Love and Fame

By JeanineEmad

Brittany Calasto, or better known as 'Joe Calasto's daughter' was born and raised in Manhattan New York. Thin... More

Love and Fame
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter One

95 7 3
By JeanineEmad

A/N- Picture to the side, is of Brittany. Played by Cher Lloyd.

I’m in my room getting ready for my first day of school. My father knocks on my door asking if I’m ready to leave. I decide to wear something fancy enough to give a first impression, but casual enough to not make it as if I’m trying too hard. I decided to wear my tie-dyed colored mini shorts that studs under the pocket with a white chiffon button down shirt tucked into it. The tank top is see-through so I decide to add a pink tank top to wear under it. I put on pink converse sneakers to finish off the outfit. “Yeah lemme just grab my bad and I’ll be out.” I say going into my walk in closet to grab my PINK sequins back-back that my dad got me before he left for L.A.

            Once I walk into the school the hallways are already empty and I look around the school wondering how the hell I’m going to find any of my classes. It’s huge. I spin in a circle trying finding the main office and coming up short. I see a girl walking towards me and stop her. “Um, I’m new here and I was wondering where the main office is.” I say and she at me rolls her eyes and points to the stairs. Wow, is everyone in this school so rude? I wonder to myself. I walk up the stairs trying to find the main office and still come up short.

            “You seem lost, are you new here?” A new voice says. I turn around to look at him and blush. Man is he cute.

            “Uh, yeah, it’s my first day here.” I say biting my lip nervously.

            “I could see that.” He says with a smile. “I’m Luke, and you are?”

            “Brittany.” I say looking away from his face.

            “Well Brittany, what are you looking for?” He asks.

            “Main office.” I say simply and he shakes his head and nods at wall behind me. I turn to see what he’s looking at and I shake my head. There’s a huge window with the words written ‘MAIN OFFICE’ how in the world did I miss that. “Wow, I’m stupid.” I mutter to myself and he laughs.

            “You’re not stupid, but you look kind of nervous.”

            “Is it that obvious?” I say and he nods his head.

            “Well hopefully I’ll see you around. I better get back to class. It was nice meeting you.” He says and I smile and walk away, going into the main office.

            The secretary looks at me and smiles. “Hello dear, you must be Brittany. Mr. Henderson would like to see you now.” She says pointing the door behind her and walking me in. “Brittany’s here Henderson.” She tells him and she walks out.

            “You may take a seat Ms. Calasto.” He says and I sit down.

            “I’m just going to give you your textbooks, your class schedule and a map of the school for now, seeing how you’re already for school, but once school is finished I’d like for you to come see me so we could discuss a few things. Sound fair?”

            “Yes sir.” I say keeping my hands in my lap to keep them from fidgeting. He hands me a few papers along with a handful of textbooks.

            “Here you go.” He says handing me a small slip. “It’s a pass to class.” He says.

            “Um, where’s my first class?” I ask and he calls in his secretary.

            “Joan, would you mind showing this young lady to her English class?” He says.

            “No sir.” She says ushering me into the hall. “I’m sure your teacher won’t mind you’re so late to her class seeing how you’re the new girl. And she’s a sweetheart so you’ll have no trouble with her at all.” We walk down the hallway and stop at the last door.

She knocks on the door and a very young lady answers it. “Ah, you must the new student. Everyone say hello to Brittany Calasto.” The teacher says. “Thank you Joan for showing her to class.” She says before going back to teaching class. “Brit you may take a seat wherever you would like.” She says turning back to the smart board. I look around the room to see half the class staring at me wide eyed. My eyes land on Luke, the kid from the hallway. But seeing how there are no seats around him available I decide to sit in the back by the window. “Okay class, we’re going to be reviewing for our test next week on the book we have read this past month. So take out your books and turn to the first page. Brittany I’ll be with you to help you.” She says while grabbing a huge pile of paper. Each packet is at least ten pages. “Okay, so I’m handing out the study guide, you’ll have all period today and tomorrow to work on these.” She says reaching the last student. “Do you have any questions?”

            “Are we allowed to partner up?” I hear I boy asks.

            “Aha, thanks for reminding me, I already came up with groups.” She says with a smile on her face.

            I could just tell from the way she talks that she is a very friendly teacher, and very easy, I mean even though the study guide is ten pages, we still could read the book to find the answers and I’m pretty sure the questions aren’t even that hard. She starts reading off names, and notices how everyone is excited to be partners with the other person. I guess she’s the kind of teacher that knows how to do her job of teaching, but also having fun in the classroom. “Ah, Drew, would you mind being partners with Brittany?” She says to the kid sitting next to me. He’s wearing dark clothes, and his hair covers half his face so I can’t really get a good look at him. I could see this guy as being the jerk of the school.

