Villains Rise

By AlwaysSunny

If you thought a hero's story is finished with a happily ever after... You were wrong. Della Abram is faced w... More

ANNOUNCEMENT
Cast
Chapter 2 -- Am I a dog or a monkey?
Chapter 3 -- Great. This again.
Chapter 4 -- I slept through it
Chapter 5 -- Not as ignorant as I thought
Chapter 6 -- Stay back 100 ft.
Chapter 7 -- I'll cut off your hand
Chapter 8 -- I'm sorry porkers
Chapter 9 -- An experiment gone wrong
Chapter 10 -- Hey Rapunzel
Chapter 11 -- Don't test me
Chapter 12 -- Willing to compromise
Chapter 13 -- Bad puns
Chapter 14 -- The cherry on top
Chapter 15 -- They don't suit you
Chapter 16 -- What's wrong with vanilla?
Chapter 17 -- Well played, Ace
Chapter 18 -- I'm honestly so jealous
Chapter 19 -- I could just freeze that too
Chapter 20 -- Of course she's a villain
Chapter 21 -- I'm tired of alleys
Chapter 22 -- A good day for brain damage
Chapter 23 -- If I collapse on his welcome mat
Chapter 24 -- Don't you dare sneeze
Chapter 25 -- I've seen crazier
Chapter 26 -- To The Undergrounds, clumpnugget
Chapter 27 -- Hm. That's new.
Chapter 28 -- This is where I die
Chapter 29 -- I hope to get mugged
Chapter 30 -- If we threaten him enough
Chapter 31 -- Mercy, remember?
Chapter 32 -- A little backup would be nice
Chapter 33 -- Roasting like a marshmellow
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter 1 -- Don't go drooling now
Bonus Chapter 2 - A new sidekick

Chapter 1 -- Obviously not for breakfast

2.5K 157 161
By AlwaysSunny

I wake up to what smells like a boys' locker room on game night. It's an overwhelming stench, one that makes my eyes water. My eyes barely adjust to the dim lighting. As I sit up, I feel tension in my back. Am I sleeping on a floor? Where am I?

Loud cheers erupt from the far side of the room. Something about the other guys paying up catches my attention. Several mumbles ring out as I quickly piece together there are only a few men in this area. Maybe it isn't just a room, considering there has to be at least 10 manly voices speaking over each other. If they're in one room, and I can't see them but I can hear them, where does that put me?

A glowing green light is emitted from my wrists. Whoa, that's new. I try to pull my hands away from each other when I realize the green light is binding them together. I let out a yelp in pain as the green metal burns me. The voices become quiet.

"She's awake." One of them murmurs, and suddenly all of their feet start to move. Oh crap, what do I do? Play dead? How do I turn off the glowing light?

Faces appear in front of me in mere seconds as I've begun to pace the floor. They shine flashlights in my eyes, temporarily blinding me, but at least I can see their faces. I let out a gasp because when you're trapped, you're not exactly thrilled to find villains on the other side of the cell.

Cell. The bars make it evident now that I'm locked away in a jail cell. This isn't the state's prison, though, I can tell you that much.

"Guys, look at her. She's like a deer in headlights." One of the masked villains speaks up. I wish they would turn on some more lights so I could see their faces better.

"Aww, she's speechless!" Another one says. Oh, think, Della, think! Say something!

"Let's quit poking fun at her. Owen will take care of that on his own."

My mouth finally opens to speak up for myself, "Who's Owen?" He's probably the guy who brought me here.

The crew of supers walks away from the bars, leaving me confused and dazed. It crosses my mind that I could beat on the bars and demand answers. However my wrists still sting from the shock.

What are these things, anyways? Handcuffs? What kind of handcuffs glow and tase their victim? Maybe if I slam them against the metal bars I can break them off my wrists. But I don't know how that would help me get out.

Footsteps begin to creak down a set of stairs. Panic rises through my entire body. This is madness. How did I even end up here? I was almost asleep last I remember. How was my window opened from the outside?

"Hey! Look who decided to wake up! Good morning, sunshine!" The guys call out, I assume addressing the person walking down the steps.

"Did Rapid Glare ever wake up?" A new voice asks. I guess it would make sense that it's the guy who just came down the stairs. The voice is not as deep as the others.

"Yeah. She probably wants some breakfast." I hear the slap of a ping pong ball.

A sigh comes from my captor, "Don't we all." Footsteps make their way closer to my cell and my heart pounds out of my chest.

