Set You Free (Bryson Tiller B...

By underratedvibez

Laylah is a high school teacher. She is very independent and she is 27 years old. She has been through a lot... More

Warning
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
Ight
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
Authors Note
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•
Thank You
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 40 (pt2) •
Sequel
covers

•Chapter 37•

2.9K 94 80
By underratedvibez

Throwback😂

Shout out to kirahbearr for voting and commenting. Thank you😊

(I updated cause I was bored so here you go)

Exscuse any mistakes

Bryson Pov

When I woke up Laylah was already gone so I just stayed in the bed till around 12: 00. I was so busy yesterday. I had to fire one of my crew members because they were being disrespectful and I didn't even have time to go see Laylah on her lunch break. I got home around 11 something. I wanted to stay up with Lay and watch movies but she was already sleep.

As I was walking toward the bathroom I heard my phone ding meaning I had a text message. I groaned and walked back over to the night stand and grabbed my phone. I rolled eyes at who texted me.

Hi its Dana. I really need to talk to you. Can you meet me at Corey's coffee shop. Its really important
-Dana

Instead of replying I just walked back to the bathroom. If Laylah knew Dana was in town she would absolutely kill her. Dana must think I'm dumb. There is no way I'm meeting up with her especially after what happened. I'm not scared but I'm not stupid either.

After I brushed my teeth I walked downstairs to get a cup of orange juice. Then I sat on the sofa and turned on the TV and watched The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

A few minutes later I went back upstairs to take a shower. After I got out I sat on my bed and grabbed my phone.

Pleeeasee! I need to talk to you😭
-Dana

I blocked her and started to change into my clothes. When I was done I grabbed my phone and my car keys. Then I locked the doors and drove towards my grandma house.

Today I had to help my grandma with some things then I have to go grocery shopping. I wasn't gonna be that busy. I'm trynin to spend as much time with my family before I go on tour. Harley hates it when I go on tour too.

When I got to my grandma house I saw a car in the drive way. I frowned and prayed that it wasn't my little cousin Isaish. He is really aggrivating. And everytime we meet he asks me for money.

I started to walk on the porch and before I could even knock on the door I saw my aunt Keisha.

"Ahh!" She yelled and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Hey aunt Keisha" I laughed and hugged her back.

"Ian seen you since my birthday" she pulled me in the house and sat beside my grandma. I sat on the sofa infront of them.

"I know. Hey granny."

"Hey baby" she smiled and continued to watch tv. "When did you get here?" I fixed my hat and licked my lips

"About 2 hours ago. I was gonna stop by your house later on today"

"You came by yourself?"

"Yeah. Your cousin Isaiah had to work so he couldn't come"

"Thats too bad" I lied.

"So what you been up to?"

"Nothing. Just planning my tour and chilling with Harley and my girl" I shrugged

"Oh I heard you got a girlfriend now. Whats her name Laruen?"

"No its Laylah"

"She must be white just like yo baby mama?"

"Laylah is not white and Brittney isn't either"

"Well they light as hell. You don't like black women? I know a woman that works at my church. She real pretty and independent. She got a real nice shape and she half Jamaican"

"I'm sure she is but I'm good with who I'm with"

"She probably just want you for the money just like that Brittney bitch"

"Keisha shut cho ass up. You a gold digger yourself" my grandma chimed in. It was true tho. I love my aunt she just has a slick mouth. She is bougie too.

"Laylah isnt like that. She has a good paying job and she is real independent."

"What does she do?"

"She is a high school teacher"

"Psht that ain't no good paying job. When can I meet her"

"Never" I mumbled

"Huh?"

"Soon. She is going through some family issues so she isn't really in the right mindset. But I'll definately tell her about you"

"Mmhm. So how my niece doing?"

"Harley is good. Her birthday coming up"

"Oh so what yall gone do?"

"We going to monkey Joes then out to eat"

"Am I invited?"

"Or course" I nodded my head. "So grandma what did you need help with?" She had been quiet the whole time. I swear when she starts watching criminal minds and eats her salt and vineger skins she doesn't move.

"Oh I need you to help me rearrange my furniture. Me and the girls are having line dancing class over here instead of at Paulina house"

"Why?"

"Cause she getting her house remodeled"

"Ion know why. She old as shit" I mumbled to myself.

"Whatch yo mouth" she stared at me hard.

"My fault" I said quickly. "Eric been over here lately?"

"Yeah he came over yesterday with hickeys all over his skinny ass neck" I laughed and shook my head. Him and Kayla nasty. One night they came over my house while me and Laylah was sleep and spent the night because they was too drunk to go home. So I let them spend the night. When I woke up the next morning they was having sex on my couch so I told they ass to leave.

"That boy stay with hoes. I don't know why tho cause he ugly as hell" my aunt laughed.

