A Solitude in Hugs

imsh00k által

TWO STORIES IN ONE!! High school AU's //phan •In which Phil Lester falls in love, and finds himself trapped... Több

/a moment that exists outside of time/
1/story one/
1/story two/
2/story one/
2/story two/
3/story one/
3/story two/
4/story one/
4/story two/
5/story two/
6/story one/
6/story two/
7/story one/
7/story two/
8/story one/
8/story two/
9/story one/
9/story two/
10/story one/
10/story two/
11/story one/
11/story two/
12/story one/
12/story two/
13/story one/
13/story two/
14/story one/
14/story two/
15/story one/
15/story two/
/a moment that exists outside of time/
16/story one/
16/story two/
17/story one/
/a moment that exists outside of time/
17/story two/
18/story one/
18/story two/
/a moment that exists outside of time/
19/story one/
19/story two/
20/end of story one/
20/end of story two/

5/story one/

525 26 44
imsh00k által

"You ready for me, sir?"

I turn towards the sounds of Dan's voice, my face visibly blushing at the way he said those words. He did that to me a lot and I had no idea why.

"Ready for you to do what?"

"Well, the grand entrance. But, I'm doing it when second hour starts."

"That's in five minutes."

"Yep, so be ready. And stand behind the desk. Jerry will probably hit you with the Tuba otherwise. And if that doesn't happen, Pom pom to the balls. It's happened to Caspar before. You're a little too close to the whole parade."

I step back and he giggles, "You're so cute when you're nervous!"

"Thanks."

He then grins and wiggle his eyebrows. "And guesssss what I'm going to do today?"

"What?"

"Oh, it'll be absolutely beautiful. Just wait."

"Dan! Come on dude, the band needs directing!" Joe suddenly whisper shouts to Dan at the door.

"Oops, got to go!" Dan said, jogging out of the door and following Joe down the hall.

I sigh as students start to sit down in their chairs and eventually Mrs. Jackson comes back from her bathroom break just before the bell rings. She smiles at me. "You know, having you here means I can leave for the bathroom whenever I want. All the other teachers are jealous of me cause I got you."

I laugh. "That's nice to know. But why?"

"Oh, a student teacher is a blessing, honey. That means I have a sub when I need him, a personal paper slave, a monitor, and a detention ward all to myself." Mrs. Jackson laughs hysterically. "Thank the LAWD for you!"

Oh wow, okay.

She sits down as the lesson begins and smiles, "Good morning class, today I need you-"

Suddenly a cheerleader flips into the classroom, stopping Mrs. Jackson dead in her tracks. "L-E-S-T-E-R!" Another one twirls in closely to me with flowers, and she smiles. "Sweeter than a chocolate bar!" She holds them out for me and whispers, "For you!"

"Thank you?" I tilt my head and take the beautiful flowers, wondering who they're from. But then I remember who's grand entrance this is, and I my eyes widen as suddenly the cheerleaders start cheering again.

"In he comes, there's no handsomer man!
In comes Dan with a big brass band!"

And as promised, a small part of the brass band starts barreling through, making room in the entrance and playing loudly. And then I hear loud shouting as the jocks zoom through, carrying Dan on their shoulders. He's smiling at everyone and everyone is laughing, apparently loving the show.

The cheerleaders start up again.

"Here is Dan, most awesome in the world.
But he has his eye on a certain girl!"

A jock leaves the group and goes to Cara, putting a lei (flower necklace) over her with a smile, and more flowers on her desk. She blushes and laughs as Dan is let down and makes his way towards her.

"Dan has a question, cool as he!
Cara-"

"Will you go on a date with me?" Dan asks, and I have never seen a girl so flustered yet having so much fun at the same time.

"Absolutely." She laughs.

The whole classroom plus the jocks and cheerleaders and band students start cheering, and a pom pom does indeed almost hit me, but luckily I was behind the desk. I am so lost in the moment that I forget what's supposed to be happening.

Then I hear Mrs. Jackson.

"DANIEL JAMES HOWELL!"

The whole room goes silent. He turns towards her with a great big smile. God, he's so unafraid of trouble.

"Principals office, now. And I want all of you, OUT!"

Quickly and quite terrified, all the students that weren't supposed to be here leave the classroom, scattering into the halls. Except for Dan, of course, who waits behind them with a smirk.

"I cannot believe how many times I've had to do this!Daniel, go."

"Alright, babe. See you tomorrow." Dan sighs, beginning to exit the room. But before he does, he stops next to me and whispers. "See you in detention."

And he winks.

//

"So, basically I have detention for a month. And, because Principal Fermin adores me, I only have to clean the bathrooms once out of every week. He thinks I'm too good of a kid to suspend, since my grades are nice. And, after I told him it was for a date, he said I get this Friday off for Cara, and then I do an extra hour on Monday. And everyone who was involved will be in detention with us tomorrow. But, the rest of my detentions will be private, because, like I said before, I'm too much of a distraction and I have too much fun with everyone apparently. And since it's my second time doing this, I'm no longer allowed in the band room. So...did you like the flowers?" Dan finishes, smiling at me on the desk.

I shake my head. "You're crazy. But yeah I do...and the chant was cute."

"Thanks, all of it was written by me."

"Oh, I could tell."

Dan sighed. "I can't wait for my date with Cara."

I nod, even though for some reason I can't find myself to be happy for him. There's this feeling, that it's not meant to be. It's also a feeling that's probably not supposed to be there.

"Have you ever liked someone so much that...forever didn't seem like it could be enough time for you guys to last?"

I shrug, trying to hide my embarrassment. "Uh...yeah."

He lays down on the desk with a dreamy tone. "It's a nice feeling. To want to be with someone after eternity. It's content to long for that persons existence so much. It brings so much of a stronger connection. Knowing that there is no forever."

I stare at him, laid out and staring at the ceiling, dreaming of being with Cara. Dreaming of being in love. Dreaming of forever with...her.

"What was he like?" Dan asked, turning to me with a smile.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Who?"

He rolls his eyes. "You said there was someone in your life you could be with forever and never grow tired of. What was he like?"

I sigh, leaning back in my chair and letting my own eyes drift to the ceiling. "He was beautiful, in every since of the word. But, he could never see it. He was creative, and sweet. And he brought out the whole universe with his smile."

"What happened?"

"He told me that he needed space. And instead of bringing out the universe, he ended his whole world."

Dan paused, processing it for a while. "I...I'm sorry for your loss."

I shake my head. "Don't be. I don't miss him anymore."

"Why?"

"He never really loved me, Dan. He never loved anyone."

And I'd never said that out loud, but it was the truth. He never cared. He didn't love me. And He was just a boy I fell in love with too soon. And he knew what he was doing to me when he decided to leave. And he knew what he was doing to everyone else when he left for good.

He was not so beautiful on the inside.

"Did you move on?" Dan whispered.

I think.

"Sure." I found you.

-

AN: WOOH

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

83.6K 5.4K 18
'don't do that. don't act like you care. i might do something stupid, like open up to you.' {or the one where phil has a photographic memory and dan...
1K 110 15
dan is an introvert. a blank sheet. phil is an enigma. a mystery. what happens when the two become neighbours? pastel!phil x dan This is just my p...
176K 6.6K 54
Part 1 Phil is the new boy to school. Dan is the loner who doesn't talk. After his new friends, Chris and Pj, convince him to talk to him, Phil finds...
160K 8.4K 101
I wrote this when I was 13 and I'm so embarrassed of it, I wanna delete this story so bad because it's actual trash but so many people like it so I'm...