Switched at Birth (A Patrick...

By _Hum_Hallelujah

Kristina never really was the same as her parents. She was quite different. She didn't even look like them! T... More

Switched at Birth (A Patrick Stump Fanfic)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Author's Note

Chapter 18

10.8K 247 701
By _Hum_Hallelujah

(Patrick's POV)

I wake up at around noon according to my phone, and Kristina is still asleep in my arms. I think she will be better tonight. This was her first night away from home, so she was a little homesick at first. I'm glad she didn't fall out of the bunk. That would have hurt, and these bunks are small so that it could have happened.

I stretch a little, and it wakes up Kristina. She kind of wiggles a little, then stops. I think she forgot she slept in my bunk last night. She remembers, and continues wiggling. Eventually she looks up at me.

"Good morning," she says.

"Morning," I say. She crawls out of my arms and out of the bunk, and I follow her. Joe sees us and laughs.

"Did somebody get scared last night?" He teases Kristina.

"Yep, Daddy missed Mama, so I slept in his bunk last night," she jokes. I didn't say anything, but I did give an innocent look and shrug to Joe.

"That's what I thought," Joe says, nodding. I'm glad he humors her.

"What's for breakfast?" She asks.

"Breakfast? It's lunch time, Fangirl," Andy says from the driver's seat. Kristina rolls her eyes and gives me a dirty look at the mention of the nickname.

I laugh and shrug as I say, "Don't blame me! I didn't think they would use it."

"I'm sure you didn't," she says. I just laugh. "What is for lunch then, Uncle Pete?"

"I want pizza, but I don't know if you would since you had it yesterday," he says. "Want SubWay?"

"Sounds good! Just let me go change and fix my hair. It's probably a mess," she says.

"Actually it's not that bad. You couldn't really roll around last night," I say.

"True. You were a nice pillow, by the way," she says, laughing.

"Thank you. What are dads for?" I say. She just smiles and goes to her bunk to get clothes and everything. She then goes to our tiny bathroom and changes.

When she comes out, her hair is down and naturally curly (as usual) and, her make-up is on. She is wearing the burgundy flowy t-shirt with the studs above the pocket again, with the same black skinny jeans and combat boots. She also wore some black large frame prescription glasses. She doesn't have to wear them all the time, just when she feels like it. She sits on the couch with Joe, Pete, and me. The guys have all changed, but I haven't.

"I'm going to go get changed. When I get out you can find the nearest SubWay, Andy," I say.

"Alright. Don't be too long. We're starved!" He says.

"I won't," I say. Then, I get everything I need and go to the bathroom to change.

(Kristina's POV)

I'm so glad Daddy let me sleep in his bunk. I was a little homesick last night, but I'm better now.

After Dad leaves to get changed, Uncle Joe and Uncle Pete just sit on the couch with me. Nobody is saying anything. Then, Uncle Pete spoke up.

"Why'd you dress so nice today?" He asks.

"I don't know. Just felt like it," I say.

"Hoping you can get some guy's number at SubWay?" He asks.

I laugh, "Oh yes! My dream guy is a worker at SubWay."

"I thought it was Patrick," Uncle Joe says.

"You are never going to let that go, are you?" I say, quite annoyed.

"Nope," Uncle Joe smiles.

"You are just so sweet," I say sarcastically.

"I know," he smiles.

"You've got anything to say, Uncle Andy?" I ask.

"No, I'm staying out of this boy talk," he says.

"You are wise," I laugh. Then, Dad comes out with his black fedora and glasses, burgundy cardigan with a black band tee undershirt, and black skinny jeans and combat boots. He sits down next to me.

I notice Uncle Pete look from me to Dad. "Stump, stand up," he ordered.

We stand up side by side. Uncle Pete continues to look back and forth at us. Then, he starts laughing hysterically.

"Did I miss something?" Dad asks me.

"I think I did, too," I say to him. Uncle Joe is looking at Uncle Pete like he's crazy.

"What's so funny, Pete?" Uncle Joe asks.

"Look at them! They look like twins! Same glasses, same colored shirt, same colored skinny jeans, and same shoes! They even tied their shoelaces the same way by wrapping them around their leg before tying!" Uncle Pete says, laughing. Dadgummit. I'm going to be in public dress like my dad! Uncle Joe starts laughing, too. Uncle Andy can't even see us, but he's laughing.

