Love and Fame

By JeanineEmad

Brittany Calasto, or better known as 'Joe Calasto's daughter' was born and raised in Manhattan New York. Thin... More

Love and Fame
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Two

62 3 0
By JeanineEmad

A/N- Picture to the side is Luke. Played by Zac Efron

It’s now lunch and I walk into the cafeteria looking around for a secluded corner not wanting to be in anyone’s way. I find one all the way in the back and make my way to the table. I sit down and take my lunch out of my bag. Well today, it’s only a peanut butter and jelly sandwich since I was running late to make something better. I take the first bite just as I see someone’s shadow above me. I look up to see Drew there looking pissed as hell. “You’re in my seat.” He says with a frown.

“I don’t see your name on it asshole.” I say back looking him dead in the eyes giving him my famous death stare.

“Well I’ve been sitting there all year, nobody takes my seat. I won’t make an exception for the new girl.”

“Well looks like somebody just took your seat. You could find your own seat, and maybe perhaps staying there for the rest of the year.”

“Why don’t just get out of my seat and we won’t have a problem.” He says and I start to laugh.

“I’m not getting up, you don’t own this seat, and I sure as hell know you don’t own the school. If you’re so dying to sit down, than sit, but you won’t make me get up.” I say to him with a smile on my face seeing how I’m pissing him off. He deserves it for doing what he did in English. He takes a seat across from me frowning that he lost the battle.

“You know you got me a week worth of detention thanks a lot.” He says and I smile.

“Well, that was not my fault. I wasn’t the one being an inconsiderate bastard.” I say and I could literary see steam coming out from his ears from how pissed off he is at me. I smile to myself enjoying being a bitch to him. I’m not always a bitch but I am one when I have to be and right now I have to be so he knows he can’t walk all over me. He thinks he scares me but what he doesn’t know is that I’ll be scaring him by the time the day is over.

“Who the hell do you think you’re calling a bastard? You little spoiled bitch.” He says standing up getting pissed off. 

“You think calling me a bitch will piss me off like how you’re pissed off right now? You’re going to have to do so much more than call me a bitch.” I stand up with him getting in his face. “You don’t scare me. As a matter of fact I think this is just so hilarious I could just laugh seeing as you’re getting more pissed off by the second.” I see his hands clenching and unclenching as if he’s getting ready to fight. “What now, you’re going to punch to see if I get scared? Do it, if you’re really not scared of me being a girl you’d punch me right?” I roll my eyes at him. “You’re scared because I’m a girl right? You think I’m scared when you’re like this. You think you scare me because you’re a boy and it’s just so easy for you to get pissed off? If you’re pissed off I would’ve thrown the punch.” I could tell I’m really setting him off right now. His face is so red it looks like it’s about explode from all the blood rushing.

“You really want me to punch you don’t you. I’m not afraid to do it.” He says and I laugh in his face.

“If you weren’t so afraid you would’ve done it already. You’re afraid of someone seeing you that’s it right? There’s nobody else at the table what are you waiting for?” I say. I see him lift his fist up but somebody grabs his arm before he could throw the punch.

“I’d think twice before I hit a chick. Have some damn respect, or do you really want to know what it feels to be kicked in the face, again.” I look up to see some random kid holding Drew by the arms. What happens next makes my heart stop. Drew gets out of his hold and punches the kid right in the face. At that moment, there is a group of football players running our way. I see Luke running the fastest to get to the scene. He turns Drew around and punches him right in the eye, than the nose. Another person punches him in the stomach and he falls to floor holding onto his stomach. I run up to Luke and push him away from him. One of the boys lifts up the friend and walks him to the table and starts asking him what happened. I see the security guards rushing to us after seeing Drew on the floor bleeding from the nose.

“Are you okay?” Luke asks sitting me down and wrapping me in a one-arm hug. I nod my head. “He didn’t hurt you did he?

“No, we were just arguing. Then he threw the punch but your friend caught it.”

“Oh, yeah Moe has very good reflex.”

“I could’ve taken care of him myself after all I’m the one that caused him to become angry.” I say with a smile on my face. “And damn was it fun seeing him get mad like that.”

“He would have punched you.”

“I would have caught him before he ever touched me.” I say and he shakes his head.

“So what are you, some kind of ninja?”

“No, but my father forced me into taking self-defense classes just in case something like this happens.” I say and Luke just laughs.

“So it turns out you could take care of yourself.” He says and stands up. “What do you say you come to my table and meet some of my friends?”

“That sounds good.” I say following him to the front of the cafeteria where it’s more crowded and loud. I look down at my feet and not wanting everyone to look at me. Once we get to the table, he sits down and looks at me.

“Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to sit?” He says amused. I sit down next to him. “They don’t bite, you don’t have to be all shy and quiet, and they’re nice people. They’ll like you.” He says. I look up and everyone’s eyes are on me. Well not everyone, seeing to as there are only five people sitting down right now. “Brittany, these are my friends, friends this is Brittany, it’s her first day, so be nice.” Luke says and everyone starts to ease into conversation, sometimes involving me.