            “No of course not Mrs. Newton I would love to be partners with this lovely lady.” He says winking at me. I smile back shyly as he moves his desk to be directly next to mine.

            “Okay class, you may begin.” She says with a smile on her face.

            “I’m Drew Alveraz. It’s nice to meet you.” He says. I shake my head.

            “Brittany Calasto.” I say.

            “I know exactly who you are. You don’t think the world knows about daddy’s little princess. Ms. Calasto?”

            “Look, I don’t know who you are, and I don’t know what I ever did to you. So can we just work on this study guide?”

            “Not until we get one thing clear.” He says and I look him in the eyes.

            “And what would that one thing be?” I ask trying my hardest to be serious but his face is just too funny to look at.

            “I know who you are, and I know that your little boy toy Brian, used you to get to the media. He never loved you.”

            “Which is why I ended things with him. What are you getting at?” I say getting annoyed at him.

            “I’ll show you a good time if you go out with me.” He says.

            “You know what, you’re really funny. You think I don’t get that all the time. You see at least Brian had the nerve to talk to me with respect before he asked me out. What makes you think I’ll want to spend another five minutes around you?” I ask.

            “Bitch I will make your life a living hell if you don’t respect me.” He says out loud. The whole class starts to whisper.

            “You’ll have to do a lot more than make my life a living hell to bring me down.” I say to him. “You’re just a low life, who thinks you just waltz up in my life thinking you could threaten me. You’ll have do so much more.” I walk up to the teacher and ask for a pass. “Could I get a pass to go to the bathroom.” I whisper. She nods her head handing me a pass.

 “You might want to take your stuff with you. The bell is going to ring soon.” She says and I go back and get my bag throwing the packet in it. I quietly rush out of the room. I rush through the hall until I get to my locker. Once I empty out all my books except for my science book. I take a deep breath trying to calm my heart. My locker slams shut and I jump startled. I turn to see who came up behind me.

“What do you want?” I say frustrated. “Just leave me alone, I will never go out with an ass like you.” I say to his face. “Get that through your head. Nothing and I mean nothing will make me go out with you the way you just talked to me. You’re an ass.”

“Yo Drew, just leave the poor girl alone. She did nothing to you.” I hear someone say behind him. Drew turns around to look at the person and looks back at me with a glare.

“This isn’t over Barbie. I’ll come back for you.” He says rushing away from me.

“Don’t listen to him, he’s all talk.” Luke says. “Look, I know you’re new here. I know who you are. Heck the whole school knows who you are. But you’re not hated. Nobody thinks like that about you. You shouldn’t feel worthless, or unloved.”

             “Please just leave me alone. I’m begging you.” I croak. I lean against my locker sliding down.

            “Not until you tell me what happened in there.” He says following my move. “Look I know what Drew could be like, a bit of a perv, or just a straight ass. He didn’t have a right to say what he said. I don’t even know what he said but I know it wasn’t good knowing as you’re out here upset.

            “I don’t need to tell you anything. You don’t know me and I don’t know you.”

            “I get that you don’t want to tell anything to a stranger. I mean if I were you I’d be flipping out on me. I’m here to be your friend.”

            “And how am I supposed to know you’re telling me the truth? How do I know you don’t want to be my friend for who I am, or because of who I am known as?” I ask.

            “Look, just give me a chance. I’m not threatening you to go out with me.” He says talking about what was going on in the class. “And I most definitely won’t make your life a living hell. Even if you decide you don’t want to talk to me. I really do want to get to know you better.” He says with a small smile.

            “I don’t know if you’re supposed to be making me feel better, Luke, but I really don’t want to talk about this.”

            “You need a friend Brittany, and I’m offering you my friendship.” He says looking into my eyes. “Don’t believe that everyone is out to get you. Not everyone in the world are jerks like Drew.” He says.

            “Okay, Luke, but I should really get to class. Really don’t get yourself involved in something that’s not worth it. I’ll trust you to be my friend and all. But I really don’t want to talk about it.” I tell him.          

“No I should get involved, what Drew was doing in there isn’t right, I won’t allow a girl to get harassed like that.” He says giving me a smile. I smile back and start to walk away. “Look, you shouldn’t be afraid of people.”

            “I’m not afraid of people. I’m afraid of trusting them. I should really go. Bye Luke.” I say walking away from him, letting a tear fall down my cheek. I’m almost at the bathroom when he grabs my arm and turns me around. He sees the tear that fell down my face and looks at me with concern.

            “You’re crying. You shouldn’t be crying over Drew.” He says and I wipe at my eye wiping the tear away. “I won’t let him talk to you like that again.”

            “Don’t get yourself involved with something that has nothing to do with you.” I say my voice cracking.

            “I hate to see girls cry over boys like him. Of course, I’m going to get myself involved. It’s your first day here and you’re already crying. Not all boys are like that in this school. He’s the only asshole who would do that to a girl like you.”