"Girl you ugly too" my grandma laughed "Anyway what you gotta do today?"

"Nothing. After I leave im going grocery shopping then imma go home and chill" I shrugged

"Ok" I pulled out my phone and started Laylah since she was on her lunch break.

What you doing after you leave work?
-me

Come back to your house and go to sleep
-Laylay💕

You tired?
-me

Yes.
-Laylay💕

I'll give you a massage when you get home
-me

Thank you. I'll talk you later
-Laylay💕

Ok
-me

Ok
-Laylay💕

That text made me smile. I don't know what Laylah is doing to me but I like it. We haven't even been dating for a year yet and I already love her. I didn't say that to Brittney until maybe a year later. Laylah is just different. I wouldnt say I'm in love but I do love her.

"Who you over there texting? Smiling and shit" my aunt asked. She already knew the answer because she was frowning up. I forgot to mention that my aunt is really racist thats why she never like Brittney because she isn't fully black.

"Laylah" I answered

"Mh" was all she said. My grandma gave her the side eye and shook her head.

"Where my grandbaby at boy?" My grandma asked. They always asking bout her.

"She is with her mom. Imma get her this weekend"

"That girl got you paying child support?"

"No because I take care of Harley."

"Shid I would" my aunt mumbled

"Thats cause you a- never mind."

I sat there for a few more hours and talked to them and then I rearranged her furniture. After I was done I said my goodbyes and went straight to the grocery store.

Laylah Pov

"Have a good day class" I smiled as everybody started to get up as the bell rung.

A few of the students said you too but of course Shawn had to say something inappropriate.

"You too baby call me when you get home" he said causing some of his friends laughed. Everybody knew Shawn had a crush on me but I paid it no mind.

"Shawn get the hell out my class" I laughed. He looked at me wide eyes and held his hand over his chest. The remaining of students laughed.

"Dang its like that bae?" I nodded my head and crossed my arms over my chest. "Ight I got chu" he bit his lip and walked out while his friends followed.

"Ms. Waters?" I looked up and Dantasia stood in front of my desk. Ever since Dantasia came to school with those scars on her face I have been worried about her. When I found out that Danial had been doing that to her I felt angry. I know I cant help everybody but I'm trying. Every now and then Dantasia would stay after school with me while I did some extra work.

"Yes?" She pulled out a chair and sat beside me.

"I told my mom" she said.

"What did she say?"

"She said that I have to stop talking to him and that she is gonna try to change my schedule so we wont see each other at school as much"

"Thats good. When was the last time you talked to him?"

"A few weeks ago. But he keeps calling me. And my dad said that if he sees him he will beat him up" she looked down and played with her fingers.

"I don't blame him. I haven't seen him in about a week. He probably switched schools"

"No he is in jail but his mom is bailing him out"

"What did that boy do now? This is like the 3rd time"

"He stole alot of stuff" I shook my head and sighed. Thats a shame. Daniel is a very smart boy. This is his last year if high school and now he decides to mess that up.

"That boy"

"I wanted to tell you because I thought you would want to know"

"Thanks for telling me. Don't worry he wont mess with you know more. Im here. I'll talk to the principal tomorrow for you and see if you can change your schedule"

"Thanks Ms. Waters. You are my favorite teacher" she gave me a tight hug and smiled

"Call me Lay" I laughed

"I'm good with Ms. Waters" she giggled and stood up from her seat. "I gotta get home. I know my dad is outside waiting for me" she gave me one more hug.

"Alright have a good day." I called out as she walked to the door.

"You too" she grabbed her bookbag and walked out the class. I sighed and laid my head on my desk. Im so tired. I just wanna go home and lay down. I pulled out my phone and went through my texts.

You off work yet?
-KC😎💅

Yeah I'm bout to leave now wassup?
-me

You wanna come with me to the mall. I need some company😊
-KC😎💅

Sorry maybe another time. Im really tired. But I'll call you when I get home.
-me

Ight I'll just ask Swan. Ttyl
-KC😎💅

K
-me

I put my phone in my purse and started to gather my things. When I was done I locked the door and walked down the hallway. After I signed out I got into my car and drove towards Bryson house.

I'm kinda starting to miss my home. I know Bryson wants me to stay here with him so I can be safe but honestly I miss my own space. I don't mind being with him its just that I miss having my own place. He promised after he finds out where my uncle and Frank is he'll let me go back home but I think be is stalling so I can stay with him longer.

And I know I need to tell him about me seeing my mom yesterday. I know him and his friends can find out some more information. I thought she was suppose to be living in California but I guess she lied. I'm tired of living my life in fear. Everywhere I go I have to watch my back because my crazy uncle and mom are coming for me. Thats a damn shame. And dad didn't help either. He is sleeping with the enemy. He knew what my mom did to me and now he is over here having sex with her. He said he hated her for not believing me but I guess he lied too.

