The Alphas Second Chance

By Sophia2334

April is the Beta of Redstone pack, Her mate is the Alpha/ They are best friends and have been since they hav... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 11

4K 85 11
By Sophia2334

"April god please hurry she keeps talking to herself she won't listen to any of us "

"I'm 2 minutes away. Where is Evelyn ?"I asked worried for Ella's babies safety.

"Shes here too. She's in her carrier."

"Fuck"I growled.

"Oh my god she has a gun "

"Get everyone who doesn't need to be there out of there right now"I growled. Shit shit shit. I Smashed my hands against the steering wheel pissed of out of my mind.

"April Hurry she is waving the gun around "

"I'm almost there. "

"Rose get Hedgestone Cliff now bring winching gear and Bring Rick and Kyle too we have a potential jumper "

"Who is it ?"

"Ella, Shes got a gun and Shes got her baby out there too. I'm think something's happened between her and Henry again"

Pulling to a stop i made sure the window was down so Shakira could breathe and i ran out to see Principal Rosane trying to beg Ella to come in.

"Ella "I called walking in front of all of the spectators. I started to get in within metres of her and young Evelyn, I knew that if i got close enough to grab the baby i would need too. She is the prioty of life here.

"Luna April"She sobbed. "No No what are you doing here you can't be here. I need to do this"

"Ella do what ?"i Looked at her and our eyes connected she looked absolutely heartbroken and tired.

"I need to end it"She cried.

"No Ella Ella Listen to me okay"i begged. I hated doing these types of things but since Jane is completely fucking useless she can't and Kate well i don't know where she is and everyone hates doing these things cause 9 times out of 10 it ends badly.

"Ella tell me whats happened."

"THAT BITCH SHE HAS WRECKED EVERYTHING "She cried.

"Who"I asked gently.

"Alphas whore Luna fucking Jane"

"Ella what did she do ?"I asked her.

"She told Henry that me and Evelyn were holding him back from climbing the ranks in the pack and that i'm weak and useless. And that i'm not worth anything cause i almost died giving birth to Evelyn."

"He's been sleeping around for the past month April"She cried.

"Ella you listen none of that is true okay."I tried to beg with her.

"That's what i kept telling myself. Until today when my mate said it to my face. I'm sorry i'll say ex-Mate. Do you know what he did?'She cried.

"No "I say very sadly.

"He brought his new mate into the house while i was getting ready for school and making breakfast for us and in she comes. He said all of those nasty thing and rejected me and then partial marked her right infront of me. Then left like i was nothing. He doesn't want anything to with Evelyn either, He has a new life April."

"It doesn't mean yours has to end."

"April how do you cope seeing Alphamax with Jane every day ?"She sobbed i took a deep breath in and out looking behind me i saw Chief and Hector trying to keep the crowds of her classmates back and as far away from us as possible as.

"The truth April"

"I don't To tell you the truth i have no idea how i do it. I try not to think about it,"

"You ever wonder how things could have been different ?Like right now it could be you having the ceremony and then the baby shower and then the big fucking wedding."

"I wish it was. But its not. Ella please let me help you. This isn't the way. You have Evelyn, at least you have someone. I have no one apart from my friends. No blood realtion that gives a dam. Ella you have your parents they will help you, i know they will think of them think of how they will feel if you take you're own life. Think about your family. Lilly she is you're best friend how is she gonna feel if you do this."

"Who cares at what they feel April. They get to have their mates and have their happy ever after! What do we get ! We get to watch everyone else be happy! We have to bite our tounges and close our eyes each time they go past cause we think we might cry, We get to watch them have our lives ! The lives that were meant for us ! What do they get? They get to slowly watch us die bit by bit "She sobbed.

"Ella don't do this PLEASE THINK OF EVELYN "I croaked. I needed her to see reason.

"I'm taking her with me. Then we won't be anyone's problem"

"Ella you two aren't a problem not to me and not to anyone who truly cares for you "She cried and began to wave her gun around again.

"Hector get everyone back further." I said taking a few steps forward.

"GET BACK APRIL GET BACK"She screamed raising my hands in the air in surrender i took multiple steps back, Enough to let Rose attach a hance to my gun belt and for me to take a few small steps back to where i originally was.

"April just leave please "She cried.

"I won't leave you, Ella or Evelyn, all 3 of us are going to walk out of this and then we are going to go for a walk in the park."

"April i can't watch him be with someone else. I'm not as strong as you " A small laugh escaped me, As strong as me?Shit, she wants to see what goes on in my head I'm crying almost every dam minute in the day in my head.