“Where are you from Brittany?” One of the boys ask.

“I’m from New York.” I say and he smiles.

“Ah, a New Yorker I love New Yorkers. You people are mad chill.” He says and I smile. “That’s where I was born too. I moved here when I was ten.” He says. “I’m Byron, and this is my girlfriend Chloe.” He says and she blushes. He puts an arm around her shoulder and leans in to kiss her nose. She scrunches her nose up like a kitten does and pushes him away.

“Stop you’re embarrassing me.” She yells at him. I laugh and shake my head. They seem like the golden it couple of the school I can just picture it.

“He’s captain of the football team and she’s captain of the cheerleading squad. Of course they’re going to be a couple. Isn’t that how all schools are?” He says and I laugh.

“Actually at my old school, the captain of the cheerleading squad was a lesbian.” I say and he starts to crack up.

“Aren’t lesbians supposed to be those sporty people that like to drink and smoke?” I shake my head.

“As a matter of fact, she was the prettiest girl in our school, I think there was a reason she was a lesbian. I think it had something to do with her ex-boyfriend. He probably did something that made her go for women.” I say and he laughs. “She was literary a model. All the boys in the school were dying for her, but they all know she is a lesbian. Even the girls were obsessed. I don’t think beauty is everything. She is the biggest bitch.”

“Trust me, she’s not worse than Crystal.” At that moment, somebody comes up to the table and laughs.

“Who’s not worse than me?” She asks looking at me particularly. Turns out she’s the girl that gave me an attitude this morning. Everybody groans and rolls their eyes. I could almost feel the hatred against this girl and I know she’s going to try to make my life a living hell.

“The bitch at her old school, because nobody can be as bitchier as you.” I hear the girl Chloe say.

“You don’t mean that do you Chloe? Because you know what I’m capable of, I could make sure you’re off the squad.”

“Last time I checked, I was the captain and I could easily have you kicked off.” She says with a smile. “You can’t take everything away from me. In fact, you can’t take shit away from me. Better believe this now, but nobody likes you. No matter how much you think people like you. Look around Crystal, they hate you.” Chloe says and everyone starts oohing at her. The bell rings and everyone starts to walk to their class. Luke and I walk together and he hugs me goodbye as I walk into the classroom. I get a text from Chloe

Chloe: I have a party tomorrow night, you should come it’ll be fun.

Me: I’ll ask my father, and I’ll let you know.

~*~

            My father picks me up in his Mercedes hard top convertible. I walk into the passenger seat putting on some music. I look out the school and notice everyone staring at us. Guess they noticed who I am now. I shake my head and start singing along to the radio.

            Once we get home, he starts to get ready to go back to work. “How was your first day?” He asks taking a few things out to make his lunch.

            “It was fine, I met a few friends and one of them invited me to her party.” I say and he looks at me, and smiles.

            “Oh, really, are you going to go?” He asks.

            “I don’t know, it’s a house party but she says her parents’ are going to be there.” I say getting up to get something to eat as well.

            “Well you should go, you’re 17 now, and you should know what it feels like.”

            “Thank you,” I say hugging him.

            “But absolutely no drinking, if I find out you do drink you lose my trust.” He says.

            “I promise I’m not going to drink.” I say running up to my room to look for an outfit.

            I call her up and she answers almost immediately. “Hey girl what’s up?”

            “Nothing, I was just talking to my father about your party. He said I could go.”

            “Really, I can’t wait for you to meet everyone. It’ll be so much fun.” She says. “Don’t forget it starts at eight tomorrow night. And I’ll have Luke pick you up.” She says.

            “Uh, what do I have to wear?” I ask.

            “Oh, just wear whatever, something that you’ll wear to school.” She says.

            “Alright I’ll see you tomorrow.” I hang up and run downstairs to catch my father before he leaves. “Daddy, could I get some money to buy new clothes.” I ask and he looks at me, his ear on the phone.

            “I’ll take you to the mall once I get back from work. Try to unpack a few things while I’m gone.” He says. I sit down on the kitchen table as he walks out of the door. My phone starts to ring and I look at the caller ID.

            “Hey Jen, how are you?” I ask.

            “Where are you, we’ve been looking for you all week and you just disappeared on us.” She yells at me.

            “Don’t yell at me, I’ve been busy, I can’t say where I’m at though.” I say.

            “Ugh, fine, bye.” She hangs up on my face and I roll my eyes. What a bitch. I call up Luke and see if he wants to come over.

            “Yeah, I’ll be there in probably three hours, I’m still at work.” He says and I smile.

            “Okay, see you then.” I put the phone on the kitchen table just as someone knocks on the door.           

            “Who is it?” I ask not recognizing his face.

            “It’s a delivery for Mr. Calasto.” I open the door and he hands me a box. He walks away and I kick the door to close it and put the box on the kitchen counter. After that, I decide I should clean around the house, since there’s still boxes everywhere.