His hand suddenly grips onto one of the bars. I'm startled to the point I almost fall on my back. I still can't see his face, which makes me curious how the other guys are able to identify each other.

"Good morning, Rapid Glare. How did you sleep?" He asks casually.

Somehow I've found the courage to become a bit saltier with this guy than the others. "Just dandy, Mr. Sunshine."

He scoffs, "Yeah, I figured you'd be kind of agitated. I should've given you a pillow or something."

"That's not exactly my reason for being agitated." I snap clinching my hands into fists.

"Right. You're wanting to know why I brought you here."

"No," I roll my eyes even though he can't see me, "You don't say."

He sighs, "It's complicated, but I think you can at least assume where you are."

I pretend to search my surroundings when I've already put the puzzle pieces in place. The ping pong ball gave it away.

"The Undergrounds?" I ask in a bored tone.

His fingers tap against the metal, "Bingo. And do you know why you're here?"

"Obviously not for breakfast." I mumble.

"Remember these?" A folder is presented in front of my face. Where did that come from?

"Hm. Beige, rectangular shape, a tab and everything. Wow, yup, I'd say that looks familiar." My tone is overflowing with sarcasm. I'm in a room full of villains, though, so I may have a death wish if I continue to talk this way.

Owen startles me by slapping the folder harshly against the bars. "It's Red Raven's file! You stole it!" He outbursts.

I stutter for a few seconds before he erupts again, "You found out a lot of information about him, and we can't allow you to think you can get away with that."

"Who are you?" I ask, shrinking back inside my tiny cell.

I sense a smirk has crossed his lips, but I can't be sure.

"Like I said before, it's complicated."

"Well obviously you're a villain. Can I atleast have your name?" I persist.

He walks away and suddenly lights illuminate the room. Once again my heart is pounding out of my chest. Who is this freak?

"The name's Owen, but I'm known around town as Trident." I still can't see his face. Who the heck is Trident?

"I've never heard of you." I speak out to the villain I hope is still around somewhere. Two can play at the disappearing act.

"That's because I'm smarter than the other villains and I didn't have to serve jail time." He seems to be joking.

"I still haven't heard of you in the news or on the streets. Are you a new villain?" I'm not as annoyed now as I am curious.

"No. I've always been here," He shakes his head, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find some breakfast. Play nice and I'll give you a banana or something."

Play nice? A banana? What am I, a monkey?

"Wait!" I call out before he exits the hallway we're on. "Let me see your face." Maybe I'll at least recognize the villain underneath the mask. Surely if everyone down here was calling him by his actual name he's not suited up.

"Not sure you want me to do that." His voice comes closer despite his words.

"Yes, yes I do." I confirm, placing my binded hands on the bars.

Owen takes the last few steps to my cell and his hazel eyes meet mine. I'm stunned to the point I push myself away from the bars, gasping.

"You're-" I start.

"It's not what you think." He rushes to interrupt.

I pace back and forth and end up sitting on the floor. There was no where else to sit. Not what you think?

I let the reality set in before I speak. His eyes are almost pleading with me, but I'm not sure what for. I take a shaky breath, looking up at him with a straight face.

"How did you get out of prison this time, Thomas?"

A/N
Here it is! First chapter! I hope you're all as excited as I am!

I made a trailer for WLS so if you haven't already seen it, I would love for feedback! It's in the chapter that says Trailer on WLS.

Also, as I have said in the first book, I would really like for there to be no cursing in the comments. I don't write profanity in my stories, and I hope you guys respect that. Thank you!

You guys are all amazing and I absolutely love it when you guys comment your love for a character or your crazy theories! Not that anyone's theories are crazy at this point because we all know I'm one of those authors that just keeps throwing plot twists at you. Duck!

If you thought you knew everything in the last book, throw all ideas out the window. *evil laugh*

Thanks for reading!
Always, Sunny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 22.4K 81
Being a teenager is hard enough. Try balancing friends, school, and crushes all while saving the world on the side. Dante Caslon is just your averag...
871 100 21
(Complete! Someone help me publish it?)What happens when a Hero and a Villain put aside their differences to work together towards a common goal of s...
63.7K 22.3K 65
Everyone has at least one secret, right? But what happens when the most dangerous ones are revealed? The life of the girl behind the mask will be tu...
6.4K 934 41
Esperanza Ortega knows her father was murdered and who's to blame. Now she'll stop at nothing to make them pay. The Hemlock family has everything: lo...