Crossing Enemy Lines

By lala_cutiepie273

Saphire and Gabriel have always been at one another's throats since day one. They've argued a lot and the rea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Science Class
Chapter 3: Tennis Buddies (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 4: Early Awakenings
Chapter 5: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 6: Let's play Pt. 1 (Saphire's POV)
Chapter 6: Let's Play Pt. 2 (Scarlette's POV)
Chapter 7- The End of an Era & The Beginning of a New One
Chapter 8- The Mistake That Almost Happened(James POV)
Chapter 9- The Morning After
Chapter 11- Prep-Rally (Gabriel's POV)(Pic of Gabriel)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette's POV (Pic of Scar)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt.2 James POV (Pic of James)
Chapter 13- Welcome Home? (Family Pic)
Chapter 14: The Breakthrough (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 15: All by myself... Not!
Chapter 16: Gabriel vs. Drey (Gabriel's POV)

Chapter 10: Alone...With Him (Pic Of Saphire)

678 17 10
By lala_cutiepie273

~*~…..Sorry for the wait I was busy, I had some big exams coming up and I tried to finish this up so I could upload before the test but I couldn’t my mom took my computer away and forced me to study so sorry again, but I hope you like this chapter……..~*~

Chapter 10: Alone………With Him 

So far it’s only been a week since Jay-Jay and Scar left to go home. An entire week with Gabriel wasn’t that bad. Actually it was fun. He didn’t complain about my ‘babbling’ or that I talk too much. Gabriel actually listens to what I have to say. At least I think he does anyways. Our classes got canceled for a while due to the fact that there was a flood on campus. So we are staying in the dorms for a while. We spent practically all day in the room. With nothing at all to do; it’s lame.

“Hey Saphire you want to go do something fun today? I am so tired of just staying in the dorms. It gets tiring after a while and I’m starting to feel fat.”

“Awe dude you’re not fat you’re just a little husky. Besides something fun like what?”

“Well I do still have my six packs you know. Also I don’t know what do you want to do?”

“Hey me too, I just value it so much that I protect it with a layer of fat. Ooh and we can go shopping and use my daddy’s black card. It’s been a while since I did that.”

“I’m going to ignore that first part and just continue our previous conversation.  Let’s go, I’m driving.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah it’s better than just sitting here doing nothing.”

“True but I don’t feel like getting up.”

“You are so lazy.”

“Only now you know that? I’ve been here for at least a month now; you should’ve picked that up earlier.”

“Whatever get up and get dressed. We don’t have time to lose. Actually we do but it’s just an expression.”

“Fine, whatever,” I grunted. I really don’t feel like moving, but obesity is not an option. I went to change out of my sweats. Now I am wearing short jeans pants, a black tank-top, and a red hoody zipped halfway up. Yeah comfy and somewhat stylish; I need to buy more clothes like this when I go out today. Multi- colored tank tops and different kinds of hoodies.

“Let’s go, I’m ready. I just realized that I haven’t bought anything new in weeks. That’s a new record for me.”

“Finally you made me wait that long for you to put that on, girls,” he scoffed.

We went outside to the parking lot. I threw Gabriel the keys to my car. I wasn’t really in the driving mood and he already called dibs on driving. Over the past few days I became extremely lazy. Lazier than usual actually, which is not good at all. I turned to watch Gabriel who had his mouth wide open.

“What’s wrong with you? Is there something wrong with my car?” Truth is I’ve always wanted a motorcycle but my dad always said no; he called them “murder” cycles. I guess it’s appropriate with the amount of deaths that can happen on them.

“Saphire, there is no way this is your car.”

“I know, I know it’s kind of old. My daddy supposed to get me a new one.” Right now I was driving a red Chevy Malibu with butterfly doors of course. This was my second car. My first car was a Benz, it’s still in the parking lot somewhere, but I didn’t want to ride in it today. I looked at Gabriel who was watching me screw-faced.  I wonder what it is now. “What now,” I asked feeling a little annoyed.

“Just get in the damn car Saphire, just get in the car.” He started to mumble something under his breath but I didn’t catch it. Man I hate it when people do that. I mean if you have something to say to me and you want to say it so bad then just say it. What’s the worst that can happen?

