The Hidden Sister [TVD]

By ShelbyAYarchin

[USED TO BE BITE ME] Rowan Pierce has never lived what's short of complicated. Complicated sister? check. C... More

Return to Mystic Falls
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
A Dinner for Six
Playing Games
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
162 Candles
Repeating History
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
THIS IS NOT OKAY
There Goes the Neighborhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
SECOND BOOK

Haunted

2.9K 87 11
By ShelbyAYarchin

The Salvatore house was bathed in sunlight, everything about it warm during the day despite the large velvet curtains. They blocked out most of that natural light, but still kept the warmth that it provided.

I had to admit, the liquor that was in my system paired with the comforting atmosphere of the study that we all lounged in was close to lulling me into a comfortable sleep. If it weren't for Vicki grumbling every three seconds about something new I would be perfectly content.

Stefan had taken over when it came to her. I didn't really have the patience to be a babysitter, and he wanted to start her on his almighty animal diet. It worked for him, and that was something to be prided on, but I had always needed something stronger.

I flipped through the aged copy of "The Call of the Wild" once more. I had read through most of Jack London's works before but was always drawn back to this novel. It was taught in schools nowadays, which made it easier to find an excuse to page through the story one more time.

"I don't know why I can't have people blood," Vicki grumbled, drawing my attention away from the words as Stefan rolled his eyes.

"Yeah Stef, why can't she have people blood?" Damon was on the chair opposite of me, writing down notes about God knows what. His pen was loud against the paper, his main focus on the book about land to his side.

"Because it's dangerous," Stefan explained for the hundredth time today. Both of them were like children, aiding each other in exactly what they had been over a hundred time. "Right Rowan?"

"Hmm," I shook my head, more interested in the paragraph that I was on than anything that had to do with this situation. No matter what opinion I carried they wouldn't listen anyway, so I kept quiet.

A loud knock at the door broke the fuming argument that I'm sure would break out at any second. Neither of the brothers made a move to answer it, both of them content on staring angrily at one another. Vicki just shrugged my way.

"I guess I'll get it?"

No answer.

I stood, walking down the long set of stairs that lead to the extravagant foyer. This place was used as a boarding house once; many of the rooms were left untouched while the study lay fully stocked with source material from different time periods.

The door hinges creaked loudly as I opened the large mahogany structure. Raising my eyebrows as a confused Elena that stood there. She looked like she was ready to turn away from the house in general. Just like the night we told her what we really were.

"Elena," I lifted my chin, "To what do I owe the pleasure."

"You um," She cleared her throat. "You went radio silent after what happened the other night. I wanted to make sure that everything was okay."

"Ah," I knit my eyebrows together. "The getting shot in the chest part, or the part where you told us both to kindly step away from your life."

She scoffed, stepping past me as she walked into the long hallway. Her shoulders were squared as she stood her ground. I closed the door and crossed my arms over my chest- facing her with a lifted chin.

"You haven't been at school." She said, stepping close to me. "Neither of you,"

"I'm sorry," I let out a small sigh, running a hand through my hair "I've been here. Helping with Vicki."

"No, she hasn't," Damon spoke as he walked past the two of us. He grasped his jacket, heading out to do something neither of us questioned about. "She's just playing hooky"

The sound of the door slamming shook the whole entire house. Elena flinched at the noise, her arms still crossed soundly across her chest. I couldn't tell if she was really angry with me, or the just the situation.

"I understand that you don't have the keep the charade up for me anymore." She stepped closer, her vanilla perfume filling my lungs. "But Caroline knows something is up. You should go to the school."

I dropped my shoulders, knowing that she was right. I didn't have much to do with helping Vicki in the first place. I was just reeling a bit from the large outburst I struggled to listen through the other night. Elena had broken up with Stefan, saying that she would keep the secret, but keep out of contact with us.

"Why are you here, Elena?"

"For Vicki." She said firmly, "Really for Matt. I hate covering stuff up like this."

"You get used to it." I grasped my own jacket that used to be under Damon's. It smelled strongly of his pepper filled cologne. Shrugging it only my shoulders I kept my gaze on the girl. She wanted to go upstairs, that much I could tell.

"I don't want to get used to it." She whispered.

My stare softened a bit. I knew with every ounce of me that her intention here wasn't to hurt me. It never was. But despite myself, I had grown accustomed to a friendship with Elena Gilbert. And right now, that friendship was being tested.

"I'll see you at the Halloween party tonight then?"

"What?" She whispered, eyes moving from the floor where she was staring at me. Her focus was somewhere else entirely. "Yes, yeah. I'll see you tonight Rowan."

The tires of the truck peeled against the asphalt, a strong scent of burning rubber hot in my lungs as I didn't take time turning the corner. Caroline mumbled some profanity, her shoulder banging roughly against the side door.

"Fuck, Rowan. You just got this truck back- think you'd like to keep it for a few more days before crashing it?"

I scoffed, handing her my phone. It was hot in her palm, weighted as she let her other hand rest lazily on her knee. She was dressed as a witch, the color of a faux emerald stone catching my gaze. It lit up every single time another car passed.

"Sorry," I mumbled, my mind racing swiftly. Stefan had just sent off a text about Vicki. Somehow the teenage vampire had gotten away from both Salvatore's. She was with Matt, heading to the party dressed up as the count himself. "I'm stressed"

"Well, don't be." Caroline placed her hand right on my knee. Her touch was warm, jarring almost. She squeezed my thigh slightly. I stared over at her, her lips pursed as she dipped her head a bit so the large witch hat shadowed her gaze. "I heard the punch will be spiked."