"I'm not strong Ella you are, I couldn't do what you have done, I couldn't raise a baby by myself not to mention a newborn, Go to school and then do all of the house work and everything on top of that. Ella you are tired hun i get that, Let me help you okay ?We can sort this out. I've got friends that are Alphas in North Dakota, New York, Chicago, Washington, Mexico, Florida. Anywhere you name it. You will never have to see this worthless piece of shit again. You can go anywhere start a new life find yourself a new man someone who will stay forever."I said trying to persuade her as much as i could.

"You'd do that for me ?"

"Absolutely."

"Why ?"

"Cause that's what i would give anyone in your situation"

"Why don't you give it to yourself then ?"

"I have my duties here. Once that pup of hers is born and the danger is gone and if I'm still alive then i might. "

"He doesn't deserve your kindness nor your loyalty. Not after what he has done. April he is killing you. I don't want that to happen to me."

"Sweetheart it won't i promise you, "i said taking a few more little steps forward.

"You know how people say the goddess makes mistakes with mates sometimes ?"She questioned me.

"Yeah"

"I think her mistake was Jane "

"Me too "I laughed, Evelyn began to scream in tears, walking a few more steps i was almost in arms reach of them both.

"What's wrong with Evelyn Ella ?"

"She's been starting to do that since breakfast when he rejected us, i can never get her to stop, She doesn't stop screaming and crying only when she sleeps."

"Can i try ?" Ella pointed the gun at my head and i put my hands up again.

"Ella you need to put the gun out of my face see those men there, if they think you are going to hurt me they will kill you "I put one hand behind me to tell Chief and Hector to lower their weapons. Touching my earpiece i heard chief yelling at me.

"April get out of there now "

"Don't shoot her she is just a scared kid," I said with so much power and sadness. For the first time, i felt vulnerable.

"April she is unstable. She's not herself right now April just leave it "Rose argued.

"Chief trust me she won't hurt me. Just lower your weapons."

Evelyn continued to scream the house down even though we were outside it was more like the forest, She wouldn't stop crying and it was starting rattle up Ella a little bit.

"Ella can i hold her "Ella looked at me and then at Evelyn who was now back in her baby carrier, She nodded her head and i quickly walked over towards her and pulled her out and tightly gripped her and didn't plan on letting her go until Ella got a lot further away from the edge.

Evelyn continued to cry into my shoulder and i gently rocked her. In my arms and slowly she fell back to sleep. Ella looked at her baby in my arms and looked like she was relieved that she was asleep.Looking at Ella i could see the bags under her eyes and how pale she looked.

"Ella its time to come in now okay "

"April I'm so tired, i just want to sleep."She cried, i watched as the gun slowly went down and stayed to her side, i took a deep breath in and out a sigh of relief escaped my chest.

"It's going to be okay, I promise, Ella its all going to work out i swear to you it will. We will get you guys a nice house somewhere and even a nanny to help look after this little bundle of joy. "

"I wanna go live with Hannah she's in Alpha Gabriels pack, She is my cousin and Evelyn's Godmother "

"Yes i can organise that okay. But for now, you guys can come stay with me until she gets everything sorted."

"I don't want my parents having Evelyn April, Henry will use his rank on them."

"They won't. He won't be the rank of shit bedtime I'm through with the cunt "I laughed.

"It will be a fresh start yeah ?"She asked, Looking into her eyes i saw hope and i was so happy that she could see there was life beyond this town. And beyond that dick of a mate of hers.

"Yeah. It will be "I smiled. As i rocked Evelyn in my arms i smiled and looked down at the gorgeous little baby i had in my arms and realised i was never going to have one baby of my own to my mate.

"April?'

"Yeah?"

"Why do you do it ?"

"I don't know, "I say shrugging my shoulders. "I really don't know i want to stay, This is just home i guess and i have lots of things i have to do here. Lots of responsibilities."

"Paww that stinks. I think we should probably start heading back to mine her nappy stinks, I think she dropped a nuclear bomb or some shit. Oh my god that's worse than fresh cow shit" I said wanting to hurl my guts out. Ella laughed and smiled for the first time.

We started to walk further away from the cliff and i was so happy that i didn't have to jump off cause i hate bloody heights. Cheers erupted from the spectators and i couldn't help but smile and hold Evelyn close.

Opening my link back up i could read not only her thoughts but that prick of an ex of hers and i was trying to find out where the cunt was. When i found him i knew where i was going next to the pack house lounge i come. Boy did i have some nice revenge planned for this prick?