I look at Dad, and he looks at me. He starts laughing slightly, and I just shake my head and sit down next to Uncle Joe.

I feel the bus turn and stop. Uncle Andy walks over by us and says, "We are here! We are at SubWay, and a few hours from Seattle."

"Awesome!" I say. I stand up and run off the bus. Dad, Uncle Andy, Uncle Pete, and Uncle Joe follow. I was very hungry.

We all got footlongs. I got turkey; Dad and Uncle Andy got spinach; Uncle Pete got meatball marinara, and Uncle Joe got Philly steak. We all got chips, too. It didn't take long for us to eat, but they seemed amazed I are a footlong.

"You can only eat two slices of pizza one day. Then, you turn around and eat a footlong with chips the next day," Uncle Joe says.

"I'm a strange child," I say.

"You don't have to tell me twice," Dad mumbles. I shove his shoulder because he is sitting by me. I don't know why he always sits next to me. It's not like I'm going anywhere.

After everybody gets done eating, we sit and talk for a while. We are in a booth. I'm against the wall with Daddy next to me. Uncle Andy is in front of me with Uncle Joe beside him, and Uncle Pete pulled up a chair at the end of the table. Our seating is very important because I have to pee, and I can't get out.

"Hey, Daddy. Could you move?" I ask.

"Why?" He asks.

"I have to use the restroom," I say.

Just as he is about to get up, Uncle Pete speaks up.

"I'm afraid he can't let you do that," he says.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Because we won't let you," he says.

"Yes, we will," Dad says as he gets up to let me out.

I walk out and Uncle Pete says, "Man, why did you do that? I was wanting to mess with her!"

"Because he loves me more than he loves you!" I say. Uncle Pete fake pouts, and my other uncles and I laugh.

"That, and I don't want my daughter making a mess in my seat!" Dad says. Uncle Andy and Uncle Joe laugh again.

"Hey!" I say.

"It's true," Dad says. I shrug and walk to the restroom. When I get out, the guys are gone. What the heck?

I go to bus, and when I get on, I don't see them. Then they all jump out of hiding screaming and scare me to death. I jump and scream in reflex and they double over laughing.

"That wasn't nice," I pout. The still laugh. "Who's idea was it?" I ask.

While laughing, Uncle Pete raises his hand.

"I knew it was you!" I say walking over to him. "It's not nice to scare people!" I say as I punch his chest. Eventually, they stop laughing. I sit down on the couch. Dad and Uncle Pete sit next to me. Uncle Joe sits next to Uncle Pete. Uncle Andy just stands and looks at Dad with his arms crossed.

"What?" Dad asks him.

"I'm done driving! It's your turn," Uncle Andy says.

"Oh. Joy," Dad says. He gets up, goes to the driver's seat, and starts driving. I grab the remote to the TV, and Uncle Andy sits beside me.

"Want to watch a movie?" I ask.

"Sure," Uncle Joe says. I pull up the TV guide and go through the movie channels. I notice Now You See Me starts at 1:30, and I flip out.

"Holy smokes, can we please watch this?" I ask excitedly.

"Yeah, sure. It comes on in 5 minutes," Uncle Andy says.

"Yes! Thank you!" I say kissing him on the cheek.

"What's the big deal?" Uncle Pete asks.

"This is my all-time favorite movie," I say.

"That?" He asks giving me an odd look.

"Yes! Don't judge me. This movie is awesome!" I say. I click on that channel just as its about to start.

We watch the movie, and I love every bit of it. Sometimes they'd try talking, but I'd shush them.

After the movie is over, it's 3:25.

"Can we talk now?" Dad asks.

"Yes," I say.

"We will be in Seattle at 4:30, and that's when our interview is. After we get done with that, we have meet and greets at 5, and Panic! starts at 7," he says.

"Awesome!" I say.

"We got basically an hour. What do you want to do?" Uncle Andy asks.

"Honestly? I want to play on my phone. I've got something to put on Instagram," I say.

"Fine then. Don't play video games with us!" Uncle Joe says offended.

"I won't!" I laugh. They start playing some video I've never heard of before, and I play on my iPod.

I make a collage with the pictures I have taken with them so far on the tour. There are five. One of me with each and one of all of us together. I make the one with all of us together the center and the others on the corners so it looks like an X. I put it on Instagram, and all my "friends" from my old school start commenting on it.