            I finish emptying the boxes and putting them away in kitchen cabinets. Someone knocks on the door and I open it. Luke walks in and I show him to the kitchen. “Hey,” he says leaning in for a hug. I hug him back and he looks around the house. Its Victorian house it three floors and so many rooms just for two people.

            “You have a beautiful house.” He says sitting down on a chair.

            “Thank you,” I say getting something to drink. “Do you want something to drink?”

            “No thank you.” He says leaning towards me. The house phone rings.

            “Sorry I have to take this it’s my father.” I say. I grab the phone from the charger. “Hello?”

            “Hey, uh, we’re having a few of my workers over for dinner. Make sure the house is clean.” He says and I look at Luke.

            “Uh, I have a friend over.” I say and he takes a deep breath.

            “She could join us.”

            “Um, it’s a guy.” I say and my father takes another deep breath.

            “You have a guy over without me meeting him?” He says getting upset. “I guess I’ll have to meet him tonight then.” He says relaxing.

            “I’ll see you in a little.” I say and we hang up.

            “Uh, do I have to leave?” He asks.

            “No, he wants to meet you.” I say taking a sip of the water.

            “Oh, that’s good.” He says.

            “Just be yourself when he comes. If he asks questions be honest, he’ll find out if you lie.” I say and he looks at me nervously. “Other than that, my father is mad cool.”

            My father walks in and a few of his workers follow him. He walks in to the kitchen and I hand him the box. “This came in for you.” I say and he opens it. Something for the hotel, I guess. “Dad, this is Luke.” I say and my father shakes his hand.     

            “It’s nice to meet you Mr. Calasto.” He says nervous.

            “Same here Luke, but please call me Joe.” He says with a smile. I look at Luke with a smile letting him know he’s off to a good start. “So Luke, what do you do other than school?”

            “Oh, I work with my father at his auto shop, and I also play football for the school.” He says opening up.

            “And what do you think of my daughter?” I look at my father embarrassed.

            “I really like what I know about her. She’s a great person.” I smile to myself loving his answer.

            “Do you see yourself dating her?” My father asks continuing the questions about me.

            “Uh, she’s definitely the type of girl I would go out with.” He says and again I love the answer.

            “Are you a virgin?” Luke chokes on his drink and all my father’s workers start to crack up. “Are you?”

            “Yes, sir, I am.” He says and my father smiles.

            “Good, that’s a very good answer son.” My father says and Luke looks at me, and smiles. My father takes his workers out to the balcony to discuss work.

            “Great job, my father loves you. That’s very rare.” I say and he smiles.

            “Hey, Brit, get me a pack of beer.” He says and I go the fridge to grab him one. He walks back outside. I told him earlier today that my mother was an alcoholic and walked out on us.

            “I thought you guys don’t drink.” Luke says walking around the house taking his own tour.

            “He has a beer or two only when his friends are over, I don’t drink at all.” I say and he starts walking up the stairs. I grab his hand and he looks at me. “Oh, nobody’s allowed upstairs on their first day, especially knowing it’s not ready yet.” I say and he walks back down the stairs respecting the rules. “Is there anything else I need to know about the school?”

            “Um, everything you do need to know, you will experience, there’s no explaining it.” He says. “But, I’ll help you through it when you need it. The first two weeks are going to be rough.” He says getting closer to me. “I mean, it won’t be super hard, like everyone is going to like you, except for Crystal, but you’re the famous new girl, it’ll get weird.” He says and I laugh.

            “I’m not famous, my father might be but I’m not.” I say and smile.

            “You think you’re not, but everyone knows who Mr. Calasto’s daughter is. Don’t you think that’s called fame?” He says and I shrug.

            “Yeah, but I don’t get paparazzi outside my door waiting for me to leave my house.” I say.

            “Well that’s true.” He says. My father starts screaming out my name and we both walk to the kitchen.

            “It’s getting late. I think it’s time for Luke to go back to his house.” My father says walking the workers to the door.

            “It was nice meeting you Mr. Calasto.” Luke says and my father looks at him.

            “I told you to call me Joe.” He says and they both start laughing.

            “Bye Luke, I’ll see you at the party tomorrow.” I say making my way up the stairs.

            “I’ll pick you up.” He says opening the door. “Good night.” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

607 123 7
"We're like dead leaves on a tree. Already dead, yet pretending to be alive so the living won't be lonely." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Liv Marshall used to love s...
649 27 19
Ariana an her family live in Britain, her mom is queen of Britain! Ariana goes to Britain high private school, she plays all star soccer but not a lo...
1.6M 48.4K 32
I'm Matteo De Luca. A successful businessman in New York City. I have it all, the penthouse, the fast cars, the many vacation houses. I am successful...
14.4K 344 48
Then there was my mom. “I promised myself I wouldn’t cry,” she said wiping her eyes. “I promised myself I wasn’t going to have second thoughts,” I...