Trying Our Best - Carl Grimes...

By timeofjuly

COVER BY- XFINITYBIEBER |||| WARNINGS: STRONG LANGUAGE [DISCONTINUED?] tell me if you want to have it conti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
A/N
@Tagged@
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
@Tagged@
Chapter 14
Fan Account
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 15

230 10 7
By timeofjuly

Chapter Fifteen:

Timeskip: A few weeks

Even though I took a shower last night, I took another today. Just as the water began to get cold, I turned the handle to the left to get hot water. I backed up against the wall of the shower and slid down until I rested up against the wall, sitting.

I sat there for who knows how long, letting the water droplets hit my bare body. I'd always do this before the shit hit the fan but nowadays, you can only do once in a blue moon.

Flashback: (Reader is 6)

"Hey mom?" I looked up to see my mom watching the car slowly leave. The hands of the people waving their goodbyes.

"Yeah sweety?" She finally looked down to me and not the car.

"How come we don't see Ami a lot?" We only got to see them maybe once a year.

"They're a busy family (y/n/n). That's why we see them once in a blue moon."

The memory of my mom and Amiable brought tears to my eyes. Amiable was Ami's full name, I just shortened it because I could never pronounce it when I was young.

'Damn. I miss Ami and mom... Bittersweet memories always get the best of me, don't they? Wait. Who am I talking to? Myself again?! Jeez.'

Instead of the memory, my mind then became a swirling mess of conspiracy theories.

'Hold up. Since he lives in the Bikini Bottom and his neighbors are Sandy Cheeks and a starfish, does that mean Spongebob is a tampon? Since the Drac on Sesame street is a vampire, does that mean he feasts on the kids that wander there?' After that, my mind went into the deep end.

"Hey! Get the fuck out! Some of us need to piss." Just then Thalia decided to ruin my relaxing moment.

"Okay. No need to get your panties in a twist." I shouted back over the water. I used the wall to pull me up and I turned the shower off.

I pushed the beige curtain to the right and stepped out. I walked over to where I had my towel and started to dry my body. Just as my body was practically dry, I wrapped the same towel around me.

I walked over to the mirror and grabbed the grey hairbrush. I got going on brushing my hair as Thalia non-stop knocked on the door.

"Hurry the hell up! I need to pee now." Thalia's voice began to be even more frustrated.

"Just let her in (y/n)! We don't need a pissed off Thalia. She'll turn into the Hulk." Jason yelled from somewhere in the thin walled house.

"Okay! God damn." I said the last part under my breath. I pulled my hair into a quick pony tail and opened the door.

Right as I opened the door, Thalia rushed in straight away and sat on the toilet. She didn't even let me leave the door before she relieved herself.

"Nice manners there sis." I said quietly as I made my way to mine and Thalia's shared room.

I opened the white door and entered my room. I closed the door behind me and locked it. I strolled over to the dresser and opened the first drawer. I pulled out a grey bra and (f/c) underwear. Then I opened the second and third drawer, grabbing whatever I had left for clothing. I also reached over to Thalia's bunk and grabbed her belt.

I dropped the towel and tried to hurriedly put on my clothes. I put on everything else but my pants as I heard Thalia knock on the door.

"Let me in. This room is the both of ours, not just yours." I walked over to the door, with no pants may I add, and unlocked the door.

She walking in with a snicker and sat on the bottom bunk. "Nice underwear there (y/n). So how long has this thing with Carl been going on?"

I felt my cheeks get warm at that sentence. "Just for around 2 weeks, that's all."

Nothing really happened in those few weeks. Carl and I went outside the walls more or hung out in my house. The others of Carl's and mine families went on runs, slowly gaining the trust of each other. I pulled myself out of my thoughts to the feeling of being stared at.

I looked in the mirror to see Thalia smirking at me as I pulled my pants up. I just zippered and buttoned up my pants when I heard a loud bang come from outside the door.

I put on my belt and ran out the door. I ran out into the hallway to see Jason standing on top of the staircase. I looked over the railing to see Kely in a heap of limbs with Molli. I went around Jason and made my way down to the two girls.

I say on the second to bottom step as I talked to Molli and Kely. "What happened with you two? You look like a human sized pretzel."

