Where The Time Has Gone || UN...

By arandomhello

Julia thought senior year was gonna be the best year in her life. After ending a two year relationship and de... More

|Copyright Notice|
|Timeline|
• Autumn •
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
• Winter •
|11|
|12|
|13|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
• Spring •
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|

|14|

1K 29 1
By arandomhello

14. The things we do for the people we love?

Dad's investigation was very, very different than what I thought it to be like. It wasn't good either, in fact it reminded me of my mother. Asking all these questions trying to convince me that I actually did something I didn't do.

I guess Blake is all right in his eyes, but when it come to Theo. He lets out his overprotective father that was kept deep inside him.

I let my eyes open so I would be staring at the face of my father. I shot up and scooted back quickly. Smacking my head against the wall with a loud bang.

"Ow." I mumble. Reopening my eyes to see my dad with a wide smile cracked across his face.

"Happy birthday Jules!" He said with excitement. Koda barked along with him.

I held the back of my head and looked down to see him holding a regular vanilla cake with way too much frosting on top. Which means he made it.

"Thanks." I grin. I blew out the singular candle and he cheered like he was a toddler.

I twisted over and grabbed my phone to check the time. The adrenaline raced through me at this point.

"Oh my god. Blake is probably waiting for me!" I say, rolling off my bed so fast the world became busy.

"Have a great day at school!" Dad called after me.

I stopped at my doorway and looked back at him. "Aren't you suppose to be at work?"

His grin grew twice as large. "Actually I'm heading up to Idaho for a business trip."

"Oh." I could tell by his face, he hears the sadness in my voice.

"Don't worry Julia. It's just until the end if next week." He grins. "Just no parties, boys, or burning the house down. K?"

"Good parenting skills." I compliment him.

"I try." He chuckles slight. "I suggest you get going."

"Right. Thanks dad!" I call.

I grabbed the ponytail off my wrist and pull my hair back. Gripping my bag and running out the door. completely running into Blake. Hard.

"Woah." he grins. Steadying me before I fell to the hard cement.

"Sorry," I grinned. Holding my head.

"You're going to school like that?" He asks. I know he didn't mean to be rude, but it was defiantly rude.

I looked down. My plaid oversized pajama pants and a white stained tee-shirt.

Glancing back up at him I smiled. "Yup."

"Well I'm not gonna let you freeze." He smiles, lifting up his gray football hoodie.

He handed it to me and I mumbled a quick thanks before pulling it over me. I'll give him this, it was extremely warm.

"Now you completed the looking-like-you-just-woke-up type of look." He smiles.

"I'm pretty sure the saying is I just woke up like this." I joke.

smiling he reached back for his pants pocket. Pulling out some black box with a red ribbon tying it closed.

"Happy birthday Julia." He smiles, while handing me the box.

"Blake." I say before he stopped me.

"Open it up." He smiles.

I untied the ribbon and handed it to him. Opening the box to see what was inside made my eyes widen and heart quicken.

"It's so beautiful." I smile down at the silver necklace inside. A little charm of a paint brush hanging onto it. "I love it."

"I knew you would." He grins. So proud of himself by the looks of it.

"How did you know it was my birthday anyways?" I ask as he helped me out on the necklace.

"We been at the same school almost out entire life. Of course I knew it was your birthday." I could hear the smile in his voice. "Besides I'm never ever gonna forget that one day when Rebecca decided to bring cupcakes for you."

"Oh lord. Don't remind me," I turn around once he was done clipping it.

"Come on Julia. Her tripping in the middle of the birthday song and all the cupcakes landing on you was probably the best thing sixth grade year."

"I was so embarrassed," I say. Rethinking that one day. "Also that dress was my favorite."

"You we're upset about it for weeks." He grins.

"Worst birthday ever." I joke.

"Totally." He chuckles.

I turned to him and smiled, but he didn't notice. He was too busy laughing at one of the most embarrassing parts of my life.

I took my seat for first period, expecting it to go all fine and dandy until the redhead girl who's missing some devil horns walked in. And approached where I was sitting.

"Julia!" She said in a fake excited voice. I spotted Blake keeping a steady view on both of us.

"Good morning Tara," I force out of my teeth.

