Ever Since New York

By NonaGrub

Birdie Tomlinson, sister to Louis Tomlinson had just turned twenty-one. Her brother and his band mates hav... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 12

726 8 2
By NonaGrub

Alyssa helped me get ready for my dinner date with Harry.

He texted me and told me to dress cute, not fancy and I was happy because I needed to do some shopping.

Alyssa picked out a cute, white dress with small ruffles along the top and handed me a yellow cover jacket.

I paired the dress with my white sandals and put on a few coats of mascara and my chap-stick.

Turning around, I saw Alyssa standing by the door, her hands covering her mouth.

"I feel like a mom sending her daughter out on her first date!" she exclaims.

I chuckle and shake my head, grabbing her hand and walking us downstairs.

"I'm just glad this dress had pockets because I'm not a big fan of purses." I tell her as I slip my phone in my pocket along with my money clipped together.

Alyssa grins and nods, grabbing the last of the sandwiches and nibbling them.

I glance at the clock and see that it's a minute until 6, then there's a knock at the door.

Squealing, I walk to the door and open it, seeing Harry standing there, looking at his watch.

I open my mouth to say hello when he puts a finger up, then grins and looks at me, putting his hands down. "Now it's six. Right on time." he says.

I laugh and step out of the door, giving a wave to Alyssa before I shut the door.

Harry takes a step back and bites his lip, looking me up at down. Harry was wearing a white button down and black skinny jeans. He had a Rolex on his left wrist and his hair was a bit messy.

"Even for dressing cute you still manage to look gorgeous." he says, taking my hand in his.

I blush and look down. "It's not too much, is it?" I ask.

Harry scoffs and shakes his head. "God, no. You look perfect." he says.

I smile at him and we walk to his dark green Jeep.

He walks me over to the passenger side and helps me up.

I chuckle as I stumble a bit and Harry pushes me into the seat so I don't fall.

"Careful, love. Don't want you getting hurt already." Harry says, smiling small.

I smile back and nod.

He shuts the door and walks around to his side, getting and buckling up.

After starting the car, Harry pulls out onto the street and drives.

"So, where are we going?" I ask, looking at him.

Harry looks over at me, then back at the road. "Well, I've been craving some Italian. You?"

I nod, leaning back. "God, yes. I haven't had real Italian food in so long." I tell him.

Harry smiles and looks at me. "Great. Olive Garden it is."

We parked a few spaces away from the entrance to the restaurant and got out.

Harry come over and grabbed my hand, holding it in his as we walked into the Olive Garden.

When we entered, Harry walked up to the lady behind a desk and smiled at her.

"Hi. Can we get a table for two?" he asks.

I watch as the lady's eyes widen with recognition and she smiles. "Of course, Mr. Styles. Right away." she says.

She leaves for a minute before returning with menus.

"Follow me." she says, leading us towards a table in the middle of the restaurant.

Harry pulls my chair out for me and I smile kindly at him as I sit and he pushes me in.

I watch as he sits across from me and I bite my lip.

The waitress hands us our menus and looks between the two of us. "Can I start you two off with something to drink? Champagne? Wine? Tea or soda?" she asks.

I look at Harry and shrug my shoulders, then look up at her.

"I'd like a sweet tea. With lemon, please." I tell her.

She nods and writes my drink down on her little pad before turning to Harry. "And for you?"

Harry smiles, looking at me. "I'd like a Diet Coke, please." 

The waitress nods, scribbling it down before she looks at us again.

"And would you two like a moment to look over the menu or are you ready?" she asks us.

"Oh, we'd like to take a few minutes." Harry says, picking up his menu.

She nods and smiles at me before leaving us alone.

I pick up my menu and glance at Harry, who's looking at me.

I giggle and put my menu down, looking at him. "Is that what we're going to do all night? Just look at each other and not really talk?" I ask him.

Harry grins and sets his menu down as well.

"That depends." he says, folding his hands together and resting his chin on them as he looks into my eyes. "Do we really have anything to talk about?" he asks.

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Yes, Harry. We really do have something to talk about. Us." I say, gesturing between the two of us.

Harry nods and adjusts his seat a bit. "Well...I don't really know where to start." he confesses.

I nod and scoot forward a bit when the waitress comes back with our drinks.

As she sets them down in front of us, she asks us what we'd like to order now.

I clear my throat and nod, glancing down at the menu. "Yes, can I get the Frediccini Alfredo? With a salad, please." I tell her, handing her the menu.

She nods and takes the menu, then turns to Harry who orders the special and she leaves us once more.

"Well..Harry, I've talked about it with my friend and after everything that's happened and what you told me last night, I want to see where things go between us." I tell him, looking into his eyes.

Harry pauses and swallows, looking at me and then away. "Birdie..." he says, trailing off.

I look away, knowing what he was going to say. "No, don't. It's fine, Harry. I understand." I say.

My hands have started to shake and I stand up, smiling at Harry as he looks at me.

"I should go then. Sorry for dinner." I say, digging in my pocket and grabbing my money, tossing a few bills on the table before walking briskly towards the exit.

I ignore the stares and the whispers of the people around as I make my way out of the restaurant.

Once outside, I pull my small jacket closer to me as the wind starts to pick up.

I dig my phone out of my pocket and open Alyssa's contact when a hand covers my phone and turns me around.

Harry stands there, breathing heavily as he looks down at me.

"Birdie. What are you doing?" he asks.

I scoff and wipe away the stray tear that falls form my eye. "I'm leaving. I don't want to be here if I'm not wanted, Harry."

Harry shakes his head and steps closer to me. "You think I don't want you? You're all I bloody think about. When I go to sleep, I want you next to me and when I wake up, and you're not there, it makes me feel so empty, like I'm missing something." he tells me.

I look up at him, my brows furrowed in confusion. "Then what happened it there?" I demand.

Harry sighs and runs a hand through his short hair. "I...I just didn't know how to say it. And I don't want to hurt Louis anymore than I already have, Birdie."

"So what now, huh? Do we just act like that night never happened, that there are no feelings between us at all?" I ask, gesturing back and forth between us.

I glance around and see that a small crowd has gathered, watching Harry and I.

Harry looks at me and bites his lip, his hand dropping from mine. "Yeah. That's how it has to be." he says.

My eyes water and I laugh a bit, then turn and walk away, down the sidewalk.

I push my way through the crowd and wipe at my eyes, angry at myself that I let my feeling become so strong.

I hear Harry call my name but I keep walking.

"Stupid..so, so stupid." I mutter to myself as I make my way home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 74 20
Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson have been a part of world's famous onedirection band. They have been living together and are extremely close. It was...
218 3 71
Pg 13,Eve is the sister of Louis Tomlinson from one direction. She also has a sister named Bell. Eve and Harry used to be good friends but with there...
184K 3.5K 30
It all started on a wild night when Brie Parker snuck out of home to go to the biggest party of the year. Shortly after the party she stumbled out dr...
98 7 7
Disclaimer: this is not my writing this is by goldenhazzalou on AO3 and I wanted to put it on here Harry and Louis have been friends since they were...