"I was just walking past the stairs to get to the kitchen when Molli tripped and fell on me. All I wanted was to eat but not this." Kely says as she points to Molli's butt. Which is rather close to her face.

"Well then. That sounds like a problem for you too. Thalia?! I'm gonna head out." I walked over the mess of Molli and Kely slightly giggling at them.

"Okay, just be careful!" I heard Jason say from the top of the stairs.

I had my hand on the doorknob as Thalia speaks out. "Use protection!"

With that I left the room, blushing, with a confused Jason left behind. I walked to right and just went wherever I could. At some point I walked in a circle and went straight back to my house. I saw Jason and Kely sitting on the porch talking.

"Heyo. What ya talking about?" I said as I walked straight up to the porch. The railing still being over my head.

"Just talking about before and now. Can I join you? Kely, you want too?" She nodded at his reply and I have them two thumbs up.

"Well, I'm gonna go get Thalia and Molli so they don't get left out of the fun." I smiled lightly as I walked up the steps and into the house.

I turned to living room to see Molli and Thalia playing a game. "You guys wanna join the walk? It's already the rest of us."

"But we're in the middle of this very intense game." Molli whined.

I walked closer into the living room to see that the very intense game is actually just Checkers. "It's only Checkers. Come on!"

"But I'm too lazy for this." Thalia and Molli said at the same time. After that they gave each other weird looks and snorted.

"I'm lazy too but just get your asses up." I said and all I got in return was a ' blah blah blah' from them, like Kindergarteners.

I grabbed both of their hands, pulled them up and over to the door. Kely and Jason were already at the sidewalk ready. "Well, let's go."

Jason and Kely started to walk ahead just as we got out the door. The rest of us caught up with them, making their group of two, now a group of five. Our little group just walked around a bit, cracking jokes every now and again until we saw Rick and his group heading into an RV.

Molli pointed out that they looked to be packing for a trip. Our group then rushed over to Rick to ask what was going on. "Rick, uh hello. Where are you going?"

"Hmm, Jason right? We have to get Maggie to the Hilltop to check on her and her baby. She is having severe pains." As Rick explained why they were leaving, I was surprised that Maggie was pregnant.

"Maggie's pregnant?"

"Yes but sick. She needs a doctor." Aaron said as he came out of the large truck.

"Stay here. Rick, can I talk to you?" Aaron stated as he and Rick walked about 15 feet away. I looked over to the two men and saw them having a slight disagreement. But Rick and Aaron then returned back to us.

"Aaron thinks we should bring three of you. Just in case of we meet up with the saviors and we need to fight." Rick said rather unhappily.

"Can I pick?" Aaron asked and Rick nodded then walked away with a grunt.

"Well, only if you want to go but Thalia, Kely and... (Y/n). You guys okay with that?" I looked over to Jason and he nodded at who Aaron chose to bring.

"Yes." Thalia said back almost right after.

"Sure." Kely said, seeming not to care.

"Yeah, okay." I said last. "Looks like Jason will get the finish your intense game of Checkers Molli. Just saying, he sucks."

Jason and Molli laughed but turned back to walk away. Just before they were out of earshot, I heard them yell, "Be careful! We need you all to come back!"

"We should go to the armory and get your weapons." Aaron said. He started to walk away but Abraham came out.

"Sasha needs to talk to you." The red head said in his rough voice.

"Take these guys to the armory, they're coming with us!" Aaron said as he ran into the RV.

"Better go get those weapons now, before they leave." Abraham said as he lead us to a white building with all of the weapons.

The four of us entered the building and headed to the back. We walked through an open doorway and saw all the weapons. Guns lining the walls, ammo boxes covering the surface of the table and knives laying inside of baskets all around the room. There was even things to strap/hold your weapons with.

"Damn." Kely said as her eyes looked at the room.

"Damn is right girl. Pick out your weapon and load it, if needed." Abraham said as he grabbed a machine gun, checking to see it's ammunition.

I walked over to the guns and saw a Taurus 9Mms pistol. I immediately grabbed it and checked the barrel. It was full. I walked over to the basket of knives and saw my own. I grabbed that as well. I turned around to the strap/ holder parts and grabbed a sheath that went on my thigh for the knife. I also grabbed one that hooks into my belt for the gun.

I don't really know how to use the gun that well though but it helps give off a bit a fear, right?