I'm proud to announce the Engagement of Henry Thompson to Lola Evans."Max said proudly in the packs mindlink.

"I'm sorry April"I heard Ella quietly say before i heard the safety of the trigger pull back.

"ELLA NO "I screamed. I turned back and then a loud bang echoed through my ears and something sprayed all over my face. A small cry left my mouth i turned around to try and catch her body but i had Evelyn in my arms who was now screaming. Rose grabbed Evelyn out of my arms as i got down on my knees and start to revive Ella. I kept pounding my hands against her chest to try and get her pulse back.

"April she's gone "Looking down at her body i saw where the bullet came through underneath her chin and where it had come out at the top of her head where now there is a big hole with brain matter splattered everywhere. A small smile was on her face and her beautiful light green eyes that reminded you of the leaves when the sun shines through them. A small tear drop was sliding down the side of her cheek and a small tear drop dropped off of mine and onto her body.

Chief put a hand on my shoulder and patted it. I wanted to cry my eyes out but i couldn't i had to be strong for everyone here. I needed to tell her parents.

"You did everything you could have April"I shook my head and slowly stood up as Hector place a sheet over her now lifeless body. Roses sobs were all i could hear Kyle was trying to comfort her and keep Evelyn comforted at the same time. We all went to school together and she wasn't even a year younger than me. Kyle was cuddling Evelyn as even he was holding back the tears.

"Chief, can you take Evelyn to the hospital to get checked out?I'll meet you there as soon as i've informed her parents."

"I'll wait for you there or we will be at the station."Kyle gave her to Chief and Hector and they got in their vehicles.

"You guys head home i'll come around once i'm finished."They all nodded their heads no matter how many times you go into battle it never gets easy watch someone die. Especially not when they take their own life.

"Do you want a hand telling Ruth and Tom?"

"No I'll handle it. It's the worst part "I say before getting into my car to be greeted by a slobbery pup who came directly on my lap stopping me from putting the key in the ignition.I pattered her and she licked my face which made me laugh and tears were dropping as i did.

I couldn't understand it. That fucking dick. He just had to announce it at the very fucking moment when she had that gun in her hands. He couldn't have grown a pair of balls and enforced pack law. No fake mates. That's meant to be law in our pack well you can see how its really enforced when the Alpha himself is shagging a whore and got a whore pregnant and Let's the whore run the pack incorrectly.

Shakira laid down in the passenger's seat and i drove all of the way over to the pack house to where they were currently living because their house was getting renovated. Pulling back up to the place where my mate had given me a smack and a black eye. Looking in the mirror i washed off all of the blood that was on my face. Getting out of the car Shakira followed closely behind me i opened the door and we walked in, i could smell my mates scent was fairly strong, Looking around i tried to find Ruth and Tom.

Bumping back into Rick he saw Shakira and picked her up and she started licking him and kissing him, a small smile came onto my face, Watching him laugh as she was obviosuly hitting the right ticklish spots.

"April what is it ? "

"Ella she um she uh didnt make it "I said, trying not to cry i let a deep breath escape me.

"Oh shit. Wheres Rose ?"

"Kyle took her home. You need to go. She was real upset." And he was gone and Shakira some how ended up in my arms and then the door smashing against its hinges echoed through the room.

"So what really happened to you're eye ?"Alexander said coming out of know where which scared the living shit out of me.

"I told you it just surfaced late."I said walking away trying to find Tom and Ruth.

I walked into the kitchen and what do you know its bonnie and clyde. Henry and his new found mate.

"Henry we will be having words when i get back. So it would be wise for you to stay right here. Okay and you whatever the hell your name is. You stay here too. And if you don't you'll be finding out what the life of a dead rogue is like?You get it ?"

"You're not Alpha or Luna i don't have to do shit for you Bitch"

"Nah I'm just the Beta that has a say in who gets rank. Who gets what money and Who gets to stay in the pack well hello you are disrespecting me and i have a higher rank than you."

"Bitch you don't know shit Jane will kick your ass out of this pack"

"Why don't you just shut up and learn how to respect your Beta. And follow orders."Alexander growled from behind me.

That shut the bitch up.

"Thanks, "I say as we walk down the hallway.

"They should know their place."

"Well with Jane it doesn't matter my rank she overrules it "

"Shes a two-bit whore. She tried hitting on me at breakfast."A laugh escaped my chest and then i found them walking around the rose garden holding hand and enjoying each other company just as usual.

