Together | SF9

By lovingseoul

She has decided to avoid them. But what if the boys, themselves, want the attention they are fond of? This ca... More

prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
51
Epilogue
Book 2

42

1.4K 79 13
By lovingseoul

Nari was lazily stirring the hot mushroom soup in front her while her eyes were glued to her hand. You can easily tell she's out of her mind.

"Nari, dear, do not play with the food." Her mother said and she silently nodded before uttering "Sorry."

"Is there something wrong?" Her mother asked but she just told her she's alright. While shoving food into her mouth, she didn't notice her parents exchanging glances.

After their meal, Nari's parents told her she can go straight to her bedroom and get some rest.

Mrs. Seo sighed as she placed down the plates on the sink. "What shall we do?" She asked.

Mr. Seo scratched the back of his head. He doesn't know either what to do for Nari. They only want the best for their daughter.

"We can't postpone her treatment."

"Even if leaving her friends behind would break her heart?" Mrs. Seo asked.

"We'll break her heart but wouldn't it be worse if we let her continue life without getting proper treatment? More hearts would break if something bad happens to pur daughter. That includes us."

"Why don't we ask what's on Nari's mind first before deciding for her?" Mrs. Seo asked which her husband immediately disagreed to.

"Mothers know best, right? Then you should know what is best to do for your daughter. You wouldn't want it to happen again, right? We can't lose another child of ours."

Flashback

Fifteen years ago, the Seo family were all outside the emergency room, except for their son.

It was him who they were watching.

It was him, who was  inside the emergency room.

Everyone inside the room was busy. It was loud inside. Probably it was the machine that tells us whether the patient is still fine or not.

"What shall we do?" The mother asked as she massaged her forehead. Her husband comforted her before looking back at their daughter who was sitting quietly behind them. "Nari has the same disease. What can we do now? At least for her. At least before it becomes too late."

"Don't talk like that. We still can save them. Both of them. Do not overthink."

"But seeing Seungri there, with his blood covering his whole body... How can I not think of things like that?"

Seungri was riding the motorbike of one of his friends. He learned how to ride it two weeks ago. Obviously, has not yet mastered it.

Unfortunately, he failed to stop the motorbike upon reaching the corner of the street. He bumped to a wall, causing severe wounds on his body, even on his head.

Having Von Willebrand disease, it is too dangerous too have those wounds.

Through the glass window, the parents noticed a change din the movements of the doctors and nurses inside the E.R.

"What's happening?" The mother asked.

People inside started slowing down. Seems like equipments were being shut down. Except for two.

One by one, they were leaving the room.

The man in white gown approached them and pulled down his facemask. "Mr. and Mrs. Seo, the bleeding won't stop. It's better to stay with him while he's still awake, before it's too late." The doctor said.

They were frozen in place. Only the young girl, Nari, was brave enough to come to her brother.

She held his hand tightly, before sitting beside him on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" Nari asked.

"I'm dizzy."

"Is everything turning around?" She asked and Seungri slightly nodded. "Everything will be fine soon, Seungri. I'll stay here beside you until that time comes." She told him.

Seungri knows Nari's still young but she seems more matured than him at times.

Just like that, without their parents coming inside the room, Seungri died with Nari holding his hand.

End of Flashback

A ruled notebook was open on top of her desk. She was holding a pen. But her mind was somewhere else - she's confused.

"Would it take too long?" She asked in her mind.

Would the treatment take a long time? Maybe it would just be short? How short? A week? Hopefully days?

She opened her drawer and looked at the empty photo frame. She was hoping to put a picture of her with her friends on it. But things seemed to happen and change in a very short time.

Seems like it was only yesterday when she met them. Seems like it was only earlier that day when she got close to them.

Now she had to leave them? Leave them when she doesn't know when she'll be able to comeback?

She picked up her phone and scanned through her contacts.

She passed by their names. She can't pick anybody. She can't decide whom she should call.

She closed her eyes tight and sighed. "Shall I call him?"

She checked the screen once more and closed them again before tapping on the name.

Calling ...

"Hello?"

Nari was even surprised upon hearing his voice.

She was speechless.

"How do I start?" She asked herself.

"Hello? Nari?" He repeated.

"A-ah. Yeah. Yeah. Hello?" She spoke.

She heard him sigh before talking again. "You got me worried. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Liar." He called him.

"Really, nothing." Nari repeated.

"You wouldn't call for nothing. I know you." He said.

But Nari was doubting. Did she call the right person? Would he be able to help her?

"Where are you? Can we meet now?"

"Huh?"

Suddenly, a loud music started to play on the other line and Nari could clearly hear it. Almost impossible for her to hear the person she was talking to.

"Can we meet?" She asked again.

"Sorry. I can't. Why? Can you tell me what it is over the phone?"

"I can't. I really need to talk to somebody right now." Nari said. She can't tell right away that she can't decide at first who she should call and have just decided to call him out of all the boys. In the end, she still told him about choosing him over the others.

Unfortunately, it was helpless. "Sorry, I really cannot. We're with Sunhee. She came back after her graduation."

Nari fell silent, which he noticed. He felt sorry for real so instead of giving her his time, he just invited her over. "Do you wanna come here? Let's have some fun with everyone. We'll introduce you to Sunhee, too."

"No, thanks." She said calmly.

Both lines were quiet - except for the loud music.

"Ah, Nari. I have to go. The boys are calling me. Talk to you tomorrow?" Nari didn't respond but he still ended the call with saying anything else.

Nari felt like crying but it wasn't his fault. It was so sudden that she wanted so badly to talk to them. But why not tell it to Deokhye first, right?

Without thinking anymore who was that Sunhee, she just called Deokhye and asked to meet her. Unfortunately she can't leave home, too. She just promised to stay over Nari's place the next day of even for the following days after knowing the boys are with Sunhee.

*****

Hi my fellow readers and writers! I am back with a new chapter ❤️ I'm really sorry for making you wait. I wanted so badly to post new chapters but I can't post one easily because I want to plan it wisely and nicely (wow~)

How's this new chapter? Is it confusing? I purposely did not mention who was the guy she called. Hehe! But do you want to guess who it was? :)

Thank you for still reading this book 😘

- lovingseoul ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 741 23
What happens when a Youngbin (a young, rich CEO) experiences an unexpected meeting with an mysterious boy on the streets? Chani was abandoned from a...
27.3K 1.4K 28
Taeyang's accepted his first acting role as a lead . . . for a BL kdrama. He's not gay, and what makes it worse, is the other lead is none other than...
5.3K 254 12
Youngbin loves Dawon to death but is this love unrequited ? ~
13.4K 817 36
He's been her friend since childhood. He followed her everywhere and did everything for her like she was the queen of his world. One day she left hi...