I've reincarnated into the ev...

By MewsTwo

Bernald Tanzanite suddenly remembered he was in an otome game. He was the secret hidden evil character, who p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 6

6.1K 268 106
By MewsTwo

I've reincarnated into the evil character, but somehow I've healed them?
Chapter 6
==================================

"Mngh.... It's morning...?"

Looking around me, it seemed like it was the infirmary. Did the Sensei forget I was here? I'm pretty sure no one's allowed to stay the night. Feeling my hair, I could guess who might have granted my peaceful sleep.

Undoing my hair, a note fell onto my lap. On it was written, 'You have bruised ribs, so take it easy. If it starts to hurt, use the ice pack on the nightstand. -Richard.' Was it Richard who brought me here? I'll have to thank him later.

I touched my sides gingerly, but finding nothing hurting too badly. It looked to be about eight or so in the morning. I saw students walking into school outside.

*Kacha*

"You're awake, Bernald? This is considered oversleeping for you." Brittania-sama closed the door behind her. In her arms, were several energy bars. She dropped them onto my lap, and took one for herself.

"My friend gave me one of these, and I got completely hooked! It's made up of grains, and tastes salty yet sweet... *crunch*"

"Oh... This is my breakfast?"

"Mrph. Yeah.... I was really scared, you know? Seeing you that beaten up..."

She hung her head low, with a sad expression. My heart sunk a little seeing her like that. I prefer seeing her ikemen-crazy side than this. Patting her head, I asked her to look up.

"I'm sorry for letting you see me like that. Maybe I should have beaten up those brats first."

Brittania-sama shook her head. "No, it's fine. You did it to protect that student, right? And anyways, this gives me a chance to relieve some stress..."

"What?"

"N-Nothing! Nothing at all! But... Do you have any spare clothes? I'm starting to get jealous of your bod..." She said this with such a straight face, which made me bonk her head.

"Of course not. I won't ask you to get me clothes, since you'll forget anyways. And isn't first period going to start?"

"It's almost time?! Okay Bernald, take care of yourself!" With a roughish splendour, she exited the infirmary. As I thought I could get some more sleep, Brittania-sama peeked in.

"What is it?"

".....Uhm... I will support you when the time comes! Goodbye, pink nipples, muah!!"

Violently I threw my pillow at the door.

What the heck...? I need to sleep more...

-------------------------------------------------------------

*Kacha, kacha*

"Um... Are you there, Bernald-san?"

"Yes, come in Diago-sama! Do you want an energy bar?"

"Ah... No thanks. I brought something else for lunch."

I'm so glad someone came to visit me! Only after twenty minutes of sleep, I couldn't sit still. I wanted to do some exercises, but the Sensei immediately scolded me. Up until now, I was just staring at the ceiling.

Diago-sama brought over a chair, and unwrapped a box. Inside, was a tasty and cute looking bento!

"Did you make this yourself?"

"Yeah! Cooking is my favorite hobby, along with baking. Are you impressed??"

"Completely! I would have never expected this from you! C'mon, let's eat!"

I know I was acting pretty rudely, but that bento... It really made my mouth drool. Sweet and salty tamagoyaki, squid shaped sausages, and karrage with plenty of veggies!

"Haha, you look like you're enjoying it." A broad smile comes across his face.

"Absolutely! *puts one sausage in mouth along with TONS of lettuce*"

"....You're a lot different than I imagined. I've seen you as a prim and perfect butler, but you're really easy to talk to."

I sat up straight, and pushed up my invisible glasses. "Would you like me to stay that way, sir?"

"N-No thanks. Yesterday, I heard about what happened. It was really courageous of you to do that."

"Thank you. But I'm not looking for praise. And anyways, what's Richard-sama up to? I highly doubt he'd let this go easily."

In Brittania-sama's elementary, the corriders were usually cramped and busy, but everyone made way when we walked in the halls. From my sources, apparently a student that bumped into me disappeared. Another student that Brittania-sama briefly complained about also disappeared. Obviously I knew who it was, and I'd scolded him. But he only 'te he'ed me and ran. Richard-sama was such a juvenile as a kid, though not as obvious now.

