the front door to the packhouse i could tell everyone was starting to arrive as the noise level was rising rapidly. Heading straight for my office i walked in there and i placed Shakira on the couch which thank the lord wasn't leather or you would easily be able to see where her little claws have dug into as she strolled her way to a fluffy cushion and began to attack it, I looked at her and i just couldn't stop laughing.This was exactly what i needed.

Shutting the door to my office i locked the door and pulled the curtains i undressed myself very slowly and carefully in the bathroom as it hurt like a bitch even when the slightest and lightest touch came in contact with the wrong part of the bruises. Looking in the bathroom mirror i could see my reflection my skin was no longer fully white it was partly a dark purple with light shades of purple surrounding it. Turning my head in the other direction, i hated to be reminded of what my mate had helped contribute too. My eye was still as black as every but thank god it hadn't made my eye swell up so i couldn't see.

The steam surrounded my bare skin as i stepped into the shower i let the hot water soak into my body. I felt my body slowly starting to relax until i heard banging on the door.

Wrapping a towel around my body, I quickly ran through my office and straight to the door unbolting it i opened it to see none other than Max and his brother. Awakard. I left the door open so they could come in and walked back to the bathroom. I threw my light blue dress over the top of my Underarangments and went back out to where they were standing.

"You look Beautiful April"Max breathed out.

"Yeah Whatever what's all this about ?"

"April you need to move out of the guards house so Alexander can stay there for the next few days"

"No"I simply said sitting my ass back down on the couch.

"April you need to move back in with us."

"No i don't and you get no say who stays in the guard's house as it is my house in the first place. But i have no problem with Alexander staying with me."

"That's not happening"Max said coming straight out with it. Someone was about to lose his cool.

"What's the problem Max ?"Alexander asked.

"She needs to move back into the main house where we all live. So she can protect Jane when i'm not there,"

"Oh well if that's the case i can't move back in till after the ceremony. Cause i have taken custody of Evelyn and Jane doesn't like kids. Oh Alexander i hope you don't mind having a baby in the house?"

"That's okay. I'll help you out where i can "Alexander smiled and i smiled back.

"Right shall we go to dinner ?"I say before Max could explode into anger.

Walking out of my office we walked to the dining room where everybody was, I took a seat next to Rose and Alexander took a seat on the other side of Jaxon who was on the other side of Kate. Looking at Rose she still looked very distraught, she looked in shock. I hated seeing her like this and apart of me wishes i didn't tell her to come.

"Rose are you okay ?"I asked her, Her head turned and she nodded a no, I put my hand on hers and pulled her into a hug tightly.

"Its going to be okay."I say rubbing her back.

Rose didn't fight in battle she has probably never seen someone die before her eyes before.I've killed enough people to know you never get over it you just have to get through it, those kinds of things never seem to disappear, Mine are always there but i just decide to bottle them up and not speak of them again to anyone or anything, that however is just my way to deal with things.

She was too kind and to sweet to kill anyone or anything Rose knows how to fight but will only ever go for a wound not a kill and not even a threatening wound she just does what she has to do in the nicest way possible even though she can turn violent and a bitch she is one of the most honest and softest person you will meet.

Turning back to the table i grabbed the beer that sat in front of me and began to have a few sips and boy i'd it taste nice.

I tapped my feet in patiently under the table and looked at Max he was laughing and carrying on with Jane but once he felt my eyes on him he looked at me and i could tell his eyes were on my Black eye.

His eyes looked down to the table and wouldn't make contact with mine, Dinner was gently placed in front of us and i looked down and saw pumpkin soup in front of me. Picking up my spoon i began to slowly put it into my mouth and boy did that taste good!! That was the first thing i had to eat all day.

"April We would like to know where we can get Evelyn "Lola said speaking up. My grip on my spoon tightened and a growl rumbled next to me coming from Rose.

"Excuse me "I asked.

"Evelyn the baby Me and Henry want her back "

"Henry did you not learn your lesson "I laughed.

"Evelyn is my child."

