I Think I Love My Brother's B...

By katiebarakarth

Meet Skye Barker. She pretty, smart, heartbroken, and Adam Barker's little sister. Meet Chace Matthews. He's... More

I Think I Love My Brother's Best Friend
A Fresh Start
Apologize
Bro Code
Dress Like A Nun
First Day Of School
Forgetting
Pizza
Messing Around
Chace Vs. Jake In The Battle Of Skye
Chivalry Is Dead
Drive Me Utterly Crazy
In A Matter Of Ten Seconds
Wanna Bet?
Complicated
Get Out
Make Skye Cry
Figure It Out
Dancing With Blondey-Bear Claw
Last Night
Stop It
No One
Up All Night
Ninth Grade Diary
Worst Day Ever
Sticking My Foot In My Mouth
Tongue Rubbing Competition
I Like Your Shirt, Now Take It Off
The Morning After
Apologize To The Condoms
Adam's Pancakes
The Best Intentions
Bro, Let Me Love You
You In, Beautiful?
Happy Birthday Skye
Stupid, Cheesy, Romantic Movie
Decided
Take That Back
How I Feel
Break Up
The End
Sneak Peek

A House Party

359K 7.6K 3.4K
By katiebarakarth

“Skye,” Adam popped his head into my room later that night.

“Yeah, bro?” I asked not looking up for my computer. Wattpad will forever be more interesting than him. No offense.

“We’re having a party tonight.”

“For what?” I asked baffled and finally looked up from my computer.

He rolled his eyes, “A house party for Chace and me coming back.”

“No one wants to celebrate Chace coming back,” I mumbled.

He laughed a little, “People are going to be here in about an hour.”

He left my room and I rushed into my bathroom. How was I going to get ready in one hour? Was he crazy? I thought as I stripped down and got into the shower. I only stayed in long enough to be clean; I didn’t exactly have time to enjoy the heated water washing over me. I dried myself off with a towel and wrapped my body in it. Then I wrapped my hair in one.

I raced to my closet trying to find an appropriate outfit for the night. I didn’t have too much. No matter how rich we were my parents weren’t going to let me spend tons of money on clothes without checking to see if I actually needed them. I whipped out a black dress and shimmed into it. It had thick straps instead of sleeves and came down about mid-thigh. The entire back was open. It came down in a v while the front was cut straight across, but just low enough for cleavage. Perfect I thought.

I slipped on a pair of black heels and quickly did my makeup. It was good timing too because the party was just starting to get loud. I threw off the towel on my head to reveal my straight hair and left my room to make my way downstairs. So far I had gone unknown and unnoticed until my best friend, Aaron, and his girlfriend, Jen, saw me.

“Skye!” Jen yelled with a huge smile and Aaron pulled me into a bear hug.

Once he let me go I laughed, “Hey, guys.”

Those two really were the cutest couple. Jen had huge brown eyes and black hair. She was short, though the heels she wore added some height, but Aaron still had a foot on her. He was strong, but lean and had the sweetest smile. His brown eyes and pale skin just seemed to match perfectly with Jen’s. However his brown hair was different from hers.

“You look great!” she exclaimed.

“Thanks,” I beamed, “you don’t look so bad yourself.”

“So Chace is back?” Aaron grimaced. My best friend was not hidden to the pranks he’d pulled on me throughout the years. Half of them happen in our school anyway.

I nodded, “But it’s not all bad. That means Adam’s back.”

“Aw,” he pouted sarcastically, “That means no more sleep overs for you and me.”

I laughed, “You and Chace might be the only guys my brother will never worry about.”

“Don’t be too sure,” Jen mumbled just loud enough for me to hear over the loud music, “He might kill you.”

I let out a light laugh, “I’m going to go find something to drink. See you guys later.”

I pushed passed the crowd of kids into my kitchen. When I finally made it to my fridge I felt a body press hard against me and flip me around. I looked up to realize it was James Freedman, a boy who without my brother wouldn’t have hesitated to mock me. I rolled my eyes as the alcohol scent of his breath hit me when he exhaled.

“Hi, beautiful,” he slurred.

“What do you want James?” I sighed still thirsty and not in the mood for this.

“You,” he smirked thinking that was clever. It wasn’t because he was drunk either, he was genuinely dumb.

“Nice, think of that all by yourself genius?” I said sarcastically.

“What’s your problem?” he furrowed his brow in confusion.

“Do you really not recognize me?”

“No,” he stated bluntly.

“The day my brother left you made a song about how fat I was,” I spat.

“Whoa, babe, let it go,” he replied still grinning, “You’re hot now.”

Rage flared inside me and if I had the ability to move my arms and hands whatsoever I would’ve slapped him.

“Get off,” I barked.

“Don’t ruin the fun,” he pressed himself harder against me. He leaned into me making his blonde hair fall in front of his brown eyes.

“Dude she said get off,” a man sighed from my right side and I turned my head slightly to see it was Chace. I blinked twice to make sure I was seeing this right. What the-

“Go away Chace,” James turned toward Chace forcing himself off me a little, “You can have another girl.”

He narrowed his eyes at James, “Seriously get off.”

“No,” James said more assertively this time like him was trying to mark his territory.

“Get the hell off Adam’s little sister!” he yelled.

