Unleashed

By PrettyRandom

Annabelle Aconite, the daughter of a Sheriff, always knew there was something off about her. From her strange... More

Prologue
Nightmares
First Day Of School
Pebbles
Requested
Douchebag
Bientôt
First Warning
Worried
Games (Long)
Unexplained
Rodeo Drive
Murdered
Trust (Long)
Gem
The Fall (Long)
My Brother the Jerk
Midnight
The Tracks (Long)
Movie Date (Long)
Morning of...
Seniors Party
"Wake Up!"
Silver Lining
Drawings
étincelles
Followed
Let's Go Camping!
Red
Marshmallows
Meet Me
Revealed
Aftermath
The BBQ
My Slice of Heaven
Monday....
Pictures..
Proverbs (Long)
Breathless (Long)
Lost (Part 1)
Lycanthropy (Part 2 of Lost)
Feu
Meanings
Legendary Lovers <3
Close to Home
Unexpected
Visitor
Elements
Tarot Cards
Girls in White
Invitation? (Long)
Guess Whose Over For Dinner (Part 1 Long)
Falling Star (Part 2 Long)
Recruiting
Go Big or Go Home
Halloween (Part 1 of 3)
0 to 100 Real Quick (Part 2 of 3)
Mystery Guy (Part 3 of 3)
Breakfast
Your Eyes
Something New
You asked I've answered :) (Author addition)
"I Knew"
Surprise!
Starlight
Chest Pains
Twister
Linda (Part 1 of 4)
Fireproof (Part 2 of 4)
Illusions (Part 3 of 4)
"Symbolism and Meanings" (Part 4 of 4)
Purple and Grey
You Asked I've Answered Part 2!!!!
Lies
Mimicking
Ask Them
Dreams
"Bon coneur ne peut mentir"
Off To The Cabin (Part 1)
Hints
Icing
Muddy Dark Blue
Drinks and Those 3 Words
Changes
Shadows
Naughty Dreams
Your Father Is...
Filling in Some Blanks
Questions
House Pop Ups
Coward
What are you Going to Do?
Two Wolves
Heated Touch
You asked Again and I've Answered!
Reaching for him Mentally
All hell Breaking Loose
Lighting and Thunder
White Lights and A Wolf?
NOT AN UPDATE
Legacy
Character Questionnaire
!!!!!Untamed!!!!!
Printing Books?

"Stay Away From Harry."

24.5K 700 53
By PrettyRandom

French in this Chapter

Esprit de loup or Loup esprit - Spirit wolf

Sitting in the doctor’s office I starred at the tacky wallpaper as I pulled at the cuffs of my sweater. I hated doctor’s office, I hated it as much as I hated that rule where it is wrong to wear white after Labor Day. Looking around I counted the circles that was plastered up and down the wall. I had gotten up to 50 when the door opened.

“Annabelle Aconite?”

Looking up I looked over at my mom as she nods. Standing I walked over to where the receptionist stood and went inside.

“Well isn’t this just a pleasure.” Says Doctor Shepard as I walked in. “With how much of an hassle have to go through with to see you at school I would have never thought that you would come to my office willingly.”

Sitting across from him in a huge black chair I said, “I’m not here for me.”

“Oh really?” he says as he pushes his glasses up on his face, “And who are we here for?”

I rolled my eyes, “My mom thinks that I need to talk or that you need to prescribe something, to you know fix my head.”

He nods, “Your mother called this morning. Apparently you had an episode?”

Crossing my arms I leaned back in the sit and took a deep breath, “I didn’t have an episode, it was,”

Someone knocked twice at the door as Doctor Shepard motioned me to pause, “Come in.”

The door opened and my mom stuck her head in.

“Mrs Aconite, it’s a pleasure.” Doctor Shepard smiles.

“Same to you.” She looks at me than at the Doctor, “Sorry to interrupt but one of my coworkers is ill and I have go in today.”

“Great!” I exclaimed as I stood up, grabbing my purse, “It was so nice to see you today, but we’re going to,”

Cutting me off my mom says, “Oh no sweetheart you’re staying. Your father is on the field today, so I called Daniel to pick you up.”

“Mom.” I rolled my eyes.

“It’s either Daniel picks you up or one of the deputies at the station. Your choice.”

“Fine,” I sigh, “I’ll call Danny when I’m finish.”

Walking over to me she kisses my cheek as she bids her goodbyes and leave.

“Now,” says Doctor Shepard, “Where were we?”

I bite my lip and looked at the clock. I was so over today.

-------------------- 

My appointment with Doctor Shepard took 2 hours, in which I just pissed him off by answering everything with a question. I’m guessing around the time when I started reciting quotes from Nightmare on Elm street to him, is when he had just had enough with me.

“I want to see you 2 days every week.” Says Doctor Shepard.

“Sorry I’m busy.” I say.

“I wasn’t asking, I was informing you. I want to see you either twice a week on your lunch breaks at school or you come here.”