"She isn't your child and guess what you have no say in what she does or where she goes. YOU GAVE THAT UP ONCE YOU REJECTED HER AND HER MOTHER TODAY AT BREAKFAST. THAT'S RIGHT YOU PEICE OF SHIT BEFORE YOU'RE MATE BLEW HER BRAINS OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME SHE TOLD ME WHAT YOU DID. YOU ARE SCUM AND YOU WILL NEVER BE IN EVELYN'S LIFE. SHE WILL KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO HER AND HER MOTHER AND WHY HER MOTHER IS DEAD !!!"I screamed at slamming my fisit on the table.

A growl were erupting from all around the table. Anger was clearly coming of everyone in the room.

"April she obviously wasn't suited for motherhood."Jane said holding onto Max's hand.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT"Rose said standing up and flung herself across the table.

"Rose no "I yelled pulling her back. The table was broken in half in one movement of Max and his eyes were black he was going after Rose.

"SHE NEEDS THE PUNISHMENT OF DISOBEYING HER LUNA "Jane yelled.

Standing in front of Rose i looked Max straight in the eyes and begged for his forgiveness for her.

"MOVE "He yelled at me.

"No "I growled. I knew i had to protect her, Max would rip her to shreds and then he would kill Rick. He wouldn't kill me, i was his mate. If he did it would be pretty much killing himself. If he did kill me, the pack would rebel against him and the warriors would kill him for killing me.

Within the blink of a eye his hands were around my throat and he was lifting me into the air by my throat. I could feel the air being sucked out of me and all i could feel the colour in my face starting to change.

"APRIL"Rose screamed.

"JESUS CHRIST MAX STOP IT YOU WILL KILL HER "Kate screamed. He through me to the other side of the room and i collided with wall.

I gasped for breath and some of the warriors ran to my aid. I put my hand up to tell them to stop he stormed towards Rose but Rick and Kyle pushed her behind them.

"Move. "Max said.

"She's pregnant with my child. You can't touch her, Its against pack law."Rick barked. He growled at him and threw him onto the other side of the room. In a dead sprint i ran towards him and grabbed his fisit as he went to hit Rose and felt his other fisit connect with my face. It Sent me flying to the ground.

The blood from my nose ran down and blood was arising from my mouth and i spat it out on the floor. A small cry left my mouth and i looked at him with tears in my eyes. His body stopped shaking and his eyes went back to normal colour. He looked around him and saw what he had done and then his eyes connected with mine. I turned away and stood myself back up.

"Rose let's go we are leaving here,"Rick growled picking himself up from the floor.

"Alphamax My mate and I are leaving your Pack"

"No."I say with a very shaky voice.

"April this is no place for us to have a child. I'm sorry. Goodbye April"Rick said before he grabbed Roses hand and walked out with them. My draw dropped, i looked at Kyle and saw he had the same reaction. Looking into Max's eyes i saw they had just dropped. 2 of his best friends had just left.

"You know what, Fuck this shit i'd rather be with my real friends then be with a guy i used to know"Kyle said spitting at Max.

"April come with me"Kyle said whispering in my ear as he hugged me tightly. The tears were whelming in my eyes, everyone was leaving and now i had to choose between my friends and my mate.

"I can't Kyle "I Said as a small tear dropped slipped down my face.

"Don't stay because of him. Look at what he is doing. He will kill you soon enough April its only a matter of time."He growled at me.

"The pack needs me"

"Goodbye Beta April" I heard the door slam as he left the house and i looked back at Max and i was disgusted at what he had become and he could tell i was pissed off with him. Shakira was upset and very distraught that he had hurt us but fuck what's new.

Looking down at my blue dress it was now ripped. I looked at Kate and Jaxon, they looked very upset and disappointed at what had happened.

"Beta April please sit down i think your nose is broken "One of the Warriors mates said, She grabbed a napkin and wiped the blood from my face.

Nate came beside me and held me down as she put her hands on my nose and i screamed as she put it back into place.

"Sorry April "He said. Before rubbing my shoulders and letting me go, I sat back down and put my head against the back of the chair before being handed a drink by Alexander, I looked into his eyes and i couldn't see anything but blank emotion.

"Thank you "I said. Jaxon looked at all of the Warriors and nodded his head and one by one they all left. It was only max's family and my family.

"You are a fool April it is your own fault Alpha max Striked you"My mother hissed.