"I heard you were going to the dance with Theo. I knew you guys would hit it." She smiled. I threw up to tiny bit in my mouth. "So I thought since your fashionista friend is across the globe." More like moral support. I would be holding her back to make sure she doesn't say some smart remark. Don't wanna hurt america top model confidence, would we? "Come shop with me. AFter school." She clarifies.

My jaw practically fell to the floor. In all nervousness I glanced over at Blake. Totally catching him staring and smiling. Gross.

"What do you say? I mean obviously yes right? Your fashion kind of sucks." Thanks Tara. Way to drop my fashionista self-esteem and introduce my sarcastic mind of mine.

"I don't really have the money-" I say before being rudely cut off by one of her minions in a short pink shorts and a way to big top.

"Don't worry. Tara will pay for everything!" She smiled. I could tell this one was Mercedes. By the high top converses, she never wears heels. Unlike the rest of them.

"I am?" Tara said before getting jabbed in the ribs by the other minion. "Right. Of course. What are friends for?"

Friends? So apparently I'm friends with this devil. God help me now. Better grab some holy water before leaving.

"Friends?" I say suspiciously.

"Since you're friends with Blake." Her two minions swooned at his name. Second time I barfed in my mouth today. Let's go for three. She sent a few glares at her friends before continuing. "You're friends with me."

I feel like I'm in a stereotypical high school movie.

"Tootles." She said as a goodbye. One of the most fake goodbyes, but what else am I supposed to expect. These girls uses terminology unknown to my kind.

Was that too stereotypical?

Yeah. It was.

"I think that's great that she invited you with them." Blake almost sounds like he's congratulating me.

"I still think it's a bad idea." Theo adds.

"Thank you." I grin before looking back over at Blake who was rolling his eyes. "I mean we and Tara never talked." Besides that one time she threw food on me and at the football game.

"She's just being friendly." Blake defends her. "You know something you guys should try sometime."

"Ouch." Theo glares.

"Right because I haven't been anything, but nice to her since school started." I snap. Did I mean too? No. It's just Blake was really getting on my nerves.

"I didn't mean it like that Julia," He frowned. Somewhat not frustrated anymore.

Crossing my arms I waited for Theo to say something.

Thank god he did.

"Maybe we should go with them." It wasn't a bad suggestion.

"I agree with Theo." I grin.

"Thank you." He smiles before losing it. "Wait what. I didn't actually mean it."

Blake sent me a few glares until speaking. "She's just trying to be nice Julia."

What would Rebecca do in this situation, I thought. Slap him? Explain to him that Tara the recantation of the devil? Reason with him?

"Blake I don't trust her. even though you guys are dating." I explain. "If you are my friend you'd respect that."

He crossed his arms now. Thinking hard. "Maybe you should just give her a chance. You know, actually get to know her."

I do know her. So does Theo.

Sighing I take my defeat. Being angry is just so exhausting and I'm gonna need all the energy I can get to survive this shopping trip.

"Fine I'll give her a chance."

Blake smiled. I could feel the glares piercing the side of my head from Theo. I turned to look at him as he shook his head in disappointment.

"Thank you." Blake says, pressing his hands onto my shoulders.

I would've said I was only doing this for you. That wasn't true. I did this to be the better person. Something like that.

Tara broke free from the front entrance door with her two minions close behind her.

"Ready?" She asked me.

"Nope." I smile. She busted out in a laugh and Theo and I both just looked at each other.

Only to see Theo mouthing the words sorry at me.

"Right let's go before all the decent dresses are gone!" She yelled. Hugging Blake a quick goodbye before taking my hand and dragging me along with her.

Rebecca why can't you just ship my dress?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 104 32
Julia's world is turned upside down after a horrible accident that forces her to move halfway across the country to live with her uncle. She is deter...
10.8K 7.1K 41
•[COMPLETED]• This is about an highschool model named Angel who is tired and bored of the same old boring life. Each day,she wishes to quit but she d...
5.2M 153K 32
Peyton Hills has it all. She has a perfect life, surrounded by loving and supportive parents who shockingly aren't divorced. She is surrounded by po...
1.7K 41 34
A story about two people who would make you smile, laugh, question (mostly them) and burst into giggles. Come join them along this weirdly funny and...