We sat in the car for a while before Gabriel finally decided to drive. It was quiet so I turned on the radio. “All I have to Give” by Backstreet Boys was playing. Now this may seem strange but like a movie cliché teen girl I am totally into boy bands. Especially one’s from the 90’s. People have always told me that I have a peculiar or old music style. It ranges from the 60’s to the 90’s, some from the 2000’s but not much. I feel that music have somehow lost its meaning. Most songs you hear now are about sex or getting drunk or both. Anyways I’m off topic, since I love this song and know all the lyrics I started to sing along.

I don't know what he does to make you cry

But I'll be there to make you smile

I don't have a fancy car

To get to you I'd walk a thousand miles

I don't care if he buys you nice things

Does his gifts come from the heart?

I don't know

But if you were my girl

I'd make it so we'd never be apart

[Chorus:]

But my love is all I have to give

Without you I don't think I could live

I wish I could give the world to you

But love is all I have to give

When you talk (when you talk) does it seem like he's not

Even listening to a word you say?

That's okay babe, just tell me your problems

I'll try my best to kiss them all away

Does he leave (does he leave) when you need him the most?

Does his friends get all your time?

Baby please

I'm on my knees

Praying for the day that you'll be mine

[Chorus]

[Bridge:]

To you... (Hey girl) hey girl, I don't want you to cry no more inside

All the money in the world could never add up to all the love

I have inside... I love you

And I will give it to you

All I can give, all I can give

Everything I have is for you

But love is all I have to give

[Chorus (3x)]

But my love is all I have to give

Without you I don't think I can live

I wish I could give the world to you

But love is all I have to give... to you

When the song was finally done we were just a few blocks away from the mall and my mood feels lighter now. There is nothing better than music for your soul. I realized that music affects my mood greatly. There was this one time I was listening to this song called “All or Nothing” by another boy band called O-town and I just felt like crying afterwards.

“I didn’t know you could sing. Where did you learn to sing like that?”

“It was always a gift I guess. Besides there are a lot of things you don’t know about me.”

“I mean everybody can sing but you have an amazing voice. Way better than the first time I heard you singing, you know when you were off key.”

“Will you drop it already? I mean it happened like what more than a month ago. Gosh man! You’re like my father who won’t let thing that happened ages ago go.”

“I don’t know why but it’s fun to see you mad. You just look so cute.”

“Oh whatever.” I had to turn away to hide my face. Oh my gosh I was blushing. Why should I be? I get compliments like that all the time and I have never blushed. Not even once. Why should Gabriel be the first one to make me blush? Damn him! I looked at him for a quick second to see him smiling at me. With the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen in my whole life. Ahh!!! Damn him again!! Saphire get a hold of yourself. This is Gabriel were talking about. The same Gabriel who insults you on a daily basis. And besides he’s with your best friend remember. Although she only went with him because of the war and it doesn’t mean anything… no, no, no what am I saying of course it means something the war is over and they’re still together so it has to mean something right?

“Why are you dating Scarlette,” I thought out loud. Damn it why did I just ask that? I hope he didn’t hear what I said.

“What?” Of course with me being the most unlucky person ever he most likely did.

“Nothing just ignore the question.”

“You sure it seems like its bothering you.” Finally luck is on my side and he didn’t hear me, or he’s just being stuck up and wants to hear me ask it again. It’s hard to tell with this guy.

“Yeah I’m good.” I crossed my arms and my legs in the seat. What the hell is wrong with me? Am I losing my damn mind? I can’t like this guy. I try searching for some logic behind this. Then it hit me, it’s only natural for me to be intrigued by this guy. I mean I have been spending more time with him than usual so it’s only logical that I want to know about him. Call me what you want nut denial is not my thing, nor is it just a river in Utah.

“Saphire seriously what’s wrong,” Gabriel asked when he was done parking.

“It's nothing ok, just leave it alone.” I got out of the car and started walking to the mall door, when I noticed Gabriel running up behind me.