"Who are those men?" One asks.

"It's Fall Out Boy, my dad's band," I say.

"You are still making up that story?" One says.

"I'm not making it up! The one in the fedora (that's a hat, by the way) is my dad! Pictures don't lie!" I say.

"They do when they are photoshopped," another says.

"Look, you guys know me well enough to know I'm a goodie-two-shoes. Goodie-two-shoes don't lie!" I say. I forgot to tag my uncles and Dad in the photo, so I do that. All there phones go off because of the notification. I keep my eyes glued to my phone.

"They might not lie, but they can mislead people. You are smart. You probably know how to photoshop," one says.

"I don't even have the app!" I say. Then, I notice Uncle Pete commented.

"Who gave you the right to post a picture of you with your uncles and father? Those pictures are terrible!" He says.

"Who the heck is that?" One girl asked.

"That's the bass player for Fall Out Boy. Don't believe me? Click on his name. He's like an uncle to me. I love you, Uncle @petewentz," I say.

"I love you, too, Fangirl," he says.

"@petewentz Grrrr," I say. I hear Uncle Pete laugh. He must have read that. All my "friends" start commenting again.

"Wow! You got a famous person to comment of your photo!" One says.

"I live with him right now! We are literally feet apart at the moment," I say.

"Keep saying that. Let's see if it comes true," one says.

"You know what? I don't have to prove myself to you! I know it's true, so that's all that matters! I don't care what you think!" I say.

Then, Dad comments, "Hey! You used my lyrics and Fall Out Boy's lyric in one comment! Impressive," he says.

"@patrickstump Daddy! You are supposed to be driving! Put your phone up!" I say.

"Sorry! Love you, sweetie," he says.

"@patrickstump I love you, Daddy," I say.

"Oh my goodness! Quit calling famous people Daddy! That's disgusting!" One says.

"Well, so are you!" I say. Then, I block all my "friends" so they can never bother me again. I scroll through my feed and see where Uncle Joe posted a picture of me last night. It's me and him after the show.

The comment reads, "Me and my niece after the first show in Los Angeles. Love you, Fangirl!"

I smile and comment, "Love you, too, Uncle Joe!"

I scroll a little further and see one if them posted something on @falloutboy. It's a selfie we all took.

The caption reads, "Los Angeles, you were great! (The girl is Patrick's daughter. She calls us guys Uncle. Love you, fangirl!)"

I smile, but don't bother reading the comments. I write, "I love you guys! Thanks for loving me back."

After that, I get my camera on and take a picture of my uncles playing the video game. They are sitting in the floor with their eyes glued to the TV and the controllers in their hands. It was quite funny. I put the picture on Instagram and caption it, "I love my video game loving uncles!" I tag them in it, then get off of Instagram. I play some games and I feel the bus stop.

"We are here!" Dad yells. All the guys pout and turn off the video game. I put my phone and follow Dad outside.

The five of us get in the building and everybody starts getting the guys ready for the interview. I just stand there. Nobody acted like I was there.

The interview is sitting in a chair, ready. There is a couch with two barstools behind it did the guys to sit on. I stand close by, getting ready to watch. Dad sits on the couch next to Uncle Pete. Uncle Andy sits behind him and Uncle Joe beside him. The interview is looking away from the guys. I don't know what she's looking at. The guys are looking around, and Dad notices me. He waves me towards him. I shake my head. He waves again. I shake my head again. Then he mouths, "Get over here now!" I obey, and sit in between him and Uncle Pete.

"What is it?" I ask.

"We are about to make it public that you are my daughter and not Laura," he says smiling.

I smile, then I hear someone say, "We are in in 3,2..."

Then the interview starts speaking into the camera. "Hello, today I am hear with Patrick, Pete, Andy, and Joe. Also known as Fall Out Boy." The guys smile, and the interviewer turns to face them, notices me, then gives a stunned look. "And who is this?" She asks.

Dad puts his arm around me to side hug me, we look at each other, and he says, "This is my daughter, Kristina Stump." I smile.

"I thought your daughter was Laura," the interviewer says.

"So does everybody else. That's why I asked her to be here. You see, a month ago my wife and I got a call from the hospital. Turns out the hospital made a mistake, and we had the wrong baby girl. It was a switched at birth thing," Dad says.