            “I don’t care what people think of me. They could think of me as a bitch, or they could think of me as a sweet girl. It’s none of their business.” By this time, I’m in tears.

            “Are you crying because of what he said?” I shake my head and he takes a deep breath. “Do you want to talk about it? If you do, we could just skip 2nd period until you’re ready to go back to class.” He says.

            “I can’t skip on my first day.” I say and he laughs.

            “Please, you have science, Mr. Brown wouldn’t even notice. Just come out to the back with me and you could talk to me.” He says and I nod.

            “You won’t tell anyone?” I ask and he shakes his head.

            “It’s not my secret to tell.” He says with a smile on his face. We go to sit at the picnic benches in the back of the school. “If you’re not crying over Drew, than why are you crying?” He asks concern leaking through his voice.

 “Before I moved here I lived in New York. My father came here a few weeks before to check out some land to open a new hotel. When he was gone, my ex-boyfriend was being a possessive jerk. Since I was staying with his family while my father was working. I called up my father to tell him I didn’t want to stay there any longer. He flew me here the same day I called him. Just so, I could get away from him. He still doesn’t know I’m here.”

            “So what are you crying for if you got away from your boyfriend?”

            “Because of the fact that Brian, used to say he loved me. He never did. I wasted two years of my life thinking that we were happy together. Turns out, he was an attention whore. In public he would act all sweet and caring, but behind closed doors he would do anything to hurt me. And I didn’t know if it was love or not.” I say wiping my tears away.

            “So you just got sick of it and called your father?” He asks and I shake my head.

            “No actually. It’s just that…” I cut myself off shaking my head. “It doesn’t matter, I don’t want to talk about it.” I say looking away from him.

            “I’m not going to make you talk about it, but I’m here for you. And not for the reason you think I’m here, because I want to get to know you. I’m not going to let Drew talk to you like that again.” He says looking me in the eyes.

            “Why do you say that?” I ask getting up. I hold out my hand for him and he grabs it standing up.

            “Because he’s scared of me, if you didn’t notice when he ran away from me.” He says with a laugh. “Maybe, we should get to class.” He says walking with me into the building. “I’ll walk you.” He says and I smile my thanks.

            “Thanks for listening to my sob story. And I mean to cry on my first day, I don’t like people see me cry.”

            “It’s okay. I know what it’s like.” He says. We walk into class and everyone looks at us.

            He walks me to my science class and I walk in nervously.  “Hey, it’s Brittany Calasto.” I hear a girl say. “Aren’t you that famous girl from New York or something?”

            “Probably?” I say nervously.

            “Yeah, you know Joe Calasto founder of the five start hotel or something right?” She says looking at me. She bites on the bottom of pen and is dead as staring at me.

            “That I am.” I say with a small nod. I walk to the teacher and apologize for being late explaining that I had a rough first period.

            “Don’t let it happen again Brittany.” He says. I nod my head and walk to the back of the classroom while everyone stares at me.

            “If you’re so famous why do you need to be in school?” I hear a boy comment.

            “I’m not famous. My father is the famous one.”

            “Yeah, but you’re all over the magazines and stuff.” He says back and everyone starts asking me questions all at once until the teacher, or should I say Mr. Brown slams something down on his desk waiting for everyone to quiet down.

            When he noticed nobody heard him he yells at them. “Kids, quiet right now.” He screams. “I will not be disrespected while a lesson is going on. Give the girl a little breathing space please.” He says now calmer. “Now I understand she’s a new student and you’re not used to it, but don’t make her feel uncomfortable with your questions.” He says sitting down. “Now that I only have five minutes of the lesson left because you were ignoring me for the past twenty minutes, you may have the rest of period free.” He says closing his eyes and rubbing temples. “Brittany, I need to talk to you.” He says and I walk up to him. “I’m dismissing you early to find your next class. I know how confusing these hallways are and I don’t want you to be late like you were to mine.” He says writing me a pass. “And I’m sorry about my students I didn’t know they’d fire so many questions at once.” He says handing me the slip of paper. I walk out of the class and go to my locker to get my textbook for my next class.

~*~

A/N- Too see the shorts that she wore check out this link. 

http://web.stagram.com/p/375396757115928138_262203742

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 8.9K 41
{COMPLETED} Ariana Cooper was your regular 15 year old American girl. She had lived in LA her whole life. She was an only child and both of her paren...
723 0 54
Jerica Jo James loves to draw, it's something she's done since she's been a small child. Over the years she's only gotten better. Now at the age of 2...
150 5 11
Valerie Caterina Bianchi is a 16 years old girl, with an American and Italian background. But after all she is American. She have a plan to go to her...
119K 1.8K 18
My name is Nicolette Carson. I'm 26 years old and oh did I mention I'm a Victoria's Secret model. I've worn the million dollar lingerie set last and...