“Skye?” he asked me.

I rolled my eyes. How dumb can this kid get? “Yes,” I seethed.

James got a new look in his eyes. A dangerous look that made me shiver as he leaned in to me again. His hand pulled down one of the straps of my dress and trailed down towards my butt.

“That’s it,” Chace said and I saw his fist fly into James’ face causing him to stumble back and fall into my kitchen counter. I suppose he was too drunk to retaliate, but he had football with Adam and Chace within the first week of school and he would certainly get back at him then if he didn’t see them sooner.

Chace quickly took James’ spot in front of me and looked at my wide eyes.

“You okay?” he asked.

“Why’d you do that?” I blurted out too surprised and grateful to stop myself.

“You told him to get off,” he grimaced in confusion.

“But you never help me,” I informed him of what he must’ve already knew.

He pushed his body against mine and whispered into the crook of my neck, “Adam would’ve killed me if I didn’t stop him.”

His warm breath hit my neck and I shivered making him chuckle, “And I’m the only one who’s allowed to mess with you.”

Then he pushed off me and left. He couldn’t have meant that last part. I was sure of it. The way he said it wasn’t as if he was mocking me, but more like I was his. He definitely didn’t want that. The sickest thing was; I kind of liked it.

 Adam found me still pressed against the fridge with a beer in my hand staring at James who was passed out. I was beginning to wonder if he’d ever wake up. Who knows how hard Chace packed a punch.

“What happened here?” he asked concerned about his friend. Admittedly those two and Chace were football buddies. They must’ve liked to hang out with each other.

“Chace punched him off of me,” I said before I realized what I had just told my over protective older brother.

“He was on you!” Adam exclaimed angrily. As I spoke I knew he was going to go off the walls. I anticipated something bad was about to happen, but when I saw his eyes land on my sleeve half way down my arm I almost died I was so terrified, “What do you mean ‘on you’? Did he kiss you or touch you?”

I knew either way I answered wasn’t going to be good, so I told the truth. “He touched me,” I squeaked out.

“What?” he exploded.

“But Chace knocked him out, so everything’s fine.”

“Everything’s not fine! Why did you let him touch you to begin with?”

                I scoffed, “I did not let him touch me.”

                “I’m going to kill him,” Adam snarled.

                “Shush,” I said looking around at the people who were beginning to stare at us. No one in their right mind would apparently miss the drama of someone touching Adam Barker’s little sister, “Adam it’s okay. Just be quiet.”

                He gritted his teeth, but then sighed through his nose before stomping off.

                Jen and Aaron found me pretty quickly after that and gawked at the story I had told to them.

                Jen walked over to James and kicked his stomach, “Never touch Skye.”

                Aaron chuckled as I gasped, “Jen, I’m fine. There’s no need to kill him.”

                “I thought you should get a little pay back,” Jen shrugged.

I grimaced and took another sip of my beer, “Pay back, not assault.”

“Same difference,” she rolled her eyes.

“You’re too violent.”

“You’re too forgiving,” Aaron responded for her.

I sighed and grabbed a second can, “I’m going to go get some fresh air.”

“Bye,” Aaron waved and turned to flirt with Jen.

I burst through the back doors of my house and took quick deep breaths. The yard was loud and filled with drunken people making out. I stood by the pool sipping on my drink alone wishing I had taken Aaron and Jen with me.

“You can’t be here dressed like that,” Adam came up behind me while I was looking at our lightened up pool changing colors.

“Why not?” I asked astonished and turned to face him.

“Because there are a lot of drunk guys and I don’t trust them.”

“Don’t you trust me?” I asked innocently.

“I trust you, but not your self-defense skills,” he informed me.

I rolled my eyes ready with a comeback when a huge splash came behind me and soaked me to my core. I slowly faced the pool to see Chace coming back up from underwater.

“What’s wrong with you?” I screamed forgetting all traces of the sweet Chace who’d just saved me.

“Who? Me?” he asked faking innocence with a smirk.

I stormed off to my room not even interested in partying anymore. I was more focused on going to bed. I slammed the door to my room shut and stripped off all my clothes. I picked out a bra and underwear, quickly changed into them and crawled into my warm comforters.

My eyelids drooped and my bed dipped down. I felt a body on top of my covers, but still on the bed with me. Too tired to fully register that another person was in there with me, I fell into an unconscious, peaceful sleep.

A/N: So this kind of showed Adam's over-protective-older-brother side instead of the fun side, but hey I still like him. And how about Chace? He was being so sweet... for a minute. Comment, vote, and fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 460 100
Novel Summary: [Book 2] From the poor little girl who ate hundreds of meals in the small mountain village to the wealthy lady, the five-year-old Nuan...
33.6K 1.9K 61
When bubbly, outgoing and talkative Ida Abberline joins PAAZ, one of the most selective and elitist schools in the world, she's thrilled and starts d...
22.5K 677 39
//Rafe Cameron\\ "You don't make deals with the devil, not unless you want to dance with him and maybe I did" Lily Grant has spent her whole life sl...
992K 41.1K 58
Sneak peek⬇️ "He looked damn hot right now. His greenish hazel eyes, staring into my eyes... his messy hair falling forward as he leaned over me... h...