"Oh, I see," says the interviewer. "It's nice meeting you, Kristina."

"It's nice meeting you too, ma'am," I say.

"How do you like having Patrick Stump for a father?" She asks me.

"I'm sure she loves it," Uncle Pete says. I flash him a dirty look, and then answer the lady's question.

"Oh, it's awesome! Mama and Daddy make me feel so loved. I can tell they are my parents, and it's amazingly comforting knowing I have my parents now," I say.

"That's great!" Says the interviewer.

The interview lasted about five minutes, and I never spoke again. I didn't want to intrude on the questioning. I just listened and laughed when something funny was said.

After it was finished, we all got on the bus and drove to the arena. We were there in 10 minutes. The guys had to get ready for meet and greets. While the meet and greets went on, I sat to the side in a chair watching. It was hilarious watching fangirl by fangirl freak out at the sight of them. It was like a movie! The took pictures and signed autographs for an hour.

After that was over, we walked back stage to the dressing rooms. It is now 6 so Panic! is getting ready for the concert. We run into them and they say a quick hi and bye before they had to leave. I'm guessing they didn't get hear on time and have to do two hours of work in an hour.

The guys go to their separate dressing rooms, and I follow Dad into his. As soon as he shuts the door, he starts apologizing.

"Kina, I'm so sorry," he says.

"Why? You didn't do anything," I say.

"That's my point. Ever since we got in Seattle, the guys and I have ignored you," he says.

"Daddy, you had me on your interview! That's more than I could ask for!" I exclaim.

"But that's it. We even ignored you during the meet and greets," he says.

"Believe me. It was great watching your meet and greets. I mean, have you seen your fans? They are hilarious! I got to watch an hour sitcom!" I say.

"Yeah," he laughs.

(Patrick's POV)

I feel terrible about basically ignoring Kina. At least she isn't upset about it. She actually enjoyed getting to just observe. Man, she's a great kid.

I change into a black morphsuit, and leave the bathroom. When Kristina sees me she starts dying laughing.

"You will see later," I say.

We go to the other guys' rooms. Every time we go to one, they follow us in their morphsuits. Kristina laughs every time. After we get Andy, we all head to my room.

"You guys have got to tell me whats going on," she laughs.

"No. You will just have to wait and see," Pete says.

"Well, at least let me take a picture," she says. Pete hands her his phone.

"Pose!" She says. We all do a goofy pose, and she takes the picture. A few minutes later, she hands his phone back to him. It is blowing up.

"Why am I getting so many Inst- You didn't!" He yells at Kristina.

"Guess that band member!" She says. All the guys look at each other and we pounce on her. She falls to the floor and we tickle her. "Get off of me!" She laughs. "It hurts!"

"This is your punishment!" Andy says.

A few minutes later, we get off of her.

"That wasn't nice," she says.

"What you did wasn't nice either!" Joe says.

"Touché, but at least mind made people laugh!" She says.

"So did ours!" I say.

She crosses her arms and fake pouts, "My uncles and Daddy are mean."

"Well, so is my niece," Pete says.

"That was cold," she says.

"You walked right into it," Joe says.

We hear music play and run out of the room.

"What are we doing?" Kristina yells while running.

"You are about to find out why we are dressed like this," I say.

The guys and I run onto the stage during mid song. The crowd goes wild, and is laugh. We make circles around them a few times, and Brendan yells a few choice words into the microphone. I laugh, and we all run off stage. Kristina is doubled over laughing.

"Was it worth the wait?" I ask.

"Oh yes. That was perfect!" She says laughing. We all go to our rooms to change into our clothes from before. We get our instruments and meet at the side of the stage one by one. Soon, Panic! is over. The run off stage and greet us.

"You guys are terrible," Dallon says.

"They know," Kristina smiles.

"Hey, how's it going, kiddo?" Brendan asks her.

"Awesome! You guys were amazing!" She says.

"I knew she had a good taste in music," Spencer says. They fist bump, then they leave to go shower. Now, it's our turn.

