Where The Time Has Gone || UN...

By arandomhello

Julia thought senior year was gonna be the best year in her life. After ending a two year relationship and de... More

|Copyright Notice|
|Timeline|
• Autumn •
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
• Winter •
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
• Spring •
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|

|17|

930 37 0
By arandomhello

17. A magical winter wonderland

I pressed my back firmly against Blake's seats. Staring out the window and watching the snow drift from the sky.

I've always imagine it as the skies were crying with happiness. Kind of like how people imagine the sky is crying when it rains. It was something my dad told me when I was little. I've kept it with me all these years because when the skies are crying of happiness. Something amazing is about to be in your life.

"So Julia." Tara smirks. "I wanted to apologize for ditching you while we were dress shopping."

"Okay." I say suspiciously. The devil apologizing? No way.

Her face went blank as if she was expecting a huge forgiveness speech. She turned around slowly and looked at herself in the side mirrors as Blake turned into the school's parking lot which was packed with all types of kids wearing almost the exact same thing.

"Julia," Blake said when we walked inside. "If you want we can hang out with you for awhile."

"Aww Blake that's so nice of you." Tara practically threw herself onto him.

"I'll be fine." I smile slightly. "Trust me."

"Okay," he smiled. Leading Tara into her kingdom of popularity.

I followed in shortly after. The room looked so much nicer than earlier today. It felt like a magical winter wonderland. No one could ruin this.

Unless your name is Elliot Carter. Then you could definitely ruin the night.

"Julia!"

"Go away."

"Thanks. Now I feel welcomed." He stood besides me. The stench of alcohol burned my nose. I'm not shocked he was drinking, it's Elliot.

"What do you want?" I groan. Trying not to puke. Not because I was by a dirt-bag, but he smelt like a middle-age man in a midlife crisis gone wrong.

"Oh I don't want anything," he turned to face me.

"Well that's not first." I snap. "Last time I checked you cheated on me because I didn't give you what you wanted."

"The past is in the past. Let it go as my friend Elsa once said. It's is a winter formal after all." He smirks.

This is the point where I leave. Which I did, I just wish I wasn't followed.

Elliot followed me down the hallways as I tried to lose his drunkenness.

"God Julia!" I heard him yell. "You know what. If you did what I wanted you wouldn't be in this position right now."

I turned around. Anger rushing through my veins. "Listen Elliot. I loved you until I figured out your true intentions."

"Took you long enough." He snapped back. Pulling out a silver flask he stuffed in his pocket. Taking a long sip of what I know to be some type of alcohol. "Maybe if you were much more willing, you could actually gain Blake's attention."

"You know nothing about me and Blake." I scream. Lucky the music was loud enough, no one could hear me.

"I do know you're chasing after a guy you can't have."

"I'm not chasing after anybody," besides a better education than you.

"Oh really?" He smirked. "So that's why this new found friendship is for nothing? Julia I know you, you'd never talk to a jock like him."

"Didn't really have a choice in that department." I cross my arms.

He took another sip. "I can't believe I dated you."

"That goes both ways bud. Now if you excuse me I rather spend my time elsewhere."

I turned to walk away, but he grabbed me, pulling me into him. So hard it knocked the wind out of me.

I've always wanted to do this. I brought my knee up quickly, but with all the force I had. He fell to the ground with a loud thud, holding his groin.

"Listen up Elliot," I told him. "Touch me again and you're gonna see the world in black and white."

I walked away. My heels, that Rebecca forced me to wear even though she's across the globe, clicking with every step.

When I walked inside, I spotted Blake. A worried look on his face. Tara was nowhere to be seen, not surprised by that matter.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine."

"I saw Elliot follow you. I was gonna come help, but-"

"Don't worry." I smile. "I'm done with Elliot and I don't think he's gonna remember anything."

He smiled. "Do I want to know what happened?"

"Probably not." I joke. "Just don't get in my bad side."

He joked, "I wasn't planning on it."

Just like there was a twist of fate in the universe. A slow song came on.

"Wanna dance?" Blake held out his hand for me.

"Sure," I take his hand as he lead me into the dance floor. Pretty sure Tara gonna be furious, but at this point in time, I could care less.

He held me close to him as we swayed to the song. Spiking up a conversation here and there.

"You know. Elliot was definitely drunk." Blake adds after I told him the entire event that rolled out just minutes prior. I couldn't resist telling him and he wanted to know, really bad.

"I never saw him as that type of person," I mumbled, "then again, I didn't think he dated me just to take my."

"Virginity?" He said it for me. "Sadly there are guys out there just like him. That's why I've come go terms that I must approve the next man you date."

"Are you my father now?" I joke.

"Julia, if Elliot wasn't drunk. He could've seriously hurt you. Emotionally and physically."

I hated to admit he was right, but he was. Elliot is so much stronger than me. He could've done something bad if he wasn't out of it.

"I don't want that happening to you." He gazed into my eyes.

"It won't." I smile.

The song ended and we drifted ways. Theo did show up right before the crowning ceremony just like how Blake said.

"I am proud to announce this year's royal court." Our principal spoke through the micros phone. His bald head reflecting off all the light in the room.

"Your king, Blake Hunt." The crowd bursted out in cheers. Theo and I clapped too, supporting our best friend as he's about to dance with the devil in a few seconds.

"What would be the chances if Tara doesn't win." Theo whispered while Blake accepted his crown.

"Probably one in a trillion." I joked. He laughed along side me.

I spotted Tara and her minions getting ready for her name to be called. Only because this I'd the only moment they look forward too their whole entire high school career.

"And your winter formal queen." He hesitated before saying the name everyone expected him to say. I saw Tara begin to walk up towards the stage.

"Julia Lee!"

"What?" Theo said abruptly.

"What?" I let slip out.

Tara eyes darted in my direction. Flames burning in those once familiar hazel eyes. Have mercy in my soul as I'm about to feel the wrath of Tara Tason. Again.

The bright spotlight found me in the crowd, blinding me at the first touch.

I walked onto the stage where our vice principal placed the plastic, but somewhat real looking, crystal crown on my head. Blake just as shocked as I am.

Thank god I didn't have time give a speech like every movie out there.

Blake lead me onto the dancefloor where a light shined down on us. I interlaced my hand with his. He placed his hand right above my waist like I showed him to do earlier. And not even a second later, my foot gets crushed by his.

"Ow." I whispered. I felt his grip tighten around my waist as I almost fell.

"Sorry," he chuckled. "Not good at this dance thing remember?"

The spotlight hit him in a way I've never seen him before. His brown hair out of his dark brown eyes that watched my every move. The scar right under his left eye from a dog bite when he was a child.

I realized now what I didn't know then. That is I'm falling in love with someone I can't have.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217 43 20
At some point everybody begins to get tired of the monotony in their lives. In my personal experience it has caused me to make stupid decisions. One...
7.9K 129 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
1.8M 22.4K 33
Highest Ranks: #2 Romantic-Comedy | #6 Humor NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON! When one tiny, harmless wish snowballs into a tapestry of events, Kim's life su...
3.3K 867 40
WARNING: This book will cause uncontrollable laughing. You have been warned. Character Quotes: "The key to success is... Live, laugh, love. Obvious a...