"Oh yeah... About that."

The words he said after that made me choke.

"H-He severed all ties with the students' families publicly?!"

"At the site, I brought in a forensic team to search the area. Since there were footprints left in the dirt, they could compare it to a brand of shoe. From there, it was by process of elimination and interrogation."

"W-wow... Are you sure you're aspiring to be a knight?"

"Of course! So I can stay near Richard-chan's side and clean up his messes!" ...The next new reign will be full of mysterious disappearances.

"I guess they couldn't find any evidence of Rosa Spinel. I don't think tattling on a future queen would ever be a good idea."

"Future queen.. I never want to protect such a virago. Richard-chan has been talking to his Majesty about that. I'd be fine if he'd marry a girl he liked, but Rosa Spinal isn't tied to our country. We're in such a delicate situation with our neighbors, we need a powerful asset to our military."

In the game, the country's situation was almost never mentioned. I'd hoped that it would be solved when the heroine got together with one of the characters. She'd have a chain, holding her here. Situations change, and I definitely don't want her with any of the capturable characters. They're so precious, I'd be like feeding caviar to ants!

"...Diago-sama, if you or Richard-sama need soldiers, I will gladly become one."

"What?! But Bernald-san, you couldn't even protect yourself..."

"A servant's duties are more than just tending to our masters. If the need arises, I will protect my master at all costs. You and Richard-sama are included as well."

I felt a smile coming onto my face. Saying such cliché things were embarrassing, but it was true. I would do anything to keep those precious to me safe.

"Oh... Uhm... Thanks..." It seems I made him feel awkward. His face is red all the way to his ears. "L-Lunch is almost over, so I have to get back. ...See you later!"

Diago-sama hurriedly left, taking all the containers with him. I was kind of hoping to lick the boxes, but I think I might have embarrassed him too much.

"Bye-bye, Diago-sama."

==================================

After school, I went to find Brittania-sama somewhere around the courtyard. The sensei told me some medical advice, such as taking deep breaths at least once an hour. I kept the ice pack pressed against my side, as I searched the area.

After about twenty minutes, I stopped to take a break and catch my breath. It was then that a hand touched my shoulder, making me jump.

"Hello, Bernald-san! Are you all better now? I was really worried after hearing what happened." Gus-san plopped down next to me, and handed me a file.

"I should be healed after six more weeks. So this is the biography? It's really thin."

"Hey, my source spent a lot of time on it, but it's mostly only about one person. Laurence Tourmaline is a mysterious person."

The first person on top was Laurence. I knew he'd be a vague person, but I wanted to see if there was anything else I missed in the game. He wasn't from a noble family, and there are no records of his blood relatives. His attribute was earth, and his physical capabilities are outstanding. This was the only thing on his file, but I already knew everything.

His family and relatives, and what he really is. If what I read next about this heroine is unacceptable, then the future may be bleak. Setting aside Laurence's file, I opened Rosa Spinel's.

In the game, Rosa Spinel awakened her powers while trying to protect her adoptive mother. Not much about her past and true origin was revealed, but it was hinted that her true mother had already passed away. Like Bernald, she lived on the streets for awhile, doing whatever to survive. Once she was picked up by a single woman, her life changed. Despite living a commoner's life, being with her mother was always happy.

Now in the file, she was never taken in. She deceived a noble that she was his illegitimate daughter, and ultimately took over the family. The wife and son were treated fairly, and eventually they accepted her as a daughter. Her powers were awakened at a much younger age, but she was careful to not expose herself too soon. When she was old enough to be accepted at the Pink Star Academy, she released her pent up magic all at once, gaining the attention of authorities.

"Wow.... She's completely different from what she looks like. Under an angelic face, lies the heart of a demon!" Gus-san was leaning on my shoulder, and eating energy bars from my pocket. He's already eaten six of them, and he has the nerves to put the wrappers back in my pocket!