"Is that why your purse is sloshing?" I asked, she blushed a deep red and bit her lip. I liked the way she thought. I needed a drink right about now but knew that as soon as I got to that Halloween party the search would have to take president.

"It's not like you're a cop or anything, but yes." She laughed "I want you to enjoy yourself tonight. You and Elena have been..."

"Distant?" I raised a brow "Angry?"

"I was going to say annoyed, but yes"

We were mostly silent the rest of the way to the school. I had shut the car off, delving us into silence as Caroline drew her palm away and got from the car. I followed her, locking my truck as I stumbled in my own combat boots.

I had refused a costume, dressing in my usual dark attire instead. It was cold tonight, the full moon giving us all the light we needed to walk to the front of the school. Fake smoke was already pouring from the gym doors as pop music blasted from the speakers.

I had never seen a school put so much effort into something before, but at this point- I was happy that they did. Caroline had already said hello to about a million people, giving me a small smile before vanishing into the crowd.

My lungs burned lightly as I felt a hand wrap around my elbow, Stefan Salvatore's deep gaze pour into mine. It was nothing but worry. I felt my chest tighten. I hadn't been much help with Vicki, she was admittedly not my favorite person, but I still didn't want to see her get hurt.

Elena stood right behind Stefan's large frame, on the verge of tears. "We should split up."

"I agree," My voice broke slightly, but I cleared my throat before either of them noticed. "Stefan, go with Elena. I'll check the Hallways."

He nodded in agreement, his body language awkward as Elena lingered for a few moments before following him. I let out a breath, knowing it would be uncomfortable for the two of them, but Vicki was more important at the moment.

I kept walking, pushing through people dressed lazily in toilet paper and doused in fake blood. I hit the hallway quickly, thankful for the dulling of the noise. I was getting too old, and annoyed with teenagers to stick around this long.

My footfalls echoed in the hall as I caught a glimpse of what looked like Jeremy in a black hoodie. My head cocked to the side as I walked after him a few feet. His movement grew faster until he was almost sprinting.

I was faster than him, grasping his shoulder roughly as I slammed him up against the locker. He let out a thick grunt as his back hit the metal. The hood fell away from his features.

"What is your problem?" he hissed, shoving me off as he kept walking.

"Sorry," I apologized, running a hand through my hair as he waved me off. Muttering something about me being nothing but a crazy bitch.

I didn't' hear much after that, the scent of blood filling my lungs as I stared at the floor, trying to block out the rest of the party. I had been so focused on my own little adventure that I didn't' even think about using my hearing instead of just sight.

Bonnie and Caroline arguing caught my attention, but that's not what I needed to hear. A few chaperones spoke to each other, even a couple of teens making out in the broom closet- but one thing caught my attention.

It was Elena, crying right outside of the building; the loud crash of wood causing me to sprint through the exit doors closest to me. The night was cold, frigid air biting roughly at my fingertips as I panted; breath forming in front of me.

Stefan was knocked to the ground next to Jeremy, both of them crouched behind a huge yellow school bus that almost looked rusted over. I could tell it hadn't been touched in a long time- dust collecting at the windows.

Elena had let out a scream as Vicki dug her sharpened fangs into the girl's shoulder. Scarlet blood soaked into her already stained nurse's outfit. I couldn't' tell which stained were fake and which ones had just been made.

"Elena!" Stefan yelled as he clenched his side, struggling to stand. He was powerless, wood piercing his side as he fought back tears.

I flashed forward, not thinking clearly as I plunged my fingers into Vicki's chest cavity from behind. It was something I hadn't done for a long time; the feeling of her slow beating heart pulsing against my fingertips threatened to bring bile past my lips.

Swallowing roughly I pulled back, a sickening crunch filling the air as she fell into me; dark gray veins slowly creeping up her neck as all life left her cold gaze. She whimpered before collapsing completely.

My hand dropped to my side, her heart falling as I let out a shuddered breath, refusing to make eye contact with Elena. I couldn't. Not now. I wasn't even sure if I could stare at my own reflecting in the mirror after what I had just done.

"I suddenly see the resemblance." I could hear Damon from behind me. He always seemed to pop up out of nowhere during these situations. Elena let out a small sob as he stood beside me now.

"This is your problem," I growled loudly, staring into his icy gaze. "You clean it up."    

[A/N: I listened to the whole entire Lemonade Mouth soundtrack while writing this... Judge me.]      

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 4.1K 53
*Sequel to The Salvatore Sister* Evangeline Salvatore has been living a good life since her departure from Mystic Falls, filled with blood and night...
15.4K 245 16
Diana is a 17 year old normal salvatore girl.. or thats what they thought. Diana got adopted by Giuseppe and Lily Salvatore after her parents died, t...
61.7K 3.3K 27
๐—™!๐—ข๐—– ๐˜… ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฆ๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜… ๐—ก๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐— ๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฎ๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ป Cordelia 'Cori' Forbes is more reserved than that of her sister, Caro...
150K 3.6K 26
Destiny bound them at the beginning of time... Thea Montgomery has had her life flipped upside-down since moving to Mystic Falls. She's made friends...