“Mmmm, can I pass?”

He shakes his head, “Annabelle, your parents are very worried about you.”

“I don’t know why, there isn’t anything to worry about.”

“Then what do you explain you waking up screaming, last night?”

“Simple, a lesson in which now I know never to watch scary movies late at night.”

“Will you ever be serious with me?”

“Will you ever decide to update your wardrobe? Because seriously, plaid?” I shook my head, “Not so cool on you.”

The Doctor took a deep breath, “You have to stop throwing up a defense to everything I ask you.”

“Well if you wouldn’t ask me stuff I wouldn’t have to throw up a defense.”  

Shaking his head he says, “Have a nice day, Annabelle.”

“Same to you, Doc.” I smile as I walk out the office.

Walking down the stairs, I pulled out my phone. Charlotte was a practice for another hour, Ashton was having lunch with his parents, and there was no way in hell I was calling Daniel after what had happen last night. Looking down the street I looked down at my shoes and smiled at the fact that I had put on my sneakers. The walk from here to my house would take about an hour or so, but seeing as I just wanted time to myself I figured what the hell. Pulling out my earphones I plug them into my phone as I headed down the street to head home.

----------------------- 

Walking home I tried to put together all the dreams I had and tried to understand what the hell they meant, and why half of them were in French. Walking down the road I listened to a playlist that Ashton made for me which consisted of random vintage rock bands that he knew I adored. I walked about 30 minutes when I came to a cross walk. Looking around I tried to figure out where I was and which way I should to go. Pulling up my address on my phone I followed the direction it sent me in. I walked for another 15 minutes when I heard a horn. Turning around I saw a grey truck pull up.

“Well if it isn’t Anya.”

I rolled my eyes, “How many times do I have to say, it’s Anna?”

Shrugging he looks around and says, “You by yourself?”

I nod.

“Heading somewhere in particular?”

“Home.”

He nods, “You want a ride?”

"I don't want to trouble you."

"No trouble, I'm heading that way. So hop in."

I looked around before I nod, “Okay.”

Unlocking the car I opened the door and got in.

“Thank you.” I say as I close the door.

“Don’t mention it.”

Shifting into drive he headed down the road to my house. We arrived there in les then 10 minutes.

“Thanks again.” I say as I unbuckle my seatbelt.

“Don’t mention it.” He says.

Climbing out the car I went to close the door when Liam says, “Anya.”

Turning around I say, “Yes?”

Liam looked at me as he runs his hand down his face as he gentle strokes his chin, “I don’t know how to say this without coming off like an ass, but,” taking a deep breath he says, “I want you to stay away from Harry.”

I looked at him, “Excuse me.”

“Look, I don’t know what you are, or what your game plan is, but if you even try to do something that puts him in harm’s way. You will pay for it.”

I took a step back from the car, “Are you threatening me?”

“No,” he says as he looks me dead in the eye, “I’m telling you.” Starting up the car he says, “You seem like a good girl Anya, don’t make me think otherwise.”

Shifting his car into drive he speeds off nearly running over my feet. I jumped back falling on my ass as he sped off.

“Jerk.” I yelled as I got up brushing myself off.

Walking up into the house I locked to door and tossed my bag on the couch. Going to the kitchen I grabbed a bowl a decided to make a bowl of cereal. Grabbing my tablet from off the table I sat at the kitchen island as I browsed through different things. I looked up things that I needed for school, and check my blog I had. I could hear the front door open and close as I looked up. Daniel walked in wearing his uniform from practice, he was covered in dirt as usual, but today, today was different. Today he sported a cut on the side of his face.

“Rough practice?” I ask.

Walking behind me he grabs a water bottle from the fridge, “No.”

Seeing as he wasn’t going to corporate with me I didn’t ask anything else. He stood there for a second downing his water as he says, “So who brought you home?”

“Someone.”

“Someone like?”

“A friend.” I say as I stand taking my bowl to the sink.

Rinsing off my bowl, I went to place it in the dishwasher when he says, “Is the ‘friend’ on the football team?”

“What does it matter?”

“Because I want to know who brought my baby sister home.”

Taking a breath I say, “Liam, Liam dropped me off.”

Daniel squeezes the empty bottle in his hand as he turns a walks out the kitchen.

“Daniel! Daniel!” I yelled as I ran after him.

Catching him halfway up the stairs I ask, “What is it with you and them? Why do you hate them so much?”

Turning to me he says, “The question is why don’t you hate them?”

“Because I have no reason to hate them.”

“Tell me something Shrimp,” he says as he walks down the stairs, “Why are you so interested in getting to know them? Despite hearing all that you heard about them.”

“I haven’t heard anything about them, other than the fact that they were supposed transferred for being bad.”

“I never knew you were so blind.” He says.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He says as he heads back upstairs.

“Whatever.” I said as I went and sat in the living room. Pulling my feet under me I turned on the tv as I waited till my dad got home.