“Saphire I may not be Scarlette and I may not be James, but right now I am here so just talk to me, please,” he said this with those eyes. How can I be mad at him when he’s like this, how can I hate him? I don’t even think I hate him anymore, do I, can I?

“Yes I am sure, it’s nothing shopping can’t fix.”

“Then let’s go.” The first store we go to was Macy’s. In like 10 minutes Gabriel was already holding 10 shopping bags. After that we went to Claire’s, this store is one of my favorites, for some accessories which lasted like 5 minutes. Now Gabriel had 15 bags. If you think I’m a bad person I’m not, he offered. In only an half an hour he had a total of 38 bags. I had at least 18. But if you included boxes he was holding a total of 52 things. Eh, he’ll be alright. We went to put the things in the car and went back.  He dragged me to the food court complaining that he was hungry and that I owe him. The place he chooses is Taco Bell. I have a bad experience with this place, but since I do feel like I owe him, why not? After we finished ordering our food we went to sit down. To my surprise he wasn’t eating like a sloppy pig like he usually does. When he was finally done he started smiling at me again. What was going on inside his head? “Why are you smiling?”

“What is it illegal to smile now? Is it a crime in America to Smile?”

“I never said that I just asked why.”

“Well I was thinking about what you said that’s there’s a lot of things I don’t know about you.”

“Ok and the point of this is?”

“I want to know them. I want to know what makes you tick, I want to know how you feel and what you think.”

“But why?” Was this guy serious? Why would he even care about this stuff?

“Because I want to get to know the real Saphire. Besides it will bring me one step closer to finding out what goes on in that pretty little head of yours.

“Ha! Good luck with that last one. So many people have tried but all have failed. Not even I know what goes on in there half of the time.”

“Seriously, anyways so will you at least let me get to know you?”

“Sure, but I will have you know I can’t promise that you’ll like what you hear. So, what do you want to know?”

“Everything.” This causes me to laugh a little and him to smile more, if that was possible.

“Umm……. ok, but for everything I tell you, you say one in return. Deal?”

“Sure but you’re starting.”

“Ok fine. I am terrified of roaches. I play with bears, snakes anything you can name, but I hate roaches.” This made him laugh. Right now I could feel my blood rushing up to my cheeks, so I put my head down on the table. This is so embarrassing. Why was that the first thing I told him? Ugh, I’m just so stupid sometimes.

“Ok, thanks for that interesting fact. So now here’s something about me I’m afraid of small creatures like hamsters, rats, mice, small dogs, or worst of all Chihuahuas. Those little creatures are evil.” So now it was my turn to laugh. This was high-larious. It makes mine seem less stupid.

“Seriously dude. You’re lying.”

“No way it’s true. It’s an extremely long and weird childhood story, but I don’t like to talk about it.”

“Come on please,” I pushed.

“Saphire I said no, just leave it alone.”

“I’m sorry.” Right now I felt bad not really this is too funny. But at the same time I was surprised. Gabriel was mad at me. I really don’t know what to feel.

“I’m sorry Saphire. If there is ever a time I need or want to talk about it I’ll look for you ok,” He replied a little calmer.

“Ok you still want to continue,” I asked a little cautiously.

“Sure go ahead.”

“Umm let’s see. This is something very few people know about me. I’m claustrophobic. If I’m in a closed area for more than five minutes I will either pass out or die. At least I feel like I would die,” I said bluntly and without emotion. This isn’t really a topic I bring up so I wonder why I decided to now.

“For real?”

“Yeah no joke.” He seemed a little shocked but, I guess that was to be expected I did just tell him something big. Maybe I shouldn’t have said it. Oh well, I can’t take it back now it’s all out there in the air.

“Oh wow. Ok. Why would you share something like that with me?”

“I zon’t know. I guess in some way I kind of, maybe, sort of trust you.” I said this line with my Godfather voice. You know the one I'm talking about. Where it’s all like ‘You come to me on the day of my many times great grandfather wedding, why?’ Yeah it went something like that.

“Wow. Now for something about me. I hate white chocolate the only exception I make is Hershey’s Cookies n Cream.”

“I know right how could something be chocolate if it’s white.”

“Exactly my point James never understood it.”