"I was protecting my pack" I state.

"Look at what you did to her face. Our ceremony is tomorrow."Jane barked at him.

"It will heal by tomorrow" He said before walking out of the room.

"April we have Alphas arriving from 9 am, Would you be able to greet them for us cause i'm at the saloon and Max is going out for the day until the ceremony."I simply nodded my head and looked at her as she seemed to care.

"I'm sorry about what Max did April i'll make sure he apologizes tomorrow." Nodding again i looked at Alexander to see if he was ready to go and he quietly walked out of the room and i followed suit. He offered to drive us home and i did not put up a fight i looked out the window and all i could see was raindrops,and blurriness of the forest.

Arriving at my house i saw maggie and Charlie waiting there for me holding Evelyn in Maggie's arms she was bouncing her in her arms very gently. We pulled into my carport i walked out and over to Maggie and Charlie.

"April we are sorry-"

"What did he do-"

"Thanks, I'm just tired. I'll see you guys tomorrow " I said taking Evelyn out of her hands and hugging her tightly into my arms and i walked into my house and carried her up to my room, a small crib was waiting there for her courtesy of her being Charlie's wife. Looking out my window i could see them talking to Alexander. Using my senses i listened in on their conversation.

"Its good to see you again Alpha Alexander,"

"Thank you Chief Charlie. Its a pleasure to see you both again i think we will be seeing more of each other "

"Oh please tell me you are taking over the pack"Charlie surged.

"No with all of this shit my brother has planned i am forced to attend and by the looks of it help out a little bit with some Alpha duties."

"You will be staying with April i take it ?"

"Yeah she is closest to my border and the only one with a spare room and doesn't have several kids running around. And furthest from my brother and his Whore"He laughed. Alexander doesn't particular talk to much but to Charlie and Maggie he would talk to them for days.

Charlie and Maggie are very close with Alexander, They would always look after us when we were children when a war had struck our territory Me, Alexander and Max would be sent here to be looked after by them. By then Alexander was 6 years older so was much stronger, his job was to protect his brother and my job was to stand in front of danger for both of them as they were both my Alphas.

Looking into the length mirror i saw on my thigh the teeth marks of the rogue that attacked me when i was 13, then the flashback started.

Once Alexander grew older and into and Alpha at 19 he would be out in the fight, one time though we didn't make it to Charles and Maggie's and we were pinned down in a small cabin. Our Parents had left us to go and fight the intruding rogues and we were 13. We were all alone and had no one to protect us at all. Alexander wasn't going to be there to protect Max so it was all going to be up to me to protect him as Alexander's pack was to far away for him to save us.

In the end we did end up getting attacked. Max ran off and i stood and fought them off while he got away, since they couldn't kill the Alpha's son, they were going to settle for the Betas Daughter as it would do equal damage as the Alphas are my godparents and everyone in the pack would probably mourn my death just as much as and Alpha. They took me on one by one they each had a shot at me and i remember whimpering and crying for my parents in my compared to now very small wolf. I let out cries for someone from my pack to come and help me but they never came.

The pain from when the rogue had sunk his teeth into my thigh came back as i ran my finger over my scar. I then had to shift back into my human form and that's when the rouge grabbed me and dug my claws into his neck. Consequence for that was being thrown to the ground.

They asked me if i had any last words and i told them "You're all going to die. My pack will avenge me " The reply was "Well Doll you will be quite the women when you are older. Guess i'll just have to wait until then " .

That's when the big black wolf came in which was Alexander and his Beta Ben who both stood either side of me as they attacked the rogues. The big Rouge that through me to the ground challenge Alexander for his Alpha position and then i could still feel Ben pushing me underneath as to use his body as a shield. That was the first and last time anyone ever challenged Alpha Alexander and got away alive, but he left him with a nice big scar on his eye the rest of the rogues he killed.

Looking back into the mirror i came back into reality in the mirror a small little object appeared at the bottom of my feet and then began lick my legs to get attention, Shakira began to jump and let out a little bark for me to pick her up. Before i did i got changed into my nighty which was a rather nice rather long rather silky nighty that went down to my mid thigh and also just because i'm that girl that needs to wear shorts under neath everything i even had shorts on underneath.