"Gus-san, do you know what happened with Richard-sama? I heard from Diago-sama that he confronted his majesty about her."

"That? Hmm... I don't have any real evidence, but I've heard that Richard-sama may be picking his wife at the end -of-the-year masquerade ball. Before then, his majesty wants Richard-sama to be a matchmaker for Rosa Spinel."

As he was saying this, he slid his head from my shoulder, down and into my lap. While still eating.

"I see... But who would swear their love to such a horrible heroine?"

"I dunno, maybe a zombie? Or an evil spirit?"

"Don't even joke about those. And how long do you expect you can still eat sideways?" I pushed him up, and shoved the wrappers into his pocket. Brushing off the crumbs, I began to try and find Brittania-sama once more. "Wha-Wait! Where are you going?"

"To find my master. I'm worried that she might approach a stray cat like a typical shoujo girl. Sometimes she gets too delusional..."

"I-I see... It must be hard..."

==================================

"When is that wench gonna go home?!"

I was following Rosa Spinel and her lackeys, but they've been hanging out for way too long. Who drinks juice and then goes out for coffee? Wouldn't you get a stomach ache??

"...Then, see you tomorrow." She waved goodbye, and went off in a different direction. Using my stealth skills, I followed her onto a crowded street.

When I said I would teach her a lesson, I definitely meant it!

Running up to her, I shoved her onto the ground. She fell on her hands and knees, and took the chance to step on her. Doing my best noblewoman's laugh, I haughtily said in front of everyone, "My, it seems I've stepped on a little pest!"

Of course I wasn't alone. I had my own "henchmen." They were of the haughtiest ladies of the school, that I've hired. In return for a special limited edition doujinshi of my own.

"Oh, Brittania-sama! You won't able to wear those shoes anymore! They now simply smell of peasantry!"

"Really, why does this school accept lowlifes like her? I'm pretty sure with her ugly looks, she used something 'else' to get in."

"Oh my, how disgusting! Ohohoho!"

I was expecting to walk away, and flaunt my wealth like a rich kid, but Rosa Spinel grabbed onto my shoulder. I kept my act as a noble ojou-sama, and swatted her hand away.

"What dirtiness you've touched me with! This is worth much more than anything you own! How do you expect to repay me, peasant!"

"You.. You really went that far, huh? I'll show you how I'll repay you! *smack*"

She really slapped me! She's finally struck the first blow.... This is for Bernald!

"Ugh! How dare you slap me! Graahh!!!"

I pulled her hair out, and kicked her with my heels. She was pulling my hair, and scratching at me. We were both screaming obscenities at each other, some that didn't even make sense.

"Whoa.... Um, Brittania-sama, we'll take our leave now..."

"Rat face! You wench! Die! Get run over by a horse!"

"Snobby, rich kid! Eat dirt! I hope you're robbed and needy children take your purse!"

"This is for Bernald! I'm going to ruin your face to the point you won't ever want to go out in public!"

"Hah! I'll do the same to you! I'll steal all your marriage offers and make you single for your whole life!"

"I'm gonna crush your puny family and sell you off at a dirt price!"

We eventually stopped fighting when people broke us up, but I felt pretty satisfied with my work. There were large red marks on her face and I'd successfully made a bald spot on her head. My revenge for Bernald has been fulfilled!

...I need to take a day off tomorrow...

==================================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 206 19
After being wrongfully kicked out, a 19-year-old Omega and his 15-year-old kid brother are forced to run, being injured badly in the process, as well...
919K 54.9K 56
Published on 4/5/20 In Neo's past life, he was a wicked person who sought to kill his little brother, the rightful heir of a Ducal House. His conspir...
3.6K 170 15
When Sky opened his eyes, he was in an unknown room. Dull grey walls were replaced with bright, white walls. There was no more of that iron scent tha...
18.1K 736 66
A Black Butler story: Light is always associated with everything good and darkness with pure evil. But what if real life proves otherwise? What if li...