------ 

“Pebbles.”

Moving around on the couch I buried my face into my pillow.

“Pebbles wake up.”

Rubbing my eyes I sat up on the couch.

“Hey there.”

Opening my eyes Harry sat on the coffee table in front of me.

Jumping back I moved from him, “How in the hell did you get in here?”

He shrugs as he says, “I have my ways.”

“You know this is breaking and entering!” I yelled.

He shook his head, “No it’s not.”

“Yes it is.”

He shakes his head, “No it isn’t.”

Sitting forward I say, “Are you stupid? If my dad finds out,” I start as he shakes his head.

“He won’t.”

“How do you know?” I ask.

“Because,” he smirks, “This isn’t real.”

I laughed, “So not only are you stupid, you’re delusional.”

Leaning forward to where his arms rested on his knees he says, “Look around, this isn’t real.”

I started to laugh when Harry moves his eyes over my shoulder. Following his gaze I jumped up from my seat as nearly jumped into his lap screaming. Over my shoulder was a huge dog, one that looked as big as that cartoon red dog I use to watch as a kid, name Clifford. Steadying me next to him, by my waist he laughs, “Calm down it won’t hurt you.”

“What in the hell is that?” I asked.

“That Pebbles is an Esprit de loup.” He says speaking in French.

“A Es what?”

Settling next to him he says, “Esprit de loup, or loup esprit.”

“Again what is that?”

Running his hand through his hair he says, “A spirit, something that will protect you.”

"Oh god," I groan as I lean forward, "I'm going crazy."

"Your not going crazy."

"I must be going crazy if I'm sitting her dreaming about you."

"I don't think that's crazy."

"Yeah, you being stuck up in all, I can see why you wouldn't." looking back over my shoulder a the huge dog I point and say, “So that's a spirit?"

He nods.

"Okay,” I laugh, “I’ll bite.” I say as I cross my legs facing him.

Raising his eyebrow he says, “You don’t believe me?”

I shook my head, “This isn't really happening, so its whaterever. I mean you’re telling me that, that huge dog thing is a spirit and that this is real. Therefore I’m chalking it up to mean this is one of my crazy dreams.” Looking around I say, “Thank god there’s no fire.”

“Fire?”

“Long story.”

Harry looks at me for a second as he says nothing.

Fidgeting in my seat I say, “What?”

“What are you?”

“Um, human?”

Raising his hand up to my ear, he pushes a strand back behind my ear as he says, “No, there’s something about you, something different.”

“Something different like what?”

Looking over my shoulder he says, “Time for me to go Pebbles.”

“What? Why?” I ask.

A hand laid on my shoulder as someone begins to shake me.

Shaking his head he says, “Not now.”

I looked at him as he stands.

“Harry! Wait!” I yelled jumping up.

Looking up at me he smiles, “I’ll come back.”

“When?” I asked sounding desperate, which wasn’t the way I wanted to sound.

Taking a step towards me he places his hand on the side of my face, brushing my cheek softly with his thumb. The left side of his mouth tipped upwards as he says, “Pebbles I’m no go for you.”

Looking up into his eyes I shook my head softly, “I don’t care.”

The door opened behind him as he says, “I have to go.”

A gust of wind picked up around us as the smell of dirt surrounded the room.

“Harry wait!” I yelled as he takes a step back from me. The room began to shift and I could feel myself waking up.

------------- 

“Sweetheart, sweetheart wake up.” I hear my dad say softly.

Groaning I rolled over to look over at him. He looks at me, he has the sense of relief on his face.

“Dad?” raising up I cover his hand that was on my shoulder, with my own, “Dad what’s wrong?”

Shaking his head he says, “Nothing.”

“You don’t look like it’s nothing.” I say.

“Have you talked to your mother?”

I shook my head, “Not sense earlier. Why is something wrong?”

He shook his head, taking his hand off my shoulder as he says, “It’s nothing. Just a hard day at work.”

Something in me could tell he was lying, but I said nothing,

“Okay.”

Pulling me to him he holds me tightly as he says, “I love you sweetheart.”

“I love you too dad.” I say as I rub his back.

I wonder what happened at work today?

---------------

French in this Chapter

Esprit de loup or Loup esprit - Spirit wolf

P.s thank you all for the comments I swear they are the best! They are what keeps me writing.. So thank you again! Your the best :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 60.9K 53
Before school even begins, 17-year-old Jake Kent is attacked by an enormous gray wolf. He's saved by a mysterious blonde, but things get even more un...
17.5K 1K 54
Everyone has heard the story of the Beauty and the Beast. But what happens if the Beast was just a powerful Werewolf male, who is so void of love tha...
7.8K 350 56
Audrey Mitchell is half werewolf half human. She has been moving town to town with her father for the past eight years, ever since she was ten. Wh...
2.6K 69 11
Although orphaned at an early age, caused so much trouble for anyone who knew her, and was always moving onto the next place not caring about who she...