Kristina gives us all a hug, a kiss on the cheek, and tells us good luck. We then run on stage. The crowd cheers and we play a few songs. I look over at Kristina and she's singing along. This gives me an idea. After we finish this song, I walk over to Pete, tell him my idea and he approves. We then play another song. After this song, I sit my guitar down, and run of stage. The crowd goes wild. I don't know what there problem is. Kristina gives me a confused look. I throw her over my shoulders and run back on stage. The crowd goes wild again and Kristina beats her fists on my back.

I let her down in front of the mic, and she starts wiping her shirt as she says, "Ewww. You're all sweaty." The crowd screams and laughs. She jumps back because she didn't realize she said that into the microphone.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is my daughter, Kristina. Laura is not my daughter. The girls were switched at birth," I say into the microphone. They all cheer. Kristina smiles. "My girl has recently became a professional singer." She looks at me with worry and excitement. "Is that right, boys?" The crowd cheers as they all say yes. "Tonight, my daughter is going to sing with me. Would you guys be alright with that?" They all cheer in approval. Kristina just smiles at me. I pick up my guitar, then I whisper in her ear, "Start it off, I'll sing the chorus with you. Then I'll do the second verse, and everything else will be together. You'll do great." She nods.

"You know what Seattle?" Pete yells into the microphone. The crowd screams. "I miss missing you!" The crowd screams again. Kristina smiles at me as we start playing. She then starts off. She sounded beautiful. The crowd cheers for her. She smiles. I'm so happy she's happy. We get to the chorus and I sing with her. The crowd roars. We do the whole song, and afterwards, Pete speaks into the microphone. "You did great, Fangirl!"

"Thanks, Uncle Pete!" She says into the microphone. The crowd continues roaring.

"But now it's time for you to go," I say into the microphone. I put my guitar down and throw her over my shoulder again. The crowd roars as I run off stage. I drop her off and run back. While I'm putting my guitar back on, Pete says into the microphone, "How did you like the little man's daughter?" The crowd cheers. We continue the show. After its over, we run off stage to greet Kristina. Joe throws her over his shoulder.

"You did amazing!" He says spinning her around.

"Thank you! Now put me down," she says. He does, then she runs up and hugs me.

"Thank you so much, Daddy! I love you so much!" She says.

"I love you, too. You were beautiful!" I say. I kiss her on the cheek and she returns the favor.

"Holy smokes, you are sweaty!" She says. I just laugh.

"Let's go take some showers so we can meet with some fans," Andy says.

We all run to our rooms to take quick showers and change.

(Kristina's POV)

That was awesome! I can't believe Daddy had me do that! Holy smokes! It was incredible! The crowd actually liked it! Holy smokes!

The guys went to the rooms to shower really quick and change so they could meet some fans. Meanwhile, my phone is blowing up. People found my Instagram and started posting pictures of me singing with Daddy at the concert. I'm kind of famous now!

Dad gets out of the shower, and we go get all the guys. When we see Brendan, he looks at me and smiles.

"Was that you I heard singing?" He asks.

"Yep!" I say smiling.

"You did great!" He says. He picks me up while hugging me and spins me around.

"Thank you!" I say. He puts me down, then we go into a lobby where Uncle Pete told the fans they will be. We get there and there were probably a hundred people that stuck around. They talk to a few teen girls, take pictures, and sign autographs. Some even asked for mine! It was so cool! I got a lot of compliments, it was really nice.

Eventually, this one boy shows up. He looks like he's 20. He compliments both the bands and gets autographs. He introduces himself as Mick. I could help but laugh when he said that was his name, considering the song title and all. He complements me on my singing, too.

Before the guys are done talking to Mick, I excuse my self to the restroom.

I leave and do my business. When I leave the restroom I turn to go back to the lobby. I feel somebody grab me and put a funny smelling cloth over my nose and mouth. I tried screaming, and then everything

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 325 29
Taylor spend most of her life living with her mother, He and Her Mom broke up when she was only a baby. Her mother remarry when she was five, and bre...
90K 4K 37
{COMPLETED} If you are reading this, then it means that you are really stupid to read this. I am kidding (maybe, maybe not). I am Pheonix and this is...
49.9K 1K 43
-I MADE THIS ENTIRELY BASED ON A JOKE ON FANFIC STERIOTYPES- Elise was just an ordinary kid living life in her sappy little foster home, waiting for...
153K 3.7K 52
Brendon Uries little sister goes on tour with Panic! And TØP where she meets Joshua William Dun. With both of them battling things from their past...