“Neither does Scar. Listen I don’t discriminate chocolate but it’s a real contradiction.”

“Finally someone who gets it.”

We were having so much fun. Who would’ve thought I had something in common with Gabriel? “Oh my gosh it’s late. We have to leave soon if we want to make it to practice.”

“Fine let’s go.”

“Wait there’s one more thing we have to do first, and it’s a matter of national security. We have to go build-a-bear first.”

“Seriously don’t you have two already.”

“No I have three. And don’t pretend like you don’t want one.”

“Ok your right for that part lets go.” We threw away the trash and started heading for build-a-bear. I was anxious to get there, so I grabbed Gabriel’s hand and started running. Gabriel struggled to keep up behind me. We got there in about 5 minutes tops. I walked in a big broad smile came across my face. I felt like I was a kid who has never eaten a piece of candy in their whole life and just stumbled into Charlie’s Chocolate Factory, or something like that.

“So are we going to do this or not,” Gabriel asked. I turned around to face him with the smile still on my face, causing him to let out a low chuckle.

“Hell yeah. Come on,” I squealed while dragging him inside. We went to choose our soon to be new best friend. I choose the brown puppy and Gabriel chooses the white bunny. The workers or as I like to call them elves, stuffed them for us. Then we had to make a wish on the hearts and seal them with a kiss. I heard Gabriel say my name when he made his wish, but now wasn’t the time to ask him about that. We went to airbrush our new best friends then to pick out their outfits. I choose a cute basketball outfit and a batman costume. So he’s a BABBA (build-a-bear-basketball association) superstar during the day and Bat-Pup at night. Gabriel chose a cheerleading outfit and a nurse costume which he thinks is “hot”. After that we went to make the birth certificates. I named mine Oliver Rodriquez and Gabriel named his Aaliyah Giddens. All that’s left now is to pay. All of our stuff put together was at least $200 or more, so I paid and left a $50 tip in the charity glass. I was feeling bad so I left another $50. I just have a soft spot for kids in need.

I saw the time and we had another hour and a half until practice. So we took our time heading to the car. When we went on the highway you wouldn’t believe the traffic. “Are you serious, were never going to make it back in time. Saphire please tell me this car can fly.”

“Nope but I think I got something else that might work.” Now Gabriel had a puzzled look on his face. I went in the glove compartment and pulled out a police siren and radio. I plugged them in and put the siren on the roof and turned it on. “Now drive they’re making a path for you.”

“Where did you get this stuff?”

“I’ll explain later just drive and yes you can speed.” I said answering his silent question and immediately regretting it. He was driving so fast I felt like I was on a rocket NASA was launching into space. “Saphire come in can you hear me,” a voice on the radio asked.

“Yeah I can hear you loud and clear Uncle Wayne.”

“How did you know it was me?”

“I know it’s you because everyone else calls me Little Army Girl, Wayne’s Niece, or Red.”

“Oh yeah, but anyways what’s the emergency?”

“Well there was this massive traffic jam and I needed to get back to the college before I was late for tennis practice with Mr. King.”

“He still works there, anyways that explains it. I couldn’t stand that man. You think having him as your coach is bad try your P.E teacher.”

“Ok. Later Uncle Wayne.”

“Bye don’t be afraid to call you know.”

“I’m not I just have a lot of work to do. Love you.”

“Love you too.” By the time we were done with our conversation Gabriel had just pulled up at the college. We rushed to the locker rooms to go change. I opened my locker to start taking out my stuff. Just then I felt a hard push against my back. And in a heartbeat I was shoved into my locker. The door was shut closed and locked. I got a glimpse of the person and there was something familiar about the face. I can’t quite put my finger on it though. All I knew is that it was a girl, an ugly one at that. Talk about split ends.

“Help!! Somebody please!! Anybody!! Help!!!!” I screamed and banged on the locker trying to make as much noise as possible. After a while I gave up I sat down, hugging my knees, and cry. I am worried small places make me feel small, invisible. I started to panic and hyperventilate. Then I began to sweat like crazy. In less than 10 minutes I was going to go crazy. At least 45 minutes after that I might die. I tried one more time to cry for help. I felt the walls closing in on me, scratch that the entire world. Well this sucks, a lot. You may think I’m crazy or being overdramatic, but put yourself in my position.