You could have never met a more happier and clingy couple in your life. Even at the grandma age they still are like teenagers they are in their late 60s as Ella well Ella was a mistake that wasn't meant to happen. And was meant to be kind of impossible Ruth was in her late 40s when she had Ella and yeah she had already had 8 kids before Ella and yeah most shewolfs stop producing after 6 or 7

"Can you look after her please. And um get a hold of your parents and say they need to get here as fast as they can."

"Who are they ?"

"Their daughter just killed herself."He gently took Shakira out of my arms and i took a deep breath before pushing the sliding door open and walking out.

I walked over to where they were standing and their faces lit up in a smile.

"Sweetheart what happened to your eye. Oh Don't you look so smart in your uniform. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened between you and the Alpha. You will always be our Luna."I could feel the tears starting to get ready to burst.

"So my dear did you come for a cup of Ruth's famous pumpkin soup."

"Not today Ruth I'm here on business" Goddess give me strength.

"What happened ?"

"I uh "

"Maybe you guys should sit down"

"Its alright honey go on. It can't be that bad. Did you get another speeding ticket, Tom!"She growled.

"No i didn't "

"It's Ella "I sobbed

"Oh god has she been in trouble with the law"I shook my head and the tears began to water in my eyes,

"She shot herself "

"Oh my which hospital is she in. Tom go get the car." Tom went to stand and i shook my head.

"She is in a hospital right though ?"I shook my head in a No.

"I'm so sorry "I sobbed.

"NO. No. Not my baby girl"Tom began to cry.

"NOT MY BABY NOT MY BABY OHHH "Ruth screamed, Tom grabbed her and pulled her into his chest as they both cried Ruth fell to the ground crying, I embraced her into a hug while Tom stood there still shocked.

"Shhhh, " I said as i quietly rocked her backwards and forwards as she screamed into my chest.

I looked at the sky so my eyes wouldn't be so noticeable when i went back inside. Kate soon arrived and took over my position holding Ruth as she continued to cry her eyes out for her youngest daughter.

"Tom ?"

"It had something to do with that Bitch Jane, didn't it !AND FUCKEN HENRY! "He growled at me

"Tom"

"APRIL TELL ME "

"TOM CALM DOWN "

Tom shifted into his wolf and let out a furious growl, i saw his eyes had gone black his feral side had come out, stepping back to protect Kate and Ruth i stood in front of them both.

"Tom this isn't gonna bring her back"I said with tears dripping down my eyes. He took off in a sprint towards Henry Jane Max and Lola who were sitting on the patio. I took off in a dead sprint i grabbed my taser out and teasered him which only seemed to piss him off and slow him down enough for me to get a head start on him.

Standing in front of them he reached the Patio and whimpered at me to move.

"No Tom. You still have a family. I promise you i will make sure the people who were responsible for her death pay the price. I swear to you, But if you want to kill them you have to kill me first."He let out a vicious growl and then left running off to god knows where.Ruth soon shifted into her wolf and followed after him.

"April we need to talk, "Max said to me with pity in his eyes.

"Whatever later i got more important shit to deal with. "

"What was his problem?"Jane asked.

"Henry. Guess what. We are going to the training centre right now for sparring practise. With the rest of the warriors. That is where you are meant to be not here slagging around. You are either a warrior or lap dog. Are you coming Alpha Max ?"

Oh no that's right you already had you're practise on me today.

"I'll follow you down. "

"I'll join too wouldn't mind watching how you run things little brother "Alexander laughed. A small laugh escaped me as i looked at Max. He hadn't been to a training in months, he hadn't run one since he first took over as Alpha as he was always too busy.

"I don't run the training April does, "He said, I Scoffed and grabbed Shakira out of Alexander's arms and started walking towards the door, Henry and Max followed closely behind.

Walking to my car i gently put Shakira in the back seat and Alexander walked over to the passenger's seat.I looked at him confused as to why he was coming with me and he just nodded his head and got in.

Backing out of my car park i pretty much sped out of the driveway i watched as Alexander looked at me and then put his seatbelt on. Oh i scared the big bad Alpha with my driving i must be dangerously good.

"So what don't you do in the pack?"He asked turning my head i let out a small laugh and smiled as the only thing i really wanted no part in was Cooking.

"Cooking" I laughed.

"You can't cook?"He questioned, Looking at his face it looked like he was very amused that i couldn't cook. What's so funny about that.

"I can. I just don't like too for big groups of people. Me and my mates that's fine. Small groups of about 10 sweet as but any bigger no thanks "He smiled and then went back to blank emotions.