I strapped on the thigh holder onto my right thigh and then strapped the knife itself in. On my left side, I hooked the gun holder onto my belt/ pants line. Quickly, I placed the gun in it, making sure it was also on safety. I looked over my shoulder and saw Jason and Kely just about to finish with there own weapon choosing.

"We're leaving. Let's go." Abraham yelled from the front door.

"Okay." I said back as I was practically tugged along with Thalia and Kely.

"Wait, who are we going to fight?" Kely asked as we were pushed to the gates

"Saviors. Only if it's needed." With that, no one talked as we got closer to the RV.

Abraham made us run to the RV and then we all enter the cramped space. I walked back to where the mini kitchen is and stood. I looked over to Thalia and saw that she had grabbed Jason's original guns, two 8mm pistols, strapped to her legs. My eyes wandered over to Kely to see that all she had was a black and pink handled machete in its sheath along her right shoulder.

I zoned out until I felt a hand squeeze my own. I turned around quickly and saw Carl there. He gave a small smile and motioned to the seats that aligned the mini table. "We should sit. We may be in here for a while."

"Okay." I said with a smile. I head over to the small bench and slide to the wall. I saw Carl going over to the other side but then Thalia started to talk.

"Carl! Hey can you sit next to (y/n)? I wanna sit next to my new buddy Kely." As Thalia said this, she had a very visible smirk on her face. She had her arm tightly around a very confused Kely but all Thalia did was tug her along to the seats.

"Sure." Carl said as he slid next to me. I looked over to him and I saw the small smile that Carl would show. He left a couple of inches between us.

Just as Thalia pulled Kely into the seat, the RV started to move. Indicating that we just started our ride to the Hilltop. The only sounds in the truck for the first ten minutes were the occasional mutters or Maggie's groans of pain.

'Too bad Maggie has to feel this way. Maggie seemed so nice, I hope the baby is okay.' I kept to my thoughts until I felt a hand grasp at my own. I looked down and saw that the hand led to Carl.

I smiled softly at him as he intertwined our hands together. Carl kept his view somewhere else as he did this. I tried to see where his line of view is and it led to where his dad was driving.

As I looked out the side window, I felt someone staring at me from across the room. I waited a few minutes to see if the person would look away but for some reason the feeling was still there. I slowly turned my head from the window and looked over around the cramped space.

My eyes looked around the room to different people until I looked at Rosita and saw her staring straight back at me. She quickly looked away and headed up to where Rick was and began to talk with him and Abraham. I kept looking at the front until I felt yet another person looking at me.

I turned my eyesight to where Thalia was and she was still smirking at me. I have the 'fuck off' face but she didn't stop. I stared right back at her and then it became a staring contest. It lasted until I kicked what I assumed to be her shin from under the table.

I heard a slight thud as my foot connected with Thalia's leg. This led Thalia's face to twist into a mask of pain. I slightly laughed at her funny looking face, drawing the attention of Carl. 

"What's so funny?" Carl asked from the right of me.

"Thalia's face." I kept my view on Thalia the whole time, watching her give me a scowl and give me the middle finger.

"Why did she look kind of in pain?" This time I looked over to Carl.

"Because I kicked her in the shin after she kept on staring at me." I answered as I concentrated on Carl.

"And why was she staring at you?" Carl asked another question. Well he does like to know what's always happening.

"She was staring uh because... Well it doesn't matter really." I said as I turned my eyes to behind Carl.

"Are you sure?" I still wasn't looking directly at Carl but I heard some uneasiness.

"Yeah it's fine Carl." I felt his hand turn my face slightly until I looked at him. Carl just stared at me with his eye until he turned his head and looked around the RV.

Carl's Point of View

I casually looked around the RV, seeing if anyone was looking. The group were all doing their own things but no one was paying attention to us. Abraham and Sasha are laughing a bit at a joke he made about Bisquick, my dad was driving with Aaron in the passenger seat and Rosita was making small talk with Eugene.

I quickly turned my head back to (y/n) and rushed a small kiss on her left cheek. I pulled away and saw her smiling with a pink color dusting her cheeks. I looked over to the other side of small table and saw the other teens smirking.

"What?" I asked, trying to play it cool.