“Help!! Can anybody hear me!!! Help!!! Is anyone there!!!! Help me!!! Can anyone hear me,” I screamed with my last bit of breath.

“I can hear you. I’m coming,” Gabriel shouted. Oh my gosh!! Thank you for a miracle. It feels as though I’ve spent an eternity in here. I was now panting, sweating, breathless, and extremely tired and sore, and I could feel my throat closing up, but right now all I care about is freedom. I saw Gabriel threw the locker door. Then I heard something break possibly the lock. Then the locker door burst open and I just felt so happy, yet so sad at the same time. I saw Gabriel extend his arms out to me. So I leaped into them. He held me tightly and I just sobbed uncontrollably in his chest. This was the second time this happened.

“Saphire what happened?”

“I don’t know one minute I was getting ready next thing I know I’m in the locker.”

“Wait so you were in there that long?”

“What do you mean?”

“Saphire practice is over. It finished at least 15 minutes ago. I got worried when I didn’t see you and I came searching.” Oh wow there is no possible way.  I didn’t even realize I was in there that long. To know that I was just minutes away from death mad me cry even more. I felt my feet lift off the ground. “Come on. Let’s got to the room,” Gabriel said as he carried me out bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck then buried my head in his shoulder. “Get some sleep Saphire I'll go get the stuff from the car. Ok.”

I didn’t want to be left alone right now. But it was better than bringing all those bags and boxes upstairs. So I went to sleep. Hopefully that would help.

Unknown POV

 I hope she dies in there. She is just so stupid, she should have known better than to be alone. I’m actually glad she didn’t because her stupidity worked to my advantage. That just means less blood on my hands. I know no one will hear her, it’s late in the evening. Night classes don’t start until 8, and everyone is usually relaxing from a ‘stressful’ day or chilling somewhere. Plus no one from the stupid tennis team will hear either because the court is too far away. It was just my luck that she was supposed to be the only girl at practice today. So ha-ha I should have thrown a snake in there too, but those things creep me out.

You know if you think about it it’s her fault for letting information like that out in public. She can be so naïve. I’ve been following her and her friends around for a while now just waiting for when one of them would slip up. I mean seriously they’re all so stupid. Except for one though, he’s the one I want. It’s just too bad that he’s all hearts and flowers for Saphire. I honestly don’t get why.  I’ve known him all my life and he knows I like him, but he wants Saphire. It’s just so funny they’re all so oblivious, how could they not see me following them? I just couldn’t believe my luck when I found out that James and Scarlette were leaving for a while. Hmm... The pleasure of being me.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeep………….where’s that coming from

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep…….no seriously.

Beeeeeep………..what the hell is that??

Oh yeah my phone was on vibrate because I didn’t want it to go off while I was doing my…… um……. business.

Hey sis, we need to talk meet me at our usual spot.

I’m on my way

I sent back, before walking out to the parking lot to my car and off I went. Feeling all giddy just remembering what I just did and what is going to come out of it. Ooh I feel a little excited now better hurry. So I went 90 all the way to our usual spot ooh can’t wait. If there is any possible way for her to still be alive then I'll just have to kill her myself. She will rue the day she crossed paths with me.

~*~that’s the end of another awesome chapter yah!!!! ~*~

I hope. Oh Kay, so the unknown chapter my closest friend wrote for me and I hope you guys like it, I just thought that a pov like that would give the chapter that extra that will make it awwwwwwweesomee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I’m a little hyper today

And I’ll try to upload before the end of this week  :D

Vote

Comment

Fan

~*~Please it would help and mean a lot to me~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

560K 12K 65
{ completed }. ( IN EDITING ) When Gabriella meets the boys for a photoshoot, will their be a cert...
17.9K 1.1K 6
Winner of First prize in Best Two/Three shot story in Abhigya awards 2018... Marriage is a sacred bond... What will happen to the lives of three peop...
33.1K 778 43
He'll Never Forget the look on her face and she'll never forget her first heartache. But when life throws them back into each other's lives. It will...