When I pulled up in front of his house I saw a black hummer in the parking spot. I frowned and turned my car off. I grabbed all my stuff and locked the doors. As I made way up to the door I heard yelling causing me to panic. I grabbed my key from my pocket and unlocked the door.

In front of me was Bryson and Dana. When I saw Dana I just blacked out. All I saw was red. I dropped all my things and ran towards her. She must be stupid if she thinks I'm gonna let her rape my man and get away with it.

She started screaming as I started pulling her hair and slammed her on the floor. I started going ham on her. I been wanting to do this ever since she got smart with me at Bryson concert. I don't usually fight like this but she deserves it. Besides its a good stress reliever.

I started pulling out all the cheap ass tracks out her head as she tried to hit me.

"Stop I'm pregnant!" She yelled and tried to cover her stomach.

That only caused me to get more angry. I started to upper cut her in the face as she screamed and I soon felt Bryson's strong hands wrap around my waist. I don't give a fuck if she was pregnant or not. She need her ass whopped. You can call me wrong all you want. Thats how I feel.

"Laylah chill! " Bryson yelled and pulled me away from Dana. She then slowly got up and tried to fix her hair.

"Nah! She need her ass whooped! She raped you! " I heavily breathed out. Once someone messes with somebody I love its gone be hell. "Why the fuck are you here!? Get out before I beat cho ass again bitch!" She laughed. It was one of those crazy as laughs too.

"Really? Thats what he told you? I didn't rape him. He came on to me talking bout you don't be giving him none. I just did him a favor. We were at my party and he took me in to the bathroom and we had sex. Simple" she shrugged with a evil smirk on her face. I don't believe her for one second.

"Dana get out! " Bryson yelled. Dana still stood there and with a hurt look on her face.

"You heard him. Get yo orangutan looking ass out! Dont forget yo stiff ass weave!" I was still trying to get out of Bryson grip.

Dana shot me a bird and that caused me to just go crazy. I was yelling like I was a crazy ass moneky. I didn't even know what I was saying. After Dana walked out turned to look at Bryson.

"Let me go!" I yelled and started hitting him in the chest. The fact that he let her in was making me madder by the second.

"Not till you calm down" he said

"Bryson..." I huffed and closed my eyes. He was really pissing me off. I started to count to 20 in my head. Right after I was done he let me go.

"Why the fuck was she here!?" I yelled with my hand on my hip.

"I dont know! She just showed up talking bout she pregnant!" He yelled out in fustration.

"Did you really have sex with her in the bathroom?" I don't believe her but I just wanted to make sure.

"No! I told you everything that happened that night! Why would I lie about that!?"

"I believe you damn! I was just making sure. But why did you let her in tho!? And why did you pull me off!?" I hate it when people do that shit.

"I had to sooner or later! You was gone kill her. And I didn't let her in. When I came downstairs she was in. Thats why I started yelling then she said she was pregnant with my baby and then you came in"

"Ugh I hate that bitch" I groaned and started walking upstairs. He followed me. When I got to his room I went straight to the bed and sat on the edge and started to take off my shoes.

"So what you gone do if this is you're baby?" I looked up at him

"... ion know" he sighed and sat next to me.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I frowned

"She probably aint even pregnant"

"True but if she is then you gone have another child" he sighed again and rubbed his hands down his face in fustration.

"I don't want in baby from her" he mumbled

"Well duh I know that" i smacked my teeth

"You shouldn't even be mad. Im the one who got raped and now is maybe having another child. You got it easy" I turned to look away from him and blinked my eyes a few times to realize what he just said. He is so dumb.

"Oh I got it easy?" I laughed even tho none of this was funny. "You think I got it easy huh?" I asked again. "You know what?" I got up started to put my shoes back on.

"Where are you going?" He sighed still holding his head down. I didn't answer him and walked back downstairs to grab my car keys. Then I saw him coming down the stairs.

"Lay where are you going?" He asked again. I ignored him and started to look for my purse. "I know you hear me" his voice got louder.

"You say some of the dumbest shit! You know that right! How do I got it easy?! Huh?! Cause these past few months have been absolutely HELL! I got my mom, my uncle, and even the 2 people who I thought were my friends trying to kill me! And my depression is coming back! And you think I got it easy!? At least you don't got nobody trying to kill you! At least you have friends that have you're back! At least you're living you're life! Everyday I gotta watch my back 24/7 so I wont get shot! Dammit Bryson you erk my damn nerves! That damn baby might not even be yours better yet exist! So you basically have to deal with getting raped one damn time! I got raped multiple fucking times bye my fucking uncle! I caught my dad having sex with my mama yesterday and he swoar he would cut off all ties with her! I almost faught my mama Bryson!" By now I felt the tears burning in the back of my head that I tried to hold back. I sniffed and turned around so he couldnt see my face. I refused to cry. I'm tired of crying.