"Nothing." That was all Thalia said until she added on. "But don't you think you're not gonna get the warning talk. Not from me though, from Jason. You're in for one hell of a ride with him."

When Thalia finished, I heard a small thud and a groan. I turned my view to (y/n) and saw her face first on the table. She muttered a small "Jeez fuck."

I heard Thalia laugh a bit. "What's so bad about that with Jason?"

This time (y/n) answered me. "He's like a mom and a dad put together. He's very caring like a mother but way too over protective like a dad. Kinda like in the movies."

"Oh." I tightened my hands around (y/n)'s as I felt the RV stop with a big jolt. I turned to the front to see my dad standing up. I let go of her hand and walked over to my dad.

"Should we fight them?" Aaron said, talking about the many saviors in front of us.

"We should." I answered. My dad shook his head and stated, "They have more men then us. We should save our bullets."

Abraham then took the steering wheel and begun to back up. As we left, one of the Saviors fired his gun into the air. I headed back to my original seat as Eugene and Sasha looked for another route to drive.

Over the next hour, the RV has been stopped many times by Negan's men. The last one was where the Saviors had hung a man and set a bunch of fallen over logs in fire. We had driving for a little bit until the RV has stopped once again. The only difference is that it was now dark.

"They are not particularly looking for us. They are looking for this said rust bucket." Eugene continues on about his plan but I looked over to (y/n).

Her (e/c) eyes were a bit glossy as she looks out the dirty window. "What's wrong?"

I apparently scared her a bit, as she jumped. "Huh? What? Nothing's wrong. I'm totally fine." She mustered a small smile.

"You're lying."

"No I'm not. I'm fine. I promise." I was going to continue until the group started to pile out of the RV with Maggie in a cot.

"We should get out too." I saw the (h/c) haired beauty nod and I gently pulled her wrist to the doorway.

"What's going on?" I heard Kely speak up towards Rosita.

"Eugene, the guy with the mullet, is going to give us a chance to get Maggie some help." She answered with her slight Latina accent.

After everyone said their small goodbyes, Eugene got back in the RV. The rest of us began to walk out way through the woods carrying Maggie. I left (y/n)'s side and went to the front with my dad. No one spoke during walk, giving it an eerie silence. I saw a walker with a branch through its torso up ahead so I ran to it and sliced its head.

I walked back to my father and had a small conversation until whistling surrounded the forest. The high pitched sounds bounced off the dark woods and caused all of us to run. We ran, trying to get away from the sounds of the Saviors.

We all ran straight into tree free circle causing us to be blinded by bright white lights. The Saviors circles us, laughing, and making us get into our knees in a crescent shape. They all began to take away our weapons. A man went over to a white van and opened the back doors.

Out came Michonne, Glenn and a bloodied Daryl. They were then put into the same curved line as the rest of the group. To the right of me was (y/n). I kept my gaze on her as her eyes began to show nothing but pure fear.

"(Y/n), it'll be okay. I won't let anything happen to you. Okay?" I said quietly .

She nodded back at me but didn't seem to believe me. That everything would be okay. I only heard the Savior say his name, Simon, as he began to walk towards the RV parked in front of us. My view stayed on (y/n) the whole time, making sure nothing happened to her. Until a certain someone walked out of the RV, bringing arrogance with him.

3rd Point of View:

As Rick's group focused themselves on their loved ones, the concentration was broke when the RV door opened. The man clad in a leather jacket and that held a bat gave everyone an eerie feeling just like in the woods.

"Pissing our pants yet? Boy, do I have feeling that we're getting close. Going to the pee pee pants city real soon." Before the man said this sentence to the group, they didn't know what new types of hell they'd be introduced to during the next few moments.

Words: 3611

A/N: Sorry I took so long to write/ publish.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 94 18
Death like a door, To a place we've never been before - Would you live forever, never die? While everything around passes? When the going gets to...
3.4K 65 14
Millie Williams a quiet stubborn little girl living with her mother before the outbreak, until one day her mother leaves her and she's all alone to f...
13.5K 209 30
Family. A word that means the world to Theo. But what happens when that world is breaking? No matter how many things go right, double that goes wrong...
53.8K 3K 21
In a world taken over by walkers, ten-year-old Elodie fights to survive each day. But she's not just any survivor-she's a girl who happens to be hard...