As i picked her up i told her to be quite as Evelyn was quietly sleeping looking down at her, All i wanted to do was cry. Her face reminded me so much of Ellas but then the one thought of Ella was her brains splattering all over me. I tucked her in tightly and made sure she was warm enough.

This poor little baby girl was going to grow up without proper parents. And all i could think about was ways that i could have stopped Ella from shooting herself. Maybe if i had gotten there faster or if i had said something different. Maybe just maybe she would be alive right now and not dead.

Ellas Funeral will be held that day after tomorrow and it will most likely just be a warrior only funeral. Ella was mainly involved Miah (Nate's Wife)and her group of Warrior mates They were all my age but stayed at school for another year to do their college papers at the high school instead of travelling 5 hours to the nearest college.

Ella was studying to become a Vet but when she had Evelyn 5 months ago everything had to stop she had only just got back to school and everything was going so well. I guess she fooled us all into thinking everything was okay. I should have visited her more often, helped out some more, talked to her some more. She was probably lonely just studying then working and then doing all of her house chores on top of that and looking after a 5 month old baby.

As i placed Shakira at the edge of my bed i was meet with a figure standing at my door way, at first i got a small freight and jumped as i'm not overly keen on people just standing there without me knowing, i heard a small chuckle escape Alexander.

"Pizza is here "He said walking back down the stairs. Pizza? Who ordered that. I grabbed a coat to wear down stairs as it was going to be cold down stairs because there was no fire going .Gently i walked down stairs to see Alexander out the window eating a box of pizza on the outdoor dining table outside having a beer. Also to see there was another beer and box of Pizza waiting there.

Opening the door the cold breeze touched my bare legs and shiver went up my body and i continued to walk over to where he sat with his box of Pizza.

"When did you order Pizza ?"

"Just before we left Max's place."

"Oh "

"Didn't think you had many chances to eat today "He said taking a long gulp out of his beer. Looking down at my box of pizza it smelt like Hawaiian and my stomach grumbled and i went a shade of pink out of pure embarrassment. Alexander then Chuckled to himself again and shook his head. I Slowly began to eat my pizza and it felt so good to have something in my belly.

"So you have no mate ?"I asked him. His body stiffened and he looked away from me.Oh shit that must not be a good thing to bring up.

"The curse took away every chance of that "

Oh fuck. I forgot. My bad.

Alexander was cursed by a dark witch when he was 20. The Witch put a curse on him which was actually meant for Max but the idiots drugged the wrong wolf and because Max and ALexander have look alike wolves the witch didn't know either until Alexander went into his human form. I don't really know what happened but all i remember is when he had been rescued from there, Ben said everyone was dead. When i saw him again, the smile from his face was gone, The immaturity had disappeared. That why no one thinks he has a heart. Everyone thinks that curse has ripped his heart out from him.

"I'm sorry, i should have remembered "

"Its okay, What about you what's yours and my brothers story ?"

"He's my Alpha and my meant to be best friend."

"Uh huh "He said very unsatisfied. I began to stare out into space and then i had a flash back once again to later on today back to where me and Ella were standing.

"I'm sorry April"

Then that bloody click.

"ELLA NO "

Then the blood spitting back onto my face.

"April, April, April"I pulled myself out of it and ran off of the deck and onto the lawn where i had began to hurl my guts out, A small cry left my chest as i stopped puking Alexander looked at me and was wondering what was wrong but then i think it clicked.

"I couldn't save her "I cried.

"You can't save everyone April its not your fault"

"I should have saved her "I cried and then started to lose consciousness as the dark spots began to take over my vision.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 16.6K 19
When your mate rejects you, five years is all you have to find your second chance or you die. When Lilly is rejected on her 17th birthday she makes t...
445K 13.8K 24
Hunter James, your average 16 year old girl...Or so you would think. With one glance she looks completely human but on the inside she's a force to be...
316K 10.8K 30
Nova Moore always does the right thing. She's always made the grade and she's finally reaping the benefits. Until she wanders to where she probably s...
259K 7.4K 27
June Williams is a 17 year old girl who has a rough past, her older sister was killed by a 'wolfs attack' or so that's what the people say. Her older...