I sniffed again and tried to find my purse so I can go.

"Where is my fucking purse" I mumbled. Even tho I need it because it has my phone in it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that" he walked up to me and tried to grab my arm but I pulled away. Since I couldnt find my purse I just decided to leave it. I started walking to the door but he pulled me back towards him.

I knew my tears where 2.5 seconds away from falling so I tried to get out of his grip.

"Im so sorry Lay. I didn't mean it" he pulled me into a tight hug and mumbled sweet things into my ear and kissed my neck. It honestly didn't help at all.

"Its OK to cry" he mumbled

"I'm tired of crying" I sniffed again. I pulled away from him and walked out the door.

"Laylah!" He yelled my name as he followed me out to my car. I started walking faster and ignored him. I need to be alone right now.

"Baby!" He yelled louder.

I shook my head and got into the car. He ran towards me and knocked on my window.

"Laylah get out the car!" He yelled as he banged on my window harder. I started up the car and sped off towards the park I always go to.

People may think im overreacting but that shit he said had me heated. I get it. He got raped and now is possibly expecting a baby. But he cant say I got it easy. Thats just dumb! He knows what I've been through and trust me its way worser than what he's going through. I just really need to get out of Kentucky and get my life together.

Dana Pov

I watched as Laylah ran out of the house full of tears while Bryson chased her. It was honestly pothetic. She is so dramatic. I cant wait till tonight so I can kill that hoe. I'm doing this to keep my son plus she messed up me and Brysons relationship.

She drove off into the road. And Bryson stood there staring at her car speed away. Then he slowly walked into the house. A few seconds later I followed her car to wherever she was going.

Bryson POV

"Then what happened?" Swan and KC asked. Laylah has been gone for over 5 hours and its beginning to get dark outside and I'm really worried about her.

"Then she just left" I sighed and rubbed my temple. They both shook their heads and sighed.

"Damn my girl been going through it" KC said.

"What did I do wrong?" They both looked at me like I was stupid.

"Uh nigga? Are you dumb or are you plain on stupid? Oh I know. You that special stupid" Kc said while she nodded her head.

"Now is not the time for your jokes KC" I groaned

"Oh I ain't joking. I'm dead ass bruh. Thats girl life is a complete hell. And you gone say she got it easy" she smacked her teeth.

"Are yall forgetting about what I been through?" I asked in fustration. "She just being dramatic"

"No she not Bryson. Im just saying that you're not the only one that had been through some shit. I honestly do feel sorry for you. I don't know what it feels like to get raped. But I know yall can get through this shit together. Everybody goes through different situations in life. Some are worser than others but trust me Laylah doesn't have it easy"

"Neither do I"

"And you're right Bry" she agreed

"Come on Swan help me out here"

"I hate to admitt it but flat face is right" Swan said causing KC to hit him in the chest. "I just think she needs someone to talk to. She needs help dealing with this"

"What about me?!"

"Aint nobody forget about yo black ass" he is always making jokes at the wrong time. "All I'm saying is that you both need to support each other. You are trying to keep this hard core reputation and try to be all tough and shit and she trying to hide in all her emotions and be tough. And to be honest yall not gone get no where with that" swan shrugged

"So its all my fault?" I asked as I bit my lip

"Thats not what were saying. You just said the wrong thing and she got mad basically. And ion think she overreacting either" KC shrugged

I was taking in all they had said. I admitt. Saying that she had it easy was wrong because its defiantly not true. I love Laylah I didn't want to hurt her or make her cry. I guess that's just how I was feeling at the time. But she didn't have to leave like that.

"Do you know any places she could've gone? I already called her sister and I know she ain't at her dad house"

"I know she goes to the park sometimes to chill but other than that ion know" Kc said. I nodded my head and stood up

"Thank yall for the advise imma go out and see if she there" I dapped them and watched them walk out the house. I then ran upstairs to put my shoes on. When I was done I grabbed my car keys and locked up the house. I gotta go get my baby back.

-----------

This chapter sucks honestly. 😒

Anyway hi😊. Do tall think Laylah was overreacting?

Qotd: What is one thing you absolutely love about yourself?

Sadly ion got nothing😢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 38 22
For Josie to grow she needs Caleb her childhood enemy to help her. Same as Caleb needs Josie to help him before he drowns to deep. ...
6K 932 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...
53K 1.1K 56
After getting her life turned upside down, Hailey Lewis moves to Blossom Beach to live with her uncle and cousin. While trying to work through her pa...
0 0 10
This is the story of Pandora Frostwelm. Born into the prestigious Clouds of Heaven clan along with her twin sister Allura, she has had a difficult li...