I've reincarnated into the ev...

By MewsTwo

Bernald Tanzanite suddenly remembered he was in an otome game. He was the secret hidden evil character, who p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 4

6.6K 287 76
By MewsTwo

I've reincarnated into the evil character, but somehow I've healed them?

Chapter 4

==================================

"I want to see Richard and Diago-sama."

The day started out with that sentence. A wish by my greedy master, who likes bloomers and hot pants. She was still in bed, with her jammies on.

"And what will you do when you see them?"

With a hungry aura, she evilly put her hands together. "Of course I will start writing a doujinshi! ...Ouch?!" I firmly pinched her cheek.

"Brittania-sama, it is not becoming of a lady to fuss over these types of genres. I'm starting to worry that you'll become a fujoshi."

Suddenly she stood up, and pointed at me. "This is an order from your master! You will help me gather material! I've already got the plot in my head, all I need to do is observe their interactions!" I stared at her blankly. When she's like this, it's kind of hard to refuse. Plus, her face had drool stains.

"Couldn't you make them OOC for your first doujinshi?"

"No! I cannot accept writing unauthentic doujinshi!"

"Although already the relationship is unauthentic...."

"S-Silence! So are you helping me or not?"

"....Okay, Brittania-sama. Just so you know, I will not bail you out when you're caught ogling." Her finger wobbled down. "O-oh....Well, that's fine anyways!"

"Please get down from the bed...."

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Sphene family was a very cold place. Brittania-sama's father is a Duke, and a very distant man towards his daughter. The original Bernald rarely saw him, and rarely had Brittania-sama. It was a sad situation, but neither could do much about their schedules.

This led to the maids pampering Brittania-sama, cultivating her rival character. Luckily though, I was there to change her. After I regained my memories, I immediately went to stop the birth of a rival character.

Lectures and books changed her views. Instead of demanding for unreasonable things, it was better to ask for something that was not too difficult to retrieve. A person should not look down on others, but instead help them. Violence and psychological pain should never be used. Though that should be a given.

The previous Bernald had left her to grow, and used her status to further his plan. But this time, I had managed to change this cold house into a warm one. Now, Brittania-sama and Sphene-sama are a hopeless father-and-daughter pair!

I schemed up a way to let them communicate with each other first. Since talking face-to-face rarely happened, then writing letters is another way! But instead of something that's so one-sided, I set up an exchange diary. The person attending Sphene-sama was Madison, a loyal fifty-five year old maid. She would hand me the diary at night, and then I would give it to Brittania-sama in the morning.

This brought the two closer, even when they were far apart. At available meetings, they would lose all composure and hug and kiss each other on the cheek. Sphene-sama would say, "you've grown prettier!" And Brittania-sama would reply, "you still look young as ever, and still not yet balding!"

There would be large amounts of laughing afterwards. It was nice to see them happily together, even without the presence of an important family member. Brittania-sama's mother had passed away soon after she was born due to weakness. The whole house was devastated, and slowly sunk into loss.

I was picked up only a few days after, but to this day I'm not sure what Sphene-sama saw in me. I was a cold-hearted child, who hurt others for money. How would I have the capacity to care for a baby? Either way, I still took care of Brittania-sama while Sphene-sama was busy.

It was heartwarming to see how she grew up, and after I regained my memories, I dutifully sent progress reports to Sphene-sama. I had an album full of Brittania-sama, as well as Sphene-sama and myself. Digging from the back of my mind, I'm sure I had pictures of Richard-sama when he was small, too. Often he came over to play with Brittania-sama.

Ahhh... Those were good days.

==================================

"....the first place in mind, is of course-!! Quiet, Bernald!!!"

"Wha-?! Ow, don't stop so suddenly... And I was silent the whole time...!"

We peeked from the corner, looking over at the school garden. It was after school, when all the other students began to leave. Brittania-sama had changed at lightning speed, and quickly dragged me over to here.

At the garden bench, sat Richard and Diago-sama. I couldn't see very clearly, but they were very still. As I was making observations, Brittania-sama began to excitedly draw.