Alexander has always been like this, He never opens up to anyone. He is one of the most dangerous people you can ever meet. However Alexander doesn't have a temper like Max does. Actually, they are completely the opposite in every which way.

Alexander Respects Max Disrespects. Alexander Earns and Max Takes. Alexander is honest and hard working Max is dishonest and lazy. They used to be the same, Max used to be the less crueller version of Alexander but now Max has the respect of none, apart from his whore and her followers. None of the packs like him, None of the clans or covers like him as he disrespects them, Shows up late to meetings, Does as he likes not a care for our treaties.

As the silence took over the car ride i grabbed my phone from in the console and dialled Chiefs number on my phone.

"April" He answered.

"Hey Chief i will be a little late. Picking up Evelyn i'm gonna take care of Henry then i'll come back to the station cause i have to go to this dinner thing tonight, "

"She can stay with us April until you have finished all of your Pack Business "

"Oh really? That would be great. You two sure you don't mind having her i'll be there to pick her up as soon as possible"

"Its fine. Would you like me to send Maggie over to your house to pick you out a dress and take it to your pack office I'm guessing that's where you're heading ?"

"Yes that would be terrific cause then i don't need to wear shorts and a t shirt."

"I'll see you, later on, tonight then "

"Yup Thank you so much, Charlie, you have no idea how much you are helping me out here."

"That's alright Kiddo be safe "

"Oh and April??"He questioned.

"Yes ?"

"Give him a lesson to remeber"

"Dont worry about that "I say before ending the call.

"Is Evelyn your daughter ?"

"Haha No. I would need a mate for one of those. She's the girl that died daughter "

"Hasn't she got a father ?"

"Her father's going to being sent to the hospital in about 30 minutes in a coma if he's lucky,"I said with all seriousness.

"How do you know that ?"He asked me as we pulled up to the gym/Training centre.

"Because I'm the one that's going to put him in there "I exited the car and grabbed Shakira as i Placed her on the gravel road, She ran off up to the doors of the Gym while i grabbed my gym bag and she waited for me to open it so she could go in.

Walking into our designated area for fighting i walked in and saw Miah who was Nates mate sitting there in the stands with all of the other warrior's wives/ Mates. They all looked at me with heartache and sadness.

"Is it true ?"Miah asked standing up from her seat.

"Yeah."Sobs came from some of the girls and they all hugged each other. A tear dropped from Miahs face and i pulled her body into mine and hugged her tightly.

"Oh my god what about Baby Evelyn and Henry"

"Evelyn will be staying with me until her cousin can come and get her. And Henry he's about to be sent to the fucking hospital maybe in a body bag bedtime I'm through with him"

"I was at her house last night, I don't understand she was fine, We were watching movies and talking and even studying While Henry was at work. She was fine when i left her "

"He was having an affair with a girl named Lola, Today at Breakfast he strolled into their house with Lola by his side and Rejected Ella right then and there and Evelyn too. He said horrible things and she was so tired she just wanted it to be over. She had been keeping her suspicions about him cheating to herself for months. She didn't want anyone to know. I managed to pull her in a way from the edge and everything was fine she was going to move to North Dakota and start a new life. Until Max's message entered our heads before i could stop her she pulled the trigger"

"Oh April "She cried hugging me tighter once again.

I watched as Max and Henry entered the training room with their gear on and looked like they were pumped, to spar against some of their fellow companions. What they didn't know was that they'd be facing me.I walked down the hallway a bit to the females changing rooms i quickly got changed

Pulling off my gun belt taking off my uniform i lifted my top up and the dark bruises were yet to heal from last nights beating. I slipped my singlet on over top and put my skins on and went out to the plat forms. Where all the men were waiting.

"What are you doing ?"Alexander asked.

"What does it look like ?I'm training "

"Now since you two haven't been to training in awhile who do you want to face first your pick"

"I pick you April" Henry sneered.

"Actually i challenge you for the Beta position "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 7.4K 27
June Williams is a 17 year old girl who has a rough past, her older sister was killed by a 'wolfs attack' or so that's what the people say. Her older...
13.1K 419 21
"You could never be a bother to me Dannielle". That was the first time I heard him say my name and hearing it come from his mouth was like heaven to...
383K 11.4K 21
Hard Mate Series Book 1. (This series does not have to be read in order.) ***** "Listen carefully cupcake, I'm not taking any of this mate crap, so l...
445K 13.8K 24
Hunter James, your average 16 year old girl...Or so you would think. With one glance she looks completely human but on the inside she's a force to be...