"Hah....hah... This is sooo good... Hurrrgggh!!!"

"......Nothing's even happening..."

I-I'm not sure if I should stop her. I'm a bit... scared? I took a look at her drawings, and was taken aback. Was she self taught? It was so well drawn, I would proudly put it on my wall, if it wasn't BL.

I glanced back at the two, wondering what was going on between them.

-------------------------------------------------------------

*- Twenty Minutes Ago -*

Just around the corner, was the school garden. There, were two friends enjoying a well deserved break from student council activities. A tea set was before them, with various small bite sized cakes. Diago ate only the chocolate ones, while Richard only had the vanilla.

While they were snacking, Diago brought up a question. "Hey... Do we have anything other than eating to do? Something like chess, or checkers."

Richard had refused to play soccer, kick ball, and even simple ball catching. He wasn't up for mental games, either.

"Well....I have something, that Bernald-san gave to me." From his breast pocket, he pulled out a deck of cards. Certain brands of cards were banned, under the suspicion of gambling. The deck Bernald had given him was made entirely by hand, with cats as the theme.

"Woah... That's really cute. They're all different breeds. He made this?"

"Yes. Along with this, he told me if I ever got bored, I could try stacking them."

Richard carefully leaned two cards against each other. Immediately after, the wind toppled them over. He leaned them again, but then Diago wobbled the bench. Richard let out a controlled breath, clearly trying to hold in his irritation.

"....I'm going to make a four tier pyramid."

"Eh?! But you can't even set up one of them!"

"...Hmph. Just hold the box for me."

From there, they sat deathly still for twenty straight minutes. Diago watched silently in fascination, while Richard's stress levels increased. Around then, Brittania and her Butler spotted them. Instantly inspired, Brittania vigorously got to work, emitting an aura even her Butler was scared of.

This aura, of course gave Richard chills to make his whole body shiver in fear. Before the last cards topped the pyramid, the entirety of it fell apart! Diago let out a dissapointed "no~" while Richard held his head in his hands and mentally screamed.

In the distance, Bernald assessed the situation from afar and promptly smacked his master on the head.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh! Good afternoon, Richard-sama, Diago-sama. What do you have there?"

"Oh hello, Bernald-san, Brittania-kun.... It's just the cards you gave me last week."

I forcefully dragged Brittania-sama over, for disciplinary actions. She stood there uncomfortably, fiddling with her fingers. Diago-sama offered her a seat beside him, which she took.

From where I stood, I could easily tell Richard-sama was a lost man who had given everything up. On the other hand, Diago-sama seemed a bit nervous. Was he not used to being next to women? But back to the point, Richard was completely drained. Brittania-sama's punishment for reducing him to such a state?

"Brittania-kun, do you want to try stacking these cards?"

"......Eh?"

"It's really fun. You should try and make a four tier pyramid."

"O-Okay."

I silently excused myself. Ha ha! Stacking those cards to the fourth tier took me thirty minutes! I gave away those cards just because I hated spending that much time stacking them. Giving my cards to Richard-sama really relieved a bit of my own stress.

After I left Brittania-sama to her doom, I was expecting to drop by the vendor. Before I even took a step into the building, I was forcefully grabbed from behind. My mouth was covered, and strong arms held my own behind my back.

"Heh. You're coming with me, for a bit okay?"

==================================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 2.3K 24
"so i am gonna die like this" "please if there is any god up there please give my brother another chance where he could live happily" "poor child...
961K 56.7K 59
Published on 4/5/20 In Neo's past life, he was a wicked person who sought to kill his little brother, the rightful heir of a Ducal House. His conspir...
258K 11.9K 82
Astren City, and all surrounding area, have the highest crime rate in the northern part of the country. Dozens of crime families constantly trying to...
284K 35 1
Update: Will be published on Webnovel from now on.. ๛ In a world of books, one Tristan Kolwardt found comfort